Tuscany Ristorante Italiano
12638 Jefferson Ave
Newport News, VA 23602Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscany Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 7579890731x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch M-F 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner M-Th 4-9
sun 12 - 9
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Aldo Bertuglia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering for family and large groups is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Party for up to 60 people are available for any occasions. We can arrange decorations for the private room and create a special menu that suites you and your family.
- Private Party Contact: Aldo Bertuglia 7579890731x
- Entertainment: Life music with David LaRocco. Featuring the sounds of Dean Martin, Farnk Sinatra and Tony Bennette.
- Special Events: Are you planning a birthday party, baby shower, bridal shower, rehersal dinner, or just get together with friends and family? You found the place to go! Private rooms up to 35 and 70 people are to your needs. We will be happy to create a menu for your specifications.
A word from Tuscany Ristorante Italiano
Tuscany specializes on authentic Italian cuisine. With the large selection of pastas, entree dishes and a variety of wines everyone can feel atmosphere of real Italy. Our friendly stuff will make your dinning experience memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tuscany Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Newport News ›
Tuscany Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)romantic (4)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Awesome MealJkb1Dined on 8/3/2014I randomly picked this restaurant because it had a reservation available and was Italian so I knew my kids would find something. The portions were gigantic. The food was excellent. We got stuck in traffic and the held our reservation which was awesome because we were all starving by the time we arrived. The price was good for the portions and the value. It is more bustling and busy as opposed to quiet and romantic. But, the quality of the food was better than any fancy "little Italy" restaurant I have ever dinned in. We will definitely come here again the next time we are visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodNSwmsbgVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is a great local spot for wonderful Italian food. Not only is the food great but they have a wonderful wine list and have the most delicious desserts. And it is very worthwhile to consider their daily specials. We have never been disappointed dining here, they have spot on service, food, drinks and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- A Little Taste of ItalyFishLoverDined on 6/30/2014Great food and wonderful, attentive service. You can't go wrong selecting Tuscany for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscan Paella, A Great MemoryMayoplanVIPDined on 6/12/2014I eat out a lot and most meals I forget. I'm happy to say that the Tuscan Paella special at Tuscany is a meal I won't forget. My wife, who's from Spain, makes the greatest Paella and no restaurant has ever matched it. BUT, the flavors of my meal at Tuscany has the distinction of being the 2nd best dish of this type of, which isn't a bad position to be in. The Italian flare and flavors made this one very distinctive. A combination of Italian sausage, chicken and Seafood with risotto along with the spices will make you go out of your mind.Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Tuscany Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- Great food, excellent serviceBardLoverDined on 5/7/2014I enjoyed my experience at Tuscany very much! The chef was willing to take components from two menu dishes to create something unique for me. Lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationsisterDined on 4/12/2014Party of 5 for birthday and was allowed to bring cake. Waitress brought plates and forkes. Really enjoyed myself. Good food Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGinaSVIPDined on 4/11/2014This was our third dinner at Tuscany, all have been mediocre to poor, this was by far the worst. Our wine was warm, borderline hot, like it was sitting in the kitchen. I was served wine in a glass with a big chip in the bottom. The salad had about an inch of water in the bottom of the bowl with little to no dressing. The rolls were touch and chewy, clearly reheated. Just awful. We're not going back.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We have been to Tuscany several times. Our service this night was really great and the waitress was fantastic. The portion of food is more than enough. My Lasagna lasted me for lunch the next two days. Always a great place to eat.Special Features:
- DelightfulinaleeDined on 3/14/2014We chose Tuscanys on our way to the Symphony. We had been there for lunch, but not for dinner. The family size bowl of salad and the fantastic rolls would make the trip worthwhile. But add veal marsala and you have a dish that made me want to "lick the plate' clean. It was truly the finest veal dish I've had - and there are two more variations to try in future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic KnotsnayinvaDined on 3/12/2014I come just for the Garlic Knots and the house dressing. Both are amazing! I have seen reviews of this place, quite a few bad reviews however this makes my 2nd time here and both times were wonderful. My service was on point, my waiter attended to my every need, even suggesting dressings and let me sample them. Food was paced at a great speed, salad was fresh, and my cup was never empty. My opentable reservation was not completed (some hang up) but I sent my bill into opentable and the credited my account. I will return and eat her again very soon! BETTER THAN OLIVE GARDEN!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for the soul Italian foodmoosehooDined on 2/28/2014If you have a yearning for an Italian meal, a step above Olive Garden, but certainly appealing to the masses, then feel safe in heading to Tuscany. The salad is cold and fresh, the garlic knots are worth a visit by themselves, the four main courses served at our table all were appreciated by their consumers! The only complaint is that the size of the servings are gigantic?! We will definitely return! (and from prior visits at lunchtime - those meals are also huge, in size as well as value)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "Go-To" Italian RestaurantTravelingManDined on 1/10/2014This is where we go when the cravings are set to northern Italy. I recommend opting for getting the grilled vegetables in place of pasta for a side dish (a few dollars extra). Extremely delicious. One major drawback is that they don't really do OpenTable reservations. We made one online and mentioned that when we checked in. The hostess said, "Oh an online reservation? You should just call in the future." She never checked a computer system (it's in the back of the restaurant) and we probably won't get credit for this reservation. Fortunately we got there early enough to get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- communicationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013It appears that the restaurant no longer takes Open Table Reservations We got a table by chance. They did not have a good answer for the lack of communication too bad Maybe Open Table reps need to contact Tuscany frustrating for customer could have been major problem it was New Years Eve!!!Special Features:
- Been there several times andKylieDined on 12/29/2013Been there several times and each experience is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother booking thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/16/2013Don't bother booking this restarant through Open Table - I used the website to book, but they didn't actually reserve a table for me. There isn't any way to know your reservation was actually taken and a table held.I would recommend this to a friend.
- High marks overallEatwellDined on 12/15/2013Although they did not have our opentable reservation, the food made up for it! The special pork was divine. All sauces were better than average. Dishes well prepared! I'll go again and take others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for genuine Italian foodNSwmsbgVIPDined on 12/14/2013This is one of our favorite places for Italian cuisine and you cannot go wrong with any of the dishes that are prepared here. They have a very good wine list to complement anything one might order. The service is always spot on; courteous, friendly and efficient. Previously when we have dined here, we had made reservations on Open Table and never had a problem when checking in. But on this particular occasion, we thought there might be a glitch because when we checked in with the hostess, Lizzie, we were told that the restaurant does not take online reservations. But fortunately, we were able to get a table, on a night when there was a full house, and our server was able to rectify the situation and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningCarolDined on 12/14/2013We met our friends for dinner...they are vegetarians and had no trouble finding delicious items on the menu. We started with the Mellenzane Rollatine - Eggplant stuffed with lots of cheese which was wonderful. Dinner came with salad and yummy garlic knots which were plentiful. I got the Saltimbocca Alla Romana - Medallions of veal with parma prosciutto, baby spinach ,& fresh mozzarella cheese in brandy wine sauce which was a little salty for my taste and I have had better. Husband and son loved their dinners - they had Fettucine Asiago and Trietto Carbonara. For dessert we shared a special homemade chocolate mint gelatto - OMG! It was to die for! Dinner was delicious, the service was very good, we weren't rushed and we all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Work DinnerTKChambaDined on 11/8/2013Took the ladies from our office out with their spouses and had a wonderful dinner. The food was excellent and the service was good. Quality for price was perfect. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2013We were four girlfriends and it was my time to choose; everyone was very happy - wine and food and ambience - all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time thereLarryDined on 10/24/2013Tuscany had been recommended by a friend. we were not disappointed. It was my wife's birthday and she just wanted Osso Bucco. I had rack of lamb. Both were served with and outstanding rissoto. This was one of the best lambs I have ever tasted, and my wife raved about the Osso Bucco. They gave her a wonderful cannolli for her birthday (which is her favorite dessert (she was expecting some generic cake). The service was prompt and courteous, the atmoshere typical of a small neighborhood restaurant, and the overall impression was very favorable. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!glitterwsVIPDined on 10/5/2013I've been here several times for lunch as well as dinner. The food is always delicious and you get a lot of it! Everyone is always friendly and we haven't had a bad experience here.Special Features:
- Ahh-Salute'CheersDined on 10/3/2013The food was very tasty, and service excellent. Very friendly and helpful in knowledge of menu. Relaxed atmosphere, and never rushed or bothered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!!!!YumYumYumDined on 9/7/2013Every time me and my wife go their to eat the food and service is always outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RudeMudderDined on 7/20/2013Never go back the manager was Rude loud and arguementive acting very unprofessional actually said she didn't care about loosing 4 customers ...managers can make or break a business she is off to a grand start.
- Good PaniniMayoplanVIPDined on 7/17/2013Tuscany is a good place for a casual lunch, but too close quarters for a business lunch. The food is good. I had the Italian Panini with homemade chips. I'm not a potato chips person, but I couldn't get enough of the house made chips. The service was good and the prices reasonable. Lunch for 2 was less than $30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian cooking around!NSwmsbgVIPDined on 7/3/2013We are never disappointed when we go to Tuscany. The daily specials are always delicious to try and the regular menu has many great choices for those who want steak, seafood or vegetarian alternatives. The wine list is very good and very reasonably priced. And you'll have to try their desserts, they are delicious, though we often end up ordering them to go.Special Features:
- The restaurant has a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012The restaurant has a nice cozy atmosphere with a local restaurant appeal. I drove over 30 miles to eat at Tuscany and it was well worth the drive. Their eggplant Mellanzane Ripiene keeps me coming back.Special Features:
- True gem. I was looking forDJB73VIPDined on 10/17/2012True gem. I was looking for a narby Italian place while on a business trip; this was an excellent find. Great service, good food, friendly.Special Features:
- Fine fast and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012The food was fine, fast and reasonable. Good recommendations from knowledgeable servers. Wine list was sufficient and the wine on special was good in taste and value.Special Features:
- The food here was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012The food here was excellent and very generous portions!!I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Plan on going back.Special Features:
- A hidden delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012Always a good choice for dinner, we didn't even realize they were on Open Table. The food is always delicious and the daily and weekly specials always worth a try. The wine list is good and we've had good luck with their specials. The only exception to this is the Lodi Red. Neither of us were terribly impressed with this one but we believe it to be the exception to the rule. The Tuscany staff are always friendly and professional and we make a point of dining there several times a month.Special Features:
- We made a reservation thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2012We made a reservation there and were called back that they were overbooked. They had had two parties booked weeks in advance. If that were the case, then they should have contacted OpenTable to show that they were not available for large parties. When I questioned the manager, she claimed that she had emailed me about the issue. She had not. We were trying to gather together to celebrate the life of the matriarch of our family. We were not impressed at all.
- Affordable and EdibleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2012Recommend this restaurant highly. My wife and I have frequented the restaurant several times have enjoyed the Italian prepared entre's and salads. The service is excellent and the food is fresh. I rate this restaurant as clean and safe to eat the food. My wife and I haven't had any issues after eating the food as we have had with other local restaurants that are using MSG or other food preservatives. Bon appetite.Special Features:
- Great food. Giant portions,westpsycDined on 5/26/2012Great food. Giant portions, if you need an Italian fix in Newport News this is terrific.Special Features:
- My review is based on thepickyeaterDined on 5/26/2012My review is based on the meal my wife had. My meal of the red sauce over pasta with shrimp was quite tasty and I enjoyed it but my wife had the chicken marsala. I must say when the waitress set the dish down I thought it looked really runny and she said it was so very bland. The pasta she said tasted odd...almost old. She was not very happy at all. However, being this was our first time there we will go back and she will order something different to give a fair chance. Would be nice if they would offer substitue options on the weekend.Special Features:
- We have been there beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2012We have been there before and enjoyed it, but this visit they were better and more responsive to our needs.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2012Food portions were huge. Excellent flavor, definately will return.Special Features:
- Great food with homemade breadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2012Great food with homemade bread and salad for a starter. The pasta dishes were excellent with freshly-made noodles. The calamari has the perfect coating on it that provided flavor, but still let the calamari flavor come through.Special Features:
- I usually order veal marsalaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2012I usually order veal marsala when I try a restaurant that offers it. Tuscany's was delicious, one of the best I have ever had. I cannot comment on the special features listed on this review website, since our visit was 4 adults for dinner.Special Features: