1350 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscanawest.net/
- Phone: 2022897300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 11:30am-10:30pm Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm
Sunday: Closed, except for Private Functions
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Luciano D'Avanzo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have many beautiful party rooms, two with private bars & fireplaces. Call Mallory Finnegan at 202-289-8843 for reservations/questions/menus. Images and details are on our Private Dining page.
- Private Party Facilities: With it's lively elegance of marble & mahogany, Tuscana West boasts more private dining space and unique layouts, private bars & fireplaces--ideal for any type of occasion for 2 to 300 guests! Great variety & range of menus with seasoned staff--no room rental fees--ideal for any event.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Wilkinson 8889259945
- Entertainment: Live Piano nearly every evening, Live Opera arias monthly(2nd Saturday of each month), Occasional Tango and Jazz nights! Please call or check website for details. COMPLIMENTARY CHAMPAGNE AND TIRAMISU CAKE for special occasions such as BIRTHDAYS, ANNIVERSARY, RETIREMENTS, ETC.
- Special Events: Please check our website for current Special Events--we have many!!
A word from Tuscana West
Sophisticated & dramatic, Tuscana West delights guests with its lively elegance of marble & mahogany with an exciting open-air kitchen. Four open dining areas, two with cozy fireplaces, and a stylized patio are perfect for a romantic evening, rehearsal dinner, other special celebrations or executive power lunch.Continued
Tuscana West offers the warm-hearted wines & foods of Tuscany & Northern Italy & the inviting flavors of sunny Mediterranean Southern Italy.
Tuscana West offers the warm-hearted wines & foods of Tuscany & Northern Italy & the inviting flavors of sunny Mediterranean Southern Italy.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuscana West reviews from OpenTable diners
- Doors shut downVandyDined on 2/14/2014According to the web site the restaurant is shut down, so I decided to trust the website and not go to the restaurant. However Open table would not allow me to cancel the reservation, because the restaurants server is down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed DownNYCVisitorDined on 2/11/2014Arrived at the restaurant to a shuttered building. They went out of business 48 hours before I arrived with no notice.
- Gone, man.....gone!DickDined on 2/11/2014It was cold and windy outside; and the doors were locked. We asked next door and found that Tuscana West had closed its doors about 5 days earlier. Before freezing to death, we found an acceptable alternate. There was no indication if they had moved or simply quit the business. There was no email or text indicating to us that we needed to make different plans. We know things like this happen -- but we would appreciate Open Table having a way to reach out to clients and advise them -- like the airlines do when there is a gate change of flight schedule change or cancellation. Need that tool!
- Closed Feb 5 despite acceptingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Closed Feb 5 despite accepting our reservation for Feb 8
- Showed up for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014Showed up for my birthday dinner all to find the place closed. OUT OF BUSINESS!
- There was a big problem!MarthaDined on 2/6/2014We went to the restaurant and it was all locked up with a notice on the door about them not paying their lease, or that their lease was up, or something. No one notified us of the situation. We were very disappointed.
- good food, quiet placelifeisgoodVIPDined on 2/4/2014The snapper, served over a bed of spinach, was fresh and wonderful. The service was attentive but unobtrusive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehJW09Dined on 1/31/2014We went to this restaurant because the menu looked so good online. My husband had ravioli with sage butter sauce that was no more than just butter & oil and had no taste. I had the arribiata which was ok - definitely no spice to it at all. The service was pretty bad - we had 2 different servers with no personality. Everything came out very quicky- too quickly, really. There was no lingering over a good meal as we had intended to do. The bright side was that after dinner we went to the bar to enjoy the piano player. The bartender was all the waiters were not. Friendly, helpful and conversational. After a bit, my husband was hungry after barely touching his dinner so he ordered a small pizza which was ok but way too much garlic.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner SpotKEArionDined on 1/31/2014Tuscana West is a nice Italian restaurant that is great for a romantic dinner or a special get-together with friends. The service and food are good, and the location is great since it's right next to the McPherson Square metro stop. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner once again atdcvisitorDined on 1/27/2014Great dinner once again at Tuscana west. Carpaccio excellent and homemade pastas very good. Some traditional dishes with a bit of twist -- tri color lasagne. Modestly price basic wines available or more expensive as well. Great for a lunch or dinner meeting or fun quiet social dinnerSpecial Features:
- Good ChoiceFeldaTDined on 1/18/2014The Restaurant menu was good! They had several different type of choices. We went for the strip steak, spinach and potato which was excellent. The appetizer of shrimp was good too and the chessecase dessert was delicious! Overall it as a good dinining experience. It was my first time there, but I had heard good things about this restaurant and it lived up to it's reputation.Special Features:
- Good restaurant week experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Went for restaurant week and enjoyed the food and experience. If I was normally dining there not at a discounted rate I would have been disappointed by the size of the portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEJDdayOutDined on 1/11/2014There for a special dinner for a friend and Tuscana West made it wonderful. The staff, opera singers and chef get a standing ovation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Washington Opera gemBabcockDined on 1/11/2014Convenient location, lovely setting,good food and service, special treat Sat. night with opera singing; early menu (Sunrise Menu 4:30-6:30 pm) good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe I hit a bad night, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/6/2014Maybe I hit a bad night, but I found Tuscana mediocre at best. It all started with their being out of carpaccio! I mean an Italian restaurant that is out of carpaccio? They were also out of a wine that I selected--at least the waiter offered me a pricier bottle substitute for the same price of my original choice. Tried a special appetizer of skewered lamb that was overdone and tough. Then I had the lobster ravioli--okay, but nothing to write home about. So overall I was disappointed by Tuscana. Too bad because the atmosphere is warm and comfortable. But there is much better Italian food elsewhere in town.
- Worse Italian Food EvergfamilyDined on 1/4/2014I highly recommend not going here. The food was cold and not edible and my family could not get out quick enough. The calamari was hard cold rubber, mozzarella was bought frozen and the lobster ravioli my brother had to swallow whole because he thought sand was in it.
- Keep doing what you have been doingRalphDined on 12/31/2013Thank you for a delightful, festive New Year's Eve dinner. The food was prepared exquisitely and there was more than we could finish. Service was a bit rushed at first, then settled into a relaxed and pleasant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013A perfect evening as I treated a special friend. She love it and I will definitely be back. I have lived in downtown dC for 10 years and just discovered the is "old world" gem. Live piano music was an unexpected treat and the "price point" makes this a great special occasion as well as regular place to drop in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My parents' favorite in DCDCVegVIPDined on 12/24/2013I took my parents to lunch here on Christmas Eve and Tuscana West set the standard for the remainder of the week. The food was exceptional and the servers attentive. My stepfather was really pleased with the wine our server selected (and it was reasonably priced). We used a Groupon which made the meal a true bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TripWorldWideCriticDined on 12/20/2013I was in DC for a couple of days and the location was convenient to where I was staying. I met up with some old friends there and we loved it. Great place. A little on the expensive side but what isn't in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great meal, and slowOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/17/2013Not a great meal, and slow service with no explanation.
- Mixed bagDianapVIPDined on 12/14/2013Started off with a wobbly table...pretended we were on a cruise. The we were informed they were out of the special. Ordered scotch...they were out if Mc Callen. Then ordered wine...guess what...they just sold the last bottle ! So they gave us a "free extra bottle" if the one we ordered. It was as mediocre as the first one. The food was ok, but not exceptional. All in all, just mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and server were goodTrinityVIPDined on 12/13/2013Food and server were good but we had to wait more than 30 minutes after our reservation for the table. The host was rude and unapologetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please don't bother going here.PoufsDined on 12/7/2013Horrible service. The waiter ignored us and then rushed us when he did show up, saying that we'd need to hurry up and decide what we wanted to eat so that we could leave before the establishment turned into a night club. He tried to make me order when my partner was in the restroom, and when I refused, he said, "Well, when is he going to be back?" I told him that it was none of my business nor his when he would be finished in the washroom. Once he returned to take our orders he told me that his last display was because he was stressed and that I needed to "calm down" even though I had not said anything to him. Our food was mediocre- the pizzas were soggy, but looked like they had good potential. We were rushed out, tables removed around us.
- Wonderful tuna, great pasta.jgronerVIPDined on 12/5/2013Wonderful tuna, great pasta. Great chianti. Service much slower than usual this time. Still among my favorites.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!KevinGVIPDined on 12/4/2013This place is consistent with great food and service, add in the piano and you have a great evening every time. Great Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscana West is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/3/2013Tuscana West is consistently excellent. The food is delicious, and the service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service not, live piano!AMTuringDined on 11/23/2013The food was well prepared and authentic Italian. Most of the staff seemed to be Italian. In spite of the large staff we had trouble getting attention and they seemed a little unconcerned. They had several rooms for large groups. The highlight of the restaurant is a live piano player in the evening. The playing was good the night we were there. There is a large bar next to the piano, and I it would be a good place for a few drinks and soaking up the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating1SueBVIPDined on 11/20/2013I requested a quiet table because one member of our party is hard-of-hearing. It has gotten so hard to find quiet restaurants in DC. They seated our group of 7 in the farthest back room away from the bar. It was perfect. The service, wine & food were excellent.Special Features:
- Service was poor. Veal chopsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2013Service was poor. Veal chops was on the menu but waiter told me I could not order because they took too long to cook. My second selection was also unavailable. My food was just ok - very disappointing.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/15/2013I've been here several times for lunch and love the food here! Great service and great food!Special Features:
- Great Food!60nluvnitDined on 11/15/2013We went for lunch and waiter was wonderful and attentive. Food was delicious. Really enjoyed everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I dined with a friend earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/11/2013I dined with a friend early evening on a week night. We were well tended but unhurried. My water glass was kept full unobtrusively. We both enjoyed our food, and for what we ordered, the check was reasonable. I would not hesitate to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in Service and FoodEaterVIPDined on 11/6/2013We were a party of 8. When members of the party arrived, they were seated at two different tables in two different rooms, out of sight of one another. When the Maitre D figured this out, he moved one set to join the other. One set had been offered drinks, the other were not, not even water. After joining the two groups, no one was offered drinks, menus or water. Service proceeded unevenly and when the meal arrived, it was disappointing.
- Thought this was going toPwamDined on 11/1/2013Thought this was going to be more of an authentic Italian dining experience but we were disappointed. The service was good but the food was very average and overpriced for the quality. The pasta was not very flavorful and the chicken was dry and tasted more like something reheated from the freezer. The atmosphere was confusing. The space is large and disjointed. With so many other good Italian restaurants in DC to choose from we would pass on this one.
- Good Local EaterySyd34Dined on 11/1/2013While visiting DC we asked the hotel for a good local place to eat and they suggested Tuscana West. We were staying at the Crown Plaza and this was only a five minute walk from our front door. The menu had lots to choose from, good wine list, tasty meals, attentive staff, lots of space and comfortable seating. Lots of various diners from large groups of 14 to small tables for two. Had outdoor eating as well, but a bit cool that evening to do so. We would definitely return if in that area.Special Features:
- Request for quiet tableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2013My only complaint would be that I requested a quiet table and we were seated in a busy area between other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscana West stands outBobFromOhioVIPDined on 10/29/2013While I've walked past Tuscana West many times on previous trips to DC, this was my first visit for dinner, but it will definitely not be my last. On a recent visit, with Manager Ciro as my server, I started my meal with the best gnocchi (in pesto sauce) that I've had in years, ate a wonderful and unusual veal scaloppine in lemon wine sauce topped with a vegetable pate for my main course, and ended the meal with a light panna cotta. The ambiance, food, and service were excellent -- but Tuscana West definitely stands out in downtown DC's competitive dining environment. I'll definitely be a repeat customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place with great foodrani15mdDined on 10/26/2013The service and the food were both great. It has a beauitful ambiance! It was a little loud for our taste, but then agian it was a Saturday night. I would have liked it a little more quiet, but overall a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleLeilaleilaaDined on 10/25/2013Don't make a reservation here for 9pm or later on a Friday... Apparently it turns into a "club" and they rush you out so they can remove tables. Terrible service.