1017 E. Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tundrarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9547612122
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday thru Saturday Lunch service from 11:30am to 5:00pm Sunday thru Thursday Dinner service from 5:30pm to 10:00pm Friday and Saturday Dinner service from 5:30 to 11:00pm Happy Hour Monday thru Friday 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: David Berman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Wednesdays and Fridays live acoustic female vocals featuring local artist Leiah Leon, comparable to this nations stunning and beautiful vocalists of the world!
- Special Events: A widely popular venue for corporate and private events for guests up to 250.
A word from Tundra
Tundra Las Olas is the nation's first ice-art infused restaurant serving eclectic modern cuisine and high-end sprits featuring our 3" perfectly clear chilling spheres,accenting our specialty drinks. Our celebrity Chef, David Berman, creates the Ice Sculptures that accent the exterior peremiter of the patio nightly with Ice-art focal points illuminated in the dinning room. Creative cuisine served in this chilling atmosphere is as dramtic as it sounds!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tundra reviews from OpenTable diners
- While the atmosphere was aTRRYVIPDined on 8/11/2013While the atmosphere was a little dated and dark - the food made up for it in every way. The prime rib was one of the best ever, and the fried strawberries were one of a kind - litterally a must have for everyone! Go there just for the strawbs.Special Features:
- Great BrunchSweetZensationDined on 8/4/2013Love the bottomless mimosas and the French Toast is AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013The food was very sub par. The fish was very dry and burned, and the risotto was undercooked and had a glue like texture. It was inedible. For a Friday night at 830 pm, I can see why the place was empty while other restaurants were buzzing. At the end of it there was a mandatory 18% tip, which I had failed to notice, and wasn't informed of. Having dined at other restaurants in the area, it was quite unexpected. I don't like being forced to give a large tip for terrible service and terrible food.
- Easy Like Sunday MorningIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 7/21/2013I read extensively the opinions on-line of Tundra before going there. Resulting from those reviews, I chose to go for a less crowded Sunday lunch, rather than a busy Friday or Saturday night, as there had been comments about being resuource-short on the service team. For me, the Sunday ended up being a good decision. Upon arrival, there was just one server working the whole restaurant, seemingly covering both the inside restaurant and the outside patio area. As such, the server was competent and friendly, but service did linger a bit. Fortunately, it was a beautiful relaxing day, the patio was comfortable, and we were in no hurry at all. The menu is vast and creative, and the food was decent. Overall, a decent meal, with a great setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR QUALITY AND PREPARATIONSAMMYB123Dined on 7/12/2013POOR QUALITY FOOD , CHEF CAME OUT AND SAID HE WAS SORRY ,THAT HIS CO WORKERS MADE MISTAKES AND THAT HE HAD A ROUGH WEEK WITH INSPECTORS ..TO BAD WE HAD A 25 GIFT CERTIFICATE, AND WASTED IT ON THIS PLACE
- WOW how bad can you get.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2013Bad Service here was only surpassed by the poor quality of the food. We had an appointment at 7:15 we were seated promptly. We ordered drinks and waited over 20 minutes to get them. The place was almost empty. No excuse. Food was at best poor at best. Prime rib ordered medium rare and it came medium well. We even tried the tempura strawberries. they were so think in batter it ruined them.
- DowntownMichelleEVIPDined on 5/8/2013We enjoyed the seared ahi appetizer and our seafood entrees - my boyfriend had the mixed grill and I had the scallops. It was a Wednesday night, so our entrees were buy one, get one free - automatic 18% gratuity added, so when you include two martinis, it was a little over $100. Not too bad for downtown FTL. We sat outside as it was a nice evening, but my bf did comment that it was freezing indoors.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow, order aJorgeVIPDined on 4/28/2013Service was slow, order a drink and didn't arrive on time -it was well prepared. ThoughSpecial Features:
- I find it too close to theLouieMVIPDined on 4/27/2013I find it too close to the street, particularly on the weekend.
- Good BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Very pleased with the brunch selection. I had the salmon, spinach Benedict and it was very good. Was not too pleased with the live music. It was loud and interfered with table conversation. We asked for another table and the host made us feel like we were an inconvenience. The service was very good once we were seated.
- Truly enjoyed the food & outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/17/2013Truly enjoyed the food & outside dining along Las Olas Blvd makes for great sightseeing.Special Features:
- food was just ok. our waiterOysterBirthdayVIPDined on 3/15/2013food was just ok. our waiter was much better than food.
- We really enjoyed our meals.KimbaDined on 3/14/2013We really enjoyed our meals. The service was wonderful and the server was extremely helpul in suggesting what to order. The fenel dusted sea scallops were outstanding and the fried strawberries were "to die for".Special Features:
- Horrible pre-made tastingfoodie27VIPDined on 3/2/2013Horrible pre-made tasting food. Horrible service. Too loud. Will never go back.
- Excellent foodJaneVIPDined on 3/2/2013We were seated as soon as we came.The waiter came right away,was very helpful. The food was great,the steak melt in your mouth.The service was outstanding. The music was beautiful.I would recommend who's looking for good food to go there.It is a great place. Jane G
- Stick to appetizers and MartinistruediningDined on 3/1/2013Party of 4: ordered 4 appetizers and 4 entrees. ** Were never offered dessert for our birthday celebration. The kobe meatball appetizer came out cold and overcooked. The wait staff took them away and mentioned they come out that way sometimes! ** Yes, still on our bill which was over $300 - he did not take them off ** The other appetizers were better than our actual entrees. The restaurant is decorated nicely & has a big patio w. live entertainment. Great Martinis.
- We were very dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013We were very dissapointed with the lack of ice sculptures. The music did not fit with the motif and it was too loud for the space. The food was good and the service was fair.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2013I wish the experience was better. The food was okay....my seafood pan roast was overly spicy and salty and didn't come with the advertised lobster in it. When I asked for the lobster I was told there wasn't any...and then someone came out with a miniature piece of lobster claw meat. Ridiculous! According to my dinner guests, the filet mignon was very good - but one order came out covered in pepper. The deserts were lackluster. This restaurant is overpriced with average service. I wish the owner/manager had paid more attention. I tried to communicate with him but he wasn't really interested in hearing what I had to say. I think when we showed up with a groupon it was all downhill...
- Nothing really stood out.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/14/2013Nothing really stood out. New owners and they haven't updated website so it looks nothing like the pictures. Food was good not great, service was prompt and friendly. I didn't really feel like I got a lot of value for the price.
- Not the Best Las Olas Has to OfferOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2013Unattentive staff...unimaginative fare. Was disappointed with even my martini!
- The description of this restaurantBluestarDined on 2/9/2013The description of this restaurant was not as advertised in Open Table. We made the reservations based on the review about ice sculptures and there cold drinks.We arrived to see no ice sculptures and were told the sculptor was on vacation. We never were offered a drink menu or told about any specials. The music and customer noise made it hard to hear. It seemed everyone was yelling.The food was very good except for our risotto which had no taste and was extremely mushy.Special Features:
- Great Find!DebraVIPDined on 1/26/2013From the ceviche to the main courses to the Tundra dessert, everything was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was phenomenal!Special Features:
- Service was spotty. Good wassuzidbVIPDined on 1/15/2013Service was spotty. Good was cold and no one but us cared. Lotsa money for mediocre
- We enjoyed our meal the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2013We enjoyed our meal the service was very good. We would have loved to eat outside but the allowance of smoking under the canopy was a turn off. Will probably return.Special Features:
- Good foodStollhouseDined on 1/9/2013Can't remember the girl bartender, but she WAS AWESOME! Super friendly, knowlegdable and just plain nice. The food was fabulous as were the drinks. We were expecting an ice bar (as was indicated by the website) but it was still very niceSpecial Features:
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013So disappointed!!! Nothing is served over ice as stated on their website. Food was okay, but not for the amount of money spent. Will GUI back.
- Terrible service and terribleMB24VIPDined on 12/31/2012Terrible service and terrible new management. We never got our food even after almost four hours and ended up leaving
- Happy New Year!!!JJSATNYVIPDined on 12/31/2012We made a late reservation for New Years Eve dinner hoping for the best. What we got was tremendous. We were treated so well by everyone and it was not just us, the staff made everyone feel welcome. The items on the Prix Fixe menu were outstanding, the wine prices reasonable and the dessert tray was over the top. Can't wait to go back for dinner or Sunday brunch. A new go to stop along Las Olas.Special Features:
- Each of us thought every dishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Each of us thought every dish ordered was excellent (we shared, although because the service was slow some of it was a bit cooler than we prefer. Rather lively/too noisy for one of us at the table.Special Features:
- It was our waiter's firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012It was our waiter's first night and he was very nice, although a bit slow. My husband got prime rib, which was excellent, but his dish came out without the garlic mashed potatoes. I ordered the macadamia nut mahi expecting a macadamia nut crust on the fish, but there was not. Upon our food being delivered, there was a problem with both entrees and our waiter never brought a steak knife for the prime rib. Finally after a few minutes I asked a waiter to have our waiter come to our table. He didn't know if our dishes were correct and appeased us by buying us a round of drinks. We would only go back b/c they have a BOGO free M-Th and BOGO 1/2 off Fri and Sat.Special Features:
- Every enjoyable. Good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2012Every enjoyable. Good service. Good food.Went on a Monday night so we had most of the inside seating to ouselves. Would deinately return.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding andsxy505rnVIPDined on 12/8/2012Service was outstanding and food was fabulous! YUM! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- I went to Tundra for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2012I went to Tundra for the first time because I was hosting a European friend who appreciates nice restaurants. The food was totally satisfactory and the presentation was attractive, but I was embarrassed by the amateurish service. From the maitre'd who was attired more like a dishwasher than a host at an upscale restaurant, to the waiter who had difficulty setting my main course in place because I was only half way through my starter, to the premature presentation of the check to my guest instead of me--the dining experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- In the website shows ice sculptureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012In the website shows ice sculpture and ice bar, there was no ice nothing, the whole reason for going there was the ambiance.Special Features:
- We had a reservation and weFoodieDined on 11/28/2012We had a reservation and we waited with others to be seated. It took a very long time for the wait staff to take care of us and others. It took 45 minutes to get apps and the one item we wanted they were out of. Overall our meal (for two) took over two 1/2 hours, WAY TO LONG. They told us the kitchen was backed up and gave us to free drink tickets.
- Won't go back!! Terrible treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012Won't go back!! Terrible treatment from waiter and management. Too many restaurants that take care of their patrons to bother with one that doesn't.
- Food was excellent overall..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2012Food was excellent overall.. Beef tenderloin melted in my mouth..delicous!Special Features:
- Eveything at Tundra was tastyMavenVIPDined on 11/23/2012Eveything at Tundra was tasty and good. Menu could use some specials to add an extra choice. Although it was good it doesn't draw you back for any reason.Special Features:
- We totally enjoyed TundraOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012We totally enjoyed Tundra - the bartender, wait staff and manager were all extremely friendly and helpful. We both ordered the Tundra Tour which was awesome - a sampling of their appetizers and entrees. Everything was great and the drinks were "smokin" (they added dry ice to them) and delicious. Can't wait to go back again.
- Just a fair restaurant whichRschagrinVIPDined on 11/17/2012Just a fair restaurant which is expensive. Nothing specialSpecial Features: