Turf Terrace @ Saratoga Racetrack
267 Union Ave.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Turf Terrace @ Saratoga Racetrack
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/information/dining/
- Phone: 8885166972
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday, Wednesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View
A word from Turf Terrace @ Saratoga Racetrack
The Turf Terrace Dining Room is located on the third and fourth floor of the Clubhouse. The multi-level trackside dining area offers a great view of all the racing action with closed-circuit television monitors located through out. An a la carte menu is served in a formal, open-air setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Turf Terrace @ Saratoga Racetrack reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (8)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Best way to enjoy the trackKateDined on 8/20/2014Would be great if there was a bit more room - the tables are so crammed in, but it's our favorite way to enjoy a day at the track.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great racing viewadidassoc0Dined on 8/20/2014If you want a great view of the races, this is the place to sit. Cool and out of the sun, yet not away from the excitement. Food is basic but still good. Staff is exceptionally nice and attentive. There is only one seating at 11:30, so no one rushes you because the table is yours for the day! The only draw backs are the tables are on top of each other, and not the most accessible for anyone with a handicap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturant to enjoy racetrack!passingthruDined on 8/18/2014We came to Turf Terrance Restaurant to watch the races and was happy with the overall experience. We had seats on the first level and had a great view of the finish line. The lunch menu had something for everyone. I had the Spa Cobb salad it was very good, and the caramel dessert was also tasty. I would definitely make reservations for next year's racing meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Day at the TrackErikitaDined on 8/11/2014The Turf Terrace has the wonderful advantage of being a restaurant right after the finish line on the third and fourth floors of the grandstands at the Saratoga Race Track and as a result they take some liberaties with the quality of food and service. It is an expensive day with a $7.50 seating charge and $25 table minimum compared to other venues in which to the enjoy the track - but it is well worth the cost to experience this unique method of enjoying the track.Special Features:
- Great views of the trackChrisDined on 8/10/2014Although having a somewhat limited menu with high prices, the Turf Terrace is a great place to spend an afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday 8.2.14PattyDined on 8/2/2014I have been going to this restaurant for years. It is a great place at the track. It is an annual visit. I was surprised when the new Manager had an attitude because I booked the table on Open Table. She acted as if I did something wrong and told me that I was not entitled to a better table since I booked it with Open Table. I was very disappointed with her attitude.We were treated, by her only, like second class citizens. However, the servers, both Joe and Darryl were fantastic. We were there on Friday, but, when I asked if we could sit @ Darryl's section on Saturday,she had a serious attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go once - and bring lots of money!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Saratoga is a gem. Saratoga is priceless - except the $15 per seat fee in the Turf Terrace. Oh, the beers are $10.25 per bottle and a rum & coke almost $16. Hope you pick a winner!Special Features:
- Awesome dayAnnieBDined on 7/30/2014We love the Turf Terrace. It is the best way to enjoy the Saratoga Race Course. We had a great waiter and he was very attentive..........we were there 6 hours and he was there for everything we wanted. We enjoyed drinks, appetizers, meals, dessert, and coffee. The seating is closeogether and the food is ok, but it is all about the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Turf Terrace @ Saratoga Racetrack reviews archive.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2012Always a great experience at Saratoga Race Course.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012Always a pleasure to dine trackside while watching the thoroughbred races at Saratoga racetrack. Good food, wonderful ambiance and very exciting place to dine!Special Features:
- So glad we can make reservationswinechampionVIPDined on 8/12/2012So glad we can make reservations through Open Table for the Turf Terrace each yearSpecial Features:
- You're at the Historic SaratogaToughCookieDined on 8/10/2012You're at the Historic Saratoga Race Track. You're outdoors there's tremendous energy Ladies wearing creative colorful hats & the magnificent Thouroghbreds what could be better!! Go & enjoySpecial Features:
- Need some cosmetic work done-paint,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2012Need some cosmetic work done-paint, floors redone etc. Very old building-racing organiztion should spend some money to fix place up. Enjoyed the increase in space from last year by removing some tables. New tables/chair are good.
- was not crazy about menu -OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2012was not crazy about menu - need more wholesome all american pub foods. the exotic could be your specials.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012We were very disappointed that the betting machine was not at our table. Also, the TV was impossible to see. We could not hear the track announcer.
- Pleasant surprise as a niceChrisDined on 9/3/2011Pleasant surprise as a nice breeze on an otherwise muggy day made for an enjoyable afternoon. Same food as downstairs but much less crowded. I would definitely go back next year.Special Features:
- Nothing like it in the world!ToughCookieDined on 8/11/2011Nothing like it in the world! The best race day experience you can have & with the new regime they honor your reservations with no question not like it was in the past.Special Features:
- You're at Historic SaratogaToughCookieDined on 8/10/2011You're at Historic Saratoga Raceway what's better! The crowd, the horses the feel all great the food is secondary.Special Features:
- Great place to watch racesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2011Great place to watch races and the food is actually good and reasonably priced considering the location.Special Features:
- Best Bet at the RacesJohnAVIPDined on 7/27/2011If you are going to The Spa your best bet for food, service and a great view of the races is the Turf Terrace. Enjoy a bottle of champagne graced with strawberries, the Caesar salad or the Iceberg wedge. The cheese platter is an excellent value with generous portions of a half dozen different cheeses. But it's the view, the ambiance, the gracious wait staff and the sense of history that combine to make this an always memorable experience.Special Features: