Tuscany - Wheeling
550 S. Milwaukee Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscany - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscanychicago.com/
- Phone: 8474659988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bolla Loza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Phil Stefani Signature Events is a full service off-site catering department specializing in events of all types.
- Private Party Facilities: Tuscany - Wheeling can accommodate 18 to 100 guests in their private dining room. Saturday & Sunday, the whole dining room is available until 4:00pm.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Dyb 8889241748
- Entertainment: Live entertainment: Thursday - Saturday: 7:30pm - 11:30pm
- Special Events: Tuscany offers private dining rooms which are perfect for hosting your next event. Great for corporate parties, rehearsal dinners, receptions, bridal/baby showers, or birthdays. Contact Karen Taylor for more information at email@example.com
A word from Tuscany - Wheeling
The tradition of Tuscany lives on with the comfortable trattoria featuring mouth-watering Northern Italian specialties. The beauty of the restaurant is the perfect compliment to the enticing cuisine. Homemade pastas, gourmet pizzas baked in a wood-burning oven & tender veal grilled to perfection are just a few of the Tuscan favorites awaiting you. An incredible wine selection complimented by exceptional service creates the ultimate dining experience. Tuscany truly captures the warmth of North Shore dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tuscany - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Tuscany - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (34)great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (16)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Always a winnerMaddieDined on 10/18/2014I continue to frequent this restaurant as I am never disappointed, from a private party for 30 to a quiet dinner with a friend, service, food and ambience are always outstanding.Special Features:
- foodieover40VIPDined on 10/11/2014We had 8 for dinner and all enjoyed our food. We had a variety of entrees...shrimp and linguine, salmon, veal ravioli, eggplant parm, grouper....Service was friendly. Perfect choice for the adults after homecoming pics. The antipasto platter is supposed to be for 2 but it's large enough for at least 3, if not 4. Will go back!Special Features:
- Excellent foodTurtleDined on 10/11/2014Food was extremely good. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and quite the salesman. He loved to recommend items not on the menu, but which the chef would be happy to prepare. Dined on a Saturday night (not my favorite night) and the noise level was very high; had to shout to my dining companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 10/8/2014Convenient location, great food & service, good parking.Special Features:
- Food try outOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I were planning a party and thought we would go for lunch to try the food since we had never eaten at Tuscany before. Our lunch was excellent and decided to book our party then and there. With the help of Rose things just zipped along. She explained all our options,etc.Special Features:
- JimboDined on 9/30/2014We had a wonderful experience at Tuscany. The waiter was very attentive, the food was excellent and the evening's experience could not have been better.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerfrankVIPDined on 9/27/2014The meal was very good, the service fine and they provided two birthday deserts for the two members of the party that were celebrating birthdays. Overall, they did a very nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all locations are the samediingdanVIPDined on 9/24/2014without a doubt the worse service and food we have ever had. Waiter continued to forget items we requested, including, bread, wine and coffee. Food was not fresh. Very disappointing as we have had very good meals at the Taylor street location.
- Great evening with family!NerpachkaDined on 9/22/2014Everything was olutstanding from our server Danny to the great food and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roasted garlic bread diptjschlenDined on 9/21/2014We loved the fresh roasted garlic dip with the bread and the fried calamari melts in your mouth. The Filet mignon was also cooked perfectly! On Sundays they give you a free pasta entree with each entree ordered for you to take home - great deal! Nice bar, too.Special Features:
- Comfortable with good foodMusic2MyEarsDined on 9/19/2014Tuscany offers a vibrant but comfortable atmosphere. The food is very good and the service is great. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The live jazz on Friday nights adds a nice touch. A great choice for an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:
- great diningwayneVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have dined at Tuscany many times over the past few years and find the service excellent, the food is always very good and we like the ambiance. We highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or for date night. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Not a good day for usRitaDined on 9/12/2014Have been to Tuscany on Taylor and Tuscany in Wheeling a few times. There was only one waiter on this particular Friday, and he just couldn't keep up. We had to wait for our second drink as we saw him scurrying around the room. Apparently he had too many tables. The pork chop special was ok for the price. I had salmon and it was just ok. Our friend had a great pasta dish and was pleased. She loves cheesecake everywhere she goes, but this one, was like a cheesecake from Eli's. So, all in all, not a great time.
- BobbieDined on 9/7/2014Six of us dined at Tuscany on Sunday evening. We were all delighted with our entrees, which were veal, salmon, another kind of fish and pasta. We plan on returning for another wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time but,,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014We live close and usually go several times a year. It seems the portions are smaller than they used to be. We were 2 couples and noticed it. Also the live entertainment was a guy with his own Karaoke machine. He was ok but that's about it. However the food tasted great and as usuall the best Taramisu around.Special Features:
- Nice find in the NW burbsREBGILVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had a Saturday night dinner at Tuscany. We set in the bar and had appetizer and fish dinner whiich was complimented by great Italian chianti wine. Service was disconnected between two servers working together but we did not mind as we were enjoying the scene. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DA10VIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have been dining here for years and we have always loved it. However, after this experience we will not return. My wife asked for a Cabernet Sauv recommendation from the waiter- he referenced a white wine (not cab sauv). Then we proceeded with a salad to share. The waiter simply dropped off the salad and left without serving us which has always been a staple at Tuscany where the waiters serve you. We began to wait for our food. After 50 minutes, enough was enough. We talked to the manager and expressed our concern. He was not very apologetic and offered no support to us. We walked out of the restaurant before the food came. We have never done this at a restaurant but we were appalled at the extremely poor customer service.Special Features:
- social1VIPDined on 8/27/2014Food, service, parking all good. Wednesday 1/2 price is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeDateniteduoDined on 8/22/2014We returned to Tuscany for a night out with a group of friends and everyone was pleased. We had a vegetarian amongst us, and there was plenty on the menu to make her happy too. The burrata appetizer was to die for! We all ordered differently-pastas, meats, fish, risotto...all entrees were done perfectly. Service was spot on. Hung out at the bar after dinner and had a great time. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phil needs to pay a visit.SaraVIPDined on 8/19/2014Definitely neglected by ownership. Food was not good and over priced for what you get.
- Good Italian, butKLPDDined on 8/15/2014My concern was the consistency of service. Tea glassses were left unfilled for the first part of the meal, but picked up later. The wait staff was very limited and couldn't keep up. Ambiance was good, big the Italian competition is stronger in service and even food for price point. I felt that the value was not strong enough at the price point that night. The night bite deal look for the bar looks tempting.Special Features:
- Classy but priceytheatergoerDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the meal and had great service. Food was good but not great for the price.Special Features:
- Great date nightLeeloDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I chose Tuscany for our date night. We sat outside and enjoyed our appetizer dinner, dessert and a great glass of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014some of food did not meet desires but manager rectified. service on slow side but friendlyI would recommend this to a friend.
- candleDined on 7/27/2014The food was good, but our service was not. Our waiter made a number of mistakes with our order. He apologized, but it meant that one dish had to be sent back while the rest of us had our food. We've been here a number of times when we've received good service. So, we'll probably give it another try.
- Birthday CelebrationDebbVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful meal with 8 people celebrating a birthday. The live music was also a nice added touch to the night.Special Features:
- Girls holiday party in JulyGirlsVIPDined on 7/23/2014Had a wonderful experience the other night. Great friends re-uniting, very good service along with super food. We did not have ( 9 of us ) a single complaint. Food was very good , nice portions, pleasant waitress. Nothing was returned to the kitchen. Orders all came out as ordered.Special Features:
- LindaDined on 7/23/2014My friend and I shared the Papardelle with sun dried tomatoes as an appetizer. It was just OK ... very rich ... we each ate 1/2 of our half. As a special request, I had put that we were celebrating a birthday ... it was not done and I didn't want to say anything, but I should have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningbluchipVIPDined on 7/21/2014Good food and good service. Beautiful outdoor patioSpecial Features:
- Great Night with Great MusicDFWJGVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service was great and so was the food. Service was perfect.Special Features:
- Grande ItalianoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Always great food! They made us chicken & peppers that wasn't on the menu. Big enough to share. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceHerbVIPDined on 7/16/2014Food was wonderful and the wait staff were great. Nice warm and friendly feeling.Special Features:
- REBGILREBGILVIPDined on 7/15/2014It was a birthday dinner for my wife. She and I started with martinis served up cold. A nice touch is the 1/2 price bites where great appetizers are beautifully served. For our main course we had sea bass and roasted potatoes with a side of penna pasta with marinara sauce. A great meal in a great venue, moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscany-Wheelinglovegarlicandparm04Dined on 7/12/2014The food was delicious. I especially loved the crushed garlic mixed with the olive oil served with the bread. Wonderful! Waiter was attentive. Our dinner was great! When I made the reservation, I told them it was my husband's birthday but I had to remind them of this fact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough nightfriendVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our waiter was slow to take our order. The order was slow to come out of the kitchen. Then 2 of the 4 orders were wrong. But the manager did offer us free desserts, which we declined, and ended up taking money off our bill. I have eaten here before and enjoyed it. I would still go back.
- Love this restaurantJulieDined on 7/12/2014Food is always superb as is the service. Our waiter suggested a different fish than I ordered, and was very happy with his recommendation.Special Features:
- Delicious and delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014Always happy to return to Tuscany. The food is wonderful, but the service matches it point for point. We come here for special occasions, and always go away thinking we'll be back soon. And we will.Special Features:
- SaturdayNightDinerSaturdayNightDinerDined on 6/28/2014The food was very good. Tables are crammed too close together for any ambience. Our service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...DinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014My friends and I scheduled dinner because the location was central and we had been there in the past with good service and food.Unfortunately, the menu is different now and totally lacks creativity, quality and value. It's hard to believe you can mess up a seafood pasta dish and have it on the "special" menu. The wine selection was disappointing too. Fortunately the atmosphere is still nice but they can do much better.
- The following 754 reviews are from the Tuscany - Wheeling reviews archive.
- Gr8 ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Our waiter, Edwin, was outstanding. Prompt, attentive, friendly. Menu was needlessly elaborate. Food was very good but not exceptional; typical Italian fare for chain restaurant with special touches like garlic butter and assorted breads. Large portions, Good wine list. Nice place for families and groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.