Tuscany - Wheeling
550 S. Milwaukee Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscany - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscanychicago.com/
- Phone: 8474659988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bolla Loza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Phil Stefani Signature Events is a full service off-site catering department specializing in events of all types.
- Private Party Facilities: Tuscany - Wheeling can accommodate 18 to 100 guests in their private dining room. Saturday & Sunday, the whole dining room is available until 4:00pm.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Dyb 8889241748
- Entertainment: Live entertainment: Thursday - Saturday: 7:30pm - 11:30pm
- Special Events: Tuscany offers private dining rooms which are perfect for hosting your next event. Great for corporate parties, rehearsal dinners, receptions, bridal/baby showers, or birthdays. Contact Karen Taylor for more information at email@example.com
A word from Tuscany - Wheeling
The tradition of Tuscany lives on with the comfortable trattoria featuring mouth-watering Northern Italian specialties. The beauty of the restaurant is the perfect compliment to the enticing cuisine. Homemade pastas, gourmet pizzas baked in a wood-burning oven & tender veal grilled to perfection are just a few of the Tuscan favorites awaiting you. An incredible wine selection complimented by exceptional service creates the ultimate dining experience. Tuscany truly captures the warmth of North Shore dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuscany - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (37)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (20)romantic (15)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (4)Show More
- Nice find in the NW burbsREBGILVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had a Saturday night dinner at Tuscany. We set in the bar and had appetizer and fish dinner whiich was complimented by great Italian chianti wine. Service was disconnected between two servers working together but we did not mind as we were enjoying the scene. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 8/27/2014Food, service, parking all good. Wednesday 1/2 price is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phil needs to pay a visit.SaraVIPDined on 8/19/2014Definitely neglected by ownership. Food was not good and over priced for what you get.
- Good Italian, butKLPDDined on 8/15/2014My concern was the consistency of service. Tea glassses were left unfilled for the first part of the meal, but picked up later. The wait staff was very limited and couldn't keep up. Ambiance was good, big the Italian competition is stronger in service and even food for price point. I felt that the value was not strong enough at the price point that night. The night bite deal look for the bar looks tempting.Special Features:
- Classy but priceytheatergoerDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the meal and had great service. Food was good but not great for the price.Special Features:
- Great date nightLeeloDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I chose Tuscany for our date night. We sat outside and enjoyed our appetizer dinner, dessert and a great glass of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014some of food did not meet desires but manager rectified. service on slow side but friendlyI would recommend this to a friend.
- candleDined on 7/27/2014The food was good, but our service was not. Our waiter made a number of mistakes with our order. He apologized, but it meant that one dish had to be sent back while the rest of us had our food. We've been here a number of times when we've received good service. So, we'll probably give it another try.
- Birthday CelebrationDebbVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful meal with 8 people celebrating a birthday. The live music was also a nice added touch to the night.Special Features:
- Girls holiday party in JulyGirlsVIPDined on 7/23/2014Had a wonderful experience the other night. Great friends re-uniting, very good service along with super food. We did not have ( 9 of us ) a single complaint. Food was very good , nice portions, pleasant waitress. Nothing was returned to the kitchen. Orders all came out as ordered.Special Features:
- LindaDined on 7/23/2014My friend and I shared the Papardelle with sun dried tomatoes as an appetizer. It was just OK ... very rich ... we each ate 1/2 of our half. As a special request, I had put that we were celebrating a birthday ... it was not done and I didn't want to say anything, but I should have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningbluchipVIPDined on 7/21/2014Good food and good service. Beautiful outdoor patioSpecial Features:
- Great Night with Great MusicDFWJGVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service was great and so was the food. Service was perfect.Special Features:
- Grande ItalianoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Always great food! They made us chicken & peppers that wasn't on the menu. Big enough to share. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceHerbDined on 7/16/2014Food was wonderful and the wait staff were great. Nice warm and friendly feeling.Special Features:
- REBGILREBGILVIPDined on 7/15/2014It was a birthday dinner for my wife. She and I started with martinis served up cold. A nice touch is the 1/2 price bites where great appetizers are beautifully served. For our main course we had sea bass and roasted potatoes with a side of penna pasta with marinara sauce. A great meal in a great venue, moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscany-Wheelinglovegarlicandparm04Dined on 7/12/2014The food was delicious. I especially loved the crushed garlic mixed with the olive oil served with the bread. Wonderful! Waiter was attentive. Our dinner was great! When I made the reservation, I told them it was my husband's birthday but I had to remind them of this fact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough nightfriendVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our waiter was slow to take our order. The order was slow to come out of the kitchen. Then 2 of the 4 orders were wrong. But the manager did offer us free desserts, which we declined, and ended up taking money off our bill. I have eaten here before and enjoyed it. I would still go back.
- Love this restaurantJulieDined on 7/12/2014Food is always superb as is the service. Our waiter suggested a different fish than I ordered, and was very happy with his recommendation.Special Features:
- Delicious and delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014Always happy to return to Tuscany. The food is wonderful, but the service matches it point for point. We come here for special occasions, and always go away thinking we'll be back soon. And we will.Special Features:
- SaturdayNightDinerSaturdayNightDinerDined on 6/28/2014The food was very good. Tables are crammed too close together for any ambience. Our service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...DinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014My friends and I scheduled dinner because the location was central and we had been there in the past with good service and food.Unfortunately, the menu is different now and totally lacks creativity, quality and value. It's hard to believe you can mess up a seafood pasta dish and have it on the "special" menu. The wine selection was disappointing too. Fortunately the atmosphere is still nice but they can do much better.
- Gr8 ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Our waiter, Edwin, was outstanding. Prompt, attentive, friendly. Menu was needlessly elaborate. Food was very good but not exceptional; typical Italian fare for chain restaurant with special touches like garlic butter and assorted breads. Large portions, Good wine list. Nice place for families and groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High StandardsSirDineALotVIPDined on 6/21/2014always excellent dining; server was charming and knowledgeable (being both native Italian and a seasoned server added to the experience); freshly pressed garlic cloves to go with the bread is a signature feature and always welcome; the food is uniformly and consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Great for groupsBookclub2goDined on 6/20/2014Our book club meet for lunch. We had a private room, great food, great service from the staff. The food was very flavorful with great plate presentation. The music was lovely and the room had lots of windows and natural light. Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the driveskinnylynVIPDined on 6/19/2014Limited menu for and Italian restaurant. Not worth the 10 mile drive from Lake Forest.
- Bone in veal parmigianaSgb1Dined on 6/17/2014It is not on the menu, but the restaurant offers a huge bone in veal parmigiana that is THE BEST. It is really to be shared by two diners, and at $38 is fairly priced.Special Features:
- Good foodGoodtimeDined on 6/14/2014Calamari was great. Pizza excellent. Eggplant parmasean was not the best.Special Features:
- NoisyNorthbrookneighborDined on 6/14/2014The noise level was extreme and made conversation very difficult, finding myself and guests from California having to almost shout in order to be heard. Both Food and Service were very good, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Always Been OKArlyVIPDined on 6/7/2014We don't love Tuscany. Too many foods have too many items on them. This isn't a place to go to get something "plain". The food is good, but nothing special. The slices of mozzarella on the tomato mozzarella salad were TOO BIG! Our server, Eitan, was terrific.
- Very nice RestaruanttvlcoDined on 6/7/2014Excellent service and delicious food. Would recommend to anyone. Lovely surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 6/2/2014Excellent food, service, location, parking. A very enjoyable experience. We'll be back.Special Features:
- JackJackVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great food,great service. Music usually after 7:00 is a great addition to dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 5/17/2014Our party was well received when we entered the restaurant. Sat at the bar for 40 minutes with friends just before dinner and listened to some good background music on a Sat. night. They offered a choice of tables when it was time to be seated. We had an excellent waitress even though she was still fairly new. She was so pleasant that we did not mind her having to find some answers to our questions. She always was timely and attentive. We all had excellent meals from a wide range of choices.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT AS ALWAYSLOVETOEATOUTVIPDined on 5/14/2014THANKS EDWIN FOR GREAT SERVICE AGAIN..EVEN THOUGH IT WAS DISCOUNT NIGHT FOR THOSE ARRIVE EARLY..EVERYBODY WAS TREATED WELL..DELICIOUS BREAD,GARLIC SPREAD..AND VEAL PARM TO DIE FOR...OOPS..ALTHOUGH THAT IS A FAVORITE..THE BEST LASAGNA IN THE WORLD..WAS GONE AT 7:00, WHEN WE ARRIVED...NEW HEAD MANAGER IS GREAT..AND OTHER NICE GENTLEMAN WHO IS THERE IS KIND..GREAT HOSTESS TOO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried againFoodieVIPDined on 5/13/2014We had been here a long time ago and decided to try again. The waiter never seemed to hear what we were asking for and we had to repeat and request again several times. TThe order was mixed up but he tried hard. The food was decent, but a bit pricey. The kids menu was great and portions large enough for 2 kids to share. It seems to be a great place for bigger groups. Nice size portions. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterH82BHngryDined on 5/11/2014Management appeared to be holding back on supplies of crab legs and shrimp. Fortunately our waitress was looking out for us and delivered some crab legs when they were reapplied. Good quality was very good, but probably did not justify the price tag.
- Wonderful Mother's Day BrunchLizaDined on 5/11/2014I recommend Tuscany - Wheeling for their special buffet brunch. The food was very good and the buffett was well attended to. The service was excellent. Although I feel Mother's Day brunches are over priced in general, Tuscany's price was a bit more reasonable compared to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food was good, but nothing special. Pricey! Went for a birthday celebration, 4 people, each having one glass of wine, 2 salads, 3 entrees, dessert and coffee, for a total of over $200.Special Features:
- great service, good foodChicagonativeDined on 5/7/2014Overall, food was good, but the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 735 reviews are from the Tuscany - Wheeling reviews archive.