1100 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulio.com/
- Phone: 2066245500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Close;
Saturday -Sunday: 5:00pm - Close;
Bistro Menu available during Bar Service
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Walter Pisano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Solaio, our upstairs dining room, is a charming and beautifully decorated venue with a wine-cellar motif. At Tulio, we strive to make each event special. There is no room rental fee charged for using Solaio and customized menus, candles for the tables and background music are complimentary. In addition, we are happy to help with floral arrangements, musical groups and any other details to make your event unique.
- Special Events: Tulio offers one of the best Grappa selections in Town! Enjoy Flights of selected Grappas for $20!
Join us for our Grappa Happy Hour in our bar daily from 8pm-10pm. Flights of selected Grappas for $20 with traditional accompaniment.
A word from Tulio
Step through the antique revolving doors of Tulio Ristorante and it's as if you've entered a bustling Italian trattoria in the heart of downtown Seattle. Chef Walter Pisano clearly puts his heart into this longstanding favorite, continuing to impress diners and critics alike. His boldly flavored dishes are both simple and sophisticated, combining rustic Italian preparations with fresh Pacific Northwest ingredients. Add to this our great location in downtown Seattle, our warm, intimate atmosphere and outstanding service and it's easy to understand why Tulio is widely regarded as one of the city's best restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tulio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tulio reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (110)romantic (80)neighborhood gem (76)notable wine list (66)good for groups (43)great for lunch (38)hot spot (19)late-night find (18)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Just not the same...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I've had several wonderful ***** experiences at Tulio in the past 15 or so years, but this evening was not one of them. I had requested (several weeks prior) a quiet roomy booth or table for us, our group is taller than average, but we were crammed in by a pillar. I like ambiance and Euro feel, but better seating options were available. The food was OK, but seemed to lack the wonderful lustre and panache of years past. Our waiter was adequate and accommodating. A nearby group was shrilly and disruptively loud, management should have acknowledged or addressed it. We ordered the FRA MANI MEAT PLATE, it was unremarkable. My salmon ravioli was cool and overly salty, though my friend's SECONDI Chicken was good. Friendly staff.
- a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014some friends and I meet at tulio's about once a month for lunch - it's always a lovely place to be. great food & a cozy ambience. reminds me of europe.Special Features:
- Not a steak houseComingbackforsureDined on 10/18/2014This was our third trip to Tulio. We went a long time ago, maybe 10 years back, when we read about a special grilled meat they were featuring and were disappointed. We visited about a month or so ago and had an amazing meal so we decided to come back for our 25th anniversary, noted in the rez. We brought along a bottle of wine a friend had given us that was still wrapped. After unwrapping and opening it, the server suggested the ribeye. Neither my wife nor I could chew it and left most on our plates. The server noted this and merely offered to sell us dessert. I expect more from a server, especially in higher end restaurants, and had not been previously disappointed in both food and service in the same sitting. Skip the steakSpecial Features:
- underwhelmedtinkerlove5VIPDined on 10/18/2014Tulio had great reviews, so I decided to check it out as I was staying at the connected hotel. It was good, but it wasn't anything great or memorable. The service was hit or miss. The hostesses were always great. My server at breakfast was amazing. I went back for dinner and found a spot at the bar. The bartender had an attitude. Then the hostess let us have a table in the car area that opened up. They took so long to clear it. Then I asked the server for a water. He literally never came back with water or at all for that matter. He never even brought the check. The bartender had to get us the check after the server said he sent the check back to the bar. He said this on front of us as of we weren't even there! I doubt I'll ever be back.Special Features:
- abcdDined on 10/16/2014Food is delicious! Wish we could have enjoyed savoring our meal instead of feeling rushed to get to the theater after server was less than attentive to us.Special Features:
- Not What It Used To BeJokeDined on 10/16/2014Tulio used to be a great restaurant: great food, a pleasant atmosphere, knowledgeable and competent service, and decent prices. All has changed. The restaurant was overcrowded, too many tables simply crammed in; service was a joke: our waiter didn't know the specials but had to read them and their descriptions from a crib sheet, had to be summoned back to take drink orders, had to be reminded about orders, and prompted to get the check on time; the food was at best only fair and, worse, was much delayed and then, even when ready, was not even served promptly. Two entrees (of four) were served minutes before the third entree arrived, the fourth was forgotten and served several more minutes later. I can no longer recommend this restaurant.
- Wonderful Meal-Great servicechompchompswigDined on 10/16/2014We had just a wonderful meal before a performance at the 5th Ave Theatre. Everything we ordered was excellent; the timing was perfect, our waiter professional. The halibut, the evening's special, was perfect; the sauce was so good. My friend ordered the gnocchi and thought it was one of the best she had every had. We love the charm of the dining room, warm and vibrant but not too noisy. Our experience was everything you hope for when eating out and rarely get.Special Features:
- Love TulioMissesTandJDined on 10/15/2014Small space that's intimate, limited but exceptional menu of food prepared to your ask. A little on the spendy side, but if you're going to the 5th Avenue Theatre and making a night of it, its the perfect, pre-show place and a very short walk to the theatre. The front of house bar is also great. The service is wonderful, thoughtful and prompt. Love this classic, downtown landmark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Northern Italian EateryVissidarteVIPDined on 10/15/2014with GREAT service and attention to details. Greg is such a fine and personable server! The food is delicious and carefully prepared. A must try are the Sweet Potato Gnocchi, a fine specialty on the menu since their opening 22 years ago! It's a visually beautiful eatery (downstairs as well as upstairs) with a homey feeling. It is truly a well-kept secret away from the maddening traffic on 5th Ave! We we are looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Seattle visitorOpenTableFarifaxVaVIPDined on 10/14/2014I come to Seattle quite often on business. Second time I have eaten at Tulio. Great food. The Sweat Potato Gnocchi appetizer was one of the best I have ever had. Veal Chop was excellent. Friend hat the past with Sausage and that was great also. Definite come back to place for business or date night. All though a little load for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining before the theatre!KayBenDined on 10/14/2014The lamb and fish dishes were cooked perfectly. We were on our way to the 5th Avenue Theatre and the service was exceptional. All courses were served in a timely manner and we never felt rushed. Our server was charming, efficient, and had great suggestions for wine pairings. My only disappointment was that, although I had 5:45 p.m. reservations and the restaurant was far from full at that time, we were seated in the middle area instead of the booth I had requested. All in all, a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Wonderful meallawfirmDined on 10/14/2014Allowing us to share the terrific Branzino prepared at our table was much appreciated.Special Features:
- Great service.mimiDined on 10/14/2014We have season tickets to the 5th Ave Theater and although my girlfriends and I have occasionally tried other restaurants in the area, Tulio's is our favorite. Food is consistently delicious, atmosphere charming and you can actually talk to each other. Service is always great. Nate is our favorite server and takes good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chowhoundDined on 10/14/2014Great dinner and friendly and attentive service by Suzy. We were greeted by a friendly waiter who seated us (did not get his name- he was getting off soon) and he made some great recommendations on food. Very excited to return again. One thing, I never received an e-mail confirmation from open-table for my reservation. Checked my junk mail as well. Was not a problem as you had the reservation when we arrived. Just thought you should know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingVancouverdinerDined on 10/12/2014Horrific experience Sunday night 10/14. Ordered the whole grilled seabass "prepared tableside". When it arrived the whole fish was put on my plate in front of me. When I reminded the waiter it needed to be prepared, he said "it's my second day, but I will try". He then prepared to turn the beautiful fish into something that looked like canned tuna. It took 30 mins to get a replacement dish- lamb sirloin- which was ordered rare and came well done. By the time my wife and son had finished their mains and were well into desert. The waiter then came and put the check on the table without asking if we wanted coffee etc.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014The restaurant is very cramped, but that was forgiven as the food and service was excellent. I recommend sharing the pasta dishes. It is nice to try a bit of all of the great food served.Special Features:
- Seattle nightuplandsDined on 10/11/2014both our dinners were excellent, just the kind of food we like, very West Coast, no mashed potatoes or fillers, fresh. I had tuna on cauliflower - it was perfect, and my husband and lamb sirloin which was also excellent. Good size portions and considering how busy the restaurant was, timing of selections was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- downtown gemluv2eatDined on 10/11/2014Had a great meal with my son. Just drove into Seattle in time to make our 5pm reservation. Great service. Timely and appropriately attentive. He quickly found a wine (Sparkman) I recently enjoyed on a previous visit to Seattle. Sorry I do not remember our servers name but we need to get back to try the pork belly pasta!!! Very satisfied with pork shank (who does this anymore?), the ribeye and the appies.Special Features:
- Our ReturnSarkisDined on 10/10/2014Simply amazing! Our return visit to Tulios was nothing other than spectacular. So good in fact, we returned the next night for dinner again. Everything was phenomenal. We had the mussels and cheese plate, and the risotto and branzino. Nothing was short of perfect. Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!mindy56Dined on 10/10/2014Visiting from Dallas. They honored the reservation right on time and the food was excellent. Had the pumpkin gnocchi and the halibut special. Service was somewhat slow but we enjoyed our evening. Would definitely recommend!!!Special Features:
- Crowded but greatrickVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was excellent; especially the whole roasted fish (branzino; which tasted just like the one we had in Spain this past summer) and the lamb sirloin; cooked perfectly. The slightly crispy sweet potato gnocchi appetitzer was so good it almost caused a fight at the table. Only "complaints" are it was a bit too warm and the wine list is a bit overpriced. The tables are closely spaced and that might bother some people but we were fine with that.Special Features:
- Still a gem!Fun2eatDined on 10/9/2014We have dined here a couple times a year for many years. The food is always excellent, the service is always professional and friendly, and the atmosphere is cozy and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alleycatDined on 10/8/2014good food, good service, waiter extremely helpful in explaining and recommending food items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very impressedPunkbootyDined on 10/8/2014wanted to check it out for a while and I'm glad we finally did. Food was good, service was excellent and it was very comfortable. It would make a great place for a dateSpecial Features:
- Favorite ItalianRestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014Amazing service and food. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary, they sat us at a romantic table with 2 long stem roses on the table for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faux ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/6/2014Very disappointed in preparation of salad, unadorned lettuce swimming in oil, and pasta course overcooked and mushy. Properly dressed salads and al dente pasta are mainstays in top Italian restaurants and we certainly expected it from Tulio. Quality of ingredients, the wine, and the dessert were good otherwise the meal would have been a write-off.
- Delicious, Delightful ExperienceHappycamperDined on 10/3/2014Memorable romantic evening. Liked the ambiance from the moment we walked in. Plus that there was valet parking. GREAT food especially the halibut on top of creamy pumpkin polenta and the ravioli stuffed with smoked salmon in a creamy lemon sauce. My partner, a foodie with high standards was delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableJonathanVIPDined on 10/2/2014Food is always wonderful. Bar can be a little backed up, so get your order in early. Terrific before the symphony. Best veal chop in the West!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014As always - a pleasure - don't forget the great serviceSpecial Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014Took a couple clients and had a great time. He rarely eats more than several bites of his meal but finished nearly all of it and dessert besides! Waiter was great as well. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to do businessOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/29/2014Tulio's is the perfect place for a business lunch -- terrific food, attentive waitstaff and a casual but professional atmostphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle GemDinerproDined on 9/28/2014We love coming to Tulio's whenever we are in Seattle. It's warm and cozy with great Italian food.Special Features:
- I walked homereallyDined on 9/28/2014My 2nd date with a great lady, and I took her to Tulio. I feel that we were good guests...my date even gave the hostess her business card after a nice conversation when we were seated. The date was going great until the final bit of dinner when they sat a family with a screaming child three feet away from our table. It was the kind of screeching that makes your arm hair cringe (note: I actually like kids). The romantic connection was quickly lost before I realized it. Needless to say, the date went South and I walked home. I give 4 stars to the food because the gnocchi was very good, and I give 3 stars to the service because they were pleasant at the beginning, but damn, why put the screaming kid right next to a 30-something couple?!Special Features:
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014The food was wonderful as usual. The restaurant was very busy but the service was still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulio is great!TannerDined on 9/27/2014The food, wine, and service at Tulio is outstanding.Special Features:
- WonderfulsmeredithsVIPDined on 9/26/2014Starting with Anthony, our very attentive waiter, until dessert, everything was amazing. I started with the Burrata appetizer and the plate was completely empty when cleared. Very tasty. Husband had the arugula salad and even though he is not much of a prosciutto fan, he really enjoyed it. Entrees we each had the Salmon, which was flavored just right. I had the tiramisu for dessert and it was almost as good as my Mom's, which is really good. We will definitely return here next time in town. Hopefully Anthony is still there, as he was exceptional and set the bar high for the remainder of our dinners in Seattle.Special Features:
- fabulous!MoxeeDined on 9/26/2014Tulio's food is fabulous, always! And the service top notch! Highly recommended ♡Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- topshelffindoffthe58chartsDined on 9/25/2014This place is off the charts fantastic! Ask for Anthony. Focused, entertaining, and truly an outstanding waiter. The entire experience was absolutely amazing. The food is soooooooooo delicious. You will not be disappointed. The menu items are creative, presentation inviting, and the overall evening was unbelievable. I have traveled all over the US and eaten in some of the finest dining establishments. I would rate this as one of the best meals I have ever had.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Thought it was quite noisy. Otherwise loved it!!!!Special Features:
- Best Salmon RaviolidfryVIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a wonderful meal before the musical at the 5th Avenue Theater, which was only 1-1/2 blocks away. Our favorite dishes were the tomato basil soup, salmon ravioli. and veal chop. Also, the brown butter almond polenta cake was scrumptious. Service was excellent.