Tuscany - Wheeling
550 S. Milwaukee Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscany - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscanychicago.com/
- Phone: (847) 465-9988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bolla Loza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Phil Stefani Signature Events is a full service off-site catering department specializing in events of all types.
- Private Party Facilities: Tuscany - Wheeling can accommodate 18 to 100 guests in their private dining room. Saturday & Sunday, the whole dining room is available until 4:00pm.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Dyb 8889241748
- Entertainment: Live entertainment: Thursday - Saturday: 7:30pm - 11:30pm
- Special Events: Tuscany offers private dining rooms which are perfect for hosting your next event. Great for corporate parties, rehearsal dinners, receptions, bridal/baby showers, or birthdays. Contact Karen Taylor for more information at email@example.com
A word from Tuscany - Wheeling
The tradition of Tuscany lives on with the comfortable trattoria featuring mouth-watering Northern Italian specialties. The beauty of the restaurant is the perfect compliment to the enticing cuisine. Homemade pastas, gourmet pizzas baked in a wood-burning oven & tender veal grilled to perfection are just a few of the Tuscan favorites awaiting you. An incredible wine selection complimented by exceptional service creates the ultimate dining experience. Tuscany truly captures the warmth of North Shore dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tuscany - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Tuscany - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (47)good for groups (45)romantic (23)kid-friendly (18)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014We've been going to Tuscany for years - to all their locations. I've never been disappointed. We always get an order of the pear ravioli to share and it is always excellent. It's unique to this restaurant and we love it. I usually order some kind of fish and I've always liked everything I've ordered. We will continue to come to Tuscany for many more years! The service is always excellent as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieover40VIPDined on 11/15/2014This is the 2nd time we have been to Tuscany in the past month and we enjoyed our visit both times. The calamari was very tender and the eggplant parm melted in your mouth; just the way I like it. The service was excellent. Beware, if you order the veal parm it's made with a veal chop and it is huge but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their Pear Ravioli, delicious.TallentDined on 11/14/2014Thank you for the great service and delicious food. Chocolate fruits cake is great finding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDiningDivaDined on 11/14/2014I took my friend here for her birthday and we had a lovely time. Excellent food, good choice of wines by the glass, and friendly service. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family dinnerbluetoniDined on 11/9/2014They had my reservation and table waiting. Our waiter Danny was very awesome, he was friendly and recommended some great entrees. Will be back for dinner very soonSpecial Features:
- great authentic menutmarzVIPDined on 11/8/2014Wife and i had a awesome meal the veal was cooked to perfection and the lobster pasta just amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GooooooodPinkyVIPDined on 11/7/2014We all enjoyed dinning here, the food is always delicious . The service is great and very attentive. We enjoyed the wine also. We celebrated a birthday and they gave us a beautiful dessert, which we all enjoyed. Definitly will return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014Brought a work group here last year and it was fabulous. Great food and reasonably priced. Excellent staff and very accommodating. They also have very nice private rooms for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodA4AppetizingDined on 11/1/2014The food was very good. It always is. This is one of my husband's favorite places, primarily because of the veal chop (not on the menu) and the eggplant park. We continually go back because of the authentic feel of the dining experience...Special Features:
- Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Waiter got a little short with me because I really did not like the wine I ordered and wanted to send it back. He came back and said "I tasted, it was moscato". I never send things back in restaurants, even if I don't like a meal, and he would not know that, but he made a face at me and made me feel bad about doing this. He rushed us through ordering and when bringing dinner, did not put plates on the table but handed to us. I would have thought the service might have been better given that this is a Phil Stefani restaurant.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood ItalianCherylVIPDined on 10/31/2014Maybe Halloween kept others at home but 4 of us enjoyed a terrific meal at Tuscany. The Dover sole is highly recommended if it's on the special, as was oysters Rockefeller. Drinks were strong and delist and our waiter Papa from Rome added an extra charm. Wonderful meal out.Special Features:
- Very overbearing serviceDovidGamliVIPDined on 10/30/2014I have been to this restaurant before and remembered the food being good, but our experience with this restaurant on the last visit was very disturbing and my companion told me that to be sure and remind her not to come to this restaurant again. I wish that I could review the food on this visit more thoroughly (and what we did order was very good), but the waitstaff on duty that evening were hovering so completely and were providing so much uninvited service that it was very difficult to enjoy the time at the restaurant. Almost constant visits by the waiter became extremely annoying before the evening was through and I and my companion ended up ordering and eating very little as a result.Special Features:
- Excellent but noisychereve50VIPDined on 10/29/2014I had the tilapia with mashed potatoes. It was delicious. For some reason there was half off before 6pm so we had order in at 5:45 and saved 32.00. Only downside is it is very noisy and hard to hear your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made special our 34th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Everything was wonderful. Our host noticed my Open Table comments requesting a special table and he did just that. Our server Danny was terrific. The food was awesome. The entire evening was fantastic. Thank you pipeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerMaddieDined on 10/18/2014I continue to frequent this restaurant as I am never disappointed, from a private party for 30 to a quiet dinner with a friend, service, food and ambience are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Great for our groupBookclub2goDined on 10/17/2014Great restaurant for our group of friends to meet and discuss our book club selection. Excellent food and excellent service. very friendly staff, very good service and very personable. They treat us like family. We meet at Tuscany every month. They accommodate our group of 10 people in a private room at no extra charge if their room is available. Highly recommend their specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieover40VIPDined on 10/11/2014We had 8 for dinner and all enjoyed our food. We had a variety of entrees...shrimp and linguine, salmon, veal ravioli, eggplant parm, grouper....Service was friendly. Perfect choice for the adults after homecoming pics. The antipasto platter is supposed to be for 2 but it's large enough for at least 3, if not 4. Will go back!Special Features:
- Excellent foodTurtleDined on 10/11/2014Food was extremely good. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and quite the salesman. He loved to recommend items not on the menu, but which the chef would be happy to prepare. Dined on a Saturday night (not my favorite night) and the noise level was very high; had to shout to my dining companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 10/8/2014Convenient location, great food & service, good parking.Special Features:
- Food try outOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I were planning a party and thought we would go for lunch to try the food since we had never eaten at Tuscany before. Our lunch was excellent and decided to book our party then and there. With the help of Rose things just zipped along. She explained all our options,etc.Special Features:
- JimboDined on 9/30/2014We had a wonderful experience at Tuscany. The waiter was very attentive, the food was excellent and the evening's experience could not have been better.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerfrankVIPDined on 9/27/2014The meal was very good, the service fine and they provided two birthday deserts for the two members of the party that were celebrating birthdays. Overall, they did a very nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all locations are the samediingdanVIPDined on 9/24/2014without a doubt the worse service and food we have ever had. Waiter continued to forget items we requested, including, bread, wine and coffee. Food was not fresh. Very disappointing as we have had very good meals at the Taylor street location.
- Great evening with family!NerpachkaDined on 9/22/2014Everything was olutstanding from our server Danny to the great food and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roasted garlic bread diptjschlenDined on 9/21/2014We loved the fresh roasted garlic dip with the bread and the fried calamari melts in your mouth. The Filet mignon was also cooked perfectly! On Sundays they give you a free pasta entree with each entree ordered for you to take home - great deal! Nice bar, too.Special Features:
- Comfortable with good foodMusic2MyEarsDined on 9/19/2014Tuscany offers a vibrant but comfortable atmosphere. The food is very good and the service is great. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The live jazz on Friday nights adds a nice touch. A great choice for an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:
- great diningwayneVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have dined at Tuscany many times over the past few years and find the service excellent, the food is always very good and we like the ambiance. We highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or for date night. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Not a good day for usRitaDined on 9/12/2014Have been to Tuscany on Taylor and Tuscany in Wheeling a few times. There was only one waiter on this particular Friday, and he just couldn't keep up. We had to wait for our second drink as we saw him scurrying around the room. Apparently he had too many tables. The pork chop special was ok for the price. I had salmon and it was just ok. Our friend had a great pasta dish and was pleased. She loves cheesecake everywhere she goes, but this one, was like a cheesecake from Eli's. So, all in all, not a great time.
- BobbieDined on 9/7/2014Six of us dined at Tuscany on Sunday evening. We were all delighted with our entrees, which were veal, salmon, another kind of fish and pasta. We plan on returning for another wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time but,,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014We live close and usually go several times a year. It seems the portions are smaller than they used to be. We were 2 couples and noticed it. Also the live entertainment was a guy with his own Karaoke machine. He was ok but that's about it. However the food tasted great and as usuall the best Taramisu around.Special Features:
- Nice find in the NW burbsREBGILVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had a Saturday night dinner at Tuscany. We set in the bar and had appetizer and fish dinner whiich was complimented by great Italian chianti wine. Service was disconnected between two servers working together but we did not mind as we were enjoying the scene. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DA10VIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have been dining here for years and we have always loved it. However, after this experience we will not return. My wife asked for a Cabernet Sauv recommendation from the waiter- he referenced a white wine (not cab sauv). Then we proceeded with a salad to share. The waiter simply dropped off the salad and left without serving us which has always been a staple at Tuscany where the waiters serve you. We began to wait for our food. After 50 minutes, enough was enough. We talked to the manager and expressed our concern. He was not very apologetic and offered no support to us. We walked out of the restaurant before the food came. We have never done this at a restaurant but we were appalled at the extremely poor customer service.Special Features:
- social1VIPDined on 8/27/2014Food, service, parking all good. Wednesday 1/2 price is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeDateniteduoDined on 8/22/2014We returned to Tuscany for a night out with a group of friends and everyone was pleased. We had a vegetarian amongst us, and there was plenty on the menu to make her happy too. The burrata appetizer was to die for! We all ordered differently-pastas, meats, fish, risotto...all entrees were done perfectly. Service was spot on. Hung out at the bar after dinner and had a great time. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phil needs to pay a visit.SaraVIPDined on 8/19/2014Definitely neglected by ownership. Food was not good and over priced for what you get.
- Good Italian, butKLPDDined on 8/15/2014My concern was the consistency of service. Tea glassses were left unfilled for the first part of the meal, but picked up later. The wait staff was very limited and couldn't keep up. Ambiance was good, big the Italian competition is stronger in service and even food for price point. I felt that the value was not strong enough at the price point that night. The night bite deal look for the bar looks tempting.Special Features:
- Classy but priceytheatergoerDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the meal and had great service. Food was good but not great for the price.Special Features:
- Great date nightLeeloDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I chose Tuscany for our date night. We sat outside and enjoyed our appetizer dinner, dessert and a great glass of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014some of food did not meet desires but manager rectified. service on slow side but friendlyI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 769 reviews are from the Tuscany - Wheeling reviews archive.
- candleDined on 7/27/2014The food was good, but our service was not. Our waiter made a number of mistakes with our order. He apologized, but it meant that one dish had to be sent back while the rest of us had our food. We've been here a number of times when we've received good service. So, we'll probably give it another try.