67 Main Street
Salem, NH 03079Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscanbrands.com/
- Phone: 6039524875x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday:
Lunch (Main Dining Room): 11:30am- 3:00pm
Limited Menu (Wine Bar): 3:00pm- 5:00pm
Dinner (Main Dining Room and Wine Bar) 5:00pm- 10:00pm
Sunday Pranzo (Italian Family Style Dining): 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: David Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tuscan Market offers Catering!
Our exquisite catering featuring: Antipasto platters, a wonderful variety of homemade pastas prepared with our own signature sauces, Cooked Roasts, Tuscan market sides, and a selection of Tuscan Market Miniature desserts.
Call and place your order for Tuscan Market Catering today!
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy genuine Italian hospitality for your next celebration or meeting.
Our experienced hospitality team will skillfully coordinate all aspects of planning social events, family gatherings, weddings or business meetings. Tuscan Kitchen is not a function facility. We are different. Our finely appointed event spaces are designed to offer intimate spaces to entertain your guests with exceptional service, artisan cuisine and a beautiful, tasteful environment. Our chef will custom design a menu for each guest’s individual needs, budget and taste. We don’t offer standard, one-size fits-all function menus. We create personalized menus and an event program that features the same artisan cuisine we serve in our dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Perry 6039125467x10
- Special Events: For inquiries on Private Dining and Special Events please contact Michelle Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-952-4875.
A word from Tuscan Kitchen
This rustic Italian eatery features an open-kitchen dining space offering guests a truly authentic experience. Tuscan Kitchen celebrates scratch Italian cuisine in every way. From hand made pastas, to fresh baked Artisan Breads to home made gelato, the chefs at Tuscan kitchen will arouse the senses with the sights, aromas and animation of an Italian kitchen. Custom details include: imported pasta machines, wood-fired ovens, a meat rotisserie, decorative detailing, strategically located fireplaces and cozy dining spaces. The dining room can seat over 200 and the outdoor pergola/patio will accommodate seasonal dining for 60 guests. Additionally, private dining and function space will bring hospitality to new heights in the Southern New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts market. Discriminating guests will enjoy Tuscan Kitchen"s extensive wine collection featuring a 4000 bottle wine cellar with 50 seats for that special private dining event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tuscan Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Salem, NH ›
Tuscan Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
254 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)fit for foodies (114)romantic (106)good for groups (96)notable wine list (90)neighborhood gem (78)great for lunch (66)hot spot (48)great for outdoor dining (43)vibrant bar scene (31)great for brunch (22)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (10)scenic view (9)Show More
- very good eatsDebandfamDined on 8/25/2014enjoyed our dinner, from bread/olive oil, complimentary app through dinner, to cannoli for dessert...all delicious. Would have liked more pasta/sauce choices. Nice atmosphere and ok service (not exceptional). Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Great MealTuscanTestCaseDined on 8/23/2014Not a typical Italian menu. Great pasta. Good variety. Grateful we had a gift card because prices are on the higher end. This was our first visit. Ate on the bar level which was fairly loud. Enjoyed the food greatly, the environment, not so much. Large selection of meatless entrees & seafood. No specials mentioned which surprised us. Service was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPartsguy53Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent and the service even better. I'll be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Go Backmotherof4Dined on 8/22/2014The ambience was lively great for groups, the staff very attentive and professional. Had the calamari for an app it was fishy and chewy, husband had lobster raviolis they were filled with lobster meat but lacked flavor in the sauce. I had the salmon with sweet potatoes and asparagus which was all so charred and burnt needed to send it back. Waitress agreed and wanted to replace the dish at that point I didn't want anything else. I heard great things about this place I was very disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a visit.NotDigiornoDined on 8/22/2014Service was fast and friendly. Food was well-portioned, prepared and tasted great. Price was reasonable given the limited options for quality dining in the area. I would definitely eat here again and I would recommend a visit to the most discerning friend.Special Features:
- Food wonderful & waiter amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014A group of 4 went out to celebrate my husband's birthday. I was very disappointed. I made a reservation for 7pm the host said I will text you in a few minutes for your table. We waited till 7:30 and then complained. I don't understand what the problem was. We almost left and went somewhere. Luckily our server, Rick was amazing. He had so much knowledge about the food, restaurant, and has an amazing personality. So with that in mind we will come back. But if the guy the host is at the front I will nav concerned if my table with a reservation is not available immediately.Special Features:
- Nice findSalemdineDined on 8/22/2014Good food. Bench tables too close together for privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Bread ever!TrainerTVIPDined on 8/19/2014Just went there last night for the first time. Beautiful place! Bread was delicious! Some things were quite pricey, but they do offer smaller portions at less cost, as well as the regular (large) portions. My favorite thing I had was the butter-nut squash side dish. They also had my favorite wine, sold by the glass. I will go back!Special Features:
- what's the point of a reservation?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014they were unaware of the online reservation; table was not ready; we were shunted off into a corner; I complained; they moved us.Special Features:
- Beautiful settingSeekingqualityDined on 8/19/2014The fried calamari and cured meat and cheeses were great. Pizza with fresh clams, embarrassing ! No clams or clam flavor, pizza was soggy with no taste and served with roasted tomato, awful....Special Features:
- Great ambiance! Felt like ItalyeatupmanDined on 8/18/2014This place is a great restaurant for a romantic date. The lights and setting was great. One down fall is that it felt cluttered. Too many tables and not enough room. The food was great, especially the lobster ravioli. The price range for the food varies. From 17-50 dollar plates! I would recommend this place for a date. It will be impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineoutDined on 8/17/2014Went to celebrate my son and his girlfriend leaving for college. From the moment you walk in you feel welcomed. Service was excellent. Meal was beyond expectations. Four of us had the filet mignon and it was the best we've ever had! The cheese ravioli is so creamy and delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFoodie29Dined on 8/17/2014Great food, great service, great drinks and wine. Good place for homemade fresh italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Favorite Place to Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Everything is superb from the moment you arrive, looking at what appears to be Italy right in NH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okTerryDined on 8/16/2014This was my 4th visit - 3 times for dinner and once for lunch, and each time I had to wait over 30 minutes even though I had a reservation. The service was also not great. Our server was friendly and knowledgable but we waited for bread, drinks, dinner and the check. Had a 730 reservation and dinner was served close to 930 and we didn't have appetizers. They seem to be over scheduled and not staffed appropriately. The food is good but some things are overpriced - very noisy as well. Not sure I will go back ..
- Fabulous!luvdiningoutDined on 8/16/2014Service was very friendly and excellent. Food was delicious, from pizza to entrees. My partner had salmon, and it was delicious and very fresh. Bartender was great, very attentive as well as making very great drinks! The manager was making the rounds to all the tables getting feedback. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the drive!casey52Dined on 8/15/2014This is definitely one of our favorite restaurants and we dine out quite often. We live 1 1/2 hr away and always worth it. The staff is very friendly, attentive, and very knowledgeable about the menu and food. Wonderful drink selection. Pastas are to die for and most of them are available in half orders so you can try a few different kinds. The wood grilled pizzas are delicious! Extensive menu and something for everyone. Desserts are incredible and made in house. Must visit their gourmet food store in the back of their plaza where you can take home all the delicious fresh pastas they make. Also a giant selection of imported artisan cheeses, meats, charcuterie, wines, oils and vinegars, pastas, pastries, and homemade gelato barSpecial Features:
- Second great meal in a row herecamplouDined on 8/11/2014Fiod and atmosphere here are tops, as is service. Grilled salmon could not have been betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience overall!lovefood2Dined on 8/9/2014We love Tuscan Kitchen, but this was not the best evening we've had there. The food was great, as always, but we were seated upstairs near the bar where it was quite noisy. We were disappointed with the location of our table, especially because we had made reservations. We typically sit downstairs where the atmosphere is nicer and it's more quiet. Our waiter was very personable and had a very professional manner, but was somewhat forgetful. We had to request beverages when we ordered our meals because we had not been offered any. The kitchen service was very slow that night as well - much more so than usual. Overall, we enjoyed our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerDined on 8/7/2014Great food and service in a delightful setting. We will return.Special Features:
- Great for a Special Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014The restaurant service was excellent. All the food is homemade including the pasta and the cheeses. Our food was very good. The price is expensive - easily $100+ for two people for dinner. Since this is a stretch for us, we would consider this a once a year or so treat.Special Features:
- foodjoysDined on 8/4/2014absolutely delicious! The meat and cheese went so well with a very nice 2009 Sonoma pinot noir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a bit priceyszutDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I recently went to the Tuscan Kitchen for dinner. We shared a salad, each got a small primi, each a secondi and shared a dessert. This was too much food and we brought food home. The meal was awesome - very, very tasty. The ambiance was pretty good - has a cute atmosphere and we could hear each other talk without raising voices (although the tables are wide). The service was okay. The server was knowledgeable about the menu but we frequently were waiting for him to come by to take our order, to bring another course, etc. Some waits felt like they were over 15minutes (ie - inbetween courses). Overall our dinner took 3 hours. However, many other diners were in after us and out before us so perhaps it was our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Italian food at its bestKateDined on 8/3/2014Best bread....ANYWHERE! Aside from the pizza, this is more for adult diners and kids with an adventurous palate. Homemade pastas are exceptional both in the restaurant and from the market to cook at home. Delicious, creative choices for every course. We were there to celebrate an anniversay with our children so we ordered apps, salad and pasta dishes , happy for the simpler ravioli - delicious-- for the finnicky eatter of our clan. Saw a pizza on the next table and was very jealous! Definitely going back for pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reviewJackDined on 8/3/2014My experience with the Tuscan kitchen was one I won't forget we have great waiter I would go back and tell everyone I know to try it alsoSpecial Features:
- Wait was excessivelarryDined on 8/2/2014The actual dinner was fine. The problem we had is that we had reservations for 8pm, but were not seated for TWENTY minutes after that. This was unacceptable. Why even bother setting up a reservation if we cant be seated within 5 minutes of the selected time? the food itself was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge Disappointment!nugglemonkeyDined on 8/2/2014Reservation was for 7:45- we were finally seated at 8:30. The service was extremely slow with forgotten drinks and a dinner entrée. The food was terrible to say the least with the exception of our daughters pizza. The overhead AC vent blasted all evening which caused us to freeze the entire time. We couldn't wait for to get out of there and are certain to never return! Not exactly the way we intended to celebrate my husbands birthday.
- Not what I ecoecyedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Sun in my eyes entire meal . Server and manager have been aware since this has opened!!!! Very poor service. Meal was okSpecial Features:
- Reservation/wait timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014My friend and I had a reservation at 8:00, we were a few mins early so the hostess asked if they could text me when the table was ready, we said sure and had a seat at the bar. I soon realized I missed the text since it was so loud I could not hear my phone. when we went back to hostess to be seated they said they already sat the table since we didn't come right up, a bit frustrating since we were at the bar closest to hostess station and head hostess said "I wish I could remember everyone's faces but I can't..." Not sure why the name couldn't have been called out, but ok.., We were then told to wait and given a vibrating pager....not sure why this wasn't done in the first place, would've made things ALOT easier. Pager is the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFdfdDined on 8/1/2014My favorite Italian restaurant in the USA by a very long way. Opening of the market was also a great ideaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary disappointmentdisappointedDined on 8/1/2014When I booked the reservation, I made a request for a romantic table so we could enjoy our anniversary dinner. I understand there is a disclaimer that indicated not all special requests could be filled. When we arrived, there were many open tables, as our reservation was for 6:30 so it was before the rush of people wishing to dine. The hostess sat us at one of the two-person tables, sandwiched in between of two other two person tables that were already occupied. We had to almost yell over the long table between us so everyone around us heard our conversation. It was anything but romantic :( I guess my expectations were too high for our first visit. The home made pasta was excellent so we may return, just not for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Food was delicious and wait staff went out of their way to make sure we were well served. Ordered a salad as an app (among other apps) between 4 people and they split it into 4 plates versus in one large bowl. Well done!Special Features:
- Best dining in the areabostonfanVIPDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant is superb, especially considering the other choices in the area. The food is very well prepared and service is attentive. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Don't miss the nearby market.Special Features:
- No fuss, no mussGot4kidsDined on 7/30/2014We had a busy day of wedding planning, so made a reservation for lunch knowing we'd have great service and a chance to talk over the mornings events, and recharge for the afternoon. Service was prompt with warm bread and butter and beverages. Our entrees were s or ere, and as delicious as always. I do wish there was a waitstaff member stationed at the outside patin door to assist with opening that very heavy door. I use a walker and was not able to navigate through that area unassisted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible from start to finishMKL525Dined on 7/26/2014We arrived just before our reservation. Larger, walk in groups were seated before us. We waited an additional 25 minutes before being seated. We were seated in a crowded section of single two tops, surrounded by families with small children, even though we requested a quiet table for our special occasion. The server was very efficient, but not friendly. Our meals were served in a reasonable amount of time, but were truly nothing special. For a restaurant that prides itself on gourmet Italian fare, this was a great disappointment. To add insult to injury, the price for all of this was substantial. We were rewarded with a smile by our server when the bill arrived to cap off this abysmal evening.
- Fantastic!!DP61Dined on 7/26/2014I have had the pleasure of eating at Tuscan Kitchen on a few occasions and would highly recommend this place to all my friends and family. The food is outstanding. Service is excellent. Definitely my favorite place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- And the point of reservations is?AdwythVIPDined on 7/26/2014We arrived at 5:58 for our 6:00 reservation. The entrance lobby was pandemonium and packed full of people. Having made our way to the hostess stand we were informed that everyone else in the lobby also had 6:00 reservations. We were not seated until 6:20, and the waiter did not make an appearance at our table for another 15 minutes. The dress code is totally ignored. The men sitting next to us - the tables are too close together - wore tank tops, shorts and flipflops. The cheese board appetizer was served without any bread, wafers, or crackers.
- Wonderful mealLoveToDineOutDined on 7/26/2014The wife and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary by dining at The Tuscan Kitchen on Saturday, July 26th. Wonderful, delicious food and our server was amazing! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Amazing is all I can say. The service was fantastic and the food was just as good!Special Features:
- Always ounstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014We are pretty much regulars, love the atmosphere, service, there is nothing we can complain about. We appreicate that the staff is so knowledgeable about wine and the food they are serving!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.