101 S West Ave
Beach Haven, NJ 08008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tuckerstavern-lbi.com/
- Phone: (609) 492-2300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Friday: 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Allen Vanesko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music on Saturdays from 8:30 PM - 12:30 AM
A word from Tuckers Tavern
A Beach Haven local favorite is back, better than ever, thanks to a spirited restoration inspired by the best American Taverns and British Pubs, featuring a gastro-pub menu, raw bar and ever changing selection of craft beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tuckers Tavern - Best Restaurants in Beach Haven ›
Tuckers Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (42)kid-friendly (38)vibrant bar scene (36)great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (17)scenic view (16)hot spot (15)late-night find (9)special occasion (6)great for brunch (5)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Nice night outPtonDinerDined on 11/22/2014Excellent drinks - lots of craft beers on tap and great $5 cosmos. Food was very good wood fires steaks, chops and burgers Fresh fish. Fireplace was going. All made for a fun, cozy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanaDined on 10/25/2014Burrata appetizer returned because it was sour and bad. Mahi dinner small and very expensive
- collegegroupeeDined on 10/25/2014This was our 3rd time at Tuckers and it didn't disappoint. Our friends said this might be their new favorite spot. Great service, nice atmosphere, good food, good drink.Special Features:
- Saturday nite go toMaureenLBIDined on 10/18/2014Now that summer is over, LBI is a bit quiet and many restaurants close for the season. Happy to see Tucker's crowded. Good bar crowd, fireplace lit, service friendly and nice menu.Special Features:
- CarolADined on 10/12/2014first time visiting since they re-opened as Tucker's Tavern...they sure hiked up the prices! But the atmosphere was still nice - sat near the fireplace which felt good on a drizzly night. Food was good and the service was friendly. NOthing extraordinary, but fine.
- Fab Reinvention of an old favoriteTriciaDined on 10/4/2014We were excited to try Tucker's Tavern...we'd been there in the past and enjoyed the family friendly fare, but they have definitely stepped it up a few notches with excellent menu options, great decor and friendly, attentive service. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Love the New RestaurantIcreatealotDined on 10/4/2014Within an island filled with places to eat, the new Tucker's Tavern seems to have found their unique niche. Very cool decor. Each room has its own fun theme. Tremendous drink list. Menu ranges from the ordinary to the extraordinary. We've been there twice and have not been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthieDined on 9/28/2014I am a permanent resident of LBI and whenever my family visits, Tuckers is one of our favorite places. The menu has enough vairiety to suit everyone. Service is excellent and lke the idea of making reservations on-line.Special Features:
- Needs tweekingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Could be a great restaurant but the food needs help. we had crab cakes, a mahi mahi sandwich and the fish and chips - none of which were great. all were just okay - sort of flavorless. the fries were good. desperately seeking a good year round restaurant on LBI!
- Good but overwhelmedbestrobotsVIPDined on 9/27/2014We love the decor and good natured but clearly overwhelmed service. Food is good and certainly not great. Wood grilled octopus was tough, not tender, and fresh oysters were closer to room temperature than ice cold. Good beer selection a 2 bars make this a hopping place.. food is sort of an afterthought.Special Features:
- TuckersKevinDined on 9/27/2014We had a great visit to Tuckers for dinner with our party of 8. Our waiter did a great job explaining the menu and getting drinks. The food was good to excellent, My Filet was cooked right on the spot, but my baked potato was way undercooked and hard to get attention to address since no one ever checked back on the food. I was hungry and ate it anyway.. The restaurant got busy which is probably the problem.. Yes, I would come back, I think its a great asset to Beach Haven..Special Features:
- positivesph001Dined on 9/20/2014glad tucker is back after sandy. enjoyed the rum runners at the bar many times. dinner was excellent - great Barnegat scallops! outdoors was nice ... must be awesome at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinealotDined on 9/20/2014The decor of Tuckers Tavern is what makes it attractive to dine. The service was good. Our server was very attentive even with a crowded dining room. This is my second time there and the food is mediocre. The hand cut french fries are delicious but came out cold. My pulled pork sandwich was bland. The sauce had no zestiness. It was somewhat flavorless. My brothers Mahi Mahi's consistency was less than desirable. However, the bar had a wonderful guitar player and a descent crowd. Next time I'll have diner somewhere else and afterwards go to Tuckers for the beer and music. It's a same the food isn't better because they really did an awesome job rebuilding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculous Portion SizesKkscDined on 9/13/2014Nice upscale take on bar food and variety to please both picky kids and foodie husband and I. Every restaurant on LBI serves steamed clams. At Tuckers they were steamed with butter beans, tomato, and arugula and were delicious. Service kind of slow on a busy Saturday night and very loud. Portion sizes were ridiculously large. No one should eat that much food, and judging from the amount of food left on plates when people left, very few can. I don't understand why a restaurant feels it has to serve so much food. Not only does it make people fat, it costs more, it's a tremendous waste of resources, and food rotting in the dump contributes to global warning. I was so put off by it that I don't know if I'll be able to eat there again.Special Features:
- KateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Reservation was for 7:15pm, table was not quite ready and we decided to go to the bar which was extremely crowded. We were able to reach someone's attention and they told us that we had to order through another bartender, that was frustrating. Finally received our drinks. Our table was ready about 25 minutes after the reservation time. Had multiple apps. which were good to share with our friends. Crab bisque and brussels sprouts were delicious. My husband order the bone in rib eye and it was horrible. Over all the experience was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Tuckers on LBIPatBDined on 9/6/2014A different menu and new owners have taken over at Tuckers which reopened this year after the old Tuckers was destroyed by Sandy. The menu is different from the original, and a little pricey buy what isn't on LBI. We all just had sandwiches which were very good. Hamburgers were probably the best I have ever had anywhere. Will go back and try the steaks. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good family destinationcablvrDined on 9/1/2014If you're on LBI with a large group (family, friends, young children), then Tucker's is your place to be - they can handle any size group you have. Make reservations! Food is good for LBI (not many choices to begin with), pedestrian wine list, friendly patient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Back!RosieVIPDined on 8/31/2014We are so glad to see Tuckers back after its devastation by Hurricane Sandy. It's a reliable Long Beach Island tradition. The renovation is well done, preserving the original vibe, but adding some much needed updating. The food is very good, pretty typical, tasty pub-style burgers, fish and chips and so forth. We have missed Tuckers and are glad to see it back restored to its original self with an updated menu.Special Features:
- Date nightJackieDDined on 8/30/2014We had our first date night in months while my in laws babysat. The food was delicious. We had the Burrata app and I had pork chop and my husband had the scallops. Everything was delicious. I will def be going back. Our server Alexis was great and knew the menu very well. I made reservations on open table so it was really easy. I highly recommend Tucker's Tavern for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at Tucker's Tavernmichie1196Dined on 8/30/2014I recently took my son, Tucker, to Tucker's Tavern for his 3rd birthday. It was our first visit and won't be our last! Hope to bring the hubby back for a date night. All of the staff made Tucker feel so special and the service and food were superb! Great job, Tucker's Tavern!Special Features:
- From Burgers to SteaksSuetrueDined on 8/30/2014We're seated promptly in Mermaid Room. Service was immediate and friendly. Went with my grandchildren and all water, bread and butter and appetizers came out quickly. I had the Portobello Raviolis with large shrimp on top with a delicious cream sauce and spinach. Just as good as the first time I ate there. Everyone else happy with their choices. Turkey BLT sandwich, Scallop dinner, Burger and fries, Crab Cakes etc. Didn't stay for dessert but I'm sure that was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great improvement!LbmomDined on 8/29/2014They have really worked out their kinks! Now one of our favorite spots to go to! Great food and drink, great service...yeah, a little pricey but so is everything on LBI! Great job!Special Features:
- Will not returngigiDined on 8/29/2014Unfortunately it started poorly out of the gate and never recovered. Apps arrived long before before cocktails, (beware the beautiful round tables in the raw bar area, lovely however the wood planks are uneven and drinks can easily tip over as our waitress discovered) Ordered a round of peel and eat shrimp, rubbery and over cooked, not the best omen for a restaurant that promotes seafood...As for the entrees average, average Lastly I also order a baked potato (a staple at a seafood restaurant) not baked , no delicious crunchy skin, but rather microwaved with orange cheddar and bacon bits, looked similar to a boiled potato....We will return to our standby the Black Whale
- the new Tucker's...not so newDanJacDined on 8/29/2014Big improvements inside. Like how they broke up the very large back room. Menu is better as well. Trouble is that if you are not careful and get placed in the back room, it is oriented toward large groups and children, thus very noisy and hectic. Biggest issue was that the food was middle of the road. Also concerning is that the main course came out in under five minutes from the order. We had chicken and crab cakes. Obviously the chicken was pre-cooked and just waiting to be warmed up and served. This might be a common practice but your meals should never be served that quickly. Place is okay, but would recommend more for vacationing families.Special Features:
- What a missOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Boy we were excited to try Tucker's but it was very noisy! It's great for kids but parents seated near us let their kids run a-muck and yell. Our server was slow and the menu seemed very limited. I got the steak frites but they were just steak fries and a steak, nothing special. Kids burger was the adult burger. A real shame. Bottom line noisy, service lacks and the food is nothing special.Special Features:
- FoodJackieDined on 8/27/2014Not enough food choices and very expensive. Old Tucker's was much better. Disappointing experience.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Loved Tuckers. Food was simply amazing as well as the service. So glad we went and would recommend over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperiencefishloverDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I heard about the "new" Tucker's restaurant and looked forward to checking it out while on our once a year LBI vacation. Our corn chowder soup was very good. The rest? Really bad food. The mahi mahi (sandwich) was dry and fishy tasting. The seared tuna salad was inedible...gray, flat piece of raw, cold, uncooked rubbery fish not even resembling tuna. The salmon salad served as a replacement (waitress apologized and said it had never looked like that before) was very fishy, not fresh. Service was slow. Such a disappointment for our first night on vacation.
- Good foodJenLovesFoodDined on 8/25/2014Used to be Tucker's, which had a casual menu. This place is fancier, weird items on the menu. The appetizers (octopus, fried pickles and clams) left something to be desired. The entrees were excellent. Crab cakes have lots of meat. Tuna was cooked to perfection. Portion size was good. Good cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Renovations Turned Out GreatRaymoDined on 8/24/2014We tried Tucker's while down in LBI. Great Gastro Pub style food. Good selection of beer and cocktails. Loved the appetizers. Will go back sometime to try lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Improvementsaln13Dined on 8/23/2014In the past, Tuckers was always a place you could get a reservation because the food was OK, but, I went here with the family last weekend and the experience was our best in LBI! What can I say-it's new management, new menu, great food and great service. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same anymoreKeithDined on 8/19/2014Tuckers used to be our favorite restaurant in LBI. They had a more diverse menu which was much more kid friendly. Now it is way too overpriced with a limited, more "gourmet" menu. One step forward, two steps back. Bring back the old Tuckers!
- Nice family dinner for 17!MaureenLBIDined on 8/17/2014Had all the kids for dinner out on LBI and had 2'tables...17, counting the grandkids. Very good service and food also good.Special Features:
- LizLBIDined on 8/16/2014I live a few blocks away, so I have been there a few times since they re-opened. My overall rating for the food so far is fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!Jocko606Dined on 8/15/20146 of us on a Friday night. Outstanding service from start to finish. Seafood dishes were all top shelf, including the yellow fin,salmon, and oysters. Sure to return next time were in LBI!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the same tuckers but ok!BAM5Dined on 8/15/2014Tuckers has reopened but don't expect the same tuckers you used to know and love. The food is more upscale and trendy and the prices are higher. It also is not exactly kid friendly. Seems they are more interested in the bar crowd. The menu is rather limited, but the food is excellent. The service is impressive! I had a child with me that was unhappy with the meal and Christina the manager noticed and came over and suggested another menu item to replace it and it was perfect! There meal was taken off the receipt without any discussion. Great customer service. We love sitting outside on the deck, but the high tables are a little awkward. We will be back to try again and hopefully the menu selection will increase after being open longerSpecial Features:
- Nice to see Tucker's open again!!JohnjoeDined on 8/15/2014Tucker's is a must stop while on LBI. The food is great, the scallops were out of this world, but at a price! The oysters were very fresh as well, I went East Coast. The makeover inside is tremendous, and the food is right there in terms of excellence. We went with our four young kids, the kid's menu was perfect for them.Special Features:
- kitchen closes at 10coldfrenchfriesDined on 8/13/2014We ordered at 9:45, an AWESOME fried pepper app....ALSO a burger with fries and a Mahi Mahi sandwich with fries. Our fries were cold. We asked for hot fries ( too much to ask ? ) We were told : " I can warm your fries in a microwave if you want soggy fries " THANKS - BUT NO THANKS **** Burger - Awesome ! Mahi Mahi much less than awesome
- LaurieDined on 8/12/2014Fourth time at Tucker's, always accommodating, friendly and enjoyable. The Brussels sprout salad is great for something a little different. Fun drink menu too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlymDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant is very nice but unfortunately the food is horrible!