Turmeric Indian Restaurant
2300 Lehigh Avenue, Suite 125
Glenview, IL 60026Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Turmeric Indian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.turmericindia.com/
- Phone: 8477305182
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm daily,
Dinner:Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 500pm- 9:00pm Friday, saturday and Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Takeout
A word from Turmeric Indian Restaurant
Authentic North and South Indian Cuisine. Everyday lunch buffet. Free lunch buffet for kids under 5 and 1/2 price for kids under 10.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Turmeric Indian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014The food recommendation had just enough heat! and was delicious. The waitress helped us pick food that was not too hot and was varied enough to give us a good smorgasbord of Indian food. Would definitely go back!!Special Features:
- A Great FindDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014It was our first time here. We were looking for something different (we don't eat Indian food often) and decided to take a chance. We were extremely impressed. There is an authenticity to the food, besides it being very tasty. Our waitress was very helpful. They also did a nice job being accurate with the "spiciness levels." So often at Mexican, Indian and Chinese restaurants if you want medium spicy (some kick to it but not overpowering), you get hardly any spiciness. Here, medium spicy was medium. We'll be going back.Special Features:
- Nice location + innovative optionskalwaniDined on 8/30/2014I usually do not get to visit the NorthWest areas of the greater Chicago area much, so this was worth the trip. Plenty of seating, Iliked the innovative items presented on the menu - one which caught my fancy was "Palak Chaat" (Spinach Tangy Appetizer). Duly impressed. The place has a South Indian bent to it - so I sampled the Dosas - nice, crispy and spicy. They also serve the usual fare of North Indian dishes as well as Southern versions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first time eating at Turmeric and we are sure to come back. The food was delicious (especially the Naan bread!) and the atmosphere comfortable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dishes!MSofGDined on 8/1/2014Very authentic Indian food with lots of unique South Indian dishes that you can't get anywhere else. We let the owner give us some recommendations and they were all outstanding. We have been going to India House in the past, but this is even better food wise. The Interior Decor could use some help, but the outstanding service made up for that a hundred times, we are hooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location - terribly MEDIOCREVinuVIPDined on 7/24/2014I would not recommend this - the food is VERY mediocre and overpriced!
- Chalet133VIPDined on 7/16/2014A trip down memory lane - we enjoyed British Indian restaurants while living in London. Turmeric hit the spot! Very unique to the north shore area.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Turmeric Indian Restaurant reviews archive.
- First Rate Indian RestaurantEhnicfanDined on 4/26/2014Turmeric provides the Chicago North Shore with access to Indian food as good as the best available in the Devon Avenue Indian neighborhood. The staff are helpful and friendly. In addition to the choices commonly available at good Indian restaurants, the menu offers South Indian selections that are very good indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014It is wonderful to finally have a really good Indian restaurant in the neighborhood. The food is outstanding (though be sure and ask for "mild" unless you like really spicy!) and the service friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Underrated Indian FareGreznerVIPDined on 3/14/2014We went here on a Friday night before a movie in The Glen. This was my second visit, and I can't speak to the experience of others on this site, but I truly believe this is an underrated restaurant. The service is timely and friendly, the food is wonderful...and that is from someone who has eaten Indian food many, many times (including in India). We share a couple of vegetarian curries and nan. The curries were perfectly spiced and bursting with flavor. The nan was warm, light and had just the right amount of butter glaze on it. For the Indian experience in suburban Chicago, this is an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Glad we tried it onceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014A bit disappointing. Some food was not fully heated through. Bathroom was a disaster with nonfunctional sink, no toilet paper and quite dirty/messy. Wait staff was only moderately friendly. Great location but disappointing experience overall. Had requested a birthday acknowledgement for our bill payer but received none. Will never return.
- Food was OK not greatawesomeVIPDined on 2/22/2014I have had much better Indian food at other restaurants in Chicagoland area
- North Suburbs Indian JewelEhnicfanDined on 2/15/2014A real Indian restaurant find in Chicago North Shore suburbs every bit as good as the best in Chicago's Devon Av Indian neighborhood. South Indian as well as standard Indian favorites. Kashmiri naan and shrimp Chloe were unusually delicious, but food excellent across the board.Special Features:
- Staffing issuesIlikefoodDined on 2/14/2014The owner was running around trying her best to keep everything going but, people were upset about some timing issues. I saw two staffers arrive while we waited for our table. Things went well for us and the food was very good. Not a lot of Indian choices in the burbs but, the place will does the job of filing that niche nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left without taking foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Service is pathetic. After waiting thirty mins we didn't even get the menu! Horrible service spoiled Valentine eve. Won't recommend ever.
- Don't waste your timeLisaDined on 2/14/2014After being away from Chicago for the last five years, my husband and I were excited to come back and enjoy all the great restaurant the City and the suburbs had to offer. We headed to Turmeric in Glenview. The menu had many choices but if you're not familiar with Indian cuisine can be overwhelming. We ordered samosa for an appetizer, garlic naan bread, tandoori chicken and one other chicken dish that was covered in curry plus two Indian beers. After 20 mins. The tandoori chicken arrived. The outside flavor of the chicken was quite delightful until we cut into it and noticed the chicken was still raw! Blood on the bone and pink flesh! We never received our appetizer. Service is slow and the food undercooked. We will never come back.
- The food was delicious andHillsVIPDined on 2/1/2014The food was delicious and the service was fantastic! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Turmeric. The food was absolutely delicious, wonderful spices, etc... The service was great too. We had several servers and a manager talk with us and show interest in our experience. I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. It's the best Indian restaurant on the north shore!Special Features:
- Return visit was pleasant surpriseyumyum2VIPDined on 12/21/2013We had visited this place when they first opened and were not interested in returning. When we went back recently, we were pleasantly surprised. The menu has expanded and the variety of choices has improved. The hostess, might have been owner, was extremely attentive and saw that we were happy with everything. She checked back several times. It was a cold, rainy night and there were few people in the place which I was sad to see because it has improved so much. I do not care that much for indian food. I went because my friend loves it. It really was pretty good for this non-lover of spice, yet was pleasing for my friend who loves it. If you have tried it in the past and not cared for it, give it another try, you might like it as I did.Special Features:
- Out of the way place, overallmerledVIPDined on 11/30/2013Out of the way place, overall I have had better Indian food. My husband asked for his mild and it was very spicy. My tikkah was pretty good as was the nahn bread. If you have a taste for Indian food in the area, this one is fine, but India House in Buffalo Grove is much better.
- I was surprised that theyTurmericDined on 10/12/2013I was surprised that they brought one person the wrong entre. They took it back and said it would be 20-25 minutes to wait. We said to hold our dinners, but they were brought out within 5 minutes (and not held). There was no feelings of being sorry for bringing chicken instead of fish.
- Good Indian food, excellent serviceChicagoguy55Dined on 10/9/2013The staff was so incredibly nice. That alone made our evening wonderful. The food was pretty good too. We came for a late dinner. We can't wait to try the buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good; delicious and fun!ChicagoDiner07VIPDined on 10/4/2013Thanks for accommodating us. We had a wonderful time and the food was so great. It was much more fun to go socially, than during a business meal when I was not able to enjoy the food as much. The chutney's were amazing and the four dishes we ordered were all very good. The service was 'A'. We expected good food, not great, so we are excited to go back again in the next few weeks. This could easily become one of our 'go to spots'!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service and they don't careOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/20/2013Food was very late and when we complained, they did nothing. In our case, they brought out all food but naan. Then when the naan arrived, no apologies or comments. The other table next door received a credit due to late food. We weren't even offered this. Water glasses never refilled; We never had a refill on our other drinks. When we told the owner, we received no apologies. Obviously, customer service is not a priority at Tumeric. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Great Indian food in the suburbsProsperoDined on 8/31/2013We've been to Turmeric three times, and the food has been excellent every time. The menu is varied and the food authentic. The waitstaff if helpful if you don't know much about Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/26/2013You have to try Tumeric. The food is amazing. Venture out and try something new. Just ask the waitress. You will be pleasantly suprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian food. TheGerryVIPDined on 7/14/2013Excellent Indian food. The tandoori chicken had a very nice, smoky flavor. Vegetarian dishes were great. Kashmiri naan was like a desert bread. Only the papadums were a bit disappointing -- slightly stale. We will definitely come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went back for our secondmichaelVIPDined on 7/6/2013We went back for our second visit and found it just as good the second time around. This is an excellent option for Indian cuisine in the Northshore area. My only complaint is the outdoor patio was closed on a bright sunny evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well prepared, authenticGerryVIPDined on 6/16/2013Very well prepared, authentic Indian food. Some dishes that you won't easily find elsewhere. We will definitely return.
- We'll be backmichaelVIPDined on 6/15/2013Surprisingly good. Having seen mixed reviews online we were expecting something a bit more uneven but found the food to be well seasoned and prepared, and the service was helpful, knowledgeable and not in the way. The menu is well executed, small (especially when compared with other Indian cuisine in the area) but it has more regional variety, and some dishes that are not found elsewhere. Goat is more often than not overcooked, but not here, where it was tender and tasty. This is a definite step up for Indian food in the Northshore and a worthy option for Indian food lovers tired of the same old thing in Buffalo Grove and Highland Park.
- A different tastebarryVIPDined on 5/26/2013If you are not used to Indian food this may be an adventure. Many of the dishes are served in a bowl with some type of sauce. We asked for mild. While I know it's all relative if what we had is mild I would hate to try medium or hot. I could do with a bit more meat and less sauce for my dish. When all the meat chicken or lamb was eaten the bowl was still half full of sauce. Flavors were good, There is a huge variety on the menu so sharing is a good idea. I had their version of rice pudding for desert. Tasty and quite sweet in a thickened milk. The rice was a bit undercooked for my taste but that is probably the traditional way to serve it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Indian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/26/2013We vey much enjoyed our dinner at Turmeric. We lived in Asia for many years and traveled in India and so we are opinionated ... ;-D Devon Road has some good ones, but that's a drive. We're glad to have found a good restaurant so close to home.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewMobile123Dined on 5/26/2013We love Indian food since we lived in London. Unfortunately we were disappointed with our experience. While the nan bread and tandoori chicken were outstanding - the rest of the meal was not, And the atmosphere and service were not up to par. Standard Indian fare like the lamb korma was strange tasting and the tiny pieces of dry cubed lamb – there were only a few pieces.- were drowning in sauce. All our dishes had small amounts of food covered in massive amounts of sauce. So while portions appeared to be Generous the amounts of food in the dish was insignificant. Something as basic as mango chutney was inedible -- tasting soapy. We hope Tumerick can improve.
- Terrific placeformerYUPpieDined on 5/12/2013Turmeric is a warm friendly restaurant with exceptional food. They do not serve the standard Indian fare that one might find on Devon Ave. The owner greets every patron warmly and sincerely to the point that one gets the idea we are in her own home. She was very helpful in advising us on the degree of spice that each could tolerate and pointed us to items on the menu that she knew we would love. We had a great time.Special Features:
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013We went as a group for the Weekday Lunch Buffet. The food was amazing and the price was extremely reasonable considering how much we ate! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great addition to glenviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Great addition to glenviews restaurants! Will go back again!Special Features:
- Tumeric was just ok. TheLZfoodieDined on 3/2/2013Tumeric was just ok. The service was poor. We ordered medium spice level, it was too mild. Samosa's were very good.
- This is great Indian food.tommyVIPDined on 2/16/2013This is great Indian food. I lived in India for two years and this is the best local Indian restaurant I've been to.
- Food was good but restaurant coldOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013I felt extremely cold. I am not sure if they were trying to save on their heating bill. But my wife and I were freezing and this took away from the entire experience.Special Features:
- Had both an excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2013Had both an excellent dinner and got takeout for my boyfriend. I will definitely be back.Special Features: