Tuscany at Loews Denver Hotel
4150 East Mississippi Ave
Denver, CO 80246Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tuscany at Loews Denver Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Denver-Hotel/dining/restaurant
- Phone: 3036391600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday Breakfast 6am to 11am
Lunch & Dinner 11am to 10pm
Saturday & Sunday Breakfast 7am to 11am Lunch 11am to 2pm
Dinner 6pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alexis Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tuscany at Loews Denver Hotel has the perfect facilities (indoor and outdoor) for a small intimate gathering or a celebration up to 150 guests. The restaurant is available along with a variety of banquet facilities through Loews Denver Hotel to meet your catering needs.
- Private Party Contact: Kendal Ingram 3036391615
A word from Tuscany at Loews Denver Hotel
Tuscany features new American cuisine prepared using the freshest produce and the finest meats and fish. Each dish is humble in its origin, yet robust and rich in flavor and character. The friendly and attentive service makes Tuscany the ideal spot for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Also stop by the T-Bar at Tuscany, a perfect spot to relax after work or a long day and enjoy a Colorado Microbrew, Bison Burger, Pizza & Peroni and more casual fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuscany at Loews Denver Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Really sad that Loews andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2013Really sad that Loews and the Tuscany room are closing. It is a classy yet comfortable place and possesses a certain uniqueness often lacking in a hotel dining experience.Special Features:
- The roasted beet salad wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013The roasted beet salad was terrific but the rest of our two meals was mediocre.
- Lowe's Georgio ReviewCathyDined on 12/25/2012Service was very slow, the food, when It came, was cold and unappetizing. It was Christmas Day and it seemed that they were not prepared to serve the number of diners that were there.Special Features:
- Beautiful atmosphere, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012Beautiful atmosphere, great seating, spacious and quiet enough to enjoy group conversation!Special Features:
- The Tuscany never disappointsProfmccVIPDined on 12/14/2012Wonderful food, terrific service. The Tuscany is one of my favorites for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Tuscany's lovely ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2012Tuscany's lovely ambiance will probably soon be ruined by another chain's purchase of the hotel, since today's hotel look is steel and cold, rather than the warmth of fireplaces and comfy furniture. The restaurant's hostess was lovely, and Kendall, our server, was as always, perfect and thoughtful. I hope that new owners will have the sense to keep them on staff.Special Features:
- Dinner at TuscanyLGoodinDined on 11/21/2012We went the night before Thanksgiving and it was very quiet as they were preparing for a big celebration the next day and expecting a lot of people we were told. We had great service, our waiter was attentive and the food delicious. We all enjoyed our food and the server even recommended a great wine, so all good!Special Features:
- Tough Times at TuscanyFlyPatchDined on 10/6/2012With confidence I can now say I ate a Tuscany’s twice, my first and last. The best thing going for Tuscany’s is the atmosphere, its quiet & warm settings. Quiet because we were there were only 2 other tables and warm because of the fireplace. Our meals didn’t match the price. Unless you’re staying at the hotel I would not suggest going out of your way to dine at Tuscany’s.
- Quiet ambianceGuidoVIPDined on 9/15/2012While Tuscany has always been a favorite of ours for its wonderful ambiance and service as well as very good food, our most recent meal was a disappointment because of the uneven quality of the food. On the plus side, the grilled salmon was a large portion expertly prepared. On the negative side, the chicken saltimbocca suffered from an overcooked chicken breast. The roasted beet salad featured tasty proscuitto as an interesting twist; the calamari appetizer featured tender squid, but the breading was soggy. My wife liked the cold melon soup. A key plus of Tuscany remains its attractiveness as a dining room suited to quiet conversation, even among a party of 6 or 8. That's hard to come by on a Saturday night in Denver.
- Highly recommendedProfmccVIPDined on 8/7/2012Wonderful atmosphere, imaginative lunch menu, great food, great service, easy to park. What else could you ask for?Special Features:
- AnniversaryDenverdoesfoodwellDined on 6/15/2012We celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary with friends and had the chef prepare a special 5-course meal. Everything was fantastic. When we made the reservation on Open Table we were advised that the restaurant did not qualify for points. We believe that Open Table should require the restaurants who participate in its reservation system to award points. There should be no exceptions. If a restaurant does not want to give points, it should not be included in the Open Table program - period.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch - Stay at home.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2012We were seated in the dark bar area. Understanding that Mother's Day is a demanding holiday to serve for maybe, it is best to refuse seating extra parties if it is going to be in the bar area of the resturant, OR inform the guests when making a reservation that is where they will be seated. I also understand our reservation was at the tail end of the brunch time, but the food was old looking and luke warm, and the most of the serving dishes were very low if not empty. It was VERY apparent that we were a "late party" in seating, and food selection.
- We dined yesterday for theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012We dined yesterday for the Mother's Day brunch. I had heard wonderful things about the brunch here. Sad to say I was disappointed. The rather nasty attitude of the hostess unfortunately set the tone for our morning. Sadly I thought the food was eiher overcooked or rubbery in the buffet. It would have been nice to be able to toast the bagels. The chilequiles were missing beans (or I couldn't find any). You could smell the seafood as you walked in the room. There was an omlette station but waiting for it to be made was torturous and too long, and we got an attitude when we asked if someone could bring it to our table. We were seated in the bar area which cut down on the noise alot which was a nice surprise and pleasure.
- Went for brunch, it was aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Went for brunch, it was a buffet. Food was cold and overpriced.
- I wasnt happy with the tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012I wasnt happy with the table they sat me at, it was in the bar. It lookes like they set up a folding table in front of a couch. If I wanted to sit on the couch and eat off of a T.V. tray I would have stayed home. I complained and they finally moved us.Special Features:
- Adequate at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2012There really wasn't anything that was spectacular across the board. The food as was adequate for the price, the service was a challenge due to a language barrier and the server not knowing ingredients of the menu. Bread was delayed being brought to the table until the table asked for it. Over all, it was decent...but I will not be back.
- Diamond in the roughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2012The food and service were wonderful. They did a great job accommodating an intimate and special birthday dinner for my husband, myself and six friends. The setting was lovely and parking was easy. Great restaurant and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a special place.Special Features:
- Anticipated an upscale experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012Anticipated an upscale experience and was quite disappointed. Buffet accomodations were awkward and selection / 'freshness' of offerings was not up to expected standard.
- they were out of 2 of thejofilogomoVIPDined on 3/29/2012they were out of 2 of the desserts we wanted....disappointing. food mediocre this time. in past has been good
- Restaurant is billed as Italian,SuzieVIPDined on 3/24/2012Restaurant is billed as Italian, and I was disappointed in the menu as it was very basic.
- Go somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2012This restaurant was near an event we were going to, so we tried it. Bad choice. After ordering a bottle of wine, it took 20 minutes for it to arrive, at which time I told the waiter we 'didn't have all night' to spend at the restaurant. He left a basket of bread, but we didn't have plates. When he walked away, I took a couple of plates from a nearby empty table. The lobster bisque was terrible, the salad was okay, and the linguini I had was not what I expected (red sauce). The Open Table 30% discount was padded with a 20% gratuity - certainly not worth that. We'll never go back.
- Our brunch was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2012Our brunch was outstanding! We were excited to hear that there's a new chef. What topped our brunch off was the service we received. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable and respectful.Special Features:
- We had a great time! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012We had a great time! The food was fabulous, as was the service.Special Features:
- Great place to sit and talkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/10/2012Great place to sit and talk quietly over a wonderful meal. Very nice surprise that they extended their 5280 menu. We greatly enjoyed the menu (especially the bacon wrapped scallops) and appreciate the accomodation they made to get us an achohol free dessert. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Good ambiance, quiet. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2012Good ambiance, quiet. Food is good and presented well.Special Features:
- Very good food and the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Very good food and the wait staff was outstanding.Special Features:
- DINE THEE FOR 5280 FOOD WASOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2012DINE THEE FOR 5280 FOOD WAS EXCEKKENT FROM SOUP TO DESSERT. WINE LIST WAS OK, BUT NICELY PRICED, VERY ATTENTIVE (BUT TOO) WAITERS..BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS WERE TO DIE FOR. WE WILL BE BACK FOR DINING AT ANOTHER TIMESpecial Features:
- Our waitress Monica was outstandingChrisDined on 2/25/2012Our waitress Monica was outstanding. We were disappointed in the food. It seemed as if it had been under the warming lights too long.Special Features:
- We were there the first nightUptownGirlDined on 2/25/2012We were there the first night of Denver Restaurant Week and they clearly were not prepared. It took us 1-1/2 hours just to get our salads, which was definitely disappointing. The food was good once it came, but I would not go back again.
- Dinner was good. But ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/25/2012Dinner was good. But our desert did not come out in a timely manner. That was when we noticed out waiter was avoiding us. Finnaly a Mgr came out and said the 5280 desert was not coming at all. Did give us any other desert on the menu and also took off half our bill. They did right by us, but I can't say I would make it a place to return to.
- Food was great, and willingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2012Food was great, and willing to accommodate my particular tastes regarding the dishes.Special Features:
- Still waiting for my foodSaxboarderDined on 2/14/2012We went for the Valentine's Day and have never received worse service or food. We ordered the set menu, and after two hours and burned food, we still never received all our food. I had to get the check and leave because we were tired of waiting. The waitress was blaming the kitchen, but the food was like a bad banquet meal.
- Enjoyed it for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Enjoyed it for Valentine's Day. Very romantic and great service!Special Features:
- Had been here before for theMEvanDined on 1/1/2012Had been here before for the MOther's Day brunch which was excellent. At that time they had a large selection of items to satisfy everyone's tastes. For New Year's, the brunch offerings were limited. There was not much for our vegetarian to eat. There was much less choice overall.
- Beautiful presentationsHeathyEaterVIPDined on 12/28/2011Upscale, lush Italian decor with lovely booths and a fireplace, but comfortable. Was almost empty, though, on a Wednesday night. Menu had ample choices but not overwhelming and there were several vegetarian items and even a vegan entree, which we appreciated. Food beautifully presented and delicious. However, like most places, there was too much emphasis on fried and oily. The gnocchi appetizer was deep-fried, which was a surprise. My salad, ordered without dressing, was a lovely deconstructed creation of endive and vegetables, still came with a pesto oil ring all around the plate. The vegetarian bean soup was delicious, but came with an oil-soaked deep fried slice of bread. We split the vegan pasta and still had enough for another meal.
- Food and drinks very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Food and drinks very good - only negative was that the wild rice could have been more flavorful. Service was second to none. Decor looked tired, could use an update.
- Because the Christmas mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Because the Christmas meal was served buffet-style, there were dishes that remained on their sterno heater and were overcooked. Some of the dishes were splattering away. If I go to another buffet, I will plan to make reservations for the first seating of the day. Overall, I thought it a very nice meal and experience. The Loews is lovely.
- We orderded our dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2011We orderded our dinner at around 8:15 pm and didn't get the entree till an hour later. Was told he inputted the wrong fish and saw it was being made wrong so he had to get a new one made. All the while the chicken sat in the hot lights cooking more. Chicken was dry and fish had no taste. Not what I expected.
- Good bread, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2011Good bread, good service. Entrees were good but not worth the price. Romantic setting for a date.Special Features:
- Instead of an entree I orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2011Instead of an entree I ordered two appetizers--the mediterranean salad with ahi tuna and the crab cake--both were wonderful and I had enough left for the next day!