Tula's Off Main
311 Gay Street
Washington, VA 22747Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tula's Off Main
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tulasoffmain.com/
- Phone: 5406752223x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday, CLOSED.
Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 11 A.M. to 5 P.M., LUNCH. 5 P.M. to 9 P.M., DINNER.
Sunday, 11 A.M. to 3 P.M., BRUNCH. 3 P.M. to 9 P.M., DINNER.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Nash
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Tula's Off Main
Welcome to Tula's Off Main, located in historic Washington, Virginia. We are recently re-opened and offer a Louisiana French inspired menu, along with a full wine, beer, and spirits program. Please take a moment to have a look at our menus, and come to see us for an elegant lunch or dinner!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Tula's Off Main - Best Restaurants in Washington ›
Tula's Off Main reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Perfect First Night in WashingtonMattDined on 10/11/2014My fiancée and I had the occasion to dine at Tula's on a weekend getaway when we were staying in Flint Hill at Caledonia Farms. The food was tremendous, and the atmosphere nice and relaxed. It was exactly what we were looking for on our first night in the area! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!!JE1058VIPDined on 10/3/2014We stopped in for dinner and expected something nice, but not one of the top we've experienced... it truly was incredible! The dishes were all prepared beautifully, plated perfectly and offered incredible flavors! Their scallops are AMAZING and you get 4 HUGE scallops in the dish for only $24... What a great deal! The Jambalaya was the best we've ever had... completely fresh with so many flavors bursting in each bite - WOW! They even offered a great salad to start and the potato bacon soup was incredible too. Service was very well done. Everyone was happy to be there and very attentive, polite and offered good suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningHal12Dined on 9/6/2014Tulas' food was very good, service was attentive, the low noise level allowed us to easily chat with our friends around the table. Overall, an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Little Washington Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014Great for dinner the night after an Inn at Little Washington feast. All hot dishes (ham & cheese crepe, sea bass and cous cous) were appropriately hot and tasty, and pear + blue cheese salad was delicious. Did not have desert or coffee. Wine by the glass and food items were reasonably priced. Sparsely populated on the Thursday night we ate there - hopefully it catches on as an area alternative dining place.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2014The staff is friendly and personable. Food is always fresh and delicious! My favorite dishes are probably the angel hair pasta with shrimp, the seared scallops and the pork bellies. Ordered the cous cous with fresh local mushrooms and it was fantastic; very fresh and flavorful. Tula's also has an extensive wine list and some nice cocktails on their bar menu. They have local bands play outside on the patio on select Saturday nights. Adds for a great place to hangout.Special Features:
- Tula's has made it's markbajaDined on 8/30/2014We were there on a Saturday night when they had a good band on the Patio. It was a beautiful night. The Sea Bass special offer was excellent. Prices fair. Mushroom Coucous was good, not excellent. Pleasant, moderate noise (when band not playing), easy parking. Will definitely go back. Waitresses Morgan and Heidi very good and all staff work all tables, which is good. Very friendly.Special Features:
- Heirloom tomato dinnertuxcat9Dined on 8/28/2014Absolutely loved all five courses with the wine pairings of Glen Manor Vineyard. My favorite was the 'Pink Brandywine' and Gruyere Tart with Sautéed Shrimp, and second was 'Garden Peach' Sorbet with Avocado Flower. Service was prompt and servers very attentive.Special Features:
- A True DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Tula's Off Main and plan to make regular visits there. The food was fresh, the staff was knowledgeable, polite and attentive. Service was quick but we were never rushed. Atmosphere is inviting and relaxing. It's a wonderful little find, so get off 211 and stop by for lunch or dinner. It's worth the trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit - Great FindKReatnVIPDined on 8/23/2014Another great food find in Northern Virginia. This was our first visit and was impressed with the variety on the menu and the quality of entres. this is a relatively new small restaurant, so it was not very crowded but appeared to be discovered by the locals. Recommended, we'll be backSpecial Features:
- Nova1945Dined on 8/9/2014Drinks were great,food was fabulous ,live music on the patio on Saturday night was the bomb!!!Special Features:
- Great Time!LocalPTOMom20106Dined on 7/8/2014We will definitely come back again. Enjoyed it very much. The only glitch I had was I did not know the sandwich I ordered came with a salad and I ordered a side salad and the server didn't mention that a salad came with the sandwich. That would have been helpful to me, but it was the first week opened I believe. All together, super cute place and excellent food and regardless of the glitch, the service was attentive and pleasant! Dessert was EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what Washington neededRappkn8iveDined on 7/6/2014Tula's Off Main has filled a niche that Washington, Va. needed. Excellent food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineoutVIPDined on 7/4/2014My companion waited an hour for his food many apologies did not make up for the fact that when it came a major component was missing - one of the trio of pork preparations. You'd think the waiter describing the contents of the platter would have noticed! When the plate was returned the added pork was dry & luke warm - we saw the same dish go by to other tables & it looked much better with steam rolling off. The free dessert did not adequately compensate. Others around us seemed to have a better experience.
- Really good food and serviceTimdcVIPDined on 6/29/2014Having just opened 9 weeks ago, they are really dialed in. The salmon app was delicious. The jambalaya serving was generous and had the right amount of heat. My wife and I look forward to our next visit. The excellant service made for a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Charm in RappahannockBeveatingoutVIPDined on 6/28/2014Tula's is a delightful addition to charming Washington, Virginia. Good food, excellent friendly service and a pleasant decor contribute to a happy dining experience. Sadly, they've already reduced the hours when they are open, so check before you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Tula's Off Main reviews archive.
- A GemBeckyDined on 5/31/2014We had reservations for The Theatre that is right across the street from Tula's so eating there was there was convenient , and totally yummy. We ate a little early so it was quiet which we loved, the staff were exceptional. I would highly recommend you stopping in and enjoying the food, ambiance, personable wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful, delicious, innovativeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/24/2014my husband and I were staying at the Inn at Little Washington but chose not to have dinner there as we just felt it seemed too over the top in too many ways. we asked around in town and Tula's was recommended - how lucky for us. The food was fabulous - both delicious and creative. Tula's soft shell crabs were among the very best I have ever had - perfectly cooked, tender and moist, and the preparation was delicious. The atmosphere is casual and relaxing, very easy going. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Used2luvezeplaceVIPDined on 5/23/2014First time dining at the new Tula's, very pleasantly surprised. Pear and arugula salad were excellent, and so were the scallops starter and the rockfish entree. Service was professional and unobtrusive. We are eager to come back.Special Features:
- A great dinner for 5!Good2dineVIPDined on 5/17/2014Very good service, excellent food, and a complete wine list. Well done.Special Features:
- Austrian Wine Dinner at TulasRappahannockLifeDined on 5/15/2014A lovely meal with Austrian wines for Tulas first wine dinner. Relaxing, fun and nicely done. Wine pairings were superb and distributor was informative as well as entertaining. Food was excellent; an asparagus and watercress salad garnished with prosciutto and orange with a charmingly non-yeasty bubbly, delicate ravioli of Quark cheese and porcini mushrooms with a pleasing and refreshing white, strip of veal over roasted parsnip puree, grated horseradish and demi-glaze topped with kale paired with a delightful, tasteful and not too heavy red, finishing with a crepe of peaches and whipped cream paired with a dessert wine of apricot notes. Reasonably priced and most enjoyable. I understand an Italian night is in the offing. We await.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gemSwinney1Dined on 5/3/2014This restaurant was a welcome surprise in an area that needs innovative cuisine. It is friendly and welcoming. The food has a French, New Orleans tint, and it is delicious. They have a sophisticated wine list.Special Features: