Tuscany on Taylor
1014 W Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Little Italy / University Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscany on Taylor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscanychicago.com/tuscany.htm
- Phone: (312) 829-1990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Victorio Moreno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tuscany offers a private dining room perfect for corporate parties, rehearsal dinners, receptions, bridal/baby showers, or birthdays. Contact Alex Prekurat for more more information email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room available for up to 40 guests. Family style and plated menus available. Perfect for graduation parties, birthdays, showers and rehearsal dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Prekurat and Claudia Bucuri 3128291990x
A word from Tuscany on Taylor
Tuscany on Taylor is the original Tuscany restaurant in the heart of Little Italy. A comfortable trattoria, Tuscany serves Northern Italian favorites including: homemade pastas, pizzas from our woodburning ovens, chicken Milanese, grilled veal and other authentic dishes. Private party space available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuscany on Taylor reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (27)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (23)romantic (18)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Would definitely recommend and returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014My son (ll yrs old) loves pasta so we frequent Italian dining establishments. He said this was his best experience (food & service) by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was not the bestStuartVIPDined on 11/16/2014Rushing us through dinner..pushing liquor/wine too much...Food ,food temp etc was good.Too noisy Blackhawks game had alot to do with it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot before the game!DonnaVIPDined on 11/16/2014Bull, Hawks, it's alway the place to go before a game. Good food and service! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite, butdiningdocDined on 11/8/2014They have changed bread vendors and given up that incredible, crusty Italian bread. The food otherwise was great, but their roasted garlic-olive oil dip was disappointing without the bread!Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 11/8/2014This is our fourth time here and it is only getting better. The food was outstanding and the service was top notch the whole time we were there. Even the valet parking was fast and friendly.Special Features:
- terry daneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/4/2014great service good food, would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- ReliablefoodieDined on 11/4/2014Tuscany offers great food, great service and moderate pricing. What more can you ask for from a restaurant? We've been going there for all pre-bulls and pre-hawks game meals for years. they will always ask if your going to the game and serve the food in a timely manner so that you can get to the game in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicesBuboliniDined on 10/31/2014Great food and services. Really nice place. Feels like you are in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre Bulls dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014waiters gr8, food outstanding - they did a gr8 job of getting us in and quickly for Bulls game as well. highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatCherylDined on 10/26/2014Tuscany has managed to stay "hot" despite its being in the neighborhood awhile. It's old fashioned Italian but upscale and European and it always manages to be cool despite the old world feel. The chef is excellent and the Italian wines outstanding. Everything homemade and refined. A must-try in Chicago's Little Italy..some would say the best in the neighborhood hands down.Special Features:
- Solid BmaciaslinDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I made an 8pm reservation for Tuscany this past Saturday. We live relatively close and have never been so we figured it was time. We are fans of Francesca's on Taylor and Davanti's and have hear great things about Tuscany. We had a good dinner but overall I would not say it was great. Our waiter was a bit abrupt with us, rushing past and not too attentive until towards the end and although the food was good I thought it was a bit over priced for the product. Francesca's is more affordable and equal the taste. It was a nice experience but a little too expensive for pasta.Special Features:
- The ConsistantLemlemcoVIPDined on 10/12/2014The accommodation your special request to prepare what you want. The will change pasta and sauce for your meal.. Cook just for you .... The staff is over the top.... ShalomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodCincyfoodDined on 10/11/2014Authentic Italian. Whole roasted garlic smashed with Parmesan wonderful start. Veal chop -bone in- cooked perfectly. Service outstanding. All servers assisting with neighboring tables. Attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BethDined on 10/4/2014As usual the food was delicious! We come to Chicago every October from Atlanta and always make it a point to come here. The service was not quite up to par this time with our waiter. He was very nice but not very attentive. The food was FABULOUS and I plan to go back next October.Special Features:
- A disappointmentFresserVIPDined on 10/4/2014more than half of the menu is gone. There seems to be a rush to get you in and out. My wife and I were there 1 hour and 15 minutes. The check before tip was $100 for 2 salads, 2 entrees and 2 glasses of wine and the food was very uninteresting and at best, ordinary. We have been going there for years but I see no reason to return.
- Great classic italianweebaronaVIPDined on 9/29/2014My husband had the chicken tortellini in a creamy tomato sauce - outstanding - and the grilled veal chop - he thought the chop was a bit over cooked for his taste but the flavor and texture was very good; I had the Touscany salad to start and spaghetti in pomodoro sauce that I asked them to added some eggplant to - perfect pasta. Really nice ending to a great weekend visit to Chicago. Nice wine list by the glass for both reds and whites. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great TimeMZuggyDined on 9/20/2014My time at Tuscany was great! The food was brought to my table within five minutes of me ordering it and my waiter was extremely friendly.Special Features:
- Fantastic, As AlwaysLipokingVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent, the service impeccable, and the tempo of the meal was perfect. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week night dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014We very much enjoyed our dining experience. Experienced and knowledgeable staff enhanced the experience.Special Features:
- Great place to eat Great foodLemlemcoVIPDined on 9/16/2014The is a great place. I like this place. The table cloth .. ShalomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweebladesDined on 8/30/2014Knowledgable wait staff wonderful food, easy parking and the best pear tart ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscany LunchDave2014Dined on 8/26/2014Really just OK. Not terrible, not memorable. The place is pretty noisy and not ideal for a business lunch.
- Always yes!LbizDined on 8/24/2014Tuscany's is a favorite in my life! I never turn down a chance to go their! Great food and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Food and service were outstanding!!! I highly recommend to anyone visiting the Chicago area looking for great Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian FoodFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We come often. Dependably good. We had a great waiter. ENjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentKikiDined on 8/22/2014The food and service here is very good. Taylor Street should be your destination if you are looking for good Italian food.Special Features:
- WrigleytripDined on 8/21/2014Outstanding food, great wine list. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Steven19VIPDined on 8/10/2014The outdoor patio, carved out of the parking lot, is a wonderful addition to a favorite restaurant. Reliable food, reliable service, make this a Chicago staple.Special Features:
- eata7otVIPDined on 8/8/2014Tuscany was really wonderful for lunch. I selected a delicious cold Sicilian seafood salad with mesclun and lemon vinaigrette. The shrimp, salmon, and calamari were perfectly prepared. The salad was visually appealing as well. Along with great service, a nice space, and rich coffee, this delicious dish created a memorable lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.Happy2DineDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful restaurant! Food is excellent. Took friends (who had never been there) for dinner after a matinee performance. They loved the food and everything about Tuscany's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 787 reviews are from the Tuscany on Taylor reviews archive.
- Taylor StreetpidgeDined on 7/24/2014Tuscany is a good restaurant. The dining room is very noisy so sit outside. Food is good but the chef must have been tired because the person at the table next to me and I both sent back the same dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for good italian foodTammyVIPDined on 7/21/2014This is a must go to place. Food is always good and the service is good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ModerateOkiedokieDined on 7/16/2014Tuscany was a bit disappointing. The garlic is always great, the salad was good, and the entree was disappointing, as usual. We returned to Tuscany because it's were we had our first date 10 years ago, so we took a chance going back for the third time since then. Each time we've gone since our first date, we've been disappointed. The entree was salty and the service was poor. We didn't expect the server to roll out the red carpet or anything, but he didn't even say happy anniversary. He just kind of smirked and said "that's nice". We enjoyed our conversation over food, and appreciate management for printing our names on the specials menu for keepsakes. For over $100, we probably won't be returning to Tuscany again in the future.Special Features:
- ClassicTammyp46Dined on 7/16/2014Classic Italian . Nothing over the top. Solid place to enjoy a good meal . Wine list impressive .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner spotloknjDined on 7/9/2014Food was great, its lite Italian with all the taste of heavier fare. The restaurant is beautiful - very comfortable and friendly staff. Weill definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and GREAT service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014Some of the best Italian food I've ever had. Our waiter was very attentive and his entrée and wine selections were terrific. We dined outside around 5p on Thursday, and it was perfect. Place was packed when we left at 6:30, but noise level on outdoor patio was pleasant. If indoor dining, I'd give another star or two to the noise level.Special Features:
- Dining in Little ItalyPHOTOVIPDined on 7/8/2014We have dined at Tuscany on Taylor several times and we are always impressed with the great service and excellent food. The wine list offers a good variety, and on site valet parking site is very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014There were six in our party. Waiter was very personable, witty and attentive. The food was AWESOME!Special Features:
- Good neighborhood Italian foodKarenDined on 6/28/2014The food is good neighborhood type Italian. Gluten free pasta is available for those who need it. Kind of noisy and service is okay, but not excellent. I remember this place as having been a bit nicer several years ago, but still good for a family kind of dinner.Special Features:
- Always a safe bet for Italian foodtimildeepsVIPDined on 6/25/2014Great pastas, outstanding service and just the right energy level. Consistently one of the best Italian didning experiences around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.