1100 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulio.com/
- Phone: 2066245500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Close;
Saturday -Sunday: 5:00pm - Close;
Bistro Menu available during Bar Service
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Walter Pisano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Solaio, our upstairs dining room, is a charming and beautifully decorated venue with a wine-cellar motif. At Tulio, we strive to make each event special. There is no room rental fee charged for using Solaio and customized menus, candles for the tables and background music are complimentary. In addition, we are happy to help with floral arrangements, musical groups and any other details to make your event unique.
- Special Events: Tulio offers one of the best Grappa selections in Town! Enjoy Flights of selected Grappas for $20!
Join us for our Grappa Happy Hour in our bar daily from 8pm-10pm. Flights of selected Grappas for $20 with traditional accompaniment.
A word from Tulio
Step through the antique revolving doors of Tulio Ristorante and it's as if you've entered a bustling Italian trattoria in the heart of downtown Seattle. Chef Walter Pisano clearly puts his heart into this longstanding favorite, continuing to impress diners and critics alike. His boldly flavored dishes are both simple and sophisticated, combining rustic Italian preparations with fresh Pacific Northwest ingredients. Add to this our great location in downtown Seattle, our warm, intimate atmosphere and outstanding service and it's easy to understand why Tulio is widely regarded as one of the city's best restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tulio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tulio reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)fit for foodies (93)romantic (74)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (58)great for lunch (46)good for groups (27)hot spot (16)late-night find (16)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Even though the restaurant was not full, it took 10 min for someone to come by, another 10 to be brought water and my entree arrived before my wine, and the entree was undercooked. Will not be going back.
- Reunion DinnerSarahDined on 8/25/2014Four of us converged on Tulio's from far flung parts and spent the night deep in conversation. The wait staff were very understanding of our desire to talk and be off task for ordering. The food was great, especially for a warm Seattle evening. Will return.Special Features:
- Amazing TulioRoccoDined on 8/23/2014Tulio Restaurant in Seattle never disappoints. The staff are so attentive to their clients needs. The kitchen staff always produces amazing plates from appetizers to desserts. My wife and live in Canada but make a yearly stop to this great place!! Lastly, we always sit in James' section and never see a menu - the best part of our evening is being surprised with our next plate of delectables.Special Features:
- Great Friday night DinnerjmrmodeDined on 8/22/2014We went to Tulio for our weekly date night out. We made reservations for 10pm, and were promptly seated. It was pretty loud due to a birthday party next to our booth, but it was ok because i love celebrations! Our waiter was attentive, and made great suggestions from drinks to dessert. We had a wonderful date night out, and can't wait to come back. I really wanted the gnocchi, but was trying to save room for the wonderful pork shank..i would have loved to substitute the gnocchi for the potatoes i had, but that's ok..it was great, and i can't wait to come back. Thank you Tulio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!nstreeDined on 8/21/2014Our second trip to Tulio's when in Seattle- the food is second to none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our Anniversary very specialElleCatDined on 8/19/2014I noted in my open table reservation that my husband and I would be celebrating our anniversary. When we arrived at the restaurant, the host wished us a happy anniversary and led us to a lovely table decorated with 2 long stem red roses. Nate promptly served us celebratory glasses of prosecco and we proceeded to enjoy a lovely meal in a nice atmosphere. The food was delicious and the service made our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make Sure to Get to BrunchFrogdogVIPDined on 8/17/2014This little restaurant is a gem! We went for brunch on Sunday and enjoyed the biscuits and gravy with eggs. This was the BEST sausage gravy I have ever had! Our server recommended the Rustic Bread for my husband and he said that was also very good. The bloody mary's are also quite tasty -- and potent. If I lived in Seattle, I would make this my "go to" restaurant.Special Features:
- Thank you tulio!AmyMDined on 8/15/2014We ate dinner last Friday night to kickoff our college reunion weekend and I cannot say enough fabulous things about the impeccable service by our highly skilled and professional waiter , the incredibly delicious meal and the fun atmosphere! Many many thanks and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at TulipLuv2eatDined on 8/15/2014Everything from food to service to ambiance made this a memorable evening. Even though are waiter, Anthony, was busy it was not reflected in his attention to us. The parking attendant was great. I stayed recently at the Hotel Vintage and am very impressed with all the staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch spitWestcoastfoodie4Dined on 8/14/2014Attentive staff, appropriate lunch menu. Excellent for business meetings.Special Features:
- Great lunchTVCdinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014I stopped in for lunch. The hostess seated me at a nice booth for 4, even though I was a party of 1. I ordered the tomato bread soup. It was excellent, fresh and tasty. I also had the romaine Caesar salad. Again, fresh and flavorful. I felt I had plenty to eat and the total bill was $16. Given the atmosphere, service and food quality it was very reasonable.
- Tulio'sDelisMealsDined on 8/13/2014I love eating at Tulio's. The staff is attentive and friendly. The food is fabulous with a changing menu offering new adventures each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EggstasticJacqueDined on 8/11/2014At our table, we enjoyed three different delectable options. The Tulio Benedict and featured omelettes looked great! My frittata was outstanding with the tomato jam and goat cheese! I would highly recommend this brunch! I just recently moved to this neighborhood. It may be my new fave Sunday destination! I have also recently tried the Burrata and Beets with an excellent wine recommendation. I have also enjoyed lunch and dinner for business there and not been disappointed. It is really a gem!Special Features:
- Simply wonderful1specialkDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic fresh food perfectly prepared and nicely presented. One of our best meals ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Service impeccable and very friendly. The good delicious. Crab ravioli was delicate and very savory. The lobster oil over the ravioli very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lazy Jerk WaiterBlondie69Dined on 8/8/2014In all fairness we were late by 15 minutes, we did call to let them know. They gave away our reserved table for our 45th anniversary. They then sat us next to a very loud group of 8, we asked to be moved and apparently that made the manager mad as hell, our waiter meantime was a champ! Unfortunately our new waiter was a egotistical jerk. He was obviously ticked. We were moved and no sooner were we moved than the manager set up table right next to our booth for a table for 8, even though there were many other spots to put them. These folks were out having a good time arrived drunk from the Mariners game, good for them not so much us! We have been to Tulio's many times for the food, the service has always been so-so. We will never return.Special Features:
- Two for one...SteveDined on 8/6/2014I really enjoy Tulio. I love the old Vintage Park Hotel as well (attached) and the ambience of the restaurant, a complete two for one deal. The food is fantastic and the service is always good. The bar has a nice friendly feel as well. Go enjoy Tulio. In fact, stay at Vintage Park and walk done for the visit.Special Features:
- good food but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Food was very good and our server was charming (even if we forgot ro bring the coffes we asked for) but the noise level made it hard to enjoy the conversation. True that there was a party of 10 next to us but probably not recommended for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Late night Sunday night DinnerNewtDined on 8/3/2014Very chatty and friendly staff with some great interaction with every member of our party. Recommendations from the menu were accurate and the lamb was incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It got approval from an Italian!WayneDined on 8/1/2014I escort Italians for a living. It is not often that they enjoy an Italian restaurant in America. He liked this one. He had the Branzino without the fruit on top, just plain. I had the Duck and my fiance had the salmon. Everything was good, including the service.Special Features:
- Seattle's BestDougoDined on 7/29/2014Wow wow wow!! Absolutely the best meal and dining experience I have had in a long time. Service was outstanding ( thanks Matthew) from start to finish and every bite was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!VeraKDined on 7/27/2014Great food, exceptional service! We went there before seeing a play at ACT Theatre. Very nice and romantic place. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in SeattlewaitonmeDined on 7/25/2014Tulio made it on the list of recommended restaurants at a recent conference I attended in Seattle. Located convenient to all the downtown hotels this restaurant was a real find. Great food. A variety of pasta dishes, meat and seafood. I had the halibut special which was to die for. My husband enjoyed his Oriechette as well. They have an extensive wine list. I would enthusiastically recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The server James really went above and beyond for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Italian diningJulianneDined on 7/20/2014I make yearly trips to Seattle and always look for new restaurants to try. Trulio was our favorite dining experience of all the restaurants we've been to in Seattle. We sat in a spacious booth and were lucky to be served by a consummate professional, James Loop. He helped us with our selections---we enjoyed every dish, including the panzanella soup, crab ravioli, risotto, lamb, bread, and pistachio semi-freddo---don't miss it. Good for small groups, romance, and solo diners. Tulio has a New York feel to it. We loved everything about Tulio's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Tulio was a special dinner experience from start to finish. The waiter made it his mission for us to have a special dinner experience and recommended exceptional combinations. The food was outstanding culminating with a very special dessert. I highly recommend this location for great service and a terrific dining experience.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!drewDined on 7/16/2014Went for my 4 year wedding anniversary. They had roses waiting on the table for us. Also gave us some complimentary drinks. Serve was informative and awesome. Had a great time. Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlunkettDined on 7/15/2014This was third time we have eaten at sea star. The food is always very good . We always order the swordfish when available. This time the entree was slightly over cooked and a little dry but "still excellent". When sea star is not up to par it still is head and shoulders above most other restaurants. However the noise level is quite high and detracts from truly enjoying the evening and meal. Hard to talk at a normal level when restaurant is full. You almost have to shout at times to be heard.Special Features:
- sonnyVIPDined on 7/14/2014We have dined at Tulio for both lunch and dinner. The service is always good, and the food very good. Roberto Garcia the host is the bestSpecial Features:
- Late night yum!rohaontheroadDined on 7/13/2014We needed a restaurant serving late on a Sunday and had no trouble with an after-9 reservation. The staff was friendly, the roast chicken and risotto was rustic and flavorful, and the pistachio semi-freddo dessert was unusual and tasty! The place was comfortable and the prices were completely reasonable. The "feel" was very upscale-family, but our booth was towards the back and was ideal for a romantic night out. We mentioned our anniversary and the waitress brought us a beautiful ripe strawberry with a curly candle to make a wish on. Great location and highly recommended! Our Seattle dining experiences have been hit or miss, and this was another hit!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, Great food!D2GutDined on 7/13/2014My husband and I went on a Sunday night, not too crowded, but we had reservations just in case. Extensive and expensive wine list. The servers will help you select if you need. I had a salad appetizer and my husband had a half order of the crab ravioli, AWESOME! We heard someone else get a half order off the primi list, so if you want to do that and get a meat course you can. The clam linguini was chock full of local clams in a simple, flavorful broth, and my husbands salmon was cooked perfectly with a peppery rapini (broccoli raab) sauté underneath. We even indulged in desert and the Expresso Martini is the best I've ever had. Probably a little overpriced, but I would go back again.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner at TuliopajolieDined on 7/13/2014Five in our party, four different main courses selected. First courses of beet salad and sweet potato gnocchi were both excellent. All of the main courses, which covered the range from pasta to chicken to halibut, were quite wonderful. Our waiter was friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and also had a good sense of humor, which helped make this occasion special for us. My only concern was a somewhat limited wine by the glass selection and the price of the wine definitely can make the bill go up quickly. I was very pleased with the round table, which I had requested and which was provided for us. This enabled our party to talk together comfortably. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant very highly.Special Features:
- Great find!FoodGirlDined on 7/12/2014Found this restaurant through Open Table. The menu looked great but it exceeded my expectations. Service was warm and attentive and the food was outstanding. The ribeye was delicious and reminded me of many great meals in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceQuentinDined on 7/11/2014The food and service was excellent. They had an extensive and diverse wine list with several domestic and foreign wines to choose from. The food selection was diverse as well, and the freshness and quality was excellent! Our server was both friendly and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulio - fab cured meat platter!BelltownResident2021VIPDined on 7/11/2014Seattle has a handful of top-drawer Italian restaurants serving lunch downtown and in Belltown - Il Fornaio, Tulio, Assagio, and Barolo. These four really have it dialed in. They all have great service, nice wine lists, a good bar, and authentic Italian cuisine of the tastiest order. Choose Tulio for the misti platter, and for the seafood, especially fish, and a better than average wine list.Special Features:
- Great for vegetarians!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014They have a separate veg menu! Very friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!orielhDined on 7/5/2014Tulio was perfect for our needs ... Excellent oatmeal with fresh fruit and yoghurt for one of us, and a very well prepared cooked breakfast for t'other ... very friendly staff, despite the fact that we arrived late and were the last to leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure at TulioEnjoyAllDiningDined on 7/1/2014I have been eating here since 1998 and love the sweet potato gnocchi and the roasted chicken with lemon risotto. While I have had everything on their menu, and everything I have ever had was very good, I keep coming back to the above dishes. The service is always excellent. My dining companion had a quart of milk with her, and the host was great about refrigerating it for us while we ate. Thanks for another great evening, Tulio!Special Features:
- what happened?IMHUNGRYDined on 7/1/2014Haven't been in town for awhile & decided to go to my fave, Tulio, for lunch. I love their risotto & my spouse ordered crab ravioli w/lobster oil. My "risotto" arrived on a plate piled in a cone shape. A. It should never be served on a plate. B. Key word is "piled". Risotto should be creamy with liquid. This was a rice cassarole sculpture. The ravioli were literally swimming in oil and were falling apart. Those arrived in a bowl... A drizzling of oil would have been appropriate. We did ask if we had received the correct order and were assured we had. Hoping this was just a truly off day and that this is not a sign of things to come.
- Birthday DinnerContractorDined on 6/29/2014Dining at Tulio was a special treat. The food was fantastic. The wine was amazing. The service was top notch. I had not been here in a long time, and have realized that that was a mistake. The intimate dinning room and very personalized attentive service makes this an excellent special occasion place to eat. My wife is vegetarian and my son and I eat gluten free. The special menus were extremely generous and quite helpful, along with the fantastic waiter, made for a very pleasurable experience.Special Features: