5605 N. Clark St
Chicago, IL 60660Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.turkishcuisine.net/
- Phone: 7738788930
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 12:00AM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact to find out how we can be part of your next event to add some Meditteranean flair.
- Entertainment: Do you like to be entertained while you dine? Come on Friday and Saturday nights for the belly dancing.
A word from Turkish Cuisine
First impressions The warm red brick walls, the kilim weavings covering some of the seating, the bustle of the bakery set at the end of the dining room and the beat of Turkish pop music make this a cozy yet lively spot. Couples, families and single diners will all find a welcoming atmosphere. On the plate Authentic Turkish food, with lots of eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, grilled kebabs and yogurt sauces. The good-size portions should keep hearty eaters happy, while the hot and cold appetizers, traditionally combined to make a mix of nibbles for the whole table, are a lighter meal alternative.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Turkish Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/4/2014My first time at Turkish Cuisine, but it definitely won't be my last. Party of three. Shared Hummus and Babaganoush to start and the portions were HUGE. More than enough, and the Babaganoush was probably the best I've ever had. Nice roasted flavor, and the garlic didn't overpower. That with their homemade bread was amazing. Zucchini pancakes were light and tasty, despite being deep fried. Main course was shared Beyti Kebap and Sucuklu Pide. The lamb in the Kebap was perfectly seasoned. A little sweet to offset the tomato based sauce on top of the flaky phyllo. The Pide overlapped both ends of the platter and had the perfect balance of sausage and cheese. We had trouble finishing everything, but WILL be back to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSeafoodFanDined on 7/5/2014I had been craving Turkish food for a few years now, so finding this place was perfect. I couldn't have picked a more amazing place. They made my favorite dish perfectly, and the doner kebab cannot be beat.Special Features:
- It's a Winner!ToughCriticVIPDined on 6/2/2014We came early to Turkish Cuisine and were the first to arrive for dinner on a Monday night. We had our choice of seating, it's a rather large restaurant. Not fancy, but good enough for a "neighborhood gem." It's a family-owned restaurant and it was the son who warmly welcomed us. He proudly gave us a little history and quietly bragged about the food. He was right. Everything was fresh and delicious. The menu is extensive, there's nothing missing. I got the ground lamb with a tomatoe sauce, I think it's called adana, it was delcious. My friend got some kind of turkish ravioli, that was excellent too. Portions were enough for at least two meals. Good value, affordable. BYOB. It's a winner. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 29 reviews are from the Turkish Cuisine reviews archive.
- nice neighborhood restaurantDinerDined on 4/12/2014great food - loved the eggplant dish - there are several options for vegetarians. service was quick tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay awayL263VIPDined on 3/21/2014It's so sad that this place is so bad. The food came out cold. It lacked flavor that real Turkish cuisine is known for.
- First time guests. Menu gavestashVIPDined on 3/8/2014First time guests. Menu gave us a wide choice of food. Food was wonderful and hot when served A location for large groups Everyone was having a wonderful time with lots of discussions going on We will return with our group the next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotRedBeardVIPDined on 2/15/2014The food was very good, well seasoned from the appetizers to the roasted meat - kabobs and ground chicken kabobs. A quiet neighborhood spot at the North End of the Andersonville strip - very kid friendly too.
- Could be great if...RubymidgeDined on 1/11/2014Overall this place is a great value and the food is consistently presented and tasty. I have been here several times and brought a large group on a Saturday evening. The place was very quite but the service was incredibly slow. It took at least 20 minutes before our table was approached and offered water and then longer for a waitress to come to the table. The ambience could be improved if there is music played other than when the Belly Dancer performs.Special Features:
- None of the food was particularlyAmberVIPDined on 11/10/2013None of the food was particularly memorable and if the lighting was a little less bright, I think it would have really added to the ambience. The owners and chefs are definitely Turkish though and have an extensive menu featuring Georgian and Turkish cuisine. Our favorite thing we ordered was the cold appetizer platter featuring dolmas, hummus, babaganoush, spicy mixed veggies etc. and they have a bakery attached to the restaurant so the bread served with your food is excellent. Our meat dishes were a little bland though. I was hoping for bolder spices and richer flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Turkish cuisine in ChicagoSandynTheoVIPDined on 11/1/2013It was a great dining experience! We will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Good Food!FoodEnthusiastVIPDined on 9/15/2013Everything was delicious. Lamb and eggplant dishes were enhanced by the subtle spices and seasonings used in the preparation of these familiar dishes. The bread was wonderful and added immensely to the meal. We can't wait to go back. There is no alcohol served, but you can bring your own wine and there is no corkage fee. We also lucked out because parking meters are free on Sunday.Special Features:
- Good valueAHP1Dined on 9/1/2013First time eating Turkish food. It was similar to, but a bit different than, other Mediterranean cuisines. The food was tasty and plentiful. We went early Sunday evening, so the restaurant was quiet. There was no music, which was good for conversation. As was noted in other reviews, Turkish Cuisine is BYOB.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencesaritaDined on 6/25/2013I must admit that the place was empty when we arrived at 7 pm on a Tuesday. That said, there was no noise and we had the complete attention of the waitstaff. Others arrived after 8 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the belly dancing?graffkaVIPDined on 6/7/2013Went on a Friday but very quiet and no belly dancing (as advertised). Food is relatively cheap and decent. BYOB.
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/25/2013Teriffic authentic home style food, interesting unique and broad range of menu choices in a casual firendly enviroment makes this place a real find. The babaganoush is probably the best I can recall in recent memory. Certainly the fresh hot bread made in their own in house bakery which comes to the table hot and ready to be dipped into the babaganoush, hummus or other great sauces etc enhance the flavors and enjoyment of the food. They have wonderful fish, beef lamb and lots of interesting appetizers and all portions are generous. Non meat eaters will not lack choices here. The desserts are equally as fabulous, my favorite (of favorites) being the "Turkish Flan". AND... It's BYOB and I do not believe they charge a corkage. WOW!Special Features:
- A hidden gemLindythaliaDined on 5/18/2013We really enjoyed our evening at Turkish Cuisine. The restaurant is unassuming on the outside, but don't be fooled: inside it is a lovely cozy atmosphere. The menu was extensive, highlighting different aspects of Turkey's cuisine, complete with pictures. All of the dishes we ordered were a hit. Our especial favorites were the roasted quail and the manti: meat ravioli in a yogurt sauce. I'm sure we'll be back again!Special Features:
- There was a table of 20 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/9/2013There was a table of 20 people having a grand occasion. They dominated the scene. Live, music, food, drink, and friends was the theme of the evening.Special Features:
- This is becoming our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/12/2012This is becoming our favorite BYOB. Quiet and relaxed atmosphere with very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2012The food was excellent and love the fact that it is BYOBSpecial Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/4/2012This is an unexpected surprise...hi quality food with very interesting spices that were well balanced and not intrusive. Ambience is eclectic and welcoming. Very affordable. This is a real hidden gem perhaps due to its somewhat unremarkable name and street signage. Wow.Special Features:
- Nice Place for LunchPamIAmVIPDined on 5/18/2012We strolled into this restaurant midday, around 2pm for lunch, and were the only people there. The food was very good and very well presented and the service was great. I was concerned at first, because it was so empty, but the food was delicious. They don't serve liquor, so BYOB. Nice place for lunch - quiet with lots of windows.
- Great food. It was dead whenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2012Great food. It was dead when I was there, so I can't comment really on the vibe of the place, or the crowd, but the service was cordial and attentive.Special Features:
- Authentic fresh deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/10/2012Authentic fresh delicious food. Waitstaff are very sweet. a real gemSpecial Features:
- Bread was terrific, we bothRiley2823VIPDined on 1/2/2012Bread was terrific, we both had kebabs that were ok, rice was plain white,rather boring. Waitress was very nice but was the only one working the restaurant which was only about 20% full, but it was still tough for her. Nice to have a BYOB but I can't say I'd go back.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/9/2011Great food and great service. I told our waitress about my food restrictions and she was able to point out a handful of meals that were safe and delicious.Special Features:
- Very tasty generous portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/26/2011Very tasty generous portions of food. The most surly service I have ever had in Chicago. I am aware that there were only 2 apparent servers on a Saturday at 8PM and that there was one party of about 20 in the special area. Nonetheless, both women who served acted annoyed that we had even shown up. Belly dancer began at 9 - no fanfare or announcement - who knew? Also, there is no warning that the place is BYOB on the website. At the end, I handed the payment to the elder server and told her the food was outstanding. No reply at all, much less a thank you. I can recommend the food highly, but I doubt I would go back due to service.
- I ordered the lamb sis-ka-bobsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/23/2011I ordered the lamb sis-ka-bobs and I could not be happier, it is the perfect meal (meat, carb, salad, dairy)! The lamb pieces were so tasty and succulent and the yogurt dip that came with it was the perfect condiment. Also, it was a Friday night so they had a belly dancer which was a great addition, and for the best part: it's BYOB!!!! I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Mediocre at best in all regards.ScottVIPDined on 4/18/2011Mediocre at best in all regards. Stale bread. Slow and inattentive service. Food I would never pay to repeat. Not bad - but not by much.
- We really enjoyed the food.MarzyVIPDined on 4/17/2011We really enjoyed the food. Menu is very extensive. Service excellent.Special Features:
- Our table ordered to share,HbrayVIPDined on 4/1/2011Our table ordered to share, and every dish was extremely tasty. Very authentic food. Good service. The night was capped off with a bellydancer. This place is worth the trip up to the far north side.Special Features:
- Their mix-up sent us into exileOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2011Turkish Cuisine did somehow manage to lose my reservation, which was very annoying. Due to this mix-up (on their end) we were seated at a very cold table by the window and the women that sat us inferred that it was a real hassle. Sorry that you messed up, Turkish Cuisine. Your fault, not mine.Special Features:
- riviera manOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2011Great BYOB place. Best middle eastern food around. You get a pitcher of water on your table when you sit down. Extensive menu. Food not over-seasoned. Many dishes are unique to this restaurant. Lots of large parties. Be patient for service-it's worth it.Special Features: