Turkish Cafe and Lounge
8412 Preston Rd
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Turkish Cafe and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.turkishcafeandlounge.com/
- Phone: 4693627181
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Eastern European, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Ahmet Kara
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Turkish Cafe and Lounge
Lunch...Dinner....Late Nite, TURKISH CAFE & LOUNGE ..... Enjoy a Delicious Dining Experience, Hand-Crafted Cocktails, Live Entertainment, Exotic Belly Dancers, & Flavorful Hookahs!! Listen to the sounds Radu aka "The Violin Guy" Electrifying, Laser Light Show, and the great Voice of Goga , singer/songwriter with his ability to sing in 12 Languages, he attracts quite a beautiful crowd !! Come to relax or dance the night away ! The glowing lanterns & swirling air above, as the water falls & waterfront views put your Mind at ease! Take a mini vacation at Turkish Cafe And Lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Turkish Cafe and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Turkish food with an attitudeIknnowmyfoodDined on 10/3/2014Turkish food is one of the three greatest cuisines in the world together with Chinese and French and not necessarily in any specific order. The Turkish Cafe and Lounge is specialising in Kebap section of this great cuisine, and do famous Kebap houses of Turkey proud. The portions are generous and choices are great. Food is cooked as it should be, tasty result of painstaking at each level of cooking. Staff is friendly and helpful without being overbearing. Atmosphere is lively, entertainment is from every part of te Middle east, India and Pakistan, in addition to cannot sit still music of Turkey. We've eaten at Turkish Cafe many times both for lunch and dinner and cannot wait to go there again... Despite an hour drive from my home.Special Features:
- Loved It!OnecentDined on 9/27/2014We had a blast here. The DJ was great! Service was slow due to the place being packed. The only thing a did not like was the charge for the entertainment. This was not told up front when booking a table. There is a sign on the door about a $6 entertaiment fee per person.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, but poor serviceClynn14Dined on 9/20/2014We have been here twice now and have enjoyed the ambience and food, but the service is not good. They do not seem to have the wait staff needed to handle the number of tables they have. We still enjoy it and just know it will be a long dinner. Also, at our last visit, they could not find our reservation. The owner walked up and figured we didn't have a reservation and told us we need to make a reservation 4-5 days ahead. We told him that we DID make a reservation online and he said, well that's why. I don't know what that meant, but probably best to call and confirm your reservation if done online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service everMariDined on 9/13/2014I experienced the worst service of my life. We waited for about and hour and a half for our order to be taken, and another hour for the food to come. The waiter ignored us several times, we had to personally go and get him more than once.Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the Turkish Cafe and Lounge reviews archive.
- The atmosphere and food areMayeDined on 3/29/2014The atmosphere and food are great. But the service needs improvement. It took over 90 minutes to get the food that my group ordered. Some friends ordered appetizers 30-40 minutes after we ordered and they receive their food faster. Very frustrating!
- The first time I went theyceedeeVIPDined on 12/15/2013The first time I went they did not have beef, this time they did not have the Turkish sausage. However the mixed grill is outstanding. The shocker came when I was charged $1.5 extra for a Scotch on the rocks. I was told that their on the rocks is 1.5 oz v 1, and apparently this is an industry standard. You know what, in 25+ years of drinking scotch on the rocks across the globe, I have yet to be charged anything extra for having my drinks on the rocks. And could I measure the shot after its been poured over ice? I didn't buy the story but was too tired to argue for $1.5. I believe that when I do want to eat their their mixed grill again, I'll do a to-goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.