203 Harrison Street
Leesburg, VA 20175Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tuskies.com/
- Phone: (703) 478-1141
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm; Café: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Patrick Dinh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From corporate lunch to formal wedding, Tuscarora Mill offers personalized menus & professional service.
- Cross Street: Loudoun & Harrison
- Public Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking is available in 3 separate lots. One lot is located at the corner of Harrison & Loudoun Streets; a second larger lot is located on Harrison Street & South Streets; and a third lot with handicap access into the restaurant is located on Harrison Street.
A word from Tuscarora Mill
Tuscarora Mill, the cornerstone of Market Station, has been serving fine food & wine to its guests since 1985. Originally an operating grain mill, Tuscarora Mill has maintained the rustic interior & charm of the mill. Chef Patrick Dinh’s seasonal menus use the freshest of local produce. Signature dishes include Sesame Roasted Salmon, Roasted Lamb Chops & Portuguese-style Rockfish. To compliment the menu, Tuscarora Mill has an impressive wine list, winner of the Wine Spectacular Award of Excellence for the past 10 years. The in-house bakery, SouthStreet Under, prepares savory breads & decadent desserts daily. Affectionately known to the locals as Tuskie’s, this finer eatery also sports a relaxing bar, serving 22 beers on tap & a café menu. Whether it is a romantic dinner, a casual lunch or a corporate function, Tuscarora Mill will surely exceed your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tuscarora Mill - Best Restaurants in Leesburg ›
Tuscarora Mill reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)fit for foodies (129)neighborhood gem (116)romantic (87)good for groups (72)great for lunch (71)great for brunch (61)notable wine list (51)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Rustic Atmosphere, Spectacular FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014A great place for lunch or dinner; from an informal setting up front to elegant dining in the back. Upscale food in a quiet, romantic setting. The Log Cabin Room is great for small receptions or parties. Perhaps the best restaurant in LeesburgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not For MeTomLuvsFoodDined on 11/17/2014On a rainy night, parking is a real problem at Tuscarora Mills in their small, over-crowded lot. Upon entry to the restaurant, you are not greeted until you walk through the noisy bar area and into the adjoining dining room. Unfortunately, the noise of the bar carries into the joining dining room and distracts from the dining experience. The wine list is very limited and does not include Reislings, Chianti, and many other wines often enjoyed at dinner. The menu includes a good selection of appetizers and salads. My corn chowder was hot, full of creamy broth and vegetables, and delicious. There was a short but adequate number of entrees including two game entrees. My pork ribeye had great potential but was quite over salted. The highlight of the meal was desert - a trio of beignets filled with cheesecake and covered with raspberry sauce. It was a great finale. Service was very good. Our waiter was knowledgeable of menu items, pleasant, helpful, and very attentive to our dining experience.
- Continues to impressOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/15/2014Have now been back to Tuskies several times and they are a consistent winner. Waitstaff are energetic, knowledgeable of the meals including specials and make solid recommendations. They are several seating options and all or very comfortable. Specially impressed with the Scotch Whiskeys and drink specials. Trout was tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodieDined on 11/14/2014We had a great meal here. Service was outstanding, food was very interesting. We had the summer squash fondue which was a little bit of a weird combo but it turned out to be good. The mussels were awesome, highly recommended. I ordered the ribeye special. It was smoked then grilled. Super good combo and you could taste the smoky flavor. It was just a bit dry though. I would order it rare it Med-rare next time. Bread pudding with ice cream for dessert, one of my all time favorites. It was crowded so there was a little noise but that's becauelse everyone was having a great time. Overall - a solid 4 star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-week dinnerNavigatorDined on 11/12/2014A friend who was a first-timer at the Mill joined my wife and me for Wednesday night dinner, and all of us decided it was well worth the 45 minute trip from Winchester. The dining room was quiet and attractive, and a fantastic waitress provided efficient but unobtrusive service, including recommending a great moderately-priced wine. Corn chowder and chicken and shrimp spring rolls were tasty appetizers, while shrimp and grits, pork ribeye, and smoked chicken penne entrees were shared and enjoyed. Caramel bread pudding and creme brulee topped off a perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2014We ate in the bright, sunny back portion of the restaurant. Unfortunately, as it filled with patrons, it got quite loud. If you are looking for a more quite experience, I would recommend eating in the old section of the facility. The food was great, as always, as well as the service. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Elk for the first timewolvieDined on 11/8/2014and it was excellent! Kudos to Chef Patrick on the prep and side dishes for this course. My friends had the venison, trout, and rockfish for their entrees and all were great per usual. Will be back.Special Features:
- ConsistentdebbyDined on 11/8/2014We have lately been spending way too much money at highly rated foodie restaurants with prix fixe menus that are big into presentation. Presentation is always superb but the dishes don't always please everyone's taste at the table. So, we decided to spend a birthday at Tuskies because it is always consistent and you can choose what you want to eat to match your mood and most of the time the food is very good and often excellent. Service is usually very good too. We may end up spending more events at Tuskies than the foo foo restaurants from now on.Special Features:
- Great menu with food and serviceLtrmanDined on 11/8/2014Very nice. Enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak and servicesuzanneDined on 11/7/2014love the atmosphere. our steak was cooked just right and the server was very friendly and attentive. plus i love the breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to dineadiinerDined on 11/6/2014I have toughened up my ratings. What some would call Outstanding, I mark as Very Good. I don't want "grade creep" to be a factor in ratings. That said, Tuscarora Mill, Tuskies to repeat diners, is our first choice for a special occasion dining spot. We have been going there for years, and the food and service have never faltered. The menu is always very creative. We're still trying to find the best quiet spot. Being in a reconstructed mill, the ceiling is very high. We have been in what I call the add on dining room, and it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 11/5/2014Tuskies continues to be one of our favorite restaurants. Tried some of the new offerings on the menu and were not disappointed. The surf and turf dish of grilled shrimp and tenderloins on a skewer are wonderful. Even saved room for one of the small finish desserts -- a blueberry tart -- which was just the right finish to a delightful meal. Thanks to Chef Patrick for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael818VIPDined on 11/2/2014The Mill remains one of the better options for dining in Leesburg. It seems that the menu has changed to be a bit more upscale (and expensive) but the quality is good. Dinner was excellent with both the trout and duck breast having been well prepared.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014After making the reservation online, I called to confirm our reservation because it was a special occasion - a 50th bday party celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food at Tuscarora MillLove2eatDined on 11/1/2014A delightful dinner at the Tuscarora Mill in Leesburg! Always a creative menu and local fresh & healthy food to enjoy. Pumpkin ravioli was delicious and a seasonal dish and the chocolate/raspberry dessert melted in your mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunch...BelphaniorDined on 11/1/2014Met a friend for lunch. Quite a sophisticated lunch menu was provided. Our meals were tasty and quickly delivered. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Great place for datelovetoeatDined on 10/31/2014Great place to take a date... we had a table off to the side...so, it was very quiet. The food was good.. we especially liked their pork belly tacos!! I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodLriitanoDined on 10/26/2014The food was excellent and the bill came out to be less than expected. The server was very kind and because it was my girlfriends birthday they had a special message on top of the menu for her, a small gift, and a birthday candle on her dessert. Very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, excellent servicekf8harrisDined on 10/25/2014We had a lovely experience here. They have a great menu, and everything we tried was very tasty.Special Features:
- Will not be back.BHBHDined on 10/25/2014Pretty restaurant and pretty food. But tasteless food. Had to salt and pepper everything, but the salads. A shame. At that price tag, it should not be mandatory to have a salt/pepper shaker at very table.
- SolidMayolessDined on 10/25/2014Our party of three had a very solid lunchtime experience here recently. All dishes were well prepared and delicious. The only criticism, albeit very minor, was the kitchen's decision to top our brussels sprouts side order with bleu cheese. While it didn't make the dish objectionable at all, it did make it a little over the top since the brussels sprouts were already tossed with lots of bacon.Special Features:
- Nice but not worth the moneyCasualDinerDined on 10/23/2014The restaurant was pleasant and the food was okay but I thought very expensive for what we received. It was a little on the noisy side and the server seemed to be very rushed and a little absent minded. Perhaps they were short handed but I didn't feel he was particularly interested in us. I ordered a "small wedge salad" and it barely fit on the plate. Good but a nuisance to eat. For a main course I had the trout which was good but not exceptional, I also found it laden with butter which took away from the flavor of the food and sat heavily in the stomach. While the salads came out in a very reasonable time, we waited quite awhile for the main course to arrive. I will say my wife enjoyed it more than me.
- What is all the fuss about?RPRCVIPDined on 10/22/2014I found the atmosphere perfect for a Business lunch, and the service very attentive. The restaurant was quite noisy with tables fairly close together. This may be fun in another situation, but trying to concentrate on business communications was not easy. I had been told that the food at this restaurant was amazing. However, both my colleague and I felt that the food was "average". Maybe I would have felt differently if I had not had such a high expectation.Special Features:
- Bimmer69guyDined on 10/21/2014As always Tuskies was a great experience. Our daughter's birthday dinner was delightful.Special Features:
- Always good!TomNVIPDined on 10/20/2014While I usually go here for dinner 4 or 5 times per year, this time was for a business lunch. As always the food and service were very good. I really like it here and over at Magnolias in Purcellville. Very well run restaurants with quality people working at each.Special Features:
- A Special AnniversaryLizHVIPDined on 10/19/2014We have been going to this restaurant for over 10 years for our annual Christmas lunch, after we cut our Christmas Tree at a tree farm outside Leesburg. It has always been excellent. We have never made a reservation, so when we made our reservation for our 28th anniversary they didn't know we were yearly regulars. They made our anniversary very special. There were personalized menus, candles in our dessert, and complimentary glasses filled with candies and our personalized menus. We live in Bethesda so we aren't in Leesburg very often but Tuscarora Mill has won my business every time we are there.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014was excellent, great food, great service. We really had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Pumpkin ravioliJARDCDined on 10/18/2014We made Tuskie's our last stop for the evening, and even after a night of food and wine, the pumpkin ravioli made the entire visit worth it. The wine list is excellent and we settled on a 2012 Gigondas which was excellent. Our server was very nice and knowledgeable. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Fall BreakAuburnDadDined on 10/18/2014Daughter was in town on her fall break from Auburn University. Two of my sons, my daughter and I had dinner here to spend some time together and had a really enjoyable time. Food, service and atmosphere were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth one visitCountryClubTexanDined on 10/18/2014After all of the glowing reviews off Yelp, I decided to celebrate my husbands birthday here. Unfortunately the prices were higher than the food quality (or portions), the drink list was three times as long as the food (we don't drink) and we were seated next to a very loud drinking party that kept the entire restaurant on edge. Not the romantic dinner we had hoped for. Not the quality we hoped for. Not the selection we hoped for. Not the experience. But - it is still a 3-star place and worth a single visit. Clyde's still reigns for my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday brunch lunchFeedmeVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great selection of lunch brunch options. The Texas BBQ sandwich of pulled pork and sausage was unique and flavorful. The steamed mussels in white wine,capers, olives and tomatoes were delicious. My favorite was the eggs Benedict Italian style. A great twist on a classic. A great brunch after a Virginia wire tasting in nearby towns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DM21702Dined on 10/17/2014Good food, nice decour and solid service. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful, mostlyNotjustthefoodDined on 10/17/2014Your staff did a great job of making us feel special. The only negative (and why there are four stars) is the restaurant host and manager (guessing here, there were two) seemed unfriendly -- OK this is too harsh maybe 'uninterested' works better. The servers more than made up for this however. They were attentive but not intrusive. Well and professionally done. The food was, as usual, delicious. We are long time customers and, in spite of one negative observation, we will return and recommend.Special Features:
- Why did we wait so long to return?FantasticVIPDined on 10/16/2014It's been at least a year since last dining at Tuscarora Mill and it will be more like weeks next time! Such great service and the food remains awesome. Best filet I've had in a long time. Bacon corn chowder was fantastic. Just a great evening.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiance!Lovesfood23Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent menu! Service was impeccable. We celebrated our anniversary here and we're thrilled with the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal every time.GuydDined on 10/11/2014My only 'reservation' was that the Creme brûlée was too cold.Special Features:
- see commentsMartyDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DahliaVIPDined on 10/10/2014Have always loved this restaurant, but our last visit was a big disappointment. 3 out of 4 meals were overcooked and either bland or over salted. Recommended wine was awful! Very poor response from our server, finally complained to the manager who gave us two complimentary glasses of wine. But with so many good restaurants around, don't think I would rush back.
- Great Dinner!Swimmer1Dined on 10/10/2014Haven't been in a while...from the moment we walked in we had a great experience. Ambiance, menu, service, and food presentation could not have been better. Highly Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service, tasty food.GabeGDined on 10/10/2014Stellar service, top notch. And we received the quiet table in a corner of a small room, very pleasant for conversation and not feeling part of a large crowd. Great food, too many choices to try in one visit -- so we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.