1100 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulio.com/
- Phone: (206) 624-5500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Close;
Saturday -Sunday: 5:00pm - Close;
Bistro Menu available during Bar Service
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Walter Pisano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Solaio, our upstairs dining room, is a charming and beautifully decorated venue with a wine-cellar motif. At Tulio, we strive to make each event special. There is no room rental fee charged for using Solaio and customized menus, candles for the tables and background music are complimentary. In addition, we are happy to help with floral arrangements, musical groups and any other details to make your event unique.
- Special Events: Tulio offers one of the best Grappa selections in Town! Enjoy Flights of selected Grappas for $20!
Join us for our Grappa Happy Hour in our bar daily from 8pm-10pm. Flights of selected Grappas for $20 with traditional accompaniment.
A word from Tulio
Step through the antique revolving doors of Tulio Ristorante and it's as if you've entered a bustling Italian trattoria in the heart of downtown Seattle. Chef Walter Pisano clearly puts his heart into this longstanding favorite, continuing to impress diners and critics alike. His boldly flavored dishes are both simple and sophisticated, combining rustic Italian preparations with fresh Pacific Northwest ingredients. Add to this our great location in downtown Seattle, our warm, intimate atmosphere and outstanding service and it's easy to understand why Tulio is widely regarded as one of the city's best restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tulio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tulio reviews from OpenTable diners
225 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (127)special occasion (120)romantic (89)neighborhood gem (82)notable wine list (70)good for groups (52)great for lunch (40)hot spot (25)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Everything was great except the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/23/2014Hostess was great. She got us a booth like we requested. Service was great. Waiter recommended a really good bottle of wine. Ambiance was very nice and place was decorated with a holiday theme, which was nice. We ordered the cheese plate, which was fine. For main course, my wife ordered the Salmon Ravioli. I ordered the Orichiette. Neither one of us could power through the meal, it was so bad. I didn't try my wife's dish, but she said it tasted bad and she couldn't eat it. The orichiette I ordered tasted really bitter. I couldn't eat it, either. I've had a lot of italian food and I've never not been able to power through a less than ideal dish. This one was really bad. We were both really disappointed because everything else about the place was great. We won't be back.
- Second time a winner!WickedAwwwsomeDined on 11/22/2014Take 2 visit to this recommended Italian gem in Seattle. After an "off night" for the restaurant on our first visit, this second visit, with encouragement to try again by a superior customer focused GM, Doug Logan, was a redeeming evening for what is now a favorite Italian restaurant in the Emerald City. Italian versions of the roasted chicken and the pork shank, just phenomenally prepared and served. Wine selection was broad enough to taste Italy, but also to take care of us who are Western Washington blended fans. Add Tulio's to your list of places to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014This place was great. Several locals told us to go here and we weye not disappointed. Great food, great wine, great service! !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing dinner after a long commute!winecountry3Dined on 11/21/2014The lamb sirloin was excellent. Attentive service without hovering. Reasonable prices and nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "Date Night Spot"NormC55Dined on 11/21/2014We have enjoyed the quiet atmosphere and great food and service a number of times now and will continue to return when we are in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grat Food Great ServiceToppertomDined on 11/17/2014My wife and I went to Tulio's for a date night, this week. We had a very friendly greeting when we walked in the door, and were immediately seated. The wait staff was helpful and informative, but the food, oh the food was wonderful. We shared the meat plate as an appetizer, and it was filled with delicious cured meets. My wife and the rib eye and it was so flavorful. I had the pork shank that was enrobed in some type of magical fruit compote. What a wonderful evening, with amazing food and excellent service. We will return soon!Special Features:
- A Diamond in the Emerald CityZenful1Dined on 11/15/2014This place wast top notch from the spectacular food and wine list to the fabulous service! I visited Seattle with my family and we all ordered differently so we pretty much tasted a good majority of the menu...some of the highlights were the pork shank, the chicken with lemon risotto, the sweet potato gnocchi, linguini with clams and the smoked salmon ravioli. We will most definitely return the next time we are in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMartelloVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was great. Our server, Juan, was wonderful--efficient, helpful, and friendly. We use Open Table restaurants a few times a week, and Juan was one of the best servers we have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown Italian Hot SpotGiraffeDined on 11/13/2014We have dined at Tulio twice recently, and both times were good experiences. The traditional Italian fare is very good; the wine menu is just right for the menu; the service is excellent, and the atmosphere is cozy and warm. Prices are moderate to the low side of high. The restaurant is a little on the loud side and reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/13/2014Our waitress was friendly, helpful and timed our food perfectly. We enjoyed our time and will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful food and ambienceSuzanneRentonDined on 11/12/2014The food we had was impeccable. Came out at the perfect temperature and had nice balanced flavors. The gnocchi was perfect..the duck crispy and flavorful...then that pistachio dessert...wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in SeattleRAZZMOVIPDined on 11/9/2014We have been here a number of times and it never fails to impress. Great service, nice busy vibe and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetieDined on 11/8/2014Great food and ambiance! The sweet potato gnocchi was amazing! Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Wow what service!TealoverDined on 11/8/2014This will be a dinner to remember! I had asked the waiter about a vegetarian plate. Moments later the chef came over and told me he would cook me whatever I liked. He listened and then made some suggestions. Our meal was excellent but the surprise dessert made just for me was an unexpected delight. Next time in Seattle, I will be back at Tulios.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceJustduckyDined on 11/7/2014Tulio's is a great place to dine. The food was just outstanding. My wife and I both had the duck and it was the best I have ever had. The service was also very good, we were seated right away with no waiting, and the wait staff was very good. My wife has several food allergies and they were happy to accommodate her. We will return on our next trip to Seattle.Special Features:
- Can't wait to return!DineOhmightVIPDined on 11/7/2014Wife had the fish special and it was the highlight of the table! I had the linguine with clams. Spicy and delicious. Our friends both had the pizza special--definitely large enough for two to share. We ended with the Tiramisu--light and not too sweet. Yummy. Wines were very nice according to our companions. The waiter could have been a bit more attentive. We had to flag down another server to order our drinks. We felt a bit forgotten. We will be definitely be back and hope that the service was a fluke.Special Features:
- luv2dineVIPDined on 11/1/2014This is a Seattle gem that should be better known. We have always had friendly and attentive wait persons and the food is consistently excellent. On our recent visit, we loved the mussels Sicilian style, steamed in a delicate orange and fennel broth. We split a first course of fresh pasta with boar, which was toothy and hearty and delicious. The branzino was excellent, as always, and the halibut served on a tomato, red pepper polenta was beautifully cooked and presented. We finished with a dreamy frozen pistachio cream, light enough to almost convince ourselves it might have no calories, but rich and creamy enough to know that wasn't the case. An outstanding meal in a comfortable and relatively quite setting in the heart of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dining experienceeastsidersDined on 10/31/2014The wait staff were friendly, helpful & efficient. We received excellent wine recommendations as well as suggestions with food pairings. [thank you Efren] Our dining experience was lovely, relaxed, and delicious.Special Features:
- Old World CharmEnjoysGoodFoodDined on 10/30/2014Tulio has the ambiance of Old World Charm combined with fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Small selection, but everything was wonderful. Pork shank was so tender and sides were a perfect compliment.Special Features:
- A different experienceTerryVIPDined on 10/28/2014We have enjoyed Tulio's for many years and always anticipate dining there. Tuesday was my husband's birthday and we chose Tulio's to celebrate (did not tell the restaurant this however as it was non consequential to the meal). Unfortunately, the Roasted Chicken with Lemon Risotto was very disappointing. It almost seemed as if Chef Walter Pisano was not in the kitchen. The entree came accompanied by very little of the lemon risotto with the rest swimming in a broth that took the color away from the lemon risotto (or was not lemon risotto to begin with). Very disappointing and not at all reflecting our usual experience there.
- Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great food...equal service. Great experience to start the night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulio's still has it!sadieladyDined on 10/24/2014Have always loved this restaurant. Had read some bad reviews of recent dining experiences and was a little leery of taking some friends who had never been to Tulio's. I mentioned the reviews to the hostess and one of the head waiters. They were very concerned that some diners had left with a bad impression of their restaurant. They did not brush off the comments, but wanted to go back and look at them to see what happened. They assured me they had high standards for food and service and wanted to make sure we had a good experience. The service was great and the food very tasty. Our friends thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Tulio's still remains one of my favorite downtown places to dine. I will be back.Special Features:
- Good but not as good as beforePDL1253Dined on 10/22/2014I always go here when I am in Seattle. This past week, I went there twice in one week with colleagues. The food is always very good but the portions seem to be getting smaller each time I visit. That is a little disturbing given the cost of the dinners. More concerning, the wait staff was a bit smug each night and not at all engaging. For this type of restaurant, you would have an expectation that they can be a little more gracious.Special Features:
- Just not the same...eatoutoftenDined on 10/22/2014I've had several wonderful ***** experiences at Tulio in the past 15 or so years, but this evening was not one of them. I had requested (several weeks prior) a quiet roomy booth or table for us, our group is taller than average, but we were crammed in by a pillar. I like ambiance and Euro feel, but better seating options were available. The food was OK, but seemed to lack the wonderful lustre and panache of years past. Our waiter was adequate and accommodating. A nearby group was shrilly and disruptively loud, management should have acknowledged or addressed it. We ordered the FRA MANI MEAT PLATE, it was unremarkable. My salmon ravioli was cool and overly salty, though my friend's SECONDI Chicken was good. Friendly staff.
- Pre-theater DinnerTiptopTuliioDined on 10/22/2014We had a week-night dinner at Tulio's before attending a performance at the 5th Ave. Theater. Everything was so nicely done, the servers to polite and attentive, and the food so delicious that we will be recommending Tulio's to our friends. We don't live in the Seattle area, but try to dine at Tulio's every time we're in town. It's a special place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014some friends and I meet at tulio's about once a month for lunch - it's always a lovely place to be. great food & a cozy ambience. reminds me of europe.Special Features:
- Not a steak houseComingbackforsureDined on 10/18/2014This was our third trip to Tulio. We went a long time ago, maybe 10 years back, when we read about a special grilled meat they were featuring and were disappointed. We visited about a month or so ago and had an amazing meal so we decided to come back for our 25th anniversary, noted in the rez. We brought along a bottle of wine a friend had given us that was still wrapped. After unwrapping and opening it, the server suggested the ribeye. Neither my wife nor I could chew it and left most on our plates. The server noted this and merely offered to sell us dessert. I expect more from a server, especially in higher end restaurants, and had not been previously disappointed in both food and service in the same sitting. Skip the steakSpecial Features:
- underwhelmedtinkerlove5VIPDined on 10/18/2014Tulio had great reviews, so I decided to check it out as I was staying at the connected hotel. It was good, but it wasn't anything great or memorable. The service was hit or miss. The hostesses were always great. My server at breakfast was amazing. I went back for dinner and found a spot at the bar. The bartender had an attitude. Then the hostess let us have a table in the car area that opened up. They took so long to clear it. Then I asked the server for a water. He literally never came back with water or at all for that matter. He never even brought the check. The bartender had to get us the check after the server said he sent the check back to the bar. He said this on front of us as of we weren't even there! I doubt I'll ever be back.Special Features:
- abcdDined on 10/16/2014Food is delicious! Wish we could have enjoyed savoring our meal instead of feeling rushed to get to the theater after server was less than attentive to us.Special Features:
- Not What It Used To BeJokeDined on 10/16/2014Tulio used to be a great restaurant: great food, a pleasant atmosphere, knowledgeable and competent service, and decent prices. All has changed. The restaurant was overcrowded, too many tables simply crammed in; service was a joke: our waiter didn't know the specials but had to read them and their descriptions from a crib sheet, had to be summoned back to take drink orders, had to be reminded about orders, and prompted to get the check on time; the food was at best only fair and, worse, was much delayed and then, even when ready, was not even served promptly. Two entrees (of four) were served minutes before the third entree arrived, the fourth was forgotten and served several more minutes later. I can no longer recommend this restaurant.
- Wonderful Meal-Great servicechompchompswigDined on 10/16/2014We had just a wonderful meal before a performance at the 5th Ave Theatre. Everything we ordered was excellent; the timing was perfect, our waiter professional. The halibut, the evening's special, was perfect; the sauce was so good. My friend ordered the gnocchi and thought it was one of the best she had every had. We love the charm of the dining room, warm and vibrant but not too noisy. Our experience was everything you hope for when eating out and rarely get.Special Features:
- Love TulioMissesTandJDined on 10/15/2014Small space that's intimate, limited but exceptional menu of food prepared to your ask. A little on the spendy side, but if you're going to the 5th Avenue Theatre and making a night of it, its the perfect, pre-show place and a very short walk to the theatre. The front of house bar is also great. The service is wonderful, thoughtful and prompt. Love this classic, downtown landmark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Northern Italian EateryVissidarteVIPDined on 10/15/2014with GREAT service and attention to details. Greg is such a fine and personable server! The food is delicious and carefully prepared. A must try are the Sweet Potato Gnocchi, a fine specialty on the menu since their opening 22 years ago! It's a visually beautiful eatery (downstairs as well as upstairs) with a homey feeling. It is truly a well-kept secret away from the maddening traffic on 5th Ave! We we are looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Seattle visitorOpenTableFarifaxVaVIPDined on 10/14/2014I come to Seattle quite often on business. Second time I have eaten at Tulio. Great food. The Sweat Potato Gnocchi appetizer was one of the best I have ever had. Veal Chop was excellent. Friend hat the past with Sausage and that was great also. Definite come back to place for business or date night. All though a little load for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining before the theatre!KayBenDined on 10/14/2014The lamb and fish dishes were cooked perfectly. We were on our way to the 5th Avenue Theatre and the service was exceptional. All courses were served in a timely manner and we never felt rushed. Our server was charming, efficient, and had great suggestions for wine pairings. My only disappointment was that, although I had 5:45 p.m. reservations and the restaurant was far from full at that time, we were seated in the middle area instead of the booth I had requested. All in all, a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Wonderful meallawfirmDined on 10/14/2014Allowing us to share the terrific Branzino prepared at our table was much appreciated.Special Features:
- Great service.mimiDined on 10/14/2014We have season tickets to the 5th Ave Theater and although my girlfriends and I have occasionally tried other restaurants in the area, Tulio's is our favorite. Food is consistently delicious, atmosphere charming and you can actually talk to each other. Service is always great. Nate is our favorite server and takes good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chowhoundDined on 10/14/2014Great dinner and friendly and attentive service by Suzy. We were greeted by a friendly waiter who seated us (did not get his name- he was getting off soon) and he made some great recommendations on food. Very excited to return again. One thing, I never received an e-mail confirmation from open-table for my reservation. Checked my junk mail as well. Was not a problem as you had the reservation when we arrived. Just thought you should know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingVancouverdinerDined on 10/12/2014Horrific experience Sunday night 10/14. Ordered the whole grilled seabass "prepared tableside". When it arrived the whole fish was put on my plate in front of me. When I reminded the waiter it needed to be prepared, he said "it's my second day, but I will try". He then prepared to turn the beautiful fish into something that looked like canned tuna. It took 30 mins to get a replacement dish- lamb sirloin- which was ordered rare and came well done. By the time my wife and son had finished their mains and were well into desert. The waiter then came and put the check on the table without asking if we wanted coffee etc.