TusCA - Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
TusCA - Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tusca.com/content/hpr/tusca/en/santa_clara.html
- Phone: 4085106480x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Martin Alcala
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from TusCA - Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Inspired by the hearty cuisine of Italy's western coastal region, the cuisine blends the essence of Tuscany - natural flavors brought out by a simple preparation of fresh seasonal ingredients and locally sourced Californian produce, fish and meat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
TusCA - Hyatt Regency Santa Clara - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
TusCA - Hyatt Regency Santa Clara reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Breakfast buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Fresh fruits nicely made pastries-the cream pastry covered with a toffee topping was a favorite, smoked salmon, bagels, cereal, cheese, scrambled eggs oatmeal, pork or chicken sausage, bacon, potatoes, a crab and seafood eggs benedict, the choices were immense and very good. The eggs benedicts really stood out. Compliments to the Chef, Martin. Bravo! He also makes great omelets too. Great service by Jorge who explained our buffet options very nicely and efficiently took care of whatever we needed. Great service also by John Huynh who quickly cleared our dirty plates and refilled our hot tea as needed. Highly recommend the breakfast buffet, altho the pastries and eggs benedict selections changes daily.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Brunch49erfaithfulDined on 8/17/2014Just about everything on the buffet line was cold including the sliced prime rib! Prime rib was very fatty. For $49, what a rip-off. Order off the main menu if you want your food hot. Vet good service, though, but will not be back for the price!
- So so at the hotelIdineSFVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is the only real restaurant at the Hyatt. The food is pretty mediocre, service is a bit innatentive (but friendly enough). Fine if you don't want to leave the hotel.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Was looking for a restaurant that was higher end but affordable for a team lunch and I needed efficient service as lunch hours really need to be kept to an hour. TusCA was all that. Seated right away, wait staff was quick but we never felt rushed. One guest had a specific alergy to peppers and really wanted the scallop dish which comes with a corn/pepper sidedish. TusCA made a substitute which was perfect. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- bleakdisappointedVIPDined on 7/15/2014weird service, a dry turkey burger, a wet salad with no dressing ... bleak
- Nice Hotel RestaurantLadyTazCADined on 7/14/2014It is a small restaurant and where they do a buffett. The food was good as well as the service. All employees are friendly and helpful. The Itallian Sodas were really good, would definitely recommend them, especially the mango.Special Features:
- A Lot to Like, Except...PaloAltoDinerVIPDined on 7/4/2014First time eating here since the new chef came in. The cuisine is improved, Had excellent salads and appetizers. The chicken was tasty, but the minuscule portion should have embarrassed the chef. Had chicken at a fine Italian eatery on Union Street last week and the portion was literally more than twice the size served here. TusCa doesn't have Italian wines! There is only one (the prosecco). Someone making beverage decisions here should be transferred to washing dishes immediately. No way well-travelled guests should have to go to an Italian named restaurant and be limited to drinking alcohol -heavy California wines. Get six Italian whites and eight Italian reds on the menu immediately, price them reasonably and watch what happens.
- nice breakfast buffet and omeletsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/22/2014Excellent omelets by Alfredo and excellent service by Martin and bussers who cleared my dirty plates and refilled my juice and hot tea very quickly. French toast with fruit and scrambled egg whites options on the buffet line were nice alternatives to overcooked eggs benedicts. Very nice way to start the day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought it would be betterDessertfirstVIPDined on 6/15/2014I made a reservation here for Father's Day brunch, thinking it would be a special meal, instead of just going to a restaurant for breakfast that day. It was more a hotel restaurant, rather than a restaurant in a hotel. The place was pretty messy. The table where we were going to sit had food and syrup on the floor underneath. At 10:50 (our reservation was 10:15), we were told the buffet would be closing in 10 minutes. Whaaat? Not a leisurely stroll through the buffet, but a throw as much food as I can put on my plate kind of meal. To make matters worse, five minutes later, it was being put away. My husband growled at the employee, who did NOT want to be there that day, & reminded her it was a few minutes to closing. Not special at all.
- Wonderful MealWonderful123Dined on 6/7/2014The food was delicious and elegantly prepared. Good variety of the kids menu. The waiter was very nice and interactive with our children . My friend also can only eat certain food and was able to find something she liked. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast Buffet now $22.50OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/1/2014Tusca's Breakfast Buffet and menu has undergone yet another change. The price is up from $20 to $22.50 and they seemed to have permanently discontinued their various eggs benedict offerings on the buffet line in favor of french toast with fruits. Their cheese selections have gone from three down to one in the past year, and their pastries no longer have the same quality as before. A few pluses are that they added smoked salmon, scrambled egg whites, chicken sausages, and sweet potatoes to the buffet selections. They have a new menu, but it did not excite me and seemed very similar to their old menu offerings. It was more of a repackaging than a rebranding. Service was at its usual excellence.
- Not their best foot forward...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/31/2014The selection was of reasonable range - a bit pricy - but not through the roof. We were expecting Hyatt Regency caliber dining for those prices. For appetizers, I had the (fried) shrimp and calamari and my wife had the steamed mussels. Mine were tasty and not too battered or greasy. Her mussels were small but she enjoyed the broth. I ordered the bone-in rib eye (medium rare). It was barely 1/2" thick, came well past medium, and was very chewy. Cautiously, I sent it back and instead ordered a NY strip hoping to get a reasonable thickness. The small steak came back slightly rare - but I was fine with that. My wife had the rack of lamb which was generous and nicely cooked. The desserts were fine but rated only about a 6 out of 10 for taste.
- Good venue in tough restaurant areaWineSharkDined on 5/14/2014I hadn’t been to the restaurant here in many years. I used to go at least 4x a month. Their wine list became corporate and expensive so I started going to the new Hilton across the street which had better ambiance, food and wine. Fast forward to the present and the restaurant at the Hyatt has been totally renovated, has a good wine lists again, and the food has a unique style to it with influences of spices from Indian and Mexican cuisine, crossed with Mediterranean dishes. The food is well presented and well made, showing pride from the kitchen. All compliments from around my table of 6. My largest two complaints were the portions which were 2x what I eat, and the noise level at dinner made it difficult to have a conversation at my table.
- Excellent serviceCarolynDined on 5/11/2014Hostess gave excellent service which made my dining experience worth it especially on a busy occasion, Mother's Day. Overall, it was almost excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent overallFeastDined on 5/11/2014First off, there was no wait when we made our reservation. I have made reservations and had to wait. Second, the spread on the food was tremendous, I could not believe everything they had. They had meals that ranged from Breakfast to Lunch, and for a buffet type it was really well done. Food did not look old, or dry. Third, there was a lot of room. It was not overly crowded. And last, but not least, our server was awesome. Javier, who was our waiter, made sure every time our glasses were emptied, or close to being emptied, he got them refilled quick. He was also quick to remove our used plates and silverware to bring us new ones. Also, my daughter requested a special waffle, one with Chocolate Chips, and he was very accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in a hotel environmentimpactjodiDined on 5/8/2014TusCA is a conveniently located restaurant inside of the Hyatt Hotel Santa Clara. The selection of food is great and wide and there is something for everyone. For time and convenience sake, I dined at TusCA twice during my hotel stay and enjoyed the food - dinner and breakfast.Special Features:
- The following 127 reviews are from the TusCA - Hyatt Regency Santa Clara reviews archive.
- Very nice Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/20/2014We had a very nice Easter Brunch which featured a huge assortment of options. Prime Rib and ham, omelets made to order, crab cake benedicts cooked just right, pork and chicken sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, scrambled egg whites, sweet and yukon potatoes, brie cheese, priscuitto, croissants, muffins, fresh pineapples and strawberry, smoked salmon, and lots of well made desserts. Service by Martin was exceptional, and Martin the Executive chef did a wonderful job.Special Features:
- satisfiedMimi24601Dined on 4/4/2014our server was great. the food was decent. perfect for business lunches, and family dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Breakfast buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/16/2014Hyatt's Tusca Restaurant has recovered its Breakfast buffet mojo. After a few months on inconsistency in 2013, Tusca's Breakfast buffet is back on top. The new french toast option is a nice alternative to the Tuscan Eggs Benedict which was often became over done as it sat on the steam table. An even nice new option is the smoked salmon -- always nice to have bagels and lox, and orange juice. And their fresh made omelets were most excellent. The Breakfast Buffet is now $20, but still worth it. Our server, Jorge, was exceptional as was the rest of the staff, clearing our dirty plates off quickly and refilling our hot water or juices as needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast BuffetAngelaDined on 2/23/2014Wish I had been hungrier as there were lots of choices for Sunday brunch. Service was fabulous! Nice place.Special Features:
- Lunch During StrataJeffDined on 2/11/2014TusCA arranged a table for my party of 7 during the busy Strata conference this week. Great space, outstanding food. Noise level a little high due to Strata attendance. Will definitely come back, particularly for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Breakfast buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/2/2014Great omelettes and crab cake eggs benedict by Martin the executive chef, and great service by Martin our server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/28/2014We had a reservation for a group of 12. Our table was ready early and they seated us in a semi-private room which was great. However, it took 45 minutes for our food to arrive and then our order was wrong. I will not be booking any corporate reservations going forward.
- Wonderful food, eclectic preparatioTrojanVIPDined on 12/30/2013Wonderful food, eclectic preparations, very friendly staff, will go back when in Santa Clara again for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Very nice serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/30/2013I had my birthday dinner. All dishes were great. They gave me special birthday cake & happy birthday song. Very nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2013We ate here X-mas Day and had a great experience! We are vegetarians and the other hotels we investigated-their vegetarian options underwhelmed us. Tusca really came through with a great 4 course veggie meal that was well thought out and delicious! Our server was very kind and attentive without hovering-just perfect. Overall, a lovely experience. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds expectations.Quicksilver13Dined on 12/25/2013My family had Christmas brunch there. The food and service were both very good. The price was reasonable. It's a great place for large groups, as it's very low key. We enjoyed it very much, and will go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas BrunchyumyuminthetumtumsDined on 12/25/2013Great spread and lovely staff made it a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerBobandfamilyDined on 12/21/2013We enjoyed our family holiday dinner....staff was very attentive and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast buffet recovers its mojoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/15/2013For about a two month period, Tusca Restaurant's Breakfast buffet slipped a bit but I am happy to report that it is squarely back on its feet. Food quality and presentation were much improved from my last visit three weeks earlier, with a nice broad selection of fresh fruits in particular. Service was, as usual, excellent. It was, once again, a very, very nice and relaxing breakfast on a Sundary morning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for price & qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/10/2013We had a business lunch get together at TusCa, there were 9 of us and everyone enjoyed the appetizers & their meals. Great service, excellent food quality and reasonable prices. Our server was great with plenty of helpers keeping up with our requests. This was everyone's first time at TusCa and we gave it a thumbs up. The ambience was definitely "hotely" and not warm or intimate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Holiday MealFredDined on 11/28/2013We had the Thanksgiving banquet. The food was wonderful, and the dessert buffet was great. Pumpkin pie needed more whipped cream. Service was awesome.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving dinnerLynnDined on 11/28/2013Two of us were orphans for Thanksgiving this year. Thank you for being open and having delicious food and excellent service! I enjoyed the traditional thanksgiving dinner and my friend enjoyed having other options. The desserts were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013Food is good and service is decent. A kid friendly place as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TusCA Hyatt Regency Santa ClaraFoodaliciousVIPDined on 11/18/2013Hyatt Santa Clara runs deals where you can get breakfast included with your room at TusCA restaurant. It is a great value for the biz traveler and the breakfast buffet is a nice spread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect For Conference LunchesSydeleDined on 10/31/2013I always use TusCA for lunch when attending a conference at the SC Convention Center. It is convenient and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceTopConventionMtgPlaceDined on 10/28/2013Inattentive service. Mediocre food not worth hue price paid.
- Breakfast buffet has slippedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/13/2013The kitchen and selections have slipped a significant notch in quality my last two visits. Too bad, it had been quite excellent. Cheese selections are down from three options to a single option. Pastries were also very disappointing. What had seem like fruit pastries you would buy in Paris, I have been eating but a biteful, fruit pastries that seem store bought and not always fresh. Both the imagination and quality are gone. Worse, the kitchen overcooked my omelettes the last two occasion, with this weekend being mostly inedible. The main chef was apparently not working those days, but his assistant clearly needs better training in both cooking and seasoning. Some buffet table selections were also "off." Service still excellent.
- waiter forgot to bring breadBB234VIPDined on 10/11/2013waiter forgot to bring bread while we waited and had to be prompted to refill water glasses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Weekend Breakfast buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/22/2013It was a full house with another 20 to 30 people in line so that they could not honor my Sunday 8:30 am reservation. They must have read my previous 5-star reviews. (LOL) So we re-booked it for 9:30, which turned out to be nicer as it was less crowded and noisy. While they have reduced their cheese and fresh pastries selections (too bad, they were really great), the buffet choices are still excellent. And, they now serve their very popular Tuscan Eggs Benedict (included in the buffet) in two ways -- one traditionally done with a soft egg yolk and the other done (non-traditionally) with a firm egg yolk. Jorge, our server, provided excellent and friendly service. Our omelettes and waffles were excellent too. Still a winner.I would recommend this to a friend.