1 Old Golf Course Road
Monterey, CA 93940Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tuscaristorante.com/
- Phone: 8316576675x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Russell Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: A contemporary and social meeting place, the Wine Room at TusCA Ristorante is the newest place to meet friends or enjoy a glass of wine and flight of cheese before dining. TusCA also features a private dining room with beautiful views of the spectacular Del Monte golf course and seating for up to twelve guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Stanley 8316576674x
- Entertainment: The Fireplace Lounge features Live Jazz on the weekends in a comfortable and casual modern setting.
A word from TusCA Ristorante
TusCA is a casual Tuscan style restaurant with a California influence. TusCA specializes in cheeses, salads, pasta, pizza and oven-baked home style dishes prepared fresh daily in our spectacular show kitchen. Our chef uses only the freshest local ingredients available served in a modern and comfortable setting. TusCA's wine room and cellar features Italian and California wines with a beautiful glass wine display and a hearty selection of world class cheeses. The dining room at TusCA offers delightful views of the spectacular Del Monte golf course, as well as the immaculate show kitchen. The adjoining Fireplace Lounge features Live Jazz on the weekends and comfortable fireside seating. A glass of wine and selection of cheeses in the afternoon or a hot drink and biscotti in the evening, the Fireplace lounge is the perfect place to relax anytime. TusCA also offers a private dining room to accommodate up to twelve guests. Located in the heart of Monterey at the beautiful Hyatt RegencyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TusCA Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)scenic view (6)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent againHMBSusanDined on 9/14/2014The food and service were excellent again. The salads are fresh and flavorful, not overdressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really amazing, high quality foodHMBSusanDined on 9/12/2014This place has turned around in the last couple of years. The food is really tasty, well prepared, plentiful, and healthy. The service is excellent, with even the busboys attentive at all times. We had the TusCa salad, which was a meal in itself, with a quinoa and roast vegetable ragu that was incredible. Good wine list and they know how to make a mojito the way I like it. Our waiter, Josh, was a real pro and very friendly on top of it. This place is worth checking out.Special Features:
- Great hotel restaurantSydRDined on 9/10/2014Food was excellent and portions generous. The place was deserted which seemed strange but there are lots of choices in the Monterey Bay Area and hotel restaurants are often high priced and stuffy. The service was excellent and the food wonderful. Prices reasonable for the area. We'd return againSpecial Features:
- TusCA ReviewPerfectEateriesDined on 9/5/2014The staff at TusCA are very friendly and accommodating without hovering. The quality of food was excellent except for the bread which was cold and wasn't too appealing. I really love warm very fresh bread with a soft interior and crunchy crust. I didn't care for the butter either which I believe was garlic. It would have been nice to have a choice of regular butter. My halibut was outstanding though and the presentation very good. My husband had pizza which he too said was excellent. We felt too that the menu was a bit limited but maybe it's better to sacrifice quantity for quality. We didn't have dessert so cannot comment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for on-siteKenHDined on 7/27/2014This certainly is not more than an Olive Garden but a decent option if you want to stay on property.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Food was awesome ... So delicious ... Price is not bad ... Very elegant and yet kid friendly 👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 146 reviews are from the TusCA Ristorante reviews archive.
- TusCa at the HyattOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014The food was good, the music was more techno beat and a bit loud. Service was excellent and the ambiance was nice. The window seating had a great view of the golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchLNSantaClaraDined on 5/18/2014Had Sunday brunch here and enjoyed their buffet. Food was very good - especially the make-to-order omelets and the bread pudding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2014Great Mother's Day brunch - food was fantastic and the presentation was very classy. Nice jazz music as well. TusCA and the Hyatt lobby provided a wonderful space for this - only complaint was a $40 brunch should come with more than ONE included Mimosa. Really ... cheap champagne and OJ should be free flowing at this price point.Special Features:
- Good Eats!Wolfpeople2Dined on 5/8/2014TusCa Ristorante is a very nice restaurant located in the Hyatt Regency Monterey. The food was very good, well presented, and we were attended to by a very friendly wait staff. Our reservation (not needed this night) were for 6 pm on a Thursday. The restaurant was not busy at all at this time - which might have accounted for the promptness of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/16/2014The breakfast at TusCa is so good that sometimes we stay at the Hyatt just to have breakfast there. The buffet is good as is what's on the menu. We tried the wild mushroom omelet in addition to the buffet. The buffet has lots of different kinds of food -- fresh pastries, eggs, fruit, meats, etc.Special Features:
- Not for young families.JBaileyDined on 4/5/2014Food was amazing, the service however was terrible. We were seated in the back dining roo. We have a 3 year old so I understand but we were often forgotten. At one point a bus boy had to refill our drink orders. We are a young couple so I am not sure if our waitress didn't see a need or benefit in offering us the same service that we watched her demonstrate to her other tables. Which is disappointing cause for good service we were willing and able to tip 25%Special Features:
- Good for ConvienenceArtemisVIPDined on 3/26/2014We visited TusCA since we were staying at the hotel and there were some good reviews. The menu was limited and no specials. The food was good, the wine list was good, the service was very good. It was overall a good evening. We would suggest it to friends if staying at the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014The personal service was terrific and sincere. Salad dishes were enjoyed by all. We will return hoping for the same server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the four course mealdballDined on 2/15/2014We had the four course meal for Valentine's Day. The food was very good and the wine was good but the restaurant needs to serve the wine in real wine glasses not everyday glasses. If you are trying to be a upscale restaurant especially for a special day like Valentine's day; here are a few suggestions: 1-the tables should have linen table clothes, candles would be a nice touch, real wine glasses are a must and with better silverware. We travel a lot and eat at upscale restaurants, the problem TusCA Ristorante has is that the restaurant in set up for large numbers not for a high end upscale restaurant. It's a very hard thing to balance well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerVisual1Dined on 2/14/2014I enjoyed the friendly and helpful staff. The food was terrific, with amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicechazDined on 1/26/2014I have been to this Chart House several times and I am always very impressd by the food, service and the views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tusca fails to impressTeacherfoodieDined on 12/25/2013I booked reservations for my wife and I at Tusca, hoping that she could get nice vegetarian pasta on Christmas. We were informed that they had no ravioli and no scallops as soon as we sat down, and this was the earliest reservation time available. Since there were no other veggie pasta dishes available, she ended up with a marginal salad and a root vegetable soup that was not to her liking. The pumpkin cheesecake was good, however. I did enjoy my beef with gnocchi very much. Warning: unless you are only looking for a margarita pizza, don't bring your vegetarian loved ones to Tusca.Special Features:
- Monterey ThanksgivingMontereyDiningDined on 11/28/2013Food was amazing & service great. My family and I really enjoyed the prime rib. Best Thanksgiving dinner we have had! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, could be betterSirDizzleDined on 11/23/2013While the food itself was decent, portions were extremely different at the same price points. I had a pasta dish that would be suitable to split among 3 people while my girlfriend had a decent (a bit small in my opinion) duck dish. I found that the prices were a bit high for what you get, but I had a restaurant.com gift certificate, so I can't really complain about that too much. We noticed the food was EXTREMELY salty --not something a restaurant of that caliber should be doing. But overall it was a decent experience with a very good atmosphere that wasn't too loud.Special Features:
- secret hideaway for Monterey visistMerlinDined on 10/25/2013Enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt. The restaurant, Tusca, was perfect for dinner. The service was excellent and the food...wonderful. Jefferson, our waiter was just great...Special Features:
- Disappointing for a HyattdineinmryDined on 10/11/2013Although we were seated and almost immediately asked what we wanted to order, it felt very rushed and pushy. My son was trying to decide what he wanted and the waiter was very impatient and kept trying to push him into ordering something he didn't like. We three adults all commented on this after the waiter left the table. Food looked colorless and not appetizing. A piece of parsley or lemon/orange slice even would have helped the presentation! Some ordered the Crab Panni. Sandwich itself was NOT pressed and crispy but rather like a greasy grilled sandwich. My face, hands and mouth was so full of grease I only could eat a half. It was also very spicy and my mother could barely eat hers either. Very disappointed! Will not return.
- So much better now!HMBSusanDined on 9/27/2013I panned this place a couple of years ago, and they deserved it, but now with all new staff and chef, they get my raves. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. The noise level has been reduced from about 10 to maybe 1 on the dining-comfort scale, and there was nothing wrong with the perfect salads, appetizers, or main courses. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ContinentalCricketchorusDined on 6/16/2013Great Father's day brunch.. I feasted on the continental; it was perfect. Other diners in my party dined on the brunch buffet. Very good service. A good place for brunch!Special Features:
- Good food, but fish couldDzsazsaDined on 5/24/2013Good food, but fish could have been cooked a little less & the ravioli's creamy sauce was very rich.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is in a HotelNYCPHLVIPDined on 5/22/2013Did not know this was a hotel restaurant when booked reservation. Felt foolish. Not a good way to experience Monteray.
- Birthday Luncheon a Smash Hit!luvMontereyDined on 5/17/2013I booked a reservation for a birthday luncheon. We were given a semi-private room which allowed the group to enjoy ourselves without worrying about the noise volume. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. The staff assisted to serve everyone at the same time. The menu was small, but well rounded. The food was well prepared and presented nicely. The wait staff brought the birthday girl a chocalate cake with candle and song. Everyone enjoyed both the lunch and the desserts. Nice venue for a luncheon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day expensive for kids!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013$25 for kids 6-12 extremely pricey for kids! Should be more like $10-$15!! I guess the hyatt didn't want to have a lot of family's in for Mother's Day! Because when people seen how much it was for kids I'm sure they opted for someplace more reasonable. My son, niece & nephew literally ate about $2.00 worth of food each! But cost me $75. And 6 adults @ $52 a pop! I understand I chose to go to Tusca for mothers day brunch, Knowing beforehand how much it were for kids. There's no one to blame but myself I made a huge mistake. I wont be making that mistake again! Would only consider going back if the price point for kids were to be made more reasonable! we should have just went to knuckles instead! $500 would have gone a lot further there!
- Great service in a pleasingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Great service in a pleasing atmosphere, came here for our wedding anniversary and we would definitely return. Strong recommendation to go.Special Features:
- Gluten-freeomamaDined on 4/3/2013Ravioli with cheese and cognac was pretty good, but clam and sausages with gluten free pasta was bad. sausage didn't have any flavor and pasta had no texture.Special Features:
- Definite YesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013Wonderful service, Wonderful food, Carl our waiter was excellent, JJ the Manager? was also very friendly and accommodating. We will return.Special Features:
- after having an unpleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013after having an unpleasant experience the night before at another local italian restaraunt TUSCA was a very pleasant experience!The sevice was prompt and friendley .The food and wine were excellent! We're definiteley going back.Special Features:
- Worst service ever...food was not mOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/1/2013My prosciuto pannini was salty and greasy. The buffett had very little options. But the service was the worst ever...we had to get up about 5 times to look for our waiter and it took foreever to get a hold of him. I ended up standing and waiting at my table for the waiter to bring me a to-go cup for my coffee while my family left as they were tired of waiting...a couple of the other waiters were trying to be helpful, but one in particular seemed hangover and unwilling to help and even told us we needed to wait for our waiter to get service :(
- We dined her with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012We dined her with friends for a special occasion, the food was great, the service too!Special Features:
- Tardy service, inattentiveMochVIPDined on 10/6/2012Tardy service, inattentive waitstaff. Despite a 1:30 reservation on a quiet saturday afternoon lunch, we were seated at a table in the middle of the room despite several available booths and window tables. We had 2 different waitstaff introduce themselves as our provider, yet it took nearly 15 minutes to get our glasses of wine. We had to ASK for their special pizza menu, despite their numerous local newspaper ads indicating that this was their special feature this month. The worse part of our experience was the SMELL of the place,despite having the doors open for cross ventilation. It smelled like cumin (in an italian restaurant?) or more likely, from inadequate hygiene from one of the staff!
- Good for hotel foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/11/2012It was just okay. Good hotel restaurant. I would not seek them out for any occasion. Food just okay. It was surprisingly pricey.Special Features:
- Spectacular for Mother's Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Although extremely friendly, the waiters were young and lacked experience. Requests were answered promptly, but utensils usual for Italian restaurant were missing, examples: large spoon for pasta, small fork to get clams out of shell, extra dish for clam shells. Used dishes were not removed before next course was served,Especially nice, however, was the roasted garlic served with fresh, warm bread. The arrugala and pear salad with the lemon and olive oil dressing was a favorite. Baked seafood dish was short on seafood, but was very good. The sausage and clam entree was adequate, but the fettucini was not feshly cooked - - seemed tough. The restaurant is warmly lit and spectacularly looks out on the 18th hole of the Del Monte Golf course.Special Features:
- We went there after readingGlobetrotterVIPDined on 5/2/2012We went there after reading a review (think it was in the local paper. It was okay---definitely not special...No real complaints. Just not that exciting..I added oil, salt & pepper to my soup to create some taste. I did enjoy the dressing on the salad, however.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 10OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012We had a reservation for 10 with a high chair, and they had a side room ready for us when we got there -- no waiting at all. We were in town for the Big Sur Marathon, so we were going through water quickly, and they regularly refilled our pitcher so that there was no shortage of water. My mushroom pizza was very good, and I tasted the butternut squash raviolis, where were great.Special Features:
- I was glad we were seatedMooberDined on 4/7/2012I was glad we were seated by the window and had a very nice view of the golf course. The pasta we had was very good, large shrimps, mussels, clams and chunks of fish in a creamy red sauce. The waiter was quite attentive and made sure water and wine glasses were constantly filled. Would return if I was staying at the Hyatt again.Special Features: