Turner Fisheries Restaurant and Bar
10 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Turner Fisheries Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.turnersboston.com/
- Phone: 6174247425x
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: Monday - Saturday 4:00PM -10:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00PM -10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Dan Pogue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Turner Fisheries provides an intimate & beautiful setting for your private event.Our three private dining rooms accommodate up to 140 people for seated functions & up to 200 for receptions. Our Executive Chef can design specialized menus inspired by the freshest sustainable New England ingredients.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Sprouse 8776860863
- Special Events: Kids Eat Free at Turner Fisheries with the purchase of an adult entree. (Valid Monday - Saturday, 5:00 - 7:00pm)
A word from Turner Fisheries Restaurant and Bar
Turner Fisheries is conveniently located in Boston's historic Back Bay. Voted Boston’s “Best Clam Chowder,” by Boston Magazine and awarded "Best Seafood Restaurant" by Boston's People's Choice Awards, Chef de Cuisine Jason Bautista takes pride in delivering fresh, creative and classic seafood creations nightly. Turner Fisheries also features three private dining rooms accommodating up to 140 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Turner Fisheries Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- We learned that Saturday wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2013We learned that Saturday was the last night and the restaurant was closing. It was a wonderful restaurant and we were sad to hear this.Special Features:
- our experience at turners fisheriesfernandozapataDined on 12/19/2013It was recommended by a friend who said: "if you go to Boston, you have to go to Turner fisheries; their clam chowder is unbelievable". Not only I follow his recommendation but also enjoyed great service and ambiance! Congratulations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were Christmas shoppingPrincessDined on 12/13/2013We were Christmas shopping in Boston and decided to try Turner fisheries for the 1.00 oysters at the bar. We ended up staying and having dinner and drinks. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept "Secret"PaulVIPDined on 12/5/2013The food is consistently outstanding, presented beautifully and delicious. Wait staff is very professional and the decor is sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/3/2013The food was good, but not exceptional. Sea Bass was bland and polenta was dry with no sauce. The restaurant's decor looks very high end. The service was not what you would expect from this type of restaurant. My soup was delivered to the wrong table. We had to ask twice for a refill on water. Probably would not return.
- Nice mealDeeDeeDined on 11/29/2013We ended up at Turner after a day of walking through the city with out of town guests. It was not busy, since it was the day after Thanksgiving. Service at the bar and at our table were very good, and we all enjoyed our meal very much. Only caveat is that it is cold near the windows in winter.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving was specialCindyBearDined on 11/28/2013We decided to visit Boston for Thanksgiving, but needed a place to eat Thanksgiving dinner. WOW we're we not only impressed by the large variety of choices, but the delicious flavor each menu item had. So glad we decided to eat at Turner Fisheries. Last visit to Boston we ate much and enjoyed it tremendously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality - no surprisesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/23/2013Always enjoy the top quality seafood prepared predictably well. Clam chowder is as good as it gets.I would recommend this to a friend.
- out to dinnersnowwhite50Dined on 11/23/2013We decided to go to a fish place and this place is wonderful food was great and service was awesome...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceLeslyDined on 11/22/2013Had a wonderful meal, Lobster Risotto, but it took very long and our server was not very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/20/2013I was staying at the Westin so this was convenient. Ate there twice, and both times, with the exception of the clam chowder and bread which were excellent, the food was mediocre. Stuffed shrimp was room temperature with a dollop of stuffing apparently added after the shrimp was cooked, so no blending of flavors. The lobster special - tail and two claws over mixed vegetables in a light cream sauce. The lobster was tough. Cheesecake dessert an individual round cake didn't have much flavor. Boston cream pie, again an individual portion was white cake with a chocolate icing. Didn't really taste any cream filling, although the cake was pretty moist. So, not bad for a hotel restaurant, but definitely not a place to go out of your way for.
- Best clam chowderGaylaDined on 11/19/2013This restaurant is a must for anyone visiting Boston. Everything we ordered was delicious. Our favorite was the clam chowder. Lobster was excellent. Atmosphere was inviting and waiter was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just another seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013The food was just okay. The price you paid it's nothing special about this place. Definitely overpriced because of the locationSpecial Features:
- Best clam chowderjmarreroDined on 11/15/2013The clam chowder is amazing. The rest of the food was great. Awesome service and attention. They gave my gf a free dessert for her birthday, nice touch.Special Features:
- Good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2013This was our second time at this restaurant, and it was not as special as we remembered it. The server was very good and helpful but a little too solicitous, hovering a little too much. The Jonah crab avacado salad had nice greens and dressing but rather sparse with the crab and far too much apple. I had the lobster risotto which was a bit too salty and very little lobster - with the exception of the tail meat on the top. The stuffed shrimp were "good but not great," and the crabmeat in the stuffing, advertised as lump crabmeat, was not lump crabmeat. The drinks were excellent as were the desserts. My husband asked for berries and was very pleased with the mix of blackberries, raspberries and blueberries - which weren't even on the menu.
- Waiter was not VERY attentive.RichieVIPDined on 11/9/2013Waiter was not VERY attentive. Had to get his attention on numerous occassionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelykashuVIPDined on 11/8/2013I was encouraged to try Turner Fisheries by a friend and told to have the fried oysters - alas there were no such thing on the menu however the broiled oysters were wonderful! Our waiter was attentive enough, but very quiet and quite on in years - seemed that he had a hard time hearing us sometimes which I suppose made for a less than stellar though very adequate service experience. I loved the atmosphere, the bar area is spacious and vibrant with interesting, well made cocktails. Its location is perfect for anyone staying in the area for the convention center access - you can get there indoors from most hotels. I would definitely go back - it could be an "outstanding" ranking with the right people and the right food choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013The selection of food was very poor and the portion size was extremely small. Very disappointing.
- Really nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2013Enjoyed the restaurant. Food was great and service was fabulous. Will definitely dine here again when I am in Boston.Special Features:
- Mom and daughter dinnerToniDined on 11/5/2013I was in Boston on business. I live in Atlanta and my daughter lives in CT. She took the train up to see me and we had a wonderful meal. It was really cold outside but the Bouillabaisse was warm and wonderful. The hostess placed us in a cozy corner. I don't see her as much as I'd like so it was great to chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceRodeWarriurDined on 10/26/2013We went to Turner based on a recommendation from a friend who said they had the best Chowdah' in New England. It turns out that they actually were awarded best chowder, but only back in 2005...Our waiter's presentation was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and gave great wine recommendation for our entrée (we split the swordfish). Both of us got the chowder and it was "amazeballs". A very hearty variety indeed as every morsel was packed with clams and potatoes. Definitely not your grandma's soupy clam chowder. The entrée wasn't out of this world but the presentation and garnishes went well with the dish. We were afforded in depth service by the restaurant staff for a question about the origin of the word "cocktail".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely experience for outlambieDined on 10/26/2013A lovely experience for out of towners. Very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm sorry to say that ourDinerDined on 10/19/2013I'm sorry to say that our experience was not that great. The food was just so so. The service was very slow. The restaurant was very hard to find and if we hadn't called ahead of time we never would have found parking.
- Good Food, Strange AmbienceKJWDenverDined on 10/19/2013We booked dinner at Tuner Fisheries based on on-line reviews. They sat us right away. However, our table was freezing. We had to keep on our jackets during the entire dinner. Also, our waiter spoke very little English and was a bit hard to understand. We were never quite sure if he was ready to take our order. Having said that, they were having $1 oyster happy hour and the oysters were delicious. The chowder was some of the best I had - less milky (how I like it) with lots of clams and flavor. I shared a quinoa dish with my husband that was also very good. Not the best atmosphere, but the food was good enough that I'd be willing to try again - especially for the oyster happy hour.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Limited MenuVeritasVIPDined on 10/19/2013Have been here many times and the food and service is always good. It also is almost always easy to get a reservation - though that may not be good news for the restaurant (which I believe is now owned by the Westin). However, the menu is very limited, not giving guests many choices.Special Features:
- Just OKCurleeDined on 10/16/2013I had fond memories of delicious meals at this restaurant from when I lived in Boston 20 years ago. So, when my relatives were visiting and staying at the Westin, I suggested meeting there for dinner. The fish tasted very fresh and properly cooked, but the seasoning was very bland. Our waiter was unable to give any advice on the menu, and then got one of our orders wrong. He seemed a very sweet older gentleman, but not entirely compis mentis. The manager noticed the mistake and immediately offered a complimentary bottle of wine. Overall, what was supposed to be a special evening was just OK.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2013I walk by this place everyday and the specials listed always look fantastic so I thought I'd give it a try. The restaurant was decorated great, but freezing. Our server was nice but not very informative. I had to ask for the specials and even then I'm not sure which was the appetizer and entree. It took a long time for him to take our order and then for the food to come out (at least 30 minutes between pas and dinner). The oysters were delicious but not shucked well. I ordered the sea bass with the goat cheese polenta for dinner. The bass was overcooked and the polenta was very dry and clearly reheated. My dad ordered the clam chowder for dinner and it wasn't anything special. We didn't stick around for dessert and won't be coming back.
- Good food in a quiet restaurantBackBayArtistVIPDined on 10/10/2013My friend and I were headed to a concert at Symphony Hall and had a very tasty dinner here beforehand. We had asked for a quiet table and were very pleased with our surroundings as well as the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerGeorgeepaDined on 10/5/2013We had a really nice table and warm welcomes from the Maitre'd and server. We started with two of their special martini's -- mine, made with apple cider should have been delicious by the menu description - it wasn't. It was so bad I sent it back. My wife's wasn't too bad, but I tasted it too and didn't like it one bit. The appetizers were delicious, as were the entrees. We were too full for dessert, but had a really nice time. We had a small round booth for our table which made for a cozy setting where we both could see each other and the people going by. Its not at all a "cheap date" location, but made for a great anniversary dinner celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB BACK BAY SEAFOOD RESTAURANTBartholdi350Dined on 10/5/2013We've dined here many time and prefer it to the more popular chain seafood restaurants. This one is unique with great service and great cusine. Starwood diners come here in droves along with the locals. This is a must and reservations should be done through OPENTABLE.COM. If you are a Starwood member please present your card for a sizable discount. Don, Henry, Mike, Ton of Palm Beach and BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Lobster SpecialsDaveGDined on 10/4/2013Wide variety to choose from, but daily lobster specials are solid bets. Thoroughly enjoyed two dinners there with excellent waiter (Pete)- Especially interesting were their zucchini gaspacho puree and delightful Sea Bass w/ anaheim pepper polenta.Special Features:
- FantasticFoodieDined on 10/3/2013The food and device were absolutel perfect! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealHappyVIPDined on 9/28/2013The food was wonderful and the service was fantastic. We had visitors from Japan and we had to take our time to explain. The waiter was so patient. We all had a nice time and will be back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surprise.PaulVIPDined on 9/26/2013The swordfish was outstanding and beautifully presented. The ambience is sophisticated but very comfortable and we sat in a booth which was surprisingly private even though it was in the middle of the room. This last minute choice turned out to be a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findAnskiDined on 9/21/2013The food was amazing, as was the service. Highly recommend that others try this restaurant for the food, especially their Lobster Risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston Gem!CreolaDined on 9/20/2013We truly enjoyed our lovely dinner at Turner Fisheries as well as the outstanding service. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- best fish around BostontigraccDined on 9/16/2013excellent chef; great fish, seafood and meat, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated the birthdayAlex1Dined on 9/12/2013We celebrated the birthday at that restaurant. We wanted to try lobsters, but it was impossible- they finished at 7 p. m.)) The bill was 163$, we leave a tip 27$, and still the waiter lied to by a score, he took off from credit card 212$. He thought that we did not notice because we are foreigners. When we asked about it, he said "it is from the VISA's commission. "))His name is Robert 221. We have not received any birthday greetings or apology from the restaurant. The holiday was ruined. I do not recommend this restaurant to visitors .
- Great seafood, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2013We were in Boston for a business trip. Seafood was fresh and very well prepared. We had a couple of flights of oysters, which were very good. Our waiter, Robert, was extremely professional and helpful. Great place for some of the best seafood in Boston.
- Wished I had gone somewhere elsecharisDined on 8/30/2013The place wasn't all that busy. We got our main mail just over an hour after we sat down. I had to finally go looking for our waiter to see what the delay was. No explanation given. He was somewhat plastic in his interaction. Seemed like he was polished, until you pinned him down on something, and he would quickly go away and brush off any comment. (I'm pretty easy going.) We had four in our party. The food portions were smaller than I am used to.