2750 S 9th St.
Salina, KS 67401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tucsonssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7858209595
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tucson's Steakhouse
Enjoy incredible food at reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere. Voted Salina's number one steakhouse eight years running, Tucson's Steakhouse has a commitment to old fashioned quality without shortcuts. This Salina classic's obvious specialty is steak and this steakhouse is best known for its in house, hand cut, Certified Angus Beef. Other favorites at this family owned hot spot include Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Smoked Beef Brisket, melt in your mouth Baby Back Ribs and specialty seafood selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tucson's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Salina ›
Tucson's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Yummy birthday treatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014We belong to the cactus club and received an online coupon for a discount on my birthday meal. The steak kabobs were done perfectly and at the end of the meal I received a yummy chocolate brownie dessert for my birthday. The entire dining experience contributed to making my birthday special.
- PoorServicePoorServiceDined on 7/24/2014Used to love this place. The food was still ok. Service was terrible. Had to ask multiple times for items missing - bread, more chips, mushrooms, sauce. Silverware was taken off the table before we got our food. The waitress asked if we wanted the mushrooms on the steak, not telling us it was an extra charge and then they forgot them. When we asked about them, we told the waitress to forget them because we were almost finished eating. She brought them when we literally had one bite left. When we got our ticket, they were an additional fee…too much for the 2 tablespoons we got - that we didn't get with our meal. The sandwich came with no sauce on it - it was very dry and definitely not worth the price. Really spoiled our special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt VERY rushed/Ice cold foodhim8nzDined on 5/24/2014Everything was going just fine until we received our salads. We had just started to eat our salads when our entrées arrived. When I took my first bite of the grilled veggies, they were cold. My expensive rib eye was luke warm and was overcooked. My husband's entire entrée was ice cold. The server NEVER asked how our meal was etc. She did ask if we needed drink refills once. The next time we saw her was when she dropped off the check. I had to quickly ask her if I could get a to go box for the rest of my steak. The six top next to us appeared to get much better service that was paced appropriately. I hate to complain as I am thinking she was just overwhelmed. Just wanted this to be noted, as we usually never have this problem here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Food and service is always very good. It's where we go for a good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 80 reviews are from the Tucson's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Steak was good, but not that good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The atmosphere wasn't what I expected. It didn't have a fun atmosphere like a Lone Star or something, nor did it have a romantic high quality atmosphere. Ticket got misplaced, food was late. The steak was good, but not THAT good. Should've gone to Olive Garden next door.
- I'd visit again.CaddygmaDined on 5/1/2014Food was very good. Pulled pork was delicious, brisket a little tougher than I expected but good flavor.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableBabethebeagleDined on 4/20/2014When we want a good steak dinner we always head for Tuscon's. Locally, their steaks can't be beat. Service is fast and always friendly.Special Features:
- Irish feastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Thanks for the quality of the special Irish dinner. Everything was wonderful and plentiful.Special Features:
- Reliable food and serviceMomof1KCVIPDined on 3/17/2014Tucson's is a great, reliable restaurant for a small town. Friendly service, a full menu and good for little ones. I would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair priceSpringDined on 3/14/2014Tusons is a nice place to eat at a fair price. We eat here once a month or so. It's fine for bringing the kids out or for date night with just the hubs. The service is excellent to decent depending on who you get for a server. The management is usually friendly and often visit your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little longCiscoDined on 3/14/2014We thought by booking a table we could be in and out in a reasonable amount of time. Wrong, we had a concert to go see and we're rushed because service was slow. We ordered before the table next to us and their food was served before ours. Servers looked rushed and confused. Looks like you need to hire more help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!JenPDined on 2/28/2014Super busy on a Friday night but well worth the wait. Steaks were cooked perfectly, margaritas were awesome & waitstaff wasn't at our table every 5 minutes. PS, definitely go for the bacon wrapped jalapeños for your appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food are consistentElDdoradoDined on 2/25/2014The service and food are consistently great. They have the best Salmon and ribs in town.Special Features:
- locally ownedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Our OpenTable reservation did not show up on their list and there was a 45 minute wait. When I showed the hostess our reservation confirmation, she got us in within 15 minutes. Great service, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!meetingpartyDined on 2/8/2014Had reserved a table for five only to find out we needed a table for seven. The hostess and manager took care of our needs immediately. Our server was excellent, always checking on what we needed and bringing refreshments without being told. First time eating at Tucson"s and will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, good priceDL1K07Dined on 1/15/2014Went here after a group of us flew into Salina. Made the reservation for 14 online and everything was set up and waiting for us right on time. Service was excellent and the environment was warm & inviting. Most of us got steak of some kind and agreed that the food was good, but not spectacular & perhaps a little overpriced. That said, everyone was satisfied & we'd certainly go there again, especially considering that they were willing to accommodate a group of our size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksluvredmeatDined on 9/28/2013For a romantic night out, this is not the place. But, if you want Angus beef cooked to near perfection, you probably cannot do much better. I had a small filet medium-rare. It was excellent. My wife opted for the "Loaded Chicken", a chicken breast smothered in cheeses and mushrooms. We were both well pleased with the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chicken TenderloinsDarrellDined on 9/13/2013Out of our party of six, four of us ordered the Chicken Tenders on the recommendation of a regular. They were large, meaty, and perfectly breaded - probably the best Chicken Tenders around. Tucsons offers generous portions, and all the delicious marble bread you can eat. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No up to par that nightDoctorTDined on 8/31/2013Waiter was unfamiliar with cuts of beef, unfamiliar with their beer list which is extensive. Had to return one of our steaks and it still came out wrong, Manager took it off the bill. Would never go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceSteaknTatorsDined on 8/18/2013My party was a large group of ~ 18 family members. Our server, Tyler, was excellent. He was prompt, attentive, friendly, & went over & above with a smile cleaning up after a baby had dumped his plate. The food was tasty & all at the table were happy with their orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucson's - the Best in Town!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2013Tuscon's has been our favorite restaurant ever since it opened! You can call ahead to get your name on the list for seating. The food is always good, fresh, and consistant. The prices are very competitive and a big menu. The waitstaff is friendly and prompt and it is nice that management also works the rooms to be sure everyone is satisfied. What else do you need!!!!??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in chaos.CammyDined on 7/31/2013We had an excellent waiter and the hostess was very accommodating. I like to go to Tucson's but the loud noise level takes away from any personal conversation. We had to yell across the table. I don't eat out often and felt the prices had really increased! Thank you for the $10.00 coupon, it helped!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good on the road restaurantGoodtimeBPVIPDined on 7/31/2013We had the Filet, and the steak was marinated, and the quality was average. The The Baked Potato and the vegetables were ok and the salad was chilled but mainly iceberg lettuce with very little else in it. The presentation and the service were more suited for a truckstop than fine dining. Our waitress was young and not very attentive, although in looking around it appeared that the other staff were more attentive to their customers. The restaurant was clean and pleasant, and we always like to frequent non chain restaurants.
- Dining at Tucson'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013The food and service is as good as it gets anywhere. A+++++++++ Best ribs and veggie kabobs in town (my choice) Wife likes the chicken
- Birthday SteakGourmandeDined on 5/31/2013Hubby's birthday request was a big steak dinner. Tucson's fit the bill. An old friend had given it a poor review. We were hesitant, but decided to trust online reviews and give it a shot. Our server was diligent and courteous, and stood by while we cut our steaks, making sure they were cooked perfectly [they were]. Just the right balance of attention and personal space. We tried a mixed drink special from the bar, some kind of a rum/vodka/who knows what-else punch- fruity with coconut overtones. We loved it, but limited ourselves to one [not because they weren't good, but because we were driving]. The steaks were delicious and perfectly done. Each came with two sides- all excellent. There was so much food we couldn't eat it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013Being a member of the Cactus Club has it's privledges. I received an email for my birthday that included a coupon for $10 off an adult meal. We decided to take my parents out, and everyone enjoyed their meals. The bread is unlike other stealhouses, and that's a good thing. Bacon-wrapped shrimp is divine, and we always get the steak, the flavor is so good. Management came by, chatted a bit, and we felt like special guests. Every time we're in town, we stop there. Wish they would open up one in KC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy to have somewhereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2013Very happy to have somewhere to eat dinner that we can make a reservation!!! Will be eating here more often since having a new baby really limits our time we can spend going out for dinner. Steak special was great just like normal.Special Features:
- Wonderful to be able to getOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Wonderful to be able to get a reservation online, and be able to change it if needed, We showed up early, but they still were able to accommodate us within minutes!! Great place to have lunch with the family and friends!!Special Features:
- Great food, prices, and serviceBabethebeagleDined on 3/31/2013Excellent steaks at reasonable prices. What sets Tuscon's apart is their fast and friendly service.Special Features:
- One of the best 10 oz RiBOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013One of the best 10 oz RiB Eye steaks I have had. All food for party members was very good. The Sauteed Muchrooms very good. Staff did a great job for a birthday surprise and desert. The presentation of the main courses could be improved. My plate had just a steak and mashed potatoes. Looked very plain. It needed something green or some color. We came from 400 miles away. It was worth it.Special Features:
- I go to there because theyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013I go to there because they have the best fillet in Kansas. I hope they never change the product. My family drives from Kansas C ity to eat there also.
- Awesome evening! Food - fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Awesome evening! Food - fabulous! Chocolate martini - yeah!Special Features:
- I love coming here. FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013I love coming here. Fantastic food for good prices. A friendly atmosphere, they treat you like family. Steaks are top-notch, the side dishes are home-made, and the bread is something special, all soft and warm. I truly enjoy it every time I'm there.Special Features:
- Tucson's is our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Tucson's is our favorite restaurant in Salina!! We like the ability to call ahead and get our name on the waiting list. The food is always very good. Our favorite is the $11.99 6oz steak special. Your salads are always very fresh and the waitstaff very friendly and efficient. See you again soon! P.S. Some outdoor dining in nice weather would be lots of fun! John & Dixie HaddockSpecial Features:
- We have eaten there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We have eaten there many times over the years. It is always good and our favorite place for steaks in Salina. We have out-of-town relatives who request to go there when they are in town as there is nothing comparable where they are from. We recommend it to anyone who asks about a good place to go.Special Features:
- I very much appreciated beingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013I very much appreciated being able to reserve seats and to do that on-line was even better! Great improvement! I would appreciate if the server would ask if we are a member of your club so that I would remember to provide my card and take advantage of whatever it offers. The last two times I have been there I have forgotten to provide that to the server during checkout. :(
- Food was excellent! Had aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Food was excellent! Had a very nice evening meal with family and friends. Would highly recommend. We made reservations on-line and had to wait maybe 5 minutes before being seated. Glad that reservations are available unlike most of the other area restaurants.Special Features:
- Food came quickly. WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/16/2013Food came quickly. Waiter was attentive and friendly even though he was swamped with customers. Always a very good experience.Special Features:
- Steak Heaven! Every Time:-)OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/28/2012Always the best KC Strip. Their KC Strip has spoiled me so bad, I eat fish everywhere else!Special Features:
- Doing it rightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012We live 1 1/2 hours from Salina and always look forward to making the trip so that we can eat at Tucson Steakhouse. The atmosphere, service and food are always awesome. They know how to do it right!Special Features: