67 Main Street
Salem, NH 03079Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscanbrands.com/
- Phone: 6039524875x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday:
Lunch (Main Dining Room): 11:30am- 3:00pm
Limited Menu (Wine Bar): 3:00pm- 5:00pm
Dinner (Main Dining Room and Wine Bar) 5:00pm- 10:00pm
Sunday Pranzo (Italian Family Style Dining): 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: David Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tuscan Market offers Catering!
Our exquisite catering featuring: Antipasto platters, a wonderful variety of homemade pastas prepared with our own signature sauces, Cooked Roasts, Tuscan market sides, and a selection of Tuscan Market Miniature desserts.
Call and place your order for Tuscan Market Catering today!
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy genuine Italian hospitality for your next celebration or meeting.
Our experienced hospitality team will skillfully coordinate all aspects of planning social events, family gatherings, weddings or business meetings. Tuscan Kitchen is not a function facility. We are different. Our finely appointed event spaces are designed to offer intimate spaces to entertain your guests with exceptional service, artisan cuisine and a beautiful, tasteful environment. Our chef will custom design a menu for each guest’s individual needs, budget and taste. We don’t offer standard, one-size fits-all function menus. We create personalized menus and an event program that features the same artisan cuisine we serve in our dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Perry 6039125467x10
- Special Events: For inquiries on Private Dining and Special Events please contact Michelle Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-952-4875.
A word from Tuscan Kitchen
This rustic Italian eatery features an open-kitchen dining space offering guests a truly authentic experience. Tuscan Kitchen celebrates scratch Italian cuisine in every way. From hand made pastas, to fresh baked Artisan Breads to home made gelato, the chefs at Tuscan kitchen will arouse the senses with the sights, aromas and animation of an Italian kitchen. Custom details include: imported pasta machines, wood-fired ovens, a meat rotisserie, decorative detailing, strategically located fireplaces and cozy dining spaces. The dining room can seat over 200 and the outdoor pergola/patio will accommodate seasonal dining for 60 guests. Additionally, private dining and function space will bring hospitality to new heights in the Southern New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts market. Discriminating guests will enjoy Tuscan Kitchen"s extensive wine collection featuring a 4000 bottle wine cellar with 50 seats for that special private dining event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tuscan Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Salem, NH ›
Tuscan Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)fit for foodies (122)good for groups (92)romantic (86)notable wine list (85)neighborhood gem (70)hot spot (48)great for lunch (44)great for outdoor dining (35)vibrant bar scene (33)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- A very good place for Italian foodDannyMacDined on 10/18/2014As its name suggests this is the place for a great selection of well made Tuscan style cooking. Home made pasta and slow roasted meats. Everything is good. Service and ambience is good. The only negative is the noise level. It is a bit high. This place is very popular so make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeDenise51Dined on 10/18/2014Our server forgot our wine, she took a very long time to wait on us. It was a busy Saturday night, but appeared not to have enough staff as she was NOT attentive to us. We asked for a refill on water & it never came. The first time she poured our water glasses. She constantly rubbed the spout on the water pitcher w/her fingers ECH! Our special birthday cake arrived with chocolate after I special ordered a cake with NO chocolate as my guest is ALLERGIC. Last time!Special Features:
- Everyone once in a whiledouggefreshvtDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I frequent Tuscan Kitchen and I would say in general we love it. About every 5th trip, they seem to lay an egg with either food or service. It was food in this instance. I had the Steak Florentine with the huge tomahawk. Unfortunately, there was so much rosemary on the steak it tasted sort of like a pine cone. Underneath all that rosemary the steak was great, but this was either an error or the menu needs a little work. Most people don't like rosemary, nevermind this much of it. You would have to LOVE it for this to be palatable. My wife had the scampi. The shrimp didn't taste right - I'm not sure why but they were just off. Everything else was good. We'll come back, but I don't think I'll spend $44 on the ribeye again.Special Features:
- A memorable first visit!KathyDined on 10/16/2014I enjoyed my first visit to Tuscan Kitchen from start to finish. The decor is beautiful, the service was impeccable, and the food was amazing! I was already planning my second visit before I came in this week, and am now very much looking forward to my next visit. I've been wanting to try TK in Salem for the last year, so was very happy to learn that you were coming to Burlington! Looking forward to many delicious dinners and great experiences there!Special Features:
- Slipping down a notchPeggydDined on 10/15/2014Have always loved this place and coveted every meal. I feel slipping in quality and certainly in portion size. Our appetizer came out cold, my pasta dish way over salted and though I ordered a full portion (so I could have lunch the next day), it seemed more like the half portion that I've ordered in the past.Special Features:
- Very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014I would recommend the Tuscan Kitchen for a special night out; the wine list is incredible and the atmosphere relaxing. The staff always smile and treat you like an old friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passing through SalemTessDined on 10/13/2014Found the restaurant on my phone navigation system on our way home from "leaf peeping". It said $$ for price but its more like $$$$. ( Dinner for the 2 of us was $200). Other than the sticker shock, the food was outstanding. Its a little noisy and that led to some confusion with our orders (water versus tonic water and beet salad versus caprese salad) but everything was corrected quickly and effortlessly. We would definitely go again but probably for a special occasion and not just a stop on the way home from a long drive!!Special Features:
- ServiceHungrytravellerDined on 10/12/2014The meal was good, atmosphere was nice, however service was slow. This seemed to be due to the length of time for food preparation, not lack of attention by wait staff.Special Features:
- engagement celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014My husband & i have eaten there before and enjoyed it very much, we took our son and his fiance to celebrate their engagement and it was great.Special Features:
- Great serviceSUESUEDined on 10/12/2014The waiter was exceptional, informative, and has wonderful choices and suggestions.Special Features:
- Very Noisy but the Food is Great!KatLowDined on 10/11/2014My second visit here. This time we were upstairs, which is a bit quieter than downstairs. The food never disappoints. Had the calamari for appetizers and the salmon for dinner. Both were excellent. One in my party had the eggplant tower, which looked amazing and he said it tasted the same. Tuscan Kitchen now has a location in Burlington, MA so I'll be glad to have one closer to me.Special Features:
- Tuscan Kitchen-a great find.SuzerevuzeDined on 10/11/2014We have enjoyed several meals here, including my husband's milestone birthday party last year. The staff are always friendly, courteous and attentive. We usually opt for the pasta dishes, and on one occasion when we couldn't decide, had the option to order a couple of small plates which is a nice way to resolve the dilemma of what to have! Tuscan Kitchen is one of our favorite places to dine, whether it's a spur of the moment dinner for two, enjoying a dinner with friends or a celebration with family/friends. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOnlyMyOpinionDined on 10/11/2014We went for our 5th wedding anniversary. Glad we made reservations. Dined downstairs near the fireplace. Too loud to be able to have a nice dinner. Table was not set correctly. Server spilled honey on the table and my wife's arm. The loud music didn't fit the restaurant theme. College football on the TVs also didn't fit the theme. Food quality and presentation was very good. With the exception of the truffle honey running off the sampler cutting board. Falls short of expectation and hype. Suggestion for you if it's your first time going. Many dishes are available as half size. Try two per person and now you can get a taste of 4 different dishes. That makes finding a favorite that much easier.
- Like being in TuscanySelectiveGourmetDined on 10/11/2014The food was terrific - though I caution against having an appetizer and salad and a main dish! The portions are TOO BIG for all three [smile]. The salads tend to have a bit too much dressing so be sure to tell your server to go "easy" on the salad dressings. Loved the ravioli [mushroom and lobster] - both were terrific. Beware the wine by the glass - $10 for a glass of chianti is WAY overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is real Italian cuisine.JFrazzDined on 10/11/2014Tuscan Kitchen is a large building and you might think it is a run of mill Italian place (Olive Garden, Carraba's) but it is much better than both of them for people that know Chicken Parmesan and Caesar Salad aren't even real Italian fare. The quality of food and ambiance is comparable to a fine Italian restaurant that you would see in Boston or New York but it is much bigger and can accommodate more people. The items on the menu are well thought out and never drenched in heavy cheese sauces so they look toward the southern portion of Italy and everything is made in house or at the store next door. That might be the best part: after you eat, take a walk over to the market and buy the ingredients yourself or watch them make the pasta.Special Features:
- excellent ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014This is one of our favorite resteraunts. Ways enjoy the experience we have here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food extravaganzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014We are regulars here and once again they did not fail to deliver world class food, and great service delivered at the perfect pace. Pizza with their fabulous ricotta and meatballs, eggplant tower, calamari, butternut squash salad, all truly a perfect balance of tastes. So happy they have come to Salem to create such a wonderful place to bring our friends and family. They NEVER fail to amaze us. and by the way we have traveled the WORLD including Italy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wood-fired ovenBob4applesDined on 10/9/2014The Tuscan Kitchen is a step above the standard Italian restaurant. The attention to detail, quality of the furnishings, well trained staff, and beautiful architecture all make the Tuscsn a superior dining experience. The menu is innovative, with unexpected dishes and traditional favorites. The wood fired oven is put to good use, with many dishes tasting much more intense cooked in the oven. The pizza is great, the crust gets a smoky, crunchy texture from the oven. The service was good, checking in and anticipating drinks.Special Features:
- Disappointed to say the leastscottyVIPDined on 10/8/2014The bread-delicious.Restaurant-beautiful.Oysters- perfect. Calamari-just ok.Cheeses-yum.But not everything blended well. The oil we asked for, never came. Oysters didnt come w/ cocktail sauce & waiting to ask someone was a drag. My fiancé never got the side marinara he ordered w/the calamari. Waiting for entrees-too long of a gap. When we got our entrees they weren't hot, or tasty. My pasta and shrimp-sticky & overcooked. My fiancé looked so disappointed & irritated! When I tried to communicate to the server that this night was special to us, and ask for the menu to select something better, she sent the manager over to harass us and make us really uncomfortable. She's lucky I tipped her as if we spent 100$. We left as soon as we could run.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerDotrichDined on 10/7/2014This was the perfect place to celebrate our 30th Anniversary! I love eating out at Italian Restaurants and Tuscan Kitchen is going to the top of my list. Looking forward to checking out the market to be able to cook some of the delectable meals at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014I was hoping for a romantic dinner for our anniversary found that the place was too loud and tables way too close didn't need to hear all conversations around me, food was not as good as anticipated either I got shrimp scampi ,pasta may have been homemade but was overcooked as was the shrimp, overall service was good, it is one of those places that we wanted to try and glad we did but don't feel a burning desire to have to return any time soon. In general overall was just okaySpecial Features:
- nice peoplepamgDined on 10/7/2014I wasn't impressed. I'm a plain jane so it was too fancy food for me. I had shrimp scampi and I didn't like the sause or whatever was on the spaghetti and it was clumped together. I would have preferred just butter. I should of asked for it. But the waitress was wonderful. She explained things if we asked and I heard her telling other people how to order if they didn't understand. Everyone was so friendly. I probably wouldn't go back. The desserts were great and so was the bread. I just didn't care for my meal.
- Great evening.BenVDined on 10/6/2014I made reservations for six, including two of my college classmates, whom I had rarely seen since we graduated in 1968, and our wives. My wife and I have been to Tuscan Kitchen quite often and love it, and all four of our guests, none of whom is from around here, loved it as well. We had a very early reservation (5:30) because one of the couples was driving to NY immediately after dinner, but we nevertheless lingered at the table until about 8:15, and were shown every courtesy by the wait staff. The food was terrific. It all made for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great atmosphereWineNDineDined on 10/5/2014Booked a table by the fireplace for a special occasion.Next time, I would not sit closest to the wall. The wine list was endless. We chose a bottle of Sangiovese, which was a great choice. We ordered the SALUMI E FORMAGGI app. If you like fresh prosciutto, cheeses and honey, this tapas was fresh and delish. For dinner I had CAPPELLACCI SALAD with Wood Grilled Salmon, one of my favorite dishes. I've had it before; the butternut squash cappellacci was a perfect selection for this time of year. My date had the ROASTED WILD MUSHROOM RAVIOLI, which was also very tasty. I would recommend the Tuscan Kitchen to anyone. I've never had a meal that wasn't tasty and the service was also very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Very noisy, not energetic, ( your choices for noise level are not appropriate as site does not reflect the noise level properly) and food not worth the price. Only really good thing was bread & possibly the salad.
- Amazing food and atmosphereYummmDined on 10/4/2014Amazinghad a gift card so my boyfriend and I went. The food was absolutely amazing. Everything is homemade there and you could definitely tell, it was like eating in the north end. Our waitress was very knowledgeable on the menu and very helpful. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a fun eveningbiccaDined on 10/4/2014We have been to Tuscan Kitchen a number of times but on Saturday we took friends who were new to the area. It was a wonderful evening. The service was wonderful and the food was great. Everyone loved that you could get 1/2 orders of pasta so we all got to try a number of things. After dinner we went to the market and stocked up. Saturdays can be tough at Tuscan because its so popular but we went a little early and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,Very BusyRC310Dined on 10/4/2014I really enjoy the food at Tuscan Kitchen. North end type food in NH. Being Gluten Free and able to have homemade pasta that is good is always a great experience. Going on the weekend can be a bit frustrating if you are not prepared to wait. The waitstaff are always knowledgable and nice but service is on the slower side and you can expect to be there for at least 2-3 hours. The weekends are also on the noiser side due to all the people. On the weekdays it's not as busy and service is a little quicker, but this is true in most resturants. Overall if you are looking for some yummy food in Southern NH, it's a good place to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon Appetit!YummyeatsDined on 10/4/2014Homemade pasta, breads, desserts are all scrumptious. Standouts are the lobster ravioli and eggplant tower, as well as the ciabatta bread and tiramisu. Lovely fireside dining or al fresco tables in good weather, outdoor arbor for pictures, separate group accommodations for events in the wine cellar, professional service, and the Tuscan Market across the parking lot selling all the pastas, breads, sauces, & desserts make this a winner. It does get busy, so reservations are recommended.Special Features:
- The place to be!AwesomeDined on 10/3/2014The food is fabulous. I like the open table format versus calling in three hours ahead of time. I also like the half order option because two of us got two each in order to try more things on the menu.Special Features:
- DisappointingJerseyGirlDined on 10/3/2014Heard wonderful things about this place so we drove 1/2 hour to check it out. Overall very disappointing. Our server sounded like a very annoying kindergarten teacher. "Have we made a decision? Do we have any questions? How do we like everything?" Then she got pretty much everything wrong from our drinks to our entrees. Lime in a drink when we asked for none, salt on the rim when we said no, asparagus instead of spinach as requested. The food was pretty underwhelming. One lone anchovy on the Caesar salad, totally weak & bland Caesar dressing, and clam pizza with no flavor. We had high hopes & the menu looked incredible but based on this experience we probably won't return. On a positive note, our salad & pizza were taken off the bill.
- Almost PerfectKhoalbDined on 10/3/2014I took my husband here for our 1 year anniversary and was very pleased. They seated us by the fireplace, the service was excellent, and the food was amazing. The sauce for the shrimp scampi was different from what I'm used to, but it was good. I also had the salmon and sweet potatoes, and those sweet potatoes were by far the best I've ever had. My husband got a steak, which was also really good. They ended up giving us free dessert for our anniversary, which was very much appreciated. The meal was definitely very pricey, but the experience was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Went for dinner with my husband to celebrate our birthdays on a Saturday night. We did have reservations for 7:15, but they were running behind. We were called to be seated at 7:30 so the wait wasn't long. The restaurant was very loud and it was very difficult to talk, but the host staff was very welcoming and courteous, Our waitress, Michelle, was fabulous and the food was outstanding. I would recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- First timerJustalittlewineDined on 9/27/2014Having read several reviews over the past two years, I was eager to give this venue a try. I can't say I was disappointed because the food for my date was delicious, but my dish was just lacking shall we say. The appetizer was delicious and the service was excellent, but the noise level was a little elevated for my taste. Have to say the ambiance was OK, but a little bit dark. Overall , I would go back again and simply try another dish. Desert was great.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/26/2014We have been here before and have had a positive experience. We were disappointed this time with our food.I had the bolognese pasta. The pasta was cooked perfectly but the sauce was off. It tasted sour, as though it was from a pot of sauce in which the bottom of the sauce pan had burned. It upset my stomach. My husband had the lobster ravioli. He said it was good but he found there was too much caramelized onion sauce. He also got an upset stomach. We won"t be coming back here soon. Its really too bad. We like the atmosphere and the menu choices are interesting.
- Great for special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The Tuscan Kitchen provided a memorable birthday celebration. Both the food and the service were great. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just greatExcellentDined on 9/25/2014Everything was perfect. 21st anniversary dinner. Sat at the kitchen bar. Excellent service. The oysters were great and the lobster dinner was fabulous. Just a great experience. They open the Burlington,MA location next Monday.Special Features:
- Food for ThoughtFreddyDined on 9/21/2014We had a wonderful time at the Tuscan Kitchen, I had been there once before and loved everything. I invited another couple to join us this time. We all had the Sunday special...............The Pranza. It was great and plentiful. We were thinking about all the fun we had on a trip to Italy being there. My friend, who never drinks wine, thought she must have wine to enjoy the entire atmosphere and food. Of course we left with a goodie bag. Highly recommend this place.............................Service is always awesome too!Special Features:
- Expected moreBday4DaughterDadDined on 9/19/2014At $50 per person (no alcohol), I had high expectations for the food. Unfortunately, it was about the same as Olive Garden. Apps were reasonable. Pasta entrées were average. Skirt steak entrée was above average. I'd try it one more time before I crossed it off my list.
- LieandraVIPDined on 9/18/2014Always love it here! Best Italian food in NH. I like that they have half portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.