New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
TurkishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.turkuazrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2126659541
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Mon - Sat 11am - 3:30pm Lunch 12pm - 5pm Dinner Sun - Thur 5pm - 11pm Fri - Sat 5pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer social and corporate catering. We can arrange trays passed hors d'euvres, food stations, sit down dinners and beerage & bar setups.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant can accommodate up to 150 guests and is an ideal venue for weddings, birthday parties, Bar and Bat Mitzvah's, baby showers. We have many years of experience in large party preparations.
- Private Party Contact: Deniz Kocak 2126659541
- Entertainment: Turkuaz Restaurant offers Belly Dance shows on Friday and Saturday evenings at 9:30pm.
- Special Events: Our restaurant can accommodate up to 150 guests and is an ideal venue for weddings, birthday parties, Bar and Bat Mitzvah's, baby showers. We have many years of experience in large party preparations.
A word from Turkuaz
Nestled on the Upper West Side, Turkuaz is a fusion between authentic Turkish cuisine and Mediterranean flavors, served in an ethnic ambiance. Turkuaz opened in the fall of 2000 with a vision of creating Upper West Side's finest authentic Turkish cuisine experience. Ever since, our unique decor and friendly servers have hosted many pleasant evenings, lunches and brunches. Turkuaz is as close as you can get to an escape.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Turkuaz reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (8)special occasion (8)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Very good Turkish restoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Very good Turkish resto in Manhatten. We were a group of seven and we ordered various appetizers, entrees (meats, fish, cabbage rolls) along with several mixed drinks and a bottle of Turkish wine. All was very good including excellent service. No complaints whatsoever which is all one can ask for.Special Features:
- gafOTDined on 8/10/2014I love the all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch, with its vast variety of cold and hot dishes and desserts. And the restaurant is unusually spacious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 8/3/2014I like this restaurant a lot. The only problem was that it was quite warm in there at first. For the most part, however, I will definitely continue my patronage of Turkuaz.Special Features:
- Always good.DelossDined on 7/28/2014I have eaten at Turkuaz many, many times, and I expect to go back many more times. They are always reliable. The staff is unfailingly polite and the food delighted me, as usual, and also delighted my friends, who had never been there. One of them was a vegetarian, and I ordered the assorted cold appetizers. "That's too much food," they cried, and then we polished them right off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go again! !OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/5/2014Loved the food, the service and the ambiance. The belly dancing was awesome! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdyOutDined on 6/15/201415 members of our family met for Sunday buffet brunch and we all had an amazing time. We were given a special section of the room that allowed great conversation. The food was wonderful for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. We will definitely do this again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The food was excellent, the service was fine, but the chairs in the front section were uncomfortable. We will eat in the back next time which will be soon.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014My friends and I enjoyed our dinner at Turkuaz. The meze appetizers are outstanding. Iskender kebab flavorful. My grandmother's manti is better, but that's OK. There are so many wonderful choices on the menu, I will go back and try more of Turkuaz's cooking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Special OccasionGastronomerDined on 5/11/2014We went on Mother’s Day and had a great experience. Turkuaz offered its regular Sunday brunch buffet at usual $24.99 price, very reasonable. Everything was fresh and tasty. Service excellent, ambience charming and worth trying and returning to.Special Features:
- The following 83 reviews are from the Turkuaz reviews archive.
- woofoosVIPDined on 4/21/2014great for quiet conversation but rather lackluster food.
- Entertaining & out of the ordinaryDaveDined on 4/6/2014This restaurant provides a little ambiance and is akin to having dinner in Turkey while on vacation. The dining room is situated under a tent and made me think I was back in Istanbul having dinner. The prices are reasonable, the food was plentiful and good enough. The service was not great but not bad either. In all I will go back as a fun time was had by all in our group of 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodJc0933Dined on 4/4/2014We arrived at around 9pm on a Friday night- just in time for the bellydancer's performance. Overall it was a great experience. The food and drinks were amazingly good (my boyfriend's lamb was cooked perfectly and tasted way better than I've ever tried before) and the belly dancer's performance was great. My one criticism would be that the service was a little slow- understandably so though considering how busy they are. From the outside the restaurant doesn't look like much but the back dining room is absolutely beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite BrunchgafOTDined on 3/30/2014I love the Sun. A-Y-C-E buffet brunch: a huge variety of delicious hot & cold dishes, from salads to meat & fish and desserts. The restaurant also is unusually spacious (for Manhattan).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceSJR25Dined on 3/29/2014The restaurant was decorated in a Turkish style, as if we dined under a tent. The food was flavorful and plentiful, the martinis were delicious, the waitstaff was very considerate, and the belly dancing show was fun (I participated!) This is a great place to visit for couples or groups, especially during the performance as it is interactive, so I think the more the merrier! I had the grilled chicken kabob pattie (I forgot the name) but it was tender, well spiced and just enough to be full without over doing it (though I did take half to go!) the baklava was good, tzatziki yummy, burek tasted like my mothers-overall a nice experience, I would recommend it to anyone who would like to try something without the hustle and bustle. Great place.Special Features:
- Warm EnvironmentCaroleVIPDined on 3/29/2014Warm, comfortable ambience and very attentive to needs...I like the experience of it.Special Features:
- CharmingbeckyDined on 3/14/2014The decor combined with the wait staff attire makes for a fun evening, and the food is just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillrinermoDined on 3/7/2014I love all things Turkish but the food here just doesn't measure up. It's ok but I don't think I'll go back unless someone really really wants to go. The service and ambience are quite good.
- Sunday at TurkuazNoraestellDined on 3/2/2014Our reservation was for 2:00 on a Sunday which may have been the problem - It took forever for anyone to wait on us - they were all too busy setting tables, etc. When we finally received our food they forgot the bread and rice that went with our lunches. It took forever to get those two components and then our waiter brought the rice but forgot the bread. The amount of food - one dumpling dish - that came was simply not worth the price. It was good but over priced. I've been to Turkuaz on other occassions - it was wonderful which is why I went back. This time it was not wonderful.Special Features:
- Spotty service. Good food,DBM1VIPDined on 2/22/2014Spotty service. Good food, but pricey for what it is and the neighborhood. I could like without the belly dancer - hokey.Special Features:
- Solid spotBryanDined on 2/1/2014Reasonable prices, good Turkish food, nice atmosphere, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for belly dancing@!!!FamtimeDined on 2/1/2014We were a group of 4 on Saturday night. We sat in the very back of the restaurant, in the "tented" area and were all by ourselves. Our server, Vlad, was incredibly accommodating, the food was quite good, and the variety and portions were great. But the best part was the belly dancer came into our area (asked by Vlad) and got us up to belly dance, and actually taught us how to do it! It was the highlight of the night. We will definitely go back, with a bigger group and hopefully many times!!Special Features:
- Out of the ordinaryrobwDined on 2/1/2014This was our third visit to Turquaz. The restaurant has been a consistent winner with its warm comfortable interior and its wonderful menu choices. If you enjoy food from the East, then you will be very pleased with Turquaz. Look at its menu online and you will see a selection of appetizers, hot and cold, as well as traditional Turkish dishes as well as ethnic twists on more modern fare. The service is uncrushed and attentive even during busy periods. You can't go wrong in trying this place.Special Features:
- The real deal!FrocoVIPDined on 1/31/2014This was my second time dining at Turkuaz and I look forward to many more visits! The food is really great - everything tastes fresh, well-seasoned and, from my point of view, authentic. The service is prompt and gracious. The staff is quick to add water to your glass - I was never without at least half a glass - and to make sure you are comfortable. We had a shaky table that became evident when I started cutting into my meal and a waiter came from out of no where to quickly fix it. The wine menu seems a bit limited but there is something for everyone. The cocktail menu is robust as well although I haven't had a cocktail on my visits. I believe they have belly dancing too on some nights and a dinner special for couples on Monday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the reasons I likesunshineVIPDined on 1/14/2014one of the reasons I like this place is that it is always quiet a rarity these days so that you can have good conversation without shouting and having trouble hearing. Also, the food is always consistent as is the wine and the prices remain reasonable along with good portion size. Long may it reign!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Turkish brunch buffetMechanicalKittyDined on 1/5/2014Turquaz is one of the few places in NYC with Turkish brunch buffet. I like it because they both have decent choices and they have a big area for groups (we are usually 8 to 15 people) so they will not kick you out after two hours (such as Turkish Kitchen do). My friends and I use brunch time to catch up and talk to each other not to rush and cram food from the buffet. Turquaz definitely allow you to relax and chat and eat. So, I like it. The wait staff are friendly, although sometime it takes a while for them to bring what you ask for. If you go in the afternoon, they sometimes run out things so going earlier is better if you want to try all the available options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for UWS Turkish foodart4fartVIPDined on 12/27/2013This is a good option for those craving Turkish food in the UWS. Menu is standard Turkish. Food is tasty and well-prepared, although nothing exceptional. Service is friendly. There is even belly dancing, for those who want the whole package. I found it a bit intrusive, as the dancing happened right next to me, and interfered with conversations at the table. But others were enjoying it.Special Features:
- Great foodJakeDined on 12/14/2013Great food and service. Took my parents there for their birthdays and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great dinner and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Turkish Sunday Brunch ChoiceBAMIDined on 12/8/2013I selected this venue for my wife's birthday, and it turned out to be a memorable Sunday Brunch experience. Particularly the variety of choices was generous, including vegetarian options. An authentic cuisine and ambiance. The service was moderately attentive, but overall sub par without notable friendliness or efforts to engage customers on the servers' part. All in all, a great choice for reasonably priced Sunday Brunch in Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/8/2013Came here recently for the buffet all you can eat brunch. It was truly wonderful and unique for the UWS. I have been here many times for dinner and always wanted to try a bunch of there spreads and I was able to do so during brunch. They had over 40 items to choose from and my girlfriend and I had a great time trying a little bit of everything. The service was fantastic and you can tell they really care. Looking forward to going again.Special Features:
- Turkuaz - A pleasant eveningBobdiVIPDined on 11/14/2013Good variety and healthy portions. Service is great and the restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere. Dining room is a little too dark so make sure you have your flashlight app on your iPhone. No complaints about any of the dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough staffLaneyVIPDined on 11/9/2013The waitress was overworked and paid little attention to us. Not her fault. There just wasn't enough staff.
- Great GEMJaxindyDined on 11/3/2013The Hummus and Turkish bread here is fantastic! Had the barbecue meatballs - absolutely tender, flavorful really GReAT! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- always consistent coming here-thesunshineVIPDined on 9/11/2013always consistent coming here-the food and wine, the ambiance, the quiet, the service, the portions, the prices-a terrific formula for success and may they continue for a long time to come as they have up to now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013I went here Saturday night with my boyfriend and my parents. It's hidden right off the water behind main street, I would have never known it existed if I hadn't read about it online. Everything is so delicious, and very generous portions. And they have Turkish wine to pair with their flavorful food. Save room for dessert! and a Turkish coffee. The inside is adorable, so cozy, and during the daytime in warm months the outside has a nice view of the water. The staff is so friendly and welcoming, This will definitely be a new go to place for us. So happy we found it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'd think you were in Turkey!JeanieDivaDined on 8/30/2013I love this place. I love the tented decor and the lamps. We enjoyed the wonderful belly dancer, who was so sweet with a bunch of kids and tweens, and we love the food. The prices are moderate, we think the service is consistently good and we go there with special guests quite often. Go!Special Features:
- Mediterranean heavenLauraRVIPDined on 8/19/2013Turkuaz has been an UWS favorite of mine for years and it keeps getting better. If you love Greek food (middle-eastern in general, really) this is your spot. Great ambience, loving service, big portions, decent regional wines...even some good vegetarian options. Try the mixed grill so you don't have to make an agonizing choice of meats, which are all flavorful. (Okay, the ground lamb gyro is slightly ahead of the rest.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good neighborhood restaurantemgrDined on 8/12/2013Turquaz has some wonderful dishes. I'm particularly fond of the appetizers, like the liver (I think it's called Armenian liver), the white bean salad, the humus, and the ground lamb dishes. Service is pleasant and friendly, the decor is unusual, and the atmosphere is relaxed. A very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dynamite Sunday buffetDrDavidVIPDined on 8/11/2013If you're in the mood for a fast and filling Middle Eastern Sunday lunch on the Upper West Side, you can hardly do better than Turkuaz. And don't hesitate to bring the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch buffetstephenDined on 7/28/2013The Sunday lunch only buffet is one the great NYC eating experiences.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkey on the West SideBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 7/23/2013Joined friends who had never been to Turkuaz. They were hooked as soon as our small cold appetizer plate arrived. Plenty to share and each was deliciously fresh and spiced. Entrees didn't disappoint, Fromm the salmon stuffed graped leaves to the vegetable stew to the dumplings in a yogurt sauce. And the service could not have been more pleasant. Our server always arrived just as we needed something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.