2147 W Roscoe
Chicago, IL 60618Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.turquoisedining.com/
- Phone: 7735493523
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Mustafa Guler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Turquoise
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Turquoise - Best Restaurants in Roscoe Village ›
Turquoise reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (17)special occasion (13)romantic (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Was much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Came back after 2 years with guests, service was bad, food did not come at once like before. Service was slow, we reserved at an early time so we can be out on time and took close to 2 hours to get done.
- A new fave!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time dining at Turquoise. We were searching for a spot near Mercury theater. What a find! The food and service were outstanding. My husbands tuna was especially delicious. Our waiter was so helpful in assisting us with choices. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fave!RVRGRLDined on 8/29/2014We visit our daughter in Chicago and love to come to Turquoise when we are in town. It's a very welcoming place and the food is wonderful. You can't go wrong with any choice from the varied menu, but I head right for the lamb dishes - wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HummusOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The Hummus and Eggplant with the bread they bake is worth going for before even getting to the entréeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor service.LouperDined on 8/2/2014We've dined here many times & the food is normally good to very good, but the service is typically very, very slow, albeit polite. Last visit, we waited for 15mins just to get water & menus, then another 15mins went & I got up and asked for a server. We ordered apps, salads & entrees. Apps came out relatively quick, but then no salads. Much later entrees arrived; salads never came. As we finished our entrees, a server came with the salads, which we politely asked they be taken back, as we were done eating. Our server came over to apologize & try to get us to take the salads, but we said it was way too late & we'd just take the check, thanks. We won't be back.
- Poor ServiceChipDined on 8/2/2014We had a party of four on a busy Saturday night, and the place slammed. The hostess was doing a good job of juggling the crowd. Our waiter started out as a nice guy, but then disappeared. He took our order around 7:40 p.m. and then we waited and waited and waited for food - or some report on the food. Nada, until finally he came by shortly before 9 p.m. to say the food would be out soon. And it was, and it was pretty good, but at that point, our folks were overly hungry and dismayed. It is easy to understand a nice place being overwhelmed on a summer Saturday night. Much harder to appreciate the Mysterious Disappearing Waiter.
- FreezingFrozenDined on 8/1/2014We sat at a table that was in direct line of the air conditioning. It wasn't a real warm night and it really wasn't necessary. We asked if they could turn it down and they said they would raised the temperature, which they did for about a half hour and then it was freezing again. If I go back and they want me to sit there, I will get up and leave. Also, the woman who seated us was not very friendly. I had raved about the service at Turquoise to these cousins of mine and was very disappointed. I don't know what happened to the gentleman who used to host there, but I wish he came back.
- great ambience, good foodSergioRDined on 7/31/2014We've been here for brunch before, which we LOVE LOVE LOVE. We came for dinner this time and really enjoyed the outdoor dining; very nice ambience (little touch of Europe). The filet mignon, which my friend ordered, and braised short rib (which I ordered) were great, but the polenta that came with mine was just too heavy for my liking. My wife and friend's girlfriend both ordered the gorgonzola and red pepper chicken. They didn't realize it was breaded and drowned in a gorgonzola soup... way too heavy and not enough flavor. Overall, good food and we'll come back again and try new dishes.Special Features:
- food is good, service is horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014The food was reallly good but we waited for more the 1h to get our food and it wasn't very busy...!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food always goodCG75VIPDined on 7/27/2014I have eaten here quite a bit. The food is consistently good and is clearly made fresh. Our last visit, we ate outside on a Sunday evening. Service was crazy slow. Don't know if kitchen short staffed or everyone came at once, but we waited an hour for our entree. It was very good, but the wait soured our mood. We will come again, but will have to be prepared to stay a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go! You Won't Be Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/27/2014Wow -- dish after dish was just wonderful. Even if you're suspicious about whether or not you like Turkish cuisine -- go. I guarantee you will love it.Special Features:
- Great food, nice ambianceAubiefanDined on 7/25/2014This was a great dining experience for a Friday-night date. The bar has a good selection, and the food was excellent. The vegetarian entrée options are a bit limited in terms of protein, but I ordered the Turkish Delight and it was excellent with an extremely generous portion of hummus. The free focaccia-type bread was a huge bonus as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but hope you like saltBBrownVIPDined on 7/23/2014The food is high quality, but chef has a heavy hand with salt. Server not well versed in how to dissect a whole fish.Special Features:
- Always a great mealsg0515VIPDined on 7/12/2014Something for everyone, and the food is always fresh and tasty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hair in my salad- yours may be fineomnivorousDined on 7/8/2014I live around the hood so always thought that dinner would be my first experience. Instead I had a business lunch. Waitstaff seems a bit on their own time/schedule. there was a hair in my salad. And the music in the men's room was CRANKED so loud. Food overall was average to good. Except for the hair in the salad. I'd go back. my wife probably won't give it a first chance for dinner (she was not at my business lunch) so not sure when I'd get back there again. I like the variety and Mediterranean hybrid nature of the menu. My review is not to dissuade people from going. I just think the staff needs a little more attention paid to needs of patrons. and hairnets should be worn in the kitchen.
- Just so delicious!MRCIFRNDined on 7/5/2014I've been to Turquoise 3 times now and can't wait to go back again! The food is imaginative, reasonably priced, and always flavorful. The chef could be a bit less heavy-handed with the butter in an effort to make the dishes more heart-healthy, but other than that, everything I've eaten there has been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodPChaVIPDined on 6/30/2014All the preparations are delicious. .my personal favorite is the Adana KababSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!EllenVIPDined on 6/30/2014I love returning to this terrific restaurant. Staff are friendly even when very busy. This is genuine Turkish cooking, not the imitation stuff some other places offer.Special Features:
- Dependably YummyMamaTemboVIPDined on 6/8/2014I brought 4 friends who had not been to Turquoise before- they loved it. Me too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone looked so happykd8rVIPDined on 6/6/2014We must have ordered the wrong things here (lamb kabobs, chicken kabobs and a eggplant dish) as nothing blew us away but other tables seemed very happy. The hummus was good and the bread delicious and warm. Ran into a friend there and it's one of their go to places but we won't be going back.
- The hummus is fantasticJeffChicagoVIPDined on 6/6/2014They have a very nice outdoor space, and the interior opens up to the outside as well, making this a great place to dine when the weather is nice. The hummus is very very good, and I've been pleased with the entrees I've had here as well.Special Features:
- Good food, non attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014I've been wanting to try turqouise for awhile the menu looks very interesting. The food was good but the service was lacking. The best part of all of our meals was the mashed olive oil potatoesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantSeanDined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed the food... All very well prepared and tasty. Dessert, however, was just OK. Pretty loud place, so not the best for conversation. Service a bit slow, but they were very busy so nothing to complain about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TurquoiseLenieVIPDined on 5/19/2014Great service, reasonably priced food cooked fresh. Very accommodating, we were late. Huge and varied menu. Anyone could find a satisfying meal for any diet. The bread and vegetable spread. . . Delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2014restaurant not busy but service inattentive. waiter missed ordering my husband's entree so that he had to wait near 20 minutes for it to be cooked. by then the rest of our part of 5 was nearly finished. also, food not nearly as good as in past. we will not return.
- The following 244 reviews are from the Turquoise reviews archive.
- Good food, reasonable pricesMattVIPDined on 5/3/2014Four of us dined at Turquoise, a restaurant two of us had been to before. Everyone enjoyed their entrees, two had filet mignon and were surprised at how large it was. It also was perfectly cooked to order. Another had a chicken kabob and enjoyed it and the sides. I had rack of lamb, five double chops cooked to perfection with a side of wonderful grilled vegetables. As we were full we did not have dessert. Come enjoy the great food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely returnPoissonDined on 5/2/2014We had to have a fairly rushed dinner in order to make it to a concert, and that was unfortunate because the food was delicious and worth savoring more slowly. The genre "Mediterranean" doesn't adequately describe the cooking - seems likely to be Turkish, lots of Middle eastern influences. Plenty of garlic, which we enjoy. Smoked eggplant appetizer was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBelle60657Dined on 5/2/2014I've lived in Roscoe Village for almost 10 years and have never gone to Turquoise, boy was I missing out. Everything was superb from the appetizers (endive salad and grilled calamari) to the main course (chicken lemo) to dessert (chocolate soufflé). Wonderful flavors, seasoned perfectly (my mouth is watering just writing this). I plan on going all the time now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemNancyDined on 4/29/2014Turquoise, the stone, is considered a semi-previous gem; Turquoise, the Turkish restaurant, is a bonafide precious gem of a restaurant. The ambience is charming, the service attentive and friendly, and the food might be called haute-Turkish because the kitchen takes food and presentation from that region of the world up a notch.Special Features:
- Always a great choiceChikindVIPDined on 4/28/2014Good food at great prices!! Interesting and value-price wine listSpecial Features:
- AnnieDined on 4/27/2014Went on a Sunday early eve thinking a nice quiet dinner with friends. Wrong. It was Terribly loud full of groups of 6 or more. Seemed like family night. Good food and service, but never again Sunday eve. We didn't lingerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish a delightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014I had eaten Turkish food a few times before, but my first visit to Turquoise convinced me of the greatness of the cuisine. We were four in our party and tried at least 8 different items. Everything was beautifully presented, and the flavors just made us wild. Among apps, the zucchini pancakes are justly famous, but the sogurme (eggplant/yogurt) and lahmacun (sort of a pizza) were wonderful as well. The braised lamb wrapped in eggplant was my favorite, but the gnocchi with braised oxtail ragu was a standout also. Can't wait to try the other dishes. The restaurant was crazy busy on Saturday night and the seating is a bit tight, but the service was as warm and attentive as could be. I can't believe I didn't know about this place before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously reliableRegularJoeVIPDined on 4/24/2014I have become a Turquiose 'regular' and I have never had a bad meal thereSpecial Features:
- Special neighborhood placeSuziVIPDined on 4/24/2014Always the best food. Great selections, great wines and a great timeSpecial Features:
- Cute spot for Turkish foodAmberVIPDined on 4/20/2014The flavors seem to be dialed down for a "Chicago" palate – I wish the spices were a little more robust in some of the dishes. The Turkish delight is a great option for vegetarians, a medley of delicious sautéed veggies on a plate of hummus. The hummus isn't the best in town, but they make their own pide bread and it's served warm. Very delicious, so order a few spreads to accompany it. If you like meat, try the lamb sausage. Desserts are forgettable. Just head to Paciugo up the street instead. Service is a little lackadaisical but it's nice to be able to sit outside now that the weather is nicer.Special Features:
- very differentLettuce100058Dined on 4/20/2014Regular menu for Easter. A very reasonable price fixed meal. Delicious and abundant. The only issue is all the food came at once. Selections should have been leisurely paced. We had no room on the table.Special Features:
- Turquoise is deliciousmarkyinthemixDined on 4/19/2014This was our 2nd visit to Turquoise Cafe and we'll be back for a 3rd! The food is beautifully presented and delicious. Staff members are friendly and efficient without bothering you. The baklava (sp?) is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, excellent serviceMattVIPDined on 4/5/2014Half of our party of four had never been to Turquoise before. They were glad I had chosen it and expressed great satisfaction with the food and service. We arrived earlier than expected, but were seated immediately anyway. We found the creamy lentil soup truly wonderful. Each member enjoyed their entrees -- one had a rack of lamb, more to eat than he had expected, two had lamb kabob and both found it delicious with good sides, and I had beef kabob, which I also found delicious with good sides. One of us had an order of mashed potatoes which he found superior. Desserts of ice cream sherbet and rice pudding were great, the rice pudding is especially to be enjoyed. We had a wonderful dinner, good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The evening my friends andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/2/2014The evening my friends and I met there was a quiet weeknight. The service was great and the food was tasty. The restaurant was filled and in additional there was a large party of 25-30 celebrating a wedding.Special Features:
- very nice restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014very nice restaurant with good food,service and people/guests,ossobucco was excellent,my wife had sea bass foiled in salt also excellent and it was a good size fish more than enough for one person,a will visit againSpecial Features: