Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale
1105 East Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lasolastuscangrill.com/
- Phone: 9547668700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luigi Di Meo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale
We invite you into our small corner of the world, The Tuscan Grill on Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale. We can only warn you that you may never want to leave. The setting is a waterfront al fresco dining experience if you choose to dine in our outdoor patio. If you prefer indoor dining, come enjoy our cozy 40 seat dining room, or our well stocked bar, and enjoy a dinner like no other. You will be warmly greeted by Gabriel Salas, our General Manager, and taken care as if you were in your very own home. Come enjoy the delights of the Tuscan Grill in a wonderful atmosphere with your family or friends, you will always leave with more that you arrived with and look forward to returning again soon. Buon Appetito!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (4)romantic (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- tryingnotquitethereDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant was good, but not good enough to return. The food was good, but not memorable, and with limited funds for fine dining I would have to choose another location.
- Average ItalianAlanVIPDined on 8/23/2014For the price, I'd have expected the quality of D'Angelo, but the food here was just oaky. The place needed a definite facelift, having gotten away with the idea that all Italian restaurants should look very 1980s in decor. Some raved about the garlic bread, but it was so ladened with oil that a piece literally poured all over the table (and my shirt) when passed. Bolognese was very average and the special, macadamia crusted grouper, tasted a bit dry and reheated. Cocktails way overpriced as were the fish and beef items. For these prices, you expect a bigger portion and a nicer place. The waiter had that attitude that so many Italian waiters do (even in D'Angelo) where they know everything and look sort of impatient with you.
- Delicious sauces and pastaChuquigirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our dinner with excellent service, garlic bread, olives and tomato free appetizer followed by excellent wine list with many by the glass available. Various sauces were yummy as were the ravioli and other pasta. Our attentive waiter from Florence explained all and gave good suggestions.Special Features:
- Excellent upscale italian cuisineRickVIPDined on 8/9/2014We went to this restaurant after reading other reviewers. The reviews were good and deservedly so. The food was very good and the service was okay. A larger table had his attention but it was still okay. restaurant was not overpriced although not a level 2. But I would definitely have used a price level 3. The parking was a bit hard to find but once you know where it is it's okay.Special Features:
- Location, Food and ServicesWaltVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very good location, excellent food, excellent services, all very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarpacciocojakenDined on 6/27/2014Wonderful carpaccio, bread, pizza, tortellini. Reasonable prices, good service. All in all an excellent choice for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 135 reviews are from the Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale reviews archive.
- Could be wonderful.JtropicsVIPDined on 5/30/2014Piano player was great as was ambiance outside. Menu sounded and looked delicious but lacked flavor. Need to make food more tasty. We eat out 5 to 6 times a week. Place was beautiful but food was boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!LoveGreatFoodVIPDined on 5/25/2014Everyone was so attentive. The food was great. Really, really enjoyed everything about this restaurant. Will definitely go again!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningGourmandincDined on 5/24/2014What a find! Great service--our waiter recited 12 specials beyond the menu--each sounding better than the last plus he was attentive. This is a gem of a restaurant when it comes to delicious food and good service. If the drivers cruising Las Olas would turn down their obnoxious stereo systems and motorcyclists stop showing off and calm down a bit, it would have been perfect. This is a regular stop for people living in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, superb serviceJuanVIPDined on 5/16/2014Our waiter was superb. Great reccomendations, quick service. Food was very good, all 6 of us loved our entrees. Best carpaccio I've had in some time and the lamb with truffle sauce.... Awesome Will come back. Heads up, pricey.Special Features:
- Food was greatJennDined on 5/11/2014Great service, delicious food, nice apnesphere. Would definetly visit again. Both my parents couldn't stop raving about the wonderful afternoon they had at Tuscan Grill. The mothers day special menu was perfect. The reason for the 4 and not 5 stars is they added gratuity to the our check. It makes sense for large parties but, for 3 people I don't think it's necessary. It kind of put a damper on the great lunch we had. Keeping that in mind for the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian at it's best!molohoDined on 5/8/2014This is REAL italian food. I've been here several times, each time, ordering something different on the menu…all were FABULOUS!. I would absolutely recommend everything. WOW!Special Features:
- The ambience and the pianoLG1117Dined on 4/12/2014The ambience and the piano helped make this a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteFunflierDined on 4/4/2014We eat here regularly. Great restaurant. Best outdoor dining on LO!Special Features:
- OkayDonaldDined on 3/27/2014Ate there last week, started with an appetizer that the waiter said was to die for. Not what I wanted. The bread and olive plate were outstanding. I had Pasta with a Bolognese was OK my wife's is better though. My wife had the Pasta Carbanora the sauce was to die for very rich with the hint of the Panchetta was perfect. My wife had dessert and we both had a double espresso.Overall I think the food was good but overpriced. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Overpriced for the foodMellyVIPDined on 3/21/2014I thought the Tuscan grill looked like a great Italian restaurant. Unfortunately, it was overpriced for what we got. The shrimp scampi claimed to have "Jumbo" shrimp but for $35, all was 5 medium sized shrimp with some linguini. Disappointed
- Average food, poor service, costlyDisappointedVIPDined on 3/16/2014This restaurant was not worth it. From the point you enter the restaurant, your are being played. The service is all about trying to extract money from your pocket. The maître de purposely moves you to the bar to have cocktails even though there are open tables. The cocktails are way overpriced and poor to say the least, and you need to settle up at the bar, more to do with getting more of a tip because you can't transfer your tab. Throughout the table service you are being up sold. Eventually after a mediocre meal, you get the bill and are subjected to a set 18% service charge without being asked. Definitely won't go back!!!
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great dinner at Tuscan Grill Friday evening. Food was excellent, (pasta e fragioli soup, rigatoni bolognese, veal parmigiana, affogato). Great wine list. Service was great from the initial greeting from the hostess, to the waiter and wine steward. Great ambiance. This was our first time here. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and ambiance!Dine4funDined on 3/8/2014Can't go wrong with specials. The short ribs ravioli with mushroom truffle sauce was amazing. Especially enjoyed being on the courtyardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy ExperienceGloriousfoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner in a most lovely atmosphere.The weather being exceptional, thus conducive to dining outdoors. We had an exceptional waiter and his service and personality enhanced our dining pleasure. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good not great Italian foodeatsoutoftenDined on 3/3/2014Food was good but certainly not great. Waiter was a bit too friendly and after stating the many "specials" returned to take the order. He voiced his displeasures that no specials were ordered. Not so friendly thereafter. I was aware that some people claimed that the "specials" also contained a special high price so I stayed away from them. Restaurant was very small but had outside dinning which was fine. I was expecting something very good to great based on other reviews but it may in fact be great Italian food for the area.
- We enjoyed our dinner veryadempVIPDined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much!!! Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- always enjoy this placeBelugaVIPDined on 2/15/2014Food is always amazing here. (we live nearby) Giorgio took very good care of us, and was very helpful with our wine, and with everything else. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, lovely ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Delicious food, lovely ambiance, attentive service, enjoyable music (piano player). Busy but comfortable on a Saturday night. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fresh, full ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014The food was fresh, full of flavor, just the right size portion. Overall experience was a 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day at the Tuscan GrillBarryidDined on 2/14/2014This excellent Las Olas spot was suitably busy but the waiter was attentive and the food was excellent. I particularly enjoyed the Branzino. The menu was shortened for the holiday but the presence of my partner's favorite pasta dish made up for it. And, the wine list was, as usual, superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slow and waiter rudedonsVIPDined on 2/13/2014Service was very slow and the waiter was very inattentive. Seemed we were putting him out every time we asked a question or simply to get the check. The food was very good, and maybe it was just a bad day- would try it again.Special Features:
- Outstanding! And Urie on piano..WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/7/2014In area for 4 days and was told to go to Los Olas Blvd for great shopping and dining at night. My husband and I walked up and down the street on both sides to window shop and preview restaurants. At recommendation on YELP but also overall ambiance and outdoor seating, we chose Tuscan Grill and have been talking about it since. Have recommended it to several locals and others at hotel! The italian meal was suburb and Urie on the piano was absolutely outstanding! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ask for the price, avoid surprisebischarVIPDined on 1/19/2014The octopus is really good take care, the web site is not updated and some prommotions on menu does not exist. Also, they have a bunch of plates outside the menu and you can stay suprise about the cost.
- Another great meal at TuscanJudiVIPDined on 1/17/2014Even though it was a coooool evening the patio was warm and cozy. Food was beautifully presented and tasted great. The seafood specials were excellently prepared. Our waiter knew we had theater plans so he was careful to get us out in time without making us feel rushed. Would highly recommend Tuscan Grill.Special Features:
- A lovely evening!OnVacationDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I chose the Tuscan Grill for New Year's Eve because we wanted to eat at a good restaurant and then walk to the city festivities being held in a park about a mile away. The food exceeded our expectations. I figured from the reviews it would be comparable to some very good Italian restaurants I've eaten at in New York City and other large cities, but it was at a level of excellence that surprised me. The ingredients were fresh and the seasoning was subtle and delicious. We sat in the outdoor covered patio area. A fine pianist played instrumental music which added to the festive atmosphere. The prices were raised from the usual because it was New Year's Eve, but we felt like it was worth it! If we lived there we'd go back!Special Features:
- DinnerWendyVIPDined on 12/31/2013Atmosphere was cozy and romantic! Service was very good...not too fast or slow. Food was way too overpriced and just okay. I would go again to try something else on the menu, but found the linguine and clams on the dull side, clams had an odd taste. For a big amount of pasta and very tiny clams, it was very overpriced!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Beware of the SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/28/2013The food was fantastic. On the other hand, we had to wait about 20 past our reservation time. The biggest drawback, however, came when we got our check. We ordered a veal chop special expecting it to cost about what the most expensive items on the regular menu cost (about $35) but we were very surprised and disappointed to be charged $59 for the veal chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant been around forPW22VIPDined on 12/25/2013Restaurant been around for years and is an excellent local restaurant. Has a great patio in addition to the restaurant. Very good but not outstanding food and good service (note the automatic 18% tip added). Fish dishes are excellent. Usually have numerous specials.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!DisappointingVIPDined on 12/24/2013We were very pleasantly surprised by how delicious the food was...Haven't been here since it was Rino's (which we did not like at all). Everything, from the calamari and grilled octopus appetizers through my husband's ricotta cheesecake was excellent. So happy to have a wonderful Italian restaurant in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Great piano player butDaleDined on 12/14/2013Very loud. We were close and 2 of our 5 left with a headache. Great musician but he ruined an other wise great experience. Go when they do not have music. Our 4th time there.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/9/2013We were vacationing in Fort Lauderdale and went to Tuscan Grille. Everything from the food, service and ambiance could not have been better. David, the manager, is an outstanding host and made you welcome. It was a wonderful experience and will be sending family and friends who will be visiting this winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outREBrokerDined on 11/11/2013We needed a restaurant that was easy for a group of us to meet at.... found a gem in the Tuscan Grill. Waiter was attentive and helpful. Knew his wines as well as his food! We ordered the grilled octopus and calamari as an appetizer.. both were delicious. We were not rushed between courses which these days seems unusual in a restaurant. We each had something different for our main courses, and each one was thrilled. Even the "Sally" in our group. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable mealMamiankaVIPDined on 11/11/2013Right on Las Olas - but outside seating not for us on a really windy day! Very attentive service from the server Roberto and the manager, who spoke with us at length tableside and at the desk - clearly, everyone here want to make the diners happy. Started with one of te BEST burrata and prosciutto salads EVER. I had great tortetllini, and two companions had veal - of the two slices each, one was more tender than the other. Very good and generous salads - everyone waned to share (they just wanted a bite of my *burrata*!) We will eat here again when we return to Ft. Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great serviceLuv2dineDined on 10/23/2013The Pork Chop was outstanding and the srevice provide by our waiter Ken made for an enjoyably evening. This is the reason we return every time we visit Fort Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.