Tuscany Restaurant Carlsbad
6981 El Camino Real
Carlsbad, CA 92009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscany Restaurant Carlsbad
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (760) 929-8111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JOEY MAGGIORE -as seen on the food network
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let Tuscany cater your next event, from corporate parties to weddings, we have a banquet room that seats 150 or can cater off-site at your location.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a newly remodeled banquet facility that seats up to 200 people. Let us customize your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Pino Bataglia 7609298111
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Tuesday - Saturday, 6:30pm - 11:00pm. Featuring some of San Diego's top musicians.
A word from Tuscany Restaurant Carlsbad
Tuscany is an upscale, modern, Italian restaurant in the heart of La Costa. Featuring hand-made pasta, wood-fired pizza, prime steaks and seafood, Tuscany also offers a huge lounge and bar with live music daily. Best happy hour in town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tuscany Restaurant Carlsbad - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Tuscany Restaurant Carlsbad reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (6)good for groups (6)special occasion (4)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Noisy!VictorVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had dinner at this restaurant at 7:30 on a Saturday night and couldn't hear each other talking! The music was ridiculously LOUD and not appropriate for a dining event.
- NicoleNikireviewDined on 10/14/2014Our first time there and everything was excellent. Great food and service and a great little NC spot. Will be back, loved the interior as well.Special Features:
- Super slow serviceNickDined on 10/5/2014Our first time visit and everything was good except for our sever who seemed to be the only one, drinks were very slow to arrive as the food was. Next time will sit in the bar area as they seemed to not have this issue.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Cavernous room with deafeningly loud bar area music that you cannot have a conversation with some one at your table less than one foot away. "WANNA BE" PRETENTIOUS Italian restaurant with Mexican waiters trying to pass as Italian, whose service became curt and non-existent when the table declined to order a salad with dinner. Waiter and bus boy service was the equivalent of the type received at a cafeteria counter line. No gnocchi offerings on the menu. The Oil bottle on the table was nothing more than a commercial canola/vegetable oil that they tinged with a drop of green food dye coloring. There was absolutely no olive oil taste at all. I don't expect EVOO, but I do expect real olive oil from an Italian restaurant!Special Features:
- Great dinner!dwoodDined on 9/12/2014Tuscany has a great selection on the menu. The food was excellent and they had live music in the bar area! Our service was very good. We look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyRSandyDined on 8/23/2014Frequently go to Tuscany, have for many years. The service is always superb and the meal very good. Very pretty inside, and a lot going on. My husband and I and friends really enjoy going there for dinner for special nights out.Special Features:
- Nice Find!LeftHungryDined on 8/20/2014Went here on a date...the place was hopping at 8:00. The food was great, there was live music...overall a very nice experience. I'd go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Tuscany Restaurant Carlsbad reviews archive.
- A regular italian meal.SamtanDined on 7/14/2014Don't go here expecting an exceptional meal, but it's not a bad choice for a meal. Everything was ok hence the three stars. My swordfish was nice, so was the pizza we had but something jumps at you to say I must be back here.Special Features:
- Always a good place.FoodloverVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great food and service. We always try to come here when we visit from hawaii..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal at TuscanyMarilynVIPDined on 4/19/2014We continue to marvel at how excellent the food is here. The Caesar salad is so delicious. My husband had the oso bucco and raved about it. I had the mushroom risotto which is excellent. Service was a bit off but they were crowded. My very favorite restaurant in north county.Special Features:
- The Best Restaurant in North CountyMarilynVIPDined on 3/29/2014Tuscany is my favorite restaurant for so many reasons. Great location. Great menu. Attentive service. Fabulous wine list. Delicious food. The mushroom risotto is incredible! The chicken picatta is fantastic. You cannot go wrong with ordering anything. I love, love, love this restaurant. The new owners have outdone themselves and it shows!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first impressiontrdliteVIPDined on 3/29/2014Haven't been there before. Overall I was pleased with the service and quality of food. They have a pretty good menu with many different tastes. I had the veal osso buco. It was quiet good but not the best I had I have to admit. However I would go again if I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pizza and Caesar saladOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/21/2014The pizza and Caesar salad was the worse we ever ate. Plus we asked if the salad came with anchovies. We were told yes in the dressing but they can add mo. We were charged extra on our bill.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Fabulous food. Great service. This will be a new regular stop for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinner was delicious andDukeVIPDined on 2/7/2014Our dinner was delicious and the service fantastic. It's a wonderful spot if you live in the La Costa area. A great neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian delightDukeVIPDined on 1/28/2014Always great service when we have Paulie as our server. He and his brother Joey make this spot a favorite local destination. Delicious food where you always feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Italian Restaurant in TownMarilynVIPDined on 1/27/2014Once again, another fabulous meal at Tuscany. I took a client there and we had the most incredible meal. She had the eggplant torte with gnocchi which she raved about and devoured the entire dish. I had the wild mushroom risotto which is by far the best risotto I have ever eaten. The bread is hot and delicious. Wonderful menu with many choices. This remains my very favorite restaurant and I never have to worry about not being happy with any of the wonderful choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinner in hoodAndy123VIPDined on 1/17/2014Immediately at tine of Rez. Very loud inside, not an intimate evening. People yelling to talk over one another and live music. Octopus Salad was not very exciting. Truffle n mushroom pizza was A+. Ribeye was a B. Water was professional, nice and thorough.Special Features:
- CARLSBAD FINDOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 12/27/2013IT HAS BEEN 10 YEAR'S SINCE WE HAVE EATEN HERE, AND THE FOOD AND SERVICE IS FANTASTICSpecial Features:
- Always friendly and the foodCarlsbadDinerDined on 12/17/2013Always friendly and the food is great. I highly recommend Tuscany. They do a great job.Special Features:
- Tuscan FaireTuscanyDined on 12/6/2013Overall, for a Friday night, Tuscany was good. The restaurant was crowded and noisy but the food was good. They try very hard to replicate an Italian experience but it is just a good local restaurant that is a bit pricey but in an area that can afford the extra cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local restaurantGoodfood4meDined on 11/9/2013We are fairly new to the area, and we wanted to find a local place that has good food that would we come back to frequently. Tuscany was a pleasant surprise. The restaurant is located in a small shopping center, but once in side the place it feels quaint. The bar area is moderately noisy but tolerable. We saw on child in the restaurant, but it does not appear very kid-friendly. On the Saturday night that we were there, they had live piano music. The appetizer, salad and entrees were all prepared nicely and seasoned well. The service was timely and the waiter was friendly. We are somewhat choosey when it comes to food/restaurants but we will return to Tuscany and will recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthdayFjriderDined on 11/1/2013We were a group of 6 celebrating a birthday. The service was great and our waiter Giuseppe was wonderful. The food was excellent and at the end when the birthday cake came out the waiters sang and served the cake for us. We had a great time with the live entertainment and it wasn't too loud which helped hear everyone speak.Special Features:
- Always a nice dining experiencecitychick8Dined on 9/19/2013They have the BEST Italian bread of any Italian restaurant we have visited. The service is very good and the menu is fresh, interesting, and the food is very tasty. It's one of our favorite neighborhood haunts.Special Features:
- Tuscany Never FailsMarilynVIPDined on 9/18/2013I met a friend here for lunch yesterday and we had a fabulous meal with great service. I had the wild mushroom risotto which was incredibly delicious and full of flavor. She had the pasta special which she proclaimed to be one of the best meals she has ever eaten. The service was flawless and we had a great visit with the new owner Joey who is dedicated to delivering a wonderful product and he is doing quite well! We love this little restaurant with a great bar, fabulous Happy Hour and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbivalentseejayDined on 9/13/2013Everything at the Tuscany was fine except the noise level which made it impossible to converse. So I would recommend for food but not for ambiance. But I guess the three, four generations behind me want that sort of activity.Special Features:
- Tuscany, you're BAAAAaaaack!LeonediromaVIPDined on 9/7/2013This place had gone a little bit downhill, then it changed owners. The menu is now updated with many interesting choices, mostly Italian but also continental. On weekend nights it gets very crowded but is not overly noisy. The over-40 bar scene is hopping most nights, and the service is great. A very pleasant neighborhood gem, nice place for a romantic meal as well as a family scene. The stuffed squash blossom appetizer is small but delicious, the steaks are good and so are the salads. Lots of daily specials.Special Features:
- Drinks and apps...maybeMelloDined on 8/15/2013I wouldn't call it a vibrant bar scene...just a noisy one. The place is really loud due to the bar crowd...the food is basic Italian fare but not inexpensive for a strip mall location. Dinner for 4 plus wine(100) plus tip was $360. If we go back it will be for happy hour, seems that's what the locals do. There are many better dining options around Carlsbad. For Italian try Vivace at the Park Hyatt...just up the road.Special Features:
- My Favorite!MarilynVIPDined on 8/6/2013We returned to celebrate my birthday with friends and family and we all loved it! The service was great, the food was divine and we all had a wonderful evening. The mushroom risotto was over the top fabulous as was the Bolognese over pasta. The Caesar salad is incredible as is the calamari appetizer. The wine list is great and prices are normal. Be sure to get a reservation as the restaurant was totally packed by 7:30 PM. New ownership has made a few changes, all for the better. You will love the food here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscany Rocks!MarilynVIPDined on 7/31/2013This was our first visit since the change of ownership and we were not disappointed! Joey greeted us and seated us. The new menu is great. I ordered the salmon salad and it was incredibly delicious. We are returning for dinner tonight! Love the new look and the food is outstanding. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOW SERVICE & TOO NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/15/2013Service was very slow, had to ask for more water, etc. Noise level because of bar in same room very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect place for Mother's Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Took the Mom's here on Sunday. The food is always spectacular and the service is top notch. Always feel so welcome, like visiting family. The red roses handed out to each Mom was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food with liveOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/20/2013Good Italian food with live music and very nice service.Special Features:
- Carlsbads great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013Great Italian food and consistent also. Service is always attentive and prompt. Music on Saturday night is very good and welcomed. As a former New Yorker this is the only place I take my good friends to when they visit me...Special Features:
- Pinot and Pinot (a.k.a. Giuseppie)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2013Pinot and Pinot (a.k.a. Giuseppie) are amazing! Every time I dine here, they never cease to amaze. The food is great. The atmosphere is great. The service is tremendous. An absolute winner!Special Features:
- Wasn't able to get a tableGourmetDragonDined on 2/14/2013Wasn't able to get a table by calling, but OpenTable got me one. Good food & good service.Special Features:
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2013Had a 7:30pm reservation for Valentine's Day. Arrived on time and spent 15 minutes waiting at the hostess desk behind one party who was at first ignored and then held their place in line while the staff intermittently talked to them and then wandered off. When they finally moved we got to the hostess and were told that it would be a minimum 45 minute wait. Figuring any other options would be booked we decided to wait but after about 10 more minutes we realized that everyone else waiting in the packed lobby also had reservations and none of them looked very happy. The staff looked very stressed. Not a good vibe at all, so we took our names off the waiting list and left. I realize it's a busy night but they were WAY overbooked. Never again.
- Was about 45 minutes lateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Was about 45 minutes late in honoring our reservation time.Special Features:
- Reservations ignored...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Arrived for Valentine's Day dinner and found a large number of people waiting. The restaurant had opted to ignore reservations(!) and go off a simple waiting list instead. The hostess was rude and obviously not handling/not trained for the situation (apparently tables weren't freeing up as quickly as expected). We waited for 45 minutes before being seated. Live music was being performed in the bar area, but it is not separated from the dining room and the music was so loud it made conversation difficult. The wait staff was reasonable, timely with drink refills, etc. The food was good, but nothing special. Fine for every day but not special occasions, especially considering the lack of planning/service on the restaurant's part.
- There were no tables availableOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 2/14/2013There were no tables available and about 8 parties ahead of us. We waited about 1/2 hour then went across the street for a hamburger. It was Valentine's Day, so some tolerance for ignoring reservations is reasonable, but they had completely mismanaged and overbooked.