Tuscany on Taylor
1014 W Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Little Italy / University Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscany on Taylor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscanychicago.com/tuscany.htm
- Phone: 3128291990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Victorio Moreno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tuscany offers a private dining room perfect for corporate parties, rehearsal dinners, receptions, bridal/baby showers, or birthdays. Contact Alex Prekurat for more more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room available for up to 40 guests. Family style and plated menus available. Perfect for graduation parties, birthdays, showers and rehearsal dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Prekurat and Claudia Bucuri 3128291990
A word from Tuscany on Taylor
Tuscany on Taylor is the original Tuscany restaurant in the heart of Little Italy. A comfortable trattoria, Tuscany serves Northern Italian favorites including: homemade pastas, pizzas from our woodburning ovens, chicken Milanese, grilled veal and other authentic dishes. Private party space available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuscany on Taylor reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (29)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (24)notable wine list (17)romantic (16)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Knowledgable wait staff wonderful food, easy parking and the best pear tart ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscany LunchDave2014Dined on 8/26/2014Really just OK. Not terrible, not memorable. The place is pretty noisy and not ideal for a business lunch.
- Always yes!LbizDined on 8/24/2014Tuscany's is a favorite in my life! I never turn down a chance to go their! Great food and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Food and service were outstanding!!! I highly recommend to anyone visiting the Chicago area looking for great Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian FoodFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We come often. Dependably good. We had a great waiter. ENjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentKikiDined on 8/22/2014The food and service here is very good. Taylor Street should be your destination if you are looking for good Italian food.Special Features:
- WrigleytripDined on 8/21/2014Outstanding food, great wine list. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Steven19VIPDined on 8/10/2014The outdoor patio, carved out of the parking lot, is a wonderful addition to a favorite restaurant. Reliable food, reliable service, make this a Chicago staple.Special Features:
- eata7otVIPDined on 8/8/2014Tuscany was really wonderful for lunch. I selected a delicious cold Sicilian seafood salad with mesclun and lemon vinaigrette. The shrimp, salmon, and calamari were perfectly prepared. The salad was visually appealing as well. Along with great service, a nice space, and rich coffee, this delicious dish created a memorable lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.Happy2DineDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful restaurant! Food is excellent. Took friends (who had never been there) for dinner after a matinee performance. They loved the food and everything about Tuscany's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taylor StreetpidgeDined on 7/24/2014Tuscany is a good restaurant. The dining room is very noisy so sit outside. Food is good but the chef must have been tired because the person at the table next to me and I both sent back the same dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for good italian foodTammyVIPDined on 7/21/2014This is a must go to place. Food is always good and the service is good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ModerateOkiedokieDined on 7/16/2014Tuscany was a bit disappointing. The garlic is always great, the salad was good, and the entree was disappointing, as usual. We returned to Tuscany because it's were we had our first date 10 years ago, so we took a chance going back for the third time since then. Each time we've gone since our first date, we've been disappointed. The entree was salty and the service was poor. We didn't expect the server to roll out the red carpet or anything, but he didn't even say happy anniversary. He just kind of smirked and said "that's nice". We enjoyed our conversation over food, and appreciate management for printing our names on the specials menu for keepsakes. For over $100, we probably won't be returning to Tuscany again in the future.Special Features:
- ClassicTammyp46Dined on 7/16/2014Classic Italian . Nothing over the top. Solid place to enjoy a good meal . Wine list impressive .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner spotloknjDined on 7/9/2014Food was great, its lite Italian with all the taste of heavier fare. The restaurant is beautiful - very comfortable and friendly staff. Weill definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and GREAT service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014Some of the best Italian food I've ever had. Our waiter was very attentive and his entrée and wine selections were terrific. We dined outside around 5p on Thursday, and it was perfect. Place was packed when we left at 6:30, but noise level on outdoor patio was pleasant. If indoor dining, I'd give another star or two to the noise level.Special Features:
- Dining in Little ItalyPHOTODined on 7/8/2014We have dined at Tuscany on Taylor several times and we are always impressed with the great service and excellent food. The wine list offers a good variety, and on site valet parking site is very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014There were six in our party. Waiter was very personable, witty and attentive. The food was AWESOME!Special Features:
- Good neighborhood Italian foodKarenDined on 6/28/2014The food is good neighborhood type Italian. Gluten free pasta is available for those who need it. Kind of noisy and service is okay, but not excellent. I remember this place as having been a bit nicer several years ago, but still good for a family kind of dinner.Special Features:
- Always a safe bet for Italian foodtimildeepsVIPDined on 6/25/2014Great pastas, outstanding service and just the right energy level. Consistently one of the best Italian didning experiences around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a night out!LynnSDined on 6/24/2014Beautiful restaurant - both the indoor and outdoor settings. The oil and roasted garlic was delicious!! We tried the specials, paired with a wine selected by the server and it was heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscany is amazing!DanRDined on 6/14/2014Tuscany was recommended by a local Italian friend as the best restaurant on Taylor and he was right. The food selection was very good - I chose the veal dish and it was excellent. The wine list was extensive and reasonably priced. We will definitely return the next time we visit the Provision theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we'll be back..GloriaVIPDined on 6/8/2014We have been to Tuscany on Taylor many times and will definitely be back. It is a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014We love to attend Tuscany whenever we're seeing a show at Provision Theater, just long block away. The food and atmosphere are very good, and the wait staff always makes sure we are efficiently served so we can make the curtain. Four stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceKT14Dined on 6/2/2014Our server was awesome, and was not afraid to joke around with us, especially my brother who lacks manners at times. The entire experience was great, and I love the new outdoor patio.Special Features:
- I love their starter!foodismyfriendDined on 5/31/2014Roasted garlic smashed in olive oil and parmasan cheese is a great way to start a meal. Ask for the hot sauce--the jalepeno oil is fabulous.Special Features:
- Not what it used to bevanshopperDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I used to go to Tuscany on Taylor many years ago, when we were dating. It's been awhile since we have been back but returned with friends to celebrate a birthday. The food was disappointing....the Caprese salad is not at all what it used to be, not nearly as good. The wine was the best part of the dinner.
- AveragefoodissogoodDined on 5/23/2014Felt like a suburban chain restaurant. Waiter misunderstood my order then refused to correct it.Special Features:
- Great food and service staffMadelynDined on 5/21/2014Tuscany is one of the Great restaurants in the Taylor Street neighborhood. They consistently turn out excellent food and the wait staff are always pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 768 reviews are from the Tuscany on Taylor reviews archive.
- On Point, Good EatingLemlemcoVIPDined on 5/19/2014We entertained our guest from out from Baltimore in for NRA. He was well please with the food and atmosphere. The crew was on point. We has a great time. ShalomSpecial Features:
- Disappointing ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014I have been to this restaurant numerous times, and I'm hoping it was just an off night. Two of our three dishes were burnt, and the management of tables left our poor waiter trying to balance too many people all at the same time while tables in other sections sat open. The service was slow but very friendly (as always). The menu has a nice variety from meat to seafood, and the baked garlic, Parmesan and olive oil combination to put on your bread is delicious. No dessert or coffee was ordered.
- Outstanding as alwaysFoodieDined on 5/11/2014If you are looking for a quiet place where conversation is easy, this is not a good choice. If you can manage the noise, everything else is terrific.Special Features:
- Family DinnerVitoDined on 5/10/2014The food, ambiance and service is very good. The wine list has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Always a Great MealJohnCDined on 5/8/2014We have eaten at Tuscany's on numerous occasions and are never disappointed. The food and service are outstanding and has a great atmosphere. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Food & Great ServiceLemlemcoVIPDined on 5/5/2014This is a great place with the food for the kings and queens. The service is one of the best and the food is great. If it is not on the meal, the will create your dish. ShalomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DifferentAdudieDined on 4/28/2014It's been a while my husband and I went to any fine dining restaurant and this was definitely a great choice for our 2nd wedding anniversary. The ambiance was warm and serene. The bread and garlic/cheese/olive oil mix was delicious. We almost stuffed ourselves with that. My husband got the Pollo Arrosto and I got just the Pollo with mashed potatoes. Everything was cooked to perfection and tasted great. I look forward to going to Tuscany again sometime soon.Special Features:
- greatDined on 4/27/2014Excellent food I enjoyed my dinner. The waiter was funny and he was nice to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place To EatLemlemcoVIPDined on 4/27/2014This like eat with friends . Order on or the meal. The will meet your taste buds. ShalomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I hadn't used Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014Had I called the restaurant to make a reservation, perhaps I would have found out that there was an event scheduled for the evening. It was loud and rowdy . . . . I went there with a small group hoping to be able converse. Food was very good, though.
- Easter Brunch!nomnomDined on 4/20/2014Had a great brunch here with family. Very quiet, courteous staff and an enjoyable meal. Couldn't ask for more!Special Features: