Tuscany - Oakbrook
1415 W. 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscany - Oakbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stefanirestaurants.com/
- Phone: 6309901993
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm We will be closed on Sundays from May 24th until September 7th.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fernando Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering & Special Events by Phil Stefani is a full service off-site catering department specializing in events of all types.
- Private Party Facilities: Tuscany - Oakbrook offers 3 party rooms, each seating 35 to 40 guests. French doors between the Siena & the Montecatini rooms can can be opened to accommodate 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Fred Lagon 8883529739
- Entertainment: Live entertainment: Thursday - Saturday: 7:30pm - 11:30pm
- Special Events: Tuscany Oakbrook offers private dining accommodations. Great for corporate parties, rehearsal dinners, receptions, bridal/baby showers, or birthdays. Celebrate your special event at Tuscany! Contact Fred Lagon for more details. Flagon@stefanigroup.com
A word from Tuscany - Oakbrook
The tradition of Tuscany lives on with the comfortable trattoria featuring mouth-watering Northern Italian specialties. Homemade pastas, gourmet pizzas baked in a wood-burning oven & tender veal grilled to perfection are just a few of the Tuscan favorites awaiting you. An incredible wine selection complimented by exceptional service creates the ultimate dining experience. Across from Oakbrook Shopping Center, Tuscany is the perfect break in your shopping or a wonderful meal after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuscany - Oakbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (35)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (11)romantic (11)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Food is good but service is slowchrischicagoVIPDined on 8/27/2014We really like Tuscany's food but the service seems to be consistently slow. There are times you won't see the server for quite awhile, especially at the end when you finally want the check to leave. Overall we like the restaurant and will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Service awesome. Looking forward to visit sometime soon. Kurpad S MurthySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay....LoveBirdsDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I were far from impressed with Tuscany's food, especially, for the price. We wouldn't waste our time going again.Special Features:
- BlonddinnerblonddinnerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Love the food and decor, but a little noisy. Not to the point that we couldn't hear our table mates, but we were seated next to a large group and they were having a good time, so a bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, good wine,slow bar serviceGreggVIPDined on 8/6/2014Our meal was served outdoors, which may have added to the problem. Wine was half priced and as such, a good value....but the drinks, all of them from the bar, took far too long to be served. The food special was interesting but not great. I hate that an expensive meal would be just so average.Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal, AgainchrischicagoVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I re-discovered Tuscany a year ago and have gone back four times. Though it's not on the menu, they have accommodated me by making a seafood risotto that is outstanding. My wife on the other hand looks forward to their fresh roasted garlic and olive oil they smash and serve with their bread. We plan on going back again later this month when some friends come to town.Special Features:
- pretty good and not too expensiveLAXpremealgonegoodDined on 8/2/2014food good, pizza ordered as appetizer came very fast. service very good/friendly with one omission, entrees pretty tasty. Only complaints were Caesar salad very sparse on dressing and nobody offered refills on ice tea ever, an odd omission.
- Tuscany for dinnerFagasDined on 7/26/2014We come here often. Great food and service with innovative dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was over priced and sub parOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014I ordered the veal medallions but when I received my dinner I did not get medallions. I got two small strips of veal. The portion was extremely small for the price of the dish and the taste was not the greatest. I would not go back to this restaurant as there are so many other great options to eat nearby.
- Too long to eat!MInxVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was good. We were seated promptly soon as we arrived for reservation. Unfortunately it took for ever to get our food-I waiter had several tables and every time he would come to check on us it seem like there was at least a 10 minute interval between them. It took almost an hour to get our food and we ordered nothing other than pasta. Table next of us had a party of eight and I know they were there before we arrived and literally were just getting their food when we left almost 2 hours later. I won't be coming here but perhaps the Tuscany in Chicago.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014A special place that consistently delivers a fine dining experience. Try the Dover Sole, not on the menu, but always available.Special Features:
- AdequateTryagainDined on 7/11/2014The valet service was great, host & seating great, atmosphere inviting, service stopped once we got our food. Had to get the hostess to check us out (btw...only 3 other tables full at the time). Food was adequate, but a bit pricey for what you received. I have had excellent service, food, etc here before, so I would definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscany ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2014we have dined at Tuscany in Oak Brook several times before. our experience this time was on par with previous visits- very good in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually much betterMartyDined on 7/5/2014My wife loves lamb but when she asked the waiter how it was prepared, he picked up the nightly special sheet and read it out loud. Thanks for your insights...geez, doesn't the wait staff get versed in how specials are prepared and how to "sell" it? Especially when it's probably one of the most expensive entrees on the menu at $36? She went with the linguine...for $17. Too bad. Waited for drinks too....finished entree dish was walked past by half a dozen bus boys and the waiter several times as well. Not a real sharp night for the staff. Manager and asst. were great, attentive and accomodating to table request. bar tender comp'd my drink as it was my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant!WarrenDined on 6/28/2014Food was excellent, the lamb chops in particular. Service was very good as well as the wine list. The only negative was that it was quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious yet affordable ItalianBerthelotDined on 6/27/2014Great food as always, not very busy for a Friday which was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDukeDined on 6/14/2014As always, the food was outstanding. The server was excellent and knew the menu/wine list. We arrived early to get a cocktail at the bar before dinner but checked in with the hostess to let her know. Still had to wait for a table, even though we had the reservation.Special Features:
- DeeDee55DeeDee55Dined on 6/11/2014The meal (Chilean Sea Bass and Gnocchi in Vodka Sauce) was DELICIOUS! Will definitely come back. A little noisy and very busy. But the food was worth the noise.Special Features:
- Food is Excellent!ConstantineDined on 6/6/2014Never fails! The quality of service and food has been excellent for the past 10 years that we have been going there! Good job!Special Features:
- Special OccasionBiggerDined on 6/6/2014I had a large group for dinner, The water was outstanding. Food was very good.Special Features:
- D&PDavpeg1Dined on 5/30/2014We were very happy with the service and food at Tuscany. We have dined there before. Since we live in another state we do not get to Tuscany as often as we would prefer. It is always a great experience, on our own or with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpecialsJDlc2933Dined on 5/29/2014I always love Tuscany because they always have really great daily specials! And, they never have a problem substituting things, making things a little different than printed on menu, etc.Special Features:
- solid choicejcolDined on 5/14/2014went to meet a visitor to town. Waint staff was quite attentive but not overbearing. Food was very solid and fairly priced. My guest was delighted that gluten free pasta was available as a substitute. Pleased with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014We eat at Tuscany on Taylor often; 1st time at Oak Brook. I had the sausage and peppers -- fabulous as always. Tried the asparagus soup and loved it. Friend had a seasonal round ravioli and raved. She also had arugula and roasted beet salad with capers. Said it was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, slow and bad decisionsPaddlingDined on 5/11/2014Our table was not ready when we arrived and we had to wait 25 minutes. We opted to sit at the bar. Bad decision. The table was the size of a plate and we had 3 people at the table. Both my wife and mine dish were very good. However, my sons salmon was overcooked and extremely dry. It should never have been served. We decided to get dessert. Another bad idea. We waited 25 minutes for a piece of cake which had a melted scoop of ice cream on it. It obviously sat in the back for a while before our waiter served it to us. Our waited compt the dessert but the damage was done. I don't mind waiting if I'm going to get a great meal, but this was not the case.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Had Mothers Day dinner and the service was terrific! Had to move our table so they bought us desert!Special Features:
- Hair in foodTPiage22UDined on 5/11/2014We got a hair in our food. The manager did not seem that apologetic. She replaced the food for free, but charged us for the original. When restaurants have made errors in the past, they have not charged anything for the bad food or for the replacement. Also, this happened to my mother on Mother's Day. Not pleased.
- Wonderful Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2014My sister and I took my Mom for Mother's Day. We haven't been to Tuscany in years and this was a great halfway point for us. Our entire meal was excellent and the service was perfect. We all enjoyed our time at Tuscany celebrating Mother's Day.Special Features:
- The following 832 reviews are from the Tuscany - Oakbrook reviews archive.
- SteadyBottiBudsDined on 4/24/2014I have not been to Tuscany in over 9 years. I am do glad they kept the menu pretty much the same. I guess when something works, why change it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KikiDined on 4/17/2014I highly recommend Tuscany for dinner. The food is good, very tasty, and generous portions. From the time you walk in to the time you leave the staff is friendly and attentive. Great Hosts and the Bartenders are pleasant and they pour nice big drinks! Good music in the Lounge area, not too loud and suitable for dancing. All and all good food, atmosphere, and good fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2014The entire staff is amazing there! Food and service is always excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mis informedRockyDined on 3/29/2014I had called Tuscany to ask some questions about the band as to what kind of music as I was going to be coming the with a group of 8 for dinner. they were right on with the music but they suggested we sit in the lounge here's the problem, I decided to make reservations via open table which is great and requested the lounge which is what we got but I was never told hi top small round table were all they had in the lounge If I knew that I would have either not gone there or asked for a table close to the lounge but at a regular table because before they added more hi tops for us it would have been very hard to have meals.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodtheatergoerDined on 3/29/2014Food was very good but not remarkable for the price. Had pasta and scallops which was nice, but sauce had a little too much hot pepper for me. Chocolate mousse cake was more like frosting than a mousse. Service was great. Waiter was very timely and staff kept our glasses full. Had a live band playing on a Saturday night. Overall, a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid performanceGRP60515Dined on 3/29/2014My 3 brothers and I enjoyed a very nice meal at Tuscany-Oakbrook. We'd never been here before, although I had eaten at the Tuscany on Taylor Street a number of times in the past. It was certainly good, but not great. I seem to recall larger portions at the one on Taylor. The service was knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcomed like familyINvisitorDined on 3/29/2014We we're visiting the Oakbrook area and wanted to find a local restaurant for a special evening out. For the atmosphere it was very reasonably priced. I could tell that there were some regulars that were recognized by the family of servers - not in an exclusive way so as to shun the rest of the guests, just enough to say that we like seeing people come back to our place. The live music was a nice addition - appropriate for the atmosphere and well placed in the bar area so that it did not interfere with conversation in the dining area. My wife and I were able to enjoy great conversation even though the place was filled with people. The food was as described and delicious with good presentation. I would like a little more variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of Stefani'sScotODined on 3/28/2014Anyone who has been around the Chicago restaurant scene for a while might remember Stefani's on the North side. Both our waiter and the front end manager were original employees of that wonderful place that ultimately spawned the first Tuscany in Little Italy. They carry on the tradition here. Domingo our waiter, was wonderful with both his suggestions, and service. He was attentive but not intrusive. Dinner was not rushed, water and wine glasses were never empty. Each dish that was served at our table was outstanding. Everyone enjoyed their selection. The fish was fresh, the pasta was delightful, dessert was delicious. Our only disappointment was realizing that my son forgot to bring his leftovers home. The other plates were clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent CuisineBobbyeVIPDined on 3/24/2014Tuscany Oakbrook is tucked away in the Towers across the street from the Mall. It's worth the search as the food reflects the best of Northern Italian Cuisine. Parking is rarely a problem especially for dinner as most of the offices are closed. There's also Valet available for a minimum charge. The wait staff is very courteous, helpful and attentive. The Menu varies with the seasons but pasta dishes are always a good choice as well as seafood and other dishes. The roasted garlic that accompanies your bread is awesome and you never leave hungry. The desserts are also a cut above if you still have room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and service andclaraDined on 3/22/2014great food and service and good time. The people that work there are so nice.Special Features:
- DisappointedAshasanVIPDined on 3/21/2014I love the one on Taylor St. But this doesn't match up. Ambience, service and food preparation was all lacking in comparison. Still decent, but there are better options in the area...
- Not as Good as It Used to BeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2014They've changed the menu in recent years and there are very few selections that appeal. I turned a side salad into a meal as a result. It was OK, but just not what I was looking for at Tuscany. We have a group that has gone there quarterly or so for years and we've decided to pick a different place.