67 Main Street
Salem, NH 03079Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscanbrands.com/
- Phone: (603) 952-4875
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday | 11:30am – 9pm
Wednesday – Saturday | 11:30am – 10pm
Sunday | 12pm – 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Brenner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tuscan Market offers Catering!
Our exquisite catering featuring: Antipasto platters, a wonderful variety of homemade pastas prepared with our own signature sauces, Cooked Roasts, Tuscan market sides, and a selection of Tuscan Market Miniature desserts.
Call and place your order for Tuscan Market Catering today!
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy genuine Italian hospitality for your next celebration or meeting.
Our experienced hospitality team will skillfully coordinate all aspects of planning social events, family gatherings, weddings or business meetings. Tuscan Kitchen is not a function facility. We are different. Our finely appointed event spaces are designed to offer intimate spaces to entertain your guests with exceptional service, artisan cuisine and a beautiful, tasteful environment. Our chef will custom design a menu for each guest’s individual needs, budget and taste. We don’t offer standard, one-size fits-all function menus. We create personalized menus and an event program that features the same artisan cuisine we serve in our dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Edwin Santana 603-458-7203x
- Special Events: For inquiries on Private Dining and Special Events please contact Edwin Santana at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-458-7203.
A word from Tuscan Kitchen
This rustic Italian eatery features an open-kitchen dining space offering guests a truly authentic experience. Tuscan Kitchen celebrates scratch Italian cuisine in every way. From hand made pastas, to fresh baked Artisan Breads to home made gelato, the chefs at Tuscan kitchen will arouse the senses with the sights, aromas and animation of an Italian kitchen. Custom details include: imported pasta machines, wood-fired ovens, a meat rotisserie, decorative detailing, strategically located fireplaces and cozy dining spaces. The dining room can seat over 200 and the outdoor pergola/patio will accommodate seasonal dining for 60 guests. Additionally, private dining and function space will bring hospitality to new heights in the Southern New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts market. Discriminating guests will enjoy Tuscan Kitchen"s extensive wine collection featuring a 4000 bottle wine cellar with 50 seats for that special private dining event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tuscan Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Salem, NH ›
Tuscan Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)fit for foodies (124)good for groups (91)romantic (90)notable wine list (78)neighborhood gem (62)hot spot (42)great for lunch (37)vibrant bar scene (37)great for outdoor dining (25)great for brunch (10)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Birthday girlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Our first visit , delicious food and wonderful waitress , definitely will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proffesional stand, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014It is overwhelmingly necessary to make a reservation. A party of 3 at 5:45 on a Saturday night were given a wait time of approximately and hour and a half. The service was great and the food was even better. Definitely a good place for a romantic evening or just a nice night out. Recommended too all for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Upscale Italian in Salem, NHBrewBatDined on 11/15/2014We have come here several times. Its never been a bad experience. Its pricier than Olive Garden but its fresh, home made product. Everything is very well made. It all tastes wonderful. The service is very good. The gelato is excellent. No complaints. Get a reservation!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014My wife and I don't get to go out that often but every time we go to Tuscan Kitchen we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!jrat88Dined on 11/8/2014Delicious food, great service. Pricey but worth every penny!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceluvItalianDined on 11/7/2014We had to wait little bit even though we had a reservation, but the wait was worth it. From the time we sat down till the end of our meal, our waitress was the best. She explained everything and had great patience with us as we could make our mind up. She knew her stuff. Kudos!! I just wish I could remember her name. We sat at the kitchen bar. Now to the food, the best Italian food I have had in a long time, so fresh and yummy.Special Features:
- abbaDabbaDined on 11/7/2014Food was outstanding; somewhat noisy; great wine; nice ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Italian Dining ExperienceSuzerevuzeDined on 11/5/2014Tuscan Kitchen is a firm favorite, whether celebrating special occasions or a casual evening catching up with friends. The food is delicious, the staff always courteous and attentive. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNewtoconcordVIPDined on 11/2/2014The week the Burlington location opened, I went in for a takeout sandwich. The eggplant was great the bread was so average I tossed it. The chips were pretty good. On Saturday we went for dinner (again to the Burlington location). Bread was ok, oil was fine. You could tell the wait staff was still trying to figure out what they were doing, what the table numbers were, who was going to do what etc. Caesar salad was very good. My mother hand a veal pasta dish. Half was good, the other half was all fat and gristle. My gnocchi was pretty good. Truffle fries were average...the truffle and toppings were good, fries were so so. They need to step it up to compete with other great restaurants in Burlington.
- Very accommodatingDarla4hlDined on 11/1/2014The Tuscan kitchen never disappoints. The food and ambiance are always wonderful. A great place to meet friends or spend a romantic evening. The wait staff are very accommodating and very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!nomnomDined on 10/31/2014We ordered the calamari appetizer, filet entree, cod entree, and a creme brulee. The dinner was absolutely delicious. Service was so-so, we were left hanging on several occasions and didn't place our dinner until after our appetizer was done. Also, I accidentally left my left over cod there and no one came running after us which was too bad. Otherwise, food has always been on point here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dress code for guestsDiner7Dined on 10/31/2014Enjoyed our dinner. Food ,wine, service, atmosphere are fine. Disappointed, however, to have spent that much money while sitting adjacent to others not dressed appropriately for such a fine establishment. Tuscan kitchen should identify to whom they want to market.too much an Applebee's crowd atmosphere.
- Fantastic experienceHunter9512Dined on 10/31/2014The food here was just amazing! Our server was fantastic. We had the best time and cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- tastylovedquiltsDined on 10/25/2014great place to go with friends or have a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally reservations!TuckerDined on 10/25/2014I stopped coming here because there's no way I will wait for two hours for table. So was very happy when I went on Open Table and found Tuscan Kitchen. Four of us went on a Saturday night. The food was good, so was the service. We sat upstairs, which was a little cold, but, despite the noise, (and not the place to go for a romantic dinner), we had a good time. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantnhsellerDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I invited a couple newly relocated to NH to dinner and chose Tuscan Kitchen. We couldn't have made a better choice. The food was excellent and our server, Michelle, was attentive, pleasant, and provided outstanding service throughout our meal.Special Features:
- above and beyondTonyDined on 10/25/2014From being there before, a food always sticks to what they know and like once impressed from the first great experience. When an item I knew and loved was not seen on the menu, I asked about its availability and they were able to whip it up. Luckily, it was even better than before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at Tuscan KitchenAnonymousDinerDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I were in the area and stopped in for dinner. We both really enjoyed our meals and will definitely come back. We split the salad special, which was served plated for each of us. Main courses were great, cappuccino to top it off. Everything was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good place for Italian foodDannyMacDined on 10/18/2014As its name suggests this is the place for a great selection of well made Tuscan style cooking. Home made pasta and slow roasted meats. Everything is good. Service and ambience is good. The only negative is the noise level. It is a bit high. This place is very popular so make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeDenise51Dined on 10/18/2014Our server forgot our wine, she took a very long time to wait on us. It was a busy Saturday night, but appeared not to have enough staff as she was NOT attentive to us. We asked for a refill on water & it never came. The first time she poured our water glasses. She constantly rubbed the spout on the water pitcher w/her fingers ECH! Our special birthday cake arrived with chocolate after I special ordered a cake with NO chocolate as my guest is ALLERGIC. Last time!Special Features:
- Everyone once in a whiledouggefreshvtDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I frequent Tuscan Kitchen and I would say in general we love it. About every 5th trip, they seem to lay an egg with either food or service. It was food in this instance. I had the Steak Florentine with the huge tomahawk. Unfortunately, there was so much rosemary on the steak it tasted sort of like a pine cone. Underneath all that rosemary the steak was great, but this was either an error or the menu needs a little work. Most people don't like rosemary, nevermind this much of it. You would have to LOVE it for this to be palatable. My wife had the scampi. The shrimp didn't taste right - I'm not sure why but they were just off. Everything else was good. We'll come back, but I don't think I'll spend $44 on the ribeye again.Special Features:
- A memorable first visit!KathyDined on 10/16/2014I enjoyed my first visit to Tuscan Kitchen from start to finish. The decor is beautiful, the service was impeccable, and the food was amazing! I was already planning my second visit before I came in this week, and am now very much looking forward to my next visit. I've been wanting to try TK in Salem for the last year, so was very happy to learn that you were coming to Burlington! Looking forward to many delicious dinners and great experiences there!Special Features:
- Slipping down a notchPeggydDined on 10/15/2014Have always loved this place and coveted every meal. I feel slipping in quality and certainly in portion size. Our appetizer came out cold, my pasta dish way over salted and though I ordered a full portion (so I could have lunch the next day), it seemed more like the half portion that I've ordered in the past.Special Features:
- Very nice placePastaloverDined on 10/14/2014I would recommend the Tuscan Kitchen for a special night out; the wine list is incredible and the atmosphere relaxing. The staff always smile and treat you like an old friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passing through SalemTessDined on 10/13/2014Found the restaurant on my phone navigation system on our way home from "leaf peeping". It said $$ for price but its more like $$$$. ( Dinner for the 2 of us was $200). Other than the sticker shock, the food was outstanding. Its a little noisy and that led to some confusion with our orders (water versus tonic water and beet salad versus caprese salad) but everything was corrected quickly and effortlessly. We would definitely go again but probably for a special occasion and not just a stop on the way home from a long drive!!Special Features:
- ServiceHungrytravellerDined on 10/12/2014The meal was good, atmosphere was nice, however service was slow. This seemed to be due to the length of time for food preparation, not lack of attention by wait staff.Special Features:
- engagement celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014My husband & i have eaten there before and enjoyed it very much, we took our son and his fiance to celebrate their engagement and it was great.Special Features:
- Great serviceSUESUEDined on 10/12/2014The waiter was exceptional, informative, and has wonderful choices and suggestions.Special Features:
- Very Noisy but the Food is Great!KatLowDined on 10/11/2014My second visit here. This time we were upstairs, which is a bit quieter than downstairs. The food never disappoints. Had the calamari for appetizers and the salmon for dinner. Both were excellent. One in my party had the eggplant tower, which looked amazing and he said it tasted the same. Tuscan Kitchen now has a location in Burlington, MA so I'll be glad to have one closer to me.Special Features:
- Tuscan Kitchen-a great find.SuzerevuzeDined on 10/11/2014We have enjoyed several meals here, including my husband's milestone birthday party last year. The staff are always friendly, courteous and attentive. We usually opt for the pasta dishes, and on one occasion when we couldn't decide, had the option to order a couple of small plates which is a nice way to resolve the dilemma of what to have! Tuscan Kitchen is one of our favorite places to dine, whether it's a spur of the moment dinner for two, enjoying a dinner with friends or a celebration with family/friends. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOnlyMyOpinionDined on 10/11/2014We went for our 5th wedding anniversary. Glad we made reservations. Dined downstairs near the fireplace. Too loud to be able to have a nice dinner. Table was not set correctly. Server spilled honey on the table and my wife's arm. The loud music didn't fit the restaurant theme. College football on the TVs also didn't fit the theme. Food quality and presentation was very good. With the exception of the truffle honey running off the sampler cutting board. Falls short of expectation and hype. Suggestion for you if it's your first time going. Many dishes are available as half size. Try two per person and now you can get a taste of 4 different dishes. That makes finding a favorite that much easier.
- Like being in TuscanySelectiveGourmetDined on 10/11/2014The food was terrific - though I caution against having an appetizer and salad and a main dish! The portions are TOO BIG for all three [smile]. The salads tend to have a bit too much dressing so be sure to tell your server to go "easy" on the salad dressings. Loved the ravioli [mushroom and lobster] - both were terrific. Beware the wine by the glass - $10 for a glass of chianti is WAY overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is real Italian cuisine.JFrazzDined on 10/11/2014Tuscan Kitchen is a large building and you might think it is a run of mill Italian place (Olive Garden, Carraba's) but it is much better than both of them for people that know Chicken Parmesan and Caesar Salad aren't even real Italian fare. The quality of food and ambiance is comparable to a fine Italian restaurant that you would see in Boston or New York but it is much bigger and can accommodate more people. The items on the menu are well thought out and never drenched in heavy cheese sauces so they look toward the southern portion of Italy and everything is made in house or at the store next door. That might be the best part: after you eat, take a walk over to the market and buy the ingredients yourself or watch them make the pasta.Special Features:
- excellent ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014This is one of our favorite resteraunts. Ways enjoy the experience we have here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food extravaganzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014We are regulars here and once again they did not fail to deliver world class food, and great service delivered at the perfect pace. Pizza with their fabulous ricotta and meatballs, eggplant tower, calamari, butternut squash salad, all truly a perfect balance of tastes. So happy they have come to Salem to create such a wonderful place to bring our friends and family. They NEVER fail to amaze us. and by the way we have traveled the WORLD including Italy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wood-fired ovenBob4applesDined on 10/9/2014The Tuscan Kitchen is a step above the standard Italian restaurant. The attention to detail, quality of the furnishings, well trained staff, and beautiful architecture all make the Tuscsn a superior dining experience. The menu is innovative, with unexpected dishes and traditional favorites. The wood fired oven is put to good use, with many dishes tasting much more intense cooked in the oven. The pizza is great, the crust gets a smoky, crunchy texture from the oven. The service was good, checking in and anticipating drinks.Special Features:
- Disappointed to say the leastscottyVIPDined on 10/8/2014The bread-delicious.Restaurant-beautiful.Oysters- perfect. Calamari-just ok.Cheeses-yum.But not everything blended well. The oil we asked for, never came. Oysters didnt come w/ cocktail sauce & waiting to ask someone was a drag. My fiancé never got the side marinara he ordered w/the calamari. Waiting for entrees-too long of a gap. When we got our entrees they weren't hot, or tasty. My pasta and shrimp-sticky & overcooked. My fiancé looked so disappointed & irritated! When I tried to communicate to the server that this night was special to us, and ask for the menu to select something better, she sent the manager over to harass us and make us really uncomfortable. She's lucky I tipped her as if we spent 100$. We left as soon as we could run.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerDotrichDined on 10/7/2014This was the perfect place to celebrate our 30th Anniversary! I love eating out at Italian Restaurants and Tuscan Kitchen is going to the top of my list. Looking forward to checking out the market to be able to cook some of the delectable meals at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014I was hoping for a romantic dinner for our anniversary found that the place was too loud and tables way too close didn't need to hear all conversations around me, food was not as good as anticipated either I got shrimp scampi ,pasta may have been homemade but was overcooked as was the shrimp, overall service was good, it is one of those places that we wanted to try and glad we did but don't feel a burning desire to have to return any time soon. In general overall was just okaySpecial Features:
- nice peoplepamgDined on 10/7/2014I wasn't impressed. I'm a plain jane so it was too fancy food for me. I had shrimp scampi and I didn't like the sause or whatever was on the spaghetti and it was clumped together. I would have preferred just butter. I should of asked for it. But the waitress was wonderful. She explained things if we asked and I heard her telling other people how to order if they didn't understand. Everyone was so friendly. I probably wouldn't go back. The desserts were great and so was the bread. I just didn't care for my meal.