13029 Worldgate Dr.
Herndon, VA 20170Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.turcuisine.com/
- Phone: 5713233330x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Emrah Guney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A full service caterer offering complete party planning, TurCuisine can provide trained servers, kitchen staff and bartenders for any occasion.
Included is a selection of our most popular items. However, it is only a guide to our capabilities and we will be happy to assist in creating a custom menu based on your particular needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Think of us for your wedding rehearsal dinner, next birthday party, business lunch or dinner, office party or just get together party. TurCuisine is the perfect place for your events. If you would like a little privacy, we can even close the dining room just for you and your party.
- Entertainment: Belly dancer every Friday nights
Happy Hour Every day 11am-9pm
A word from TurCuisine
The hottest restaurant in Herndon, VA brings you all the best from Turkey & the Mediterranean. The colors and design will take your breath away. The exquisite food will leave an unforgettable taste in your mouth and the friendly staff will make you realize why Turkish people are considered to be one of the most hospitable people in the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TurCuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- One of our faves!LisaLDined on 6/23/2014We love TurCuisine and try to grab lunch or dinner there as often as we can! Everything is delicious and fresh!Special Features:
- A change from the typicalAngelaVIPDined on 4/23/2014I enjoyed the food here. It is a good option for lunch or weekday dinner. Clean, fairly quiet, good food, reasonable prices. Vegetarian options are available. The eggplant and zucchini dish is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Turkish treatKrisgVIPDined on 3/28/2014We epnjoyed our night a TurCuisine. The food was lovely and the place was unusually. Packed. It does get VERY loud when the belly dancer comes out and crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent on all counts!revlouschVIPDined on 3/14/2014I am a hospice minister & my wife is a social worker. At the end of our hectic week, we need to unwind & decided to try this restaurant based on the positive Open Table reviews. We were not disappointed. This place has a fun & lively ambience; the food was excellent (delicious & generous portions); the cocktails were strong & tasty. Our server was very attentive & made great menu suggestions. And there was a wonderful duo providing live music that was so catchy you wanted to dance in your seats! This place is smaller & the tables were pretty full, so we would recommend making reservations, especially on the weekends. Don't let the strip mall location put you off - this place provides a great evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little neighborhood restaurantChasVIPDined on 3/8/2014Nice little neighborhood restaurant. Food is consistent and good. Drinks are a little expensive. Desserts are good, but not out of this world. Staff is friendly. In eating the food, much of it, of course, is what I would consider Mediterranean food, or Lebanese or even kabob Persian style. Shows you how much I don't know about that area of the world. I would go back again.
- Absolutely Superb!JLoetherDined on 2/24/2014We had the big assortment and a Greek salad... The Istanbul Dream cocktail is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantAtifDined on 2/14/2014This is a nice little restaurant with great ambiance, food and service. The food is really very good and authentic. Would highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to like this restaurant but...NoVAFoodLoverDined on 1/26/2014...with a wealth of better dining options in Herndon and Reston alone, I won't be going back! When I have been at the restaurant, the waitstaff have consistently been pleasant, but they also have been consistently hard to access for placing an order, any issues that come up during the meal, refilling water glasses, and so forth. My friend ordered an entree that included a salad, and the waitress never brought the salad. When she did, it arrived with olives, which he had asked not be included. She was cordial about replacing it, but these seem like major missteps to me. On my latest visit I tried the falafel wrap. The lettuce in the wrap looked old and was limp. It seemed the cooks had tried to conceal past-date ingredients in a sandwich.
- Always goodLisaLDined on 1/20/2014The food is always great, nice staff, one of our faves.Special Features:
- A real find with lots of potentialChasVIPDined on 12/31/2013I was surprised that this restaurant in a strip mall was this good. I had no idea what Turkish food was like, and we really liked it. This was a last minute New Year's eve choice based on it had to be close, not a late night, and it had 4.5 stars based on 23 reviews, and it sounded interesting. This night, they had a buffet for $25 a head where you could try a variety of dishes, and all were very good. Based on this sort of chaffing dish warmed selection, as well as a number of cold selections, we have marked this for another try. We are looking at Fridays when they have a belly dancer also. This is also moderately priced for pretty good food. Seems like a find! Mostly couples or families, but no young children this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!DinerKCDined on 12/24/2013Really enjoyed the food at TurCuisine. The Iskender kabob was excellent! Service also just right. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainmentPapaVIPDined on 12/20/2013Belly dancer was most entertaining and made for a most enjoyable dinner experience and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Judge the Book by its CoverWynneWoodyVIPDined on 12/7/2013Located in a strip mall full of moderate to cheap restaurants, a movie theater, etc, so you may not be inclined to give TurCuisine more than a passing glance, but don't let the modest exterior or the minimalist interior fool you. They serve great food here. Everything we had was delicious, and the service was top notch. The items we ordered from the menu were all very well-prepared and delicious, but I also asked about a Turkish dish that was not on the menu, and they prepared it happily and perfectly. Very nice. Modest pricing as well. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu is a disppointment.PaulKenVIPDined on 11/29/2013My wife and I have always enjoyed dinning at TurCusine, but are disappointed with the new menu. Since neither of us are big eaters, we usually order from the small plate menu which is no longer available in the new menu. Also grilled vegetables are no longer included with most of the entrees and have been eliminated as a side order. We hope that the owner will consider our opinion and reinstate the small plate menu and expand the entrees available with grilled vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean gem; great kabobsckrnvaDined on 11/29/2013TurCuisine offers some great Turkish/Mediterranean dining in a cozy atmosphere. The kabobs are excellent or you can go with a pita pocket approach. Their menu has a number of authentic dishes but don't be afraid to bring the kids. Our daughter has loved this place since she was 6! My personal favorite is the Tavuk Shish (chicken kabob) with the rice. Their hummus appetizer sets the bar for what hummus should taste like - we get it every time. If you want a special event, go on Friday evenings at around 8pm. They have a belly dancer that performs. (Don't worry about the kids - the performance isn't risque!) This is one of our favorite places and we recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food,service andlancastingDined on 11/28/2013Excellent Food,service and music/ambience. wide selection of menu choices across med and wide selection of red/white wines from region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish GemIkeDavonDined on 11/22/2013This place is a gem in the heart of Herndon. I would highly recommend checking it if you have always wanted to try Turkish food and are a bit of a foodie. check the website to see if they will have a live band or belly dancers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDaveDined on 10/24/2013Picked Tur Cuisine at random because we has never eaten in Herndon before. It was a great experience with outstanding and very tasty food as well as an extremely helpful waitress that helped use chose since we hadn't eaten there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tender and fab lamb chopsPrpleVIPDined on 10/14/2013We usually do lunch here but so glad we did dinner. Finally had their lamb chops.... Three gorgeous, tender, and tasty! Really a star.... Why did we wait so long to try these. Hubby and i started with the cheese plate.... I do like the grilled halloumi... Ended with semi sweet turkish coffee and baklava. This may have been our first dinner there but it wont be the last....Special Features:
- good foodmehmetVIPDined on 10/5/2013The food was excellent Turkish. Ambiance was sterile, not like an Istanbul restaurant. Wine by the glass was uninspiring. No bread with our wine order before the food. But the food was very good. I will go back and I hope this restaurant survives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time Had by AllCaroleSDined on 9/15/2013TurCuisine is a long drive for us, so we don't get there often. But the food is always great and reasonably priced, and different from what I would cook myself. Everyone is friendly and polite, and the servers aren't intrusive as is often the case elsewhere. This time, we also needed a fairly quiet place because one person in our party has a hearing problem. We were able to converse easily. It would have been nice to have decaf coffee available because it was evening, but otherwise, it was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Use of SpicesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2013I was pleasantly surprised with the food at TurCuisine, service was a bit slow. I picked it because it wasn't far from Dulles Airport and I had a friend coming into town, and we needed a place for dinner. Everything we had tasted great, I even took an entree home for lunch the next day. The menu has a variety of items, including some that I don't find in the US very often like Lachmacan. This is the closest tasting to what I've had in Turkey. Really well done and a hidden gem. They had a decent beer and drinks list, but the Servers don't know much about the beer or what is on offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tur cooljjflash2013Dined on 8/14/2013Always have a great meal here and the frequent diner deal is nice. Service is perfect and the Turkish coffee is the right ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iskender doner kebab is theResdtonianDined on 8/9/2013Iskender doner kebab is the way to go! and the Maze sampler. Baba ghanoush was nicely smokey, and the yogurt sauce was excellent. Turkish wine was tasty and a good touch. Nice to have our table ready when we got there. I like the color theme in the restaurant, though it didn't feel particularly Turkish. I have already recommended it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KDTTVIPDined on 8/2/2013The food was hot, fresh and flavorful. The service was outstanding; our waitress took the time to explain the menu, allowed us to taste wines before we made a selection and offered recommendations. Our favorite was the tavuk shish.Special Features:
- Classic Mediterranean cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2013Relaxed placed with great service. There's even belly dancing on some evenings. Been here several times and the food is always wonderful. The service is wonderful too - they are very attentive. I always get the appetizer sampler, especially for folks new in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very fresh and delicious.AmosVIPDined on 5/18/2013Food was very fresh and delicious. Belly Dancer added to the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best LAMB CHOP in NOVA!!!SpringBeeVIPDined on 5/14/2013Had my first LAMB CHOP at Chima's Tysons. Now that TurCuisine comes in handy, I don't need to drive that far. Need to live more just for that LAMB CHOP! Ughh..... Had it for "lunch" and "dinner" today! LG, can't complain. THE BEST! Love the ambiance, the overall restaurant's design, the RED and contemporary look, as well as the service I had! Been around the area for quite sometime but the name outside didn't catch my attention since the neighboring names are the same red colors. But the food....MAGNIFICO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, very nice serviceMCatsVIPDined on 5/5/2013We really enjoy TurCuisine. The ambiance is very pleasant, the service competent and friendly, and food delicious. We have identified several items on the menu that we particularly like although everything we have tried is very good. We really like the hummus, the cheese plate (with three different kinds of cheeses), the yogurtlu kebab -- prepared with different meats -- we usually get the doner and the beef shish. We always have one of the Turkish red wines, again very good. This is a gem, and we highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love coming here for theJudy44Dined on 4/5/2013I love coming here for the interesting and different food. Service is always great. Cute and colorful decor. Plus pricing is reasonable.
- Joined TurCuisine for theirReadyfornewtastesDined on 3/31/2013Joined TurCuisine for their featured Easter Brunch. This is a small neighborhood Turkish cuisine restaurant, that we have enjoyed for their house made DonnerKabob and Turkish specialities. The brunch I was hoping would have some special items just for the Easter table. HOwever it had just 10 or 11 of the popular & usual items from the menu served buffet style, so we were disappointed, nothing new or unique for the Holiday. All nicely prepared and tended by more than efficient and friendly servers.Special Features:
- Classic MediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/29/2013I've been in the area for about a year and find myself at Turcuisine a few times a month. Their sampler appetizer is great to share. Fresh food and great service - I keep coming back.Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013The food was great and the service was wonderful very attentive staffSpecial Features:
- A real Turkish Delight !OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/9/2013The Iskander - the Favorite dish of Alexander the Great - was excellent !Special Features:
- The only negative of the wholeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013The only negative of the whole experience was that I made a reservation at 1pm on Sunday for a 7pm dinner on the same day. When we walked into the restaurant at 7pm they didn't have our reservation. About 5 minutes later the waitress said that the reservation just came in. I don't know if this was an Open Table problem or the restaurant didn't pay close enough attention to their reservations. Fortunately they were not too busy and a table was available. Otherwise we enjoyed the dinner. The waitress was pretty attentive and gave excellent recommendations.Special Features:
- good place, worth a tryOnyxVIPDined on 2/23/2013Our first time to TurCuisine, its gotten pretty decent reviews on OpenTable, and my wife and I love Mediterranean food. Compared to other local Med. restaurants, I'd place this one up near Lebanese Taverna, food taste and quality wise, not as high as Zaytinya, but hopefully you get the idea. It's a very small place, in a strip mall (Worldgate) in Herndon. Quiet, comfortable, and the food is good. Worth a try if you like Turkish/Med. food.
- The food here is great, weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The food here is great, we came for Valentine's Day, they had a nice special menu, unfortunately the main course was not Turkish, just steak and salmon! The appetizers were middle eastern, and I had some nice Turkish coffee for desert, so I am still leaving a good review, but please, for the next holiday, remember customers come there for the food that is different!Special Features:
- I stumbled upon this diamondOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I stumbled upon this diamond in the rough with my boss in 2012 and we fell in love with the place. Authentic Turkish cuisine, great wine, quiet and relaxing atmosphere, and the coffee selection is more than I could ask for, an experience in itself. My fiancé and I go here for special occasions and recently celebrated Valentines Day, which we never really do. It's a little tight, so be aware that the couple two tables down from you will be able to hear everything you say if your voice is a little too loud. Simple and modern, this is a great Turkish spot to wine and dine at with colleagues as well as intimates. Another plus, the staff is fabulous and beautiful.Special Features:
- This is our new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/2/2013This is our new favorite restaurant. Amazing food. Great serving sizes. Elegant ambiance. Perfect level of service. You must try this place. You will love it.Special Features:
- A lovely small restaurantMCatsVIPDined on 1/24/2013A lovely small restaurant with very good food, nice selection of wines, and excellent service. This is a gem of a restaurant that not many people have yet discovered. We highly recommend it.Special Features: