Tundra - Hilton Toronto
145 Richmond Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 2L2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Tundra - Hilton Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tundra.sites.toronto.com/
- Phone: 416 860 6800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30 am - 11:30 am (buffet until 10:30 am)
Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 am - 11:30 am (buffet until 10:30 am)
Monday-Friday: 11:00 am-2:00 pm
Saturday-Sunday: All Day Menu served 11:00 am - 12 midnight
Holidays: All Day Menu served 11:00 am - 12 midnight
Monday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
(Not available on Holidays or Long Weekends)
Monday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Prendergast
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: University Avenue
- Public Transit: Queen and University subway station and Queen and York street car station.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is located in a public parking lot connected to the Hilton Toronto. Access to the parking is either through valet parking in front of the hotel or through the Adelaide street or York street entrance.
A word from Tundra - Hilton Toronto
Tundra represents Canadian cuisine and décor at its best. There are visuals of mountains, moss, redwood forests and stones to represent oceans. It is a modern take on the Canadian landscape.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCanadian
Tundra - Hilton Toronto - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Tundra - Hilton Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (10)romantic (8)special occasion (8)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent pre-opera dinnerBillDined on 10/14/2014We were very pleased with the dinner and the service. It was my wife's birthday and she was served a special dessert--very thoughtful.Special Features:
- PERFECThjd502Dined on 10/10/2014Have used this restaurant for many years - and, particularly, before the opera and ballet performances at the Four Seasons Centre and it has, without fail, always been first-class with great and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The food at Tundra is consistently good and the room is such that you can actually have a conversation. The servers are long standing and highly professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel restaurant oasis downtown.Rapman58VIPDined on 10/7/2014when you want a quiet business lunch with no hoopla this place fits the bill and the prices are very much in line with the usual haunts if not a tad cheaper (eg jump, reds, far niente, etc)..very well presented and prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmahreeyahDined on 9/21/2014I had high expectations for this place considering the price. $30 for a breakfast buffet? I assumed it would be more than stellar. The food was average. The chicken sausage was not my cup of tea. The scrambled eggs was watery. When we arrived, the food selection was nearly empty, and I understand that happens, but i had really wanted to try the eggs benedict and we were almost done eating, and it was still not refilled. I would have been happier going to mcdonalds and getting a sausage and egg mcmuffin. Well at least, now i know.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Food and service were good. But, sorry, but felt a bit like i was in a fishbowl, very open to all to see.Special Features:
- Impressed -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014We were very happy with the lunch. The service and the food were very good. Oddly, the restaurant was very quiet though. I would urge people in the neighborhood to give it a try!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and helpful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014Service is great, friendly, and willing to cater to what you want, if different than the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Summerlicious menuBobRDined on 7/18/2014Went with a group but have also tried half a dozen other Summerlicious places, and this was one to go back to. Yes it was one of the more expensive menus ($45) but was also the tastiest food we had and most came from their regular menu. Between us we trried everything and quality and taste were really good - lots of swapping went on. Even at $45 was excellent value. Did what few other places were able to do and ensure we go back and sample more when Summerlicious is over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodNpokuDined on 7/11/2014I really enjoyed my lunch at Tundra. I will definately go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFoodLoverDined on 7/4/2014We really enjoyed dining at Tundra. The food was incredible and the service very good. It was our anniversary and expected a bit extra however only received happy anniversary in chocolate on my dessert - no free dessert or a flower or something. Other than that the experience was outstanding!!!!Special Features:
- The following 355 reviews are from the Tundra - Hilton Toronto reviews archive.
- Very good, but not extraordinaryDrSnufalasaurasVIPDined on 6/19/2014We were greeted politely upon arrival, and seated immediately. The table staff was attentive and not over-bearing at all. We were there mid-week for dinner, and were drawn to Tundra for a price fix menu. The options and choices on the menu had much to choose from. The food was served promptly as well. Overall, the night was good. No real highlights, so would say it was very good, but nothing stood out to much from the food.Special Features:
- Pre theatreballetluvDined on 6/4/2014great spot pre theatre. Good food and they cater to the theatre crowd to get you out in time. Have pre theathre menu alsoSpecial Features:
- TorontovisigorDined on 5/30/2014Great ore theatre package value of $ and chef willing to accomodate food prep preferencesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for before the ballettouristfoodieDined on 5/29/2014I was very pleased with the pre-ballet pre-fixe dinner available. Good value and good food. I was disappointed with the service. Although competency was not an issue, there was no smile or personal touch from the waiter- just robotic service. Also, he assured me that my ballet discount would be included but he forgot and I had to remind him at the end of the meal (which I did not want to do in front of my guest).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both Service and Food - Top GradeJayInTOVIPDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I absolutely enjoyed our dinner at Tundra. Service from both Neaz (server) and Teresa (hostess) were outstanding as they were genuinely interested in making the dining experience the best it can be. They succeeded in every possible way. The food was impeccable. We had the black cod dish and it was like nothing we've ever had before. We highly recommend Tundra. Great job to the entire Tundra team.Special Features:
- divine mackerel!FarmerDaveDined on 5/10/2014Holy mackerel! What an ordinary non-descript fish! But it is one of the few that can be fished sustainably. Tundra chefs turn it into a delight. I was amazed.Food presented well and hot! Lovely calm ambience. Staff could be trained a bit more about their menu items.Special Features:
- Pre Opera DiningFreddyDined on 5/9/2014Tundra which is in the Hilton is right across the street from Toronto's Opera. They feature a special early dining menu especially for opera goers. We have used it many times as it is our favourite pre-opera location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2014As always, the service was excellent, food, delicious and the renovations have only improved the atmosphere.Special Features:
- hjd502Dined on 4/25/2014First class in every respect - delightful staff. Food and wine outstanding and always the first place we think of to meet our friends for dinner.Special Features:
- Pre-Opera DinnerAMG1Dined on 4/15/2014I enjoyed my pre-opera dinner at Tundra, with high quality food, good ambiance, and proximity to the Four Seasons Centre. The food was delicious, and reasonably priced. I also liked that the portions are not ridiculously sized, either too large or small. The service was quick, but they were not trying to rush you out the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pre-theatre MealTrenchermanTOVIPDined on 3/22/2014Terrific value! Interesting menu. Excellent ingredients, well prepared, nicely cooked, served promptly (and still hot). Very good malbec by the glass. Courteous, efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre ballet dinnerHoneybellDined on 3/1/2014Good place to go at this time. Good service. Arctic char on the fixe prix menu worth having but adding a rice or potato to the plate would have been nice. Salad excellent. We asked for a particular wine and got the most costly one, not the house offering as we'd expected so this needs to stated clearly when ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingQuintDined on 2/27/2014My friend and I chose tundra because it's so close to the four seasons theatre. The service was very pleasant but quite slow. The food was nicely presented but incredibly bland. Soup was tasteless and the salad was fresh but too vinegary. Convenient but disappointing
- Special eveninng2or3wowDined on 2/16/2014We went to Tundra for a birthday celebration and it couldn't have been a better choice. The food was excellent and the service attentive. They also did something special for the birthday person without any asking on our part. I would recommend the restaurant and intend to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLaurenDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I dined here before heading to the Opera and we cannot say enough about this restaurant. We were greeted enthusiastically as soon as we walked in. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable on the menu and wine list. The food was served hot and in good time. Every course was delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre portions ungenerousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food Good. Pre-theatre, so small portions. Could be more generous. Service brusque to the point of rudeness
- Excellent meal enlarge hotel!rughookerDined on 2/14/2014Our expectations of meals at upper-end mainstream hotel chains is"pretty good." What the Tundra offers is actually excellent food, with waiters who get the help you ask roe in wines, with service that is attentive and never hurried, with food that is delicious and beautifully served (my trout, my partner's game hen). Menu doesn't meet vegan needs, but wait staff very helpful in making it happen, I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winterlicious 2014 experienceRubySVIPDined on 2/10/2014Went for winterlicious - the food was OK at best. 4 steaks were all over cooked (1 well done, 2 medium and 1 medium-rare all came out well-done) and were quite tough. For $45 menu, expected slightly better quality. Would not return for a meal here again.
- The food was great. However,ZestyDined on 2/10/2014The food was great. However, the service for lunch was too slow and very inappropriate communication by the servicer. We had to keep asking for water glasses to be filled.Special Features:
- It is easy to forget thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/10/2014It is easy to forget that you are in the lobby of a hotel once you are seated in the restaurant, as it is suitably screened from the reception area. The high ceiling makes it feel spacious, yet quiet. The decor is modern and comfortable, with trendy table runners doubling as placemats. The menu is a bit pricey, and the portions rather small, but the food is beautifully presented. The Winterlicious trio was good value and very satisfying (squash soup, seared trout, cheesecake). My dining companion had a lovely open faced sandwich, with a disappointing side of potato chips. The service was attentive without being intrusive. This is a suitable spot for an unimportant business lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014My husband and I went to the restaurant as part of the Winterlicious promotion. The food was outstanding and the service was very good. However, what really annoyed us was that we were not provided the information when we came in that the restaurant did not have debit; we were just informed when we received out bill. Luckily, I had my credit card on me, but what if I had not had it one me; then we would not have been able to pay for our meal as my husband and I did not have enough cash on us. My suggestion would be to simply have a sign at the front, indicating what the restaurant accepts as payment OR ensure that your servers advice the guest the moment they sit; that way guests can get cash if required.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tundra not!oliverDined on 2/8/2014How do you feel when the waiter does not the wine list that contains just a small list. How do feel when the service is more preoccupied to set the next table (a big table)... Terrible services the calamari feel like rubber . a night to forget...
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Everything was excellent, I had made an error with my booking the staff were very professional and still accommodated us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food AlwaysValeriaDined on 2/7/2014The food and services at Tundra are always good. Never fair. Great restuarant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winterlicious lunchsharonaDined on 2/5/2014Had the salmon filet and it was cooked perfectly , dessert was cheesecake and creme brule and that was also delicious. Great food and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeFernDined on 2/3/2014Great service, calm and relaxing restaurant a great place to take your date or a special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good atmosphere and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2014Was here for winterlicious with 2 friends on a Monday night. Atmosphere and service was excellent. We were seated without any wait. Food was decent. I had the Salmon and was happy to find it wasn't dry, my friends ordered the steak but didn't find it exceptional. Overall I had a good time there.Special Features:
- The last year was better.TopChoice4usDined on 2/3/2014I enjoyed the last year's food better at this restaurant. My party was three, so we tried all the different menus they had for this Winterlicious and shared them. All the foods were nothing to excite about. About everything was the same taste, there is no surprise at all. It's boring for me.I'm not saying they were bad but I wouldn't recommend this place to those who are looking for Grade A.
- A little too cool at TundraDragonappetiteDined on 1/31/2014We went for an anniversary lunch, which I enjoyed more than my partner, but the server was pretty much frowning the whole time and looked as if he didn't really want to be there. The hostesses were very friendly and attentive, however. My trout was good, but I would have enjoyed my partner's beef cheeks with polenta and brussels sprouts more. The french vanilla creme brûlée was a nice finish, but we waited a bit longer than necessary for accompanying tea and coffee, especially considering the restaurant was near empty. All in all, I would return, for the good local food choices and the very stylish, warm ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.