67 Main Street
Salem, NH 03079Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscanbrands.com/
- Phone: 6039524875x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday:
Lunch (Main Dining Room): 11:30am- 3:00pm
Limited Menu (Wine Bar): 3:00pm- 5:00pm
Dinner (Main Dining Room and Wine Bar) 5:00pm- 10:00pm
Sunday Pranzo (Italian Family Style Dining): 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: David Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tuscan Market offers Catering!
Our exquisite catering featuring: Antipasto platters, a wonderful variety of homemade pastas prepared with our own signature sauces, Cooked Roasts, Tuscan market sides, and a selection of Tuscan Market Miniature desserts.
Call and place your order for Tuscan Market Catering today!
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy genuine Italian hospitality for your next celebration or meeting.
Our experienced hospitality team will skillfully coordinate all aspects of planning social events, family gatherings, weddings or business meetings. Tuscan Kitchen is not a function facility. We are different. Our finely appointed event spaces are designed to offer intimate spaces to entertain your guests with exceptional service, artisan cuisine and a beautiful, tasteful environment. Our chef will custom design a menu for each guest’s individual needs, budget and taste. We don’t offer standard, one-size fits-all function menus. We create personalized menus and an event program that features the same artisan cuisine we serve in our dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Perry 6039125467x10
- Special Events: For inquiries on Private Dining and Special Events please contact Michelle Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-952-4875.
A word from Tuscan Kitchen
This rustic Italian eatery features an open-kitchen dining space offering guests a truly authentic experience. Tuscan Kitchen celebrates scratch Italian cuisine in every way. From hand made pastas, to fresh baked Artisan Breads to home made gelato, the chefs at Tuscan kitchen will arouse the senses with the sights, aromas and animation of an Italian kitchen. Custom details include: imported pasta machines, wood-fired ovens, a meat rotisserie, decorative detailing, strategically located fireplaces and cozy dining spaces. The dining room can seat over 200 and the outdoor pergola/patio will accommodate seasonal dining for 60 guests. Additionally, private dining and function space will bring hospitality to new heights in the Southern New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts market. Discriminating guests will enjoy Tuscan Kitchen"s extensive wine collection featuring a 4000 bottle wine cellar with 50 seats for that special private dining event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tuscan Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Salem, NH ›
Tuscan Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (151)fit for foodies (111)romantic (95)good for groups (92)notable wine list (87)neighborhood gem (75)great for lunch (61)hot spot (47)great for outdoor dining (40)vibrant bar scene (35)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (10)scenic view (9)Show More
- LieandraVIPDined on 9/18/2014Always love it here! Best Italian food in NH. I like that they have half portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent place to dine. Food is always delicious. However everytime we go they are always out the dessert my husband orders.Special Features:
- A Bit Disappointed!ChrisDined on 9/14/2014Met friends for dinner to help plan our trip to Rome. Have often been to the Tuscan Market and had wanted to try here for a while and thought this was the perfect opportunity. We ordered the Seafood Tower for 4 people and it was pathetic. Three shrimp, three oysters and a half of a very small lobster six mussels and four clams. Very disappointed in this presentation! The waitress was nice but she poured our sparking water into the wine glasses instead of the water glasses and then when pouring our white wine she started to pour into one of the water glasses and had her error pointed out by our friend. She did not offer to give him perhaps even just half a glass of wine to replace what was wasted out of the bottle that we had bought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrDined on 9/13/2014This was my 4th time visiting The Tuscan Kitchen and I was somewhat disappointed. Took a while to get wine. Served to the wrong people at the table. Asked for anchovies on side for Caesar salad and did not get them. Asked for extra sauce for Bolognese and had to ask again. Not the type of service you would expect here especially because it did not seem as crowded as it has in the past. Most disappointing were the two half pasta dishes. Although the flavor was there, the dishes were only slightly warm so not that enjoyable. I should have sent them back but hate doing that at a restaurant. It will be awhile before I think about returning again.Special Features:
- Parking IssuesfoodloverDined on 9/13/2014We had a fantastic evening - the place is great - will definitely go back again !!! My only complaint is the parking. The place is so busy that it can be difficult to find a place to park. What makes matters worse is that they have a HUGE area marked 'additional parking' but having parked there, we then learned that area was for Valet Parking only. I have NO problem with them reserving an area for Valet Parking, but please take down the sign that says 'additional parking' as it is very mis-leading !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I decided to go to Tuscan Kitchen on a whim. We rarely dine at restaurants that do not take reservations but, when I went online to get address and phone, I discovered that they now do take reservations. That was our first happy surprise. We also did not expect the food or service level to be better than just adequate. On the contrary, it was fantastic. The food was great and our waiter was wonderful. So happy we tried Tuscan Kitchen and will definitely return.Special Features:
- DeliciousIlovefoodDined on 9/12/2014The best lobster ravioli this diner has ever had. Fried calamari with the hot peppers was cooked to perfection. Can't wait to go back to try the other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedluvdiningoutDined on 9/12/2014We were a little disappointed in the food on Saturday night. We ordered the meatball appetizer, it came and we thought it might have been reheated. It looked like they had put them under the heat lamp to melt the cheese and they looked over done. They were a little hard as we ate them. We had the fig pizza which was delicious, but only lukewarm. We needed to flag down our waiter numerous times to get another refill. We still love Tuscan so we will be back and hopefully will have a better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationMsPhiliDined on 9/12/2014I took my grandfather to your resteraunt for his 89 th birthday ; it was the most amazing meal I have ever shared with him and my grandmother . From valet to dessert - you set the bar for dining excellence . My 12 year old daughter was enthralled as well . Our server was Paula . She was so kind and informative .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingFrequentDinersDined on 9/11/2014Took the wife and another couple for her birthday. Service was poor, with huge gaps of time between seeing our server that resulted in it taking just under 3 hours to finish our meals. While he was very polite and friendly when we could find him, that's no substitute for good service, especially when you're dropping $300 on dinner. Had to ask bus boys for water refills. I only tipped at all because I believe the busboys and others share, but it was well below the normal 25% I leave for good service. Entrees and the bottle of wine were good, but the wife and I ended up extremely ill for 2 days afterward (starting abruptly late that night), and comparing our entrees and appetizers to the couples' we were with points to bad calamari.
- Business dinner heldnavisiteDined on 9/9/2014Everyone enjoyed their meal. Great wait staff. Fantastic bread.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014This place is amazing from the time you walk into the door we were greeted until we left The service was excellent not too much but just enough very knowledgeable and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waited too long to get there!cuppajoeDined on 9/6/2014We've been putting off going to Tuscan Kitchen for too long - now 4 years in operation we had visited the market a number of times and always found wonderful products. So glad we went - the service was outstanding (thanks Paula) and the restaurant was booming - with a wide range of folks - young families, twenty's, and even some of us oldies. The restaurant is quite large - and a bit noisy, but not uncomfortably so. Very nice presentation (the ambience, the food, the staff) - all in all a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We were ready for a nice dinner out but got seated in the upstairs bar area. Too many televisions and way too loud and busy of a spot to sit unless you are looking for that kind of atmosphere. The service on the second level was bad. My martini sat on the bar getting warm for 10 min before it was served. The upstairs manager did a great recovery job of replacing one dinner that was under portioned. We have dined here several times and have always has a great experience. Perhaps they were short shifted? My advice is do not accept an upstairs table.Special Features:
- Could have more of a menu choiceLikeItalianDined on 9/6/2014My husband likes to go here, but I do not share his opinion. I made a reservation on Open Table (this is the second time; the other time I called them directly). Both times I reserved with Open Table, they sent us upstairs to the second floor where the atmosphere is not as nice as downstairs-makes me think it's because we used Open Table. Also I am not a fan of the menu choices. The food tries to be "fancy", but I find it very "heavy". We have been to their Tuscan Market and I think they have better choices. I don't think we will be returning there any time soon. Also, find it very expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- Once a year dinnerExtraSpecialDined on 9/6/2014We only come to the Tuscan Kitchen once a year to celebrate all of our birthdays and anniversary which all occur within 30 days of each other. We choose The Tuscan Kitchen to make it extra special. We never leave disappointed. The online reservation process was very easy and effective.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceLoveitalianfoodDined on 9/5/2014Plain and simple, great food and service! Celebrating our anniversary and chose to dine here! Was NOT disappointed in all aspects, from ambiance, service, and quality of food and wine! Will come back, again!Special Features:
- Mushroom ravioli is great.NorthEnderDined on 8/31/2014Had mixed reviews with a party of 5. The mushroom ravioli was great. The bread was tasty. The shrimp scampi was so-so. Two in our party had this and the pasta was stuck together in both dishes. Needed to add some red pepper flakes to give it some zing. The pizza was too dry and not enough sauce but perhaps others may like it like that. It was more of a flatbread. For the price we paid, we expected better. Have been before and had the butternut squash ravioli which was good. Service was great but could have had more water refills. Perhaps it was because we were in the corner.
- Would not recommend!murphDined on 8/31/2014Noodles were crunchy and hard and ravioli were flat. No cheese for pastas were offered! Will not go back!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014the food was delicious and very different from other Italian restaurants the waiter was very attentive and helped us a lot in explain the menuSpecial Features:
- sewdelisioso1954Dined on 8/31/2014we would have loved to order from a dinner menu on sunday.. but everything else was wonderful.. the waitress and greeters were very attentive. Prices are on the high side for this area but the quality out ways it.. hats of to the chef..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMsshedonDined on 8/30/2014We booked reservations for 7and arrived 20 minutes early. We checked in and went to go have drink at bar. Once we were notified our table ready we paid bill and went down to get table. The hostess then said she gave our table away. The service throughout was extremely slow took 40 minutes for ostyers. It was disappointing as food once received was delicious.
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Food was top drawer. Waiter was good but appeared to have too many tables so some things were slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good eatsDebandfamDined on 8/25/2014enjoyed our dinner, from bread/olive oil, complimentary app through dinner, to cannoli for dessert...all delicious. Would have liked more pasta/sauce choices. Nice atmosphere and ok service (not exceptional). Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Great MealTuscanTestCaseDined on 8/23/2014Not a typical Italian menu. Great pasta. Good variety. Grateful we had a gift card because prices are on the higher end. This was our first visit. Ate on the bar level which was fairly loud. Enjoyed the food greatly, the environment, not so much. Large selection of meatless entrees & seafood. No specials mentioned which surprised us. Service was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPartsguy53Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent and the service even better. I'll be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Go Backmotherof4Dined on 8/22/2014The ambience was lively great for groups, the staff very attentive and professional. Had the calamari for an app it was fishy and chewy, husband had lobster raviolis they were filled with lobster meat but lacked flavor in the sauce. I had the salmon with sweet potatoes and asparagus which was all so charred and burnt needed to send it back. Waitress agreed and wanted to replace the dish at that point I didn't want anything else. I heard great things about this place I was very disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a visit.NotDigiornoDined on 8/22/2014Service was fast and friendly. Food was well-portioned, prepared and tasted great. Price was reasonable given the limited options for quality dining in the area. I would definitely eat here again and I would recommend a visit to the most discerning friend.Special Features:
- Food wonderful & waiter amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014A group of 4 went out to celebrate my husband's birthday. I was very disappointed. I made a reservation for 7pm the host said I will text you in a few minutes for your table. We waited till 7:30 and then complained. I don't understand what the problem was. We almost left and went somewhere. Luckily our server, Rick was amazing. He had so much knowledge about the food, restaurant, and has an amazing personality. So with that in mind we will come back. But if the guy the host is at the front I will nav concerned if my table with a reservation is not available immediately.Special Features:
- Nice findSalemdineDined on 8/22/2014Good food. Bench tables too close together for privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Bread ever!TrainerTVIPDined on 8/19/2014Just went there last night for the first time. Beautiful place! Bread was delicious! Some things were quite pricey, but they do offer smaller portions at less cost, as well as the regular (large) portions. My favorite thing I had was the butter-nut squash side dish. They also had my favorite wine, sold by the glass. I will go back!Special Features:
- what's the point of a reservation?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014they were unaware of the online reservation; table was not ready; we were shunted off into a corner; I complained; they moved us.Special Features:
- Beautiful settingSeekingqualityDined on 8/19/2014The fried calamari and cured meat and cheeses were great. Pizza with fresh clams, embarrassing ! No clams or clam flavor, pizza was soggy with no taste and served with roasted tomato, awful....Special Features:
- Great ambiance! Felt like ItalyeatupmanDined on 8/18/2014This place is a great restaurant for a romantic date. The lights and setting was great. One down fall is that it felt cluttered. Too many tables and not enough room. The food was great, especially the lobster ravioli. The price range for the food varies. From 17-50 dollar plates! I would recommend this place for a date. It will be impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineoutDined on 8/17/2014Went to celebrate my son and his girlfriend leaving for college. From the moment you walk in you feel welcomed. Service was excellent. Meal was beyond expectations. Four of us had the filet mignon and it was the best we've ever had! The cheese ravioli is so creamy and delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFoodie29Dined on 8/17/2014Great food, great service, great drinks and wine. Good place for homemade fresh italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Favorite Place to Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Everything is superb from the moment you arrive, looking at what appears to be Italy right in NH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okTerryDined on 8/16/2014This was my 4th visit - 3 times for dinner and once for lunch, and each time I had to wait over 30 minutes even though I had a reservation. The service was also not great. Our server was friendly and knowledgable but we waited for bread, drinks, dinner and the check. Had a 730 reservation and dinner was served close to 930 and we didn't have appetizers. They seem to be over scheduled and not staffed appropriately. The food is good but some things are overpriced - very noisy as well. Not sure I will go back ..
- Fabulous!luvdiningoutDined on 8/16/2014Service was very friendly and excellent. Food was delicious, from pizza to entrees. My partner had salmon, and it was delicious and very fresh. Bartender was great, very attentive as well as making very great drinks! The manager was making the rounds to all the tables getting feedback. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the drive!casey52Dined on 8/15/2014This is definitely one of our favorite restaurants and we dine out quite often. We live 1 1/2 hr away and always worth it. The staff is very friendly, attentive, and very knowledgeable about the menu and food. Wonderful drink selection. Pastas are to die for and most of them are available in half orders so you can try a few different kinds. The wood grilled pizzas are delicious! Extensive menu and something for everyone. Desserts are incredible and made in house. Must visit their gourmet food store in the back of their plaza where you can take home all the delicious fresh pastas they make. Also a giant selection of imported artisan cheeses, meats, charcuterie, wines, oils and vinegars, pastas, pastries, and homemade gelato barSpecial Features: