101 S West Ave
Beach Haven, NJ 08008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tuckerstavern-lbi.com/
- Phone: 6094922300x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday: 11:30 AM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Allen Vanesko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Tuckers Tavern is pleased to host live bands in our bar Wednesday - Saturday from 8 PM - midnight.
A word from Tuckers Tavern
A Beach Haven local favorite is back, better than ever, thanks to a spirited restoration inspired by the best American Taverns and British Pubs, featuring a gastro-pub menu, raw bar and ever changing selection of craft beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuckers Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (40)great for outdoor dining (38)kid-friendly (33)vibrant bar scene (30)neighborhood gem (28)scenic view (20)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (16)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)special occasion (6)great for brunch (5)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had our first date night in months while my in laws babysat. The food was delicious. We had the Burrata app and I had pork chop and my husband had the scallops. Everything was delicious. I will def be going back. Our server Alexis was great and knew the menu very well. I made reservations on open table so it was really easy. I highly recommend Tucker's Tavern for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Burgers to SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We're seated promptly in Mermaid Room. Service was immediate and friendly. Went with my grandchildren and all water, bread and butter and appetizers came out quickly. I had the Portobello Raviolis with large shrimp on top with a delicious cream sauce and spinach. Just as good as the first time I ate there. Everyone else happy with their choices. Turkey BLT sandwich, Scallop dinner, Burger and fries, Crab Cakes etc. Didn't stay for dessert but I'm sure that was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great improvement!LbmomDined on 8/29/2014They have really worked out their kinks! Now one of our favorite spots to go to! Great food and drink, great service...yeah, a little pricey but so is everything on LBI! Great job!Special Features:
- Will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Unfortunately it started poorly out of the gate and never recovered. Apps arrived long before before cocktails, (beware the beautiful round tables in the raw bar area, lovely however the wood planks are uneven and drinks can easily tip over as our waitress discovered) Ordered a round of peel and eat shrimp, rubbery and over cooked, not the best omen for a restaurant that promotes seafood...As for the entrees average, average Lastly I also order a baked potato (a staple at a seafood restaurant) not baked , no delicious crunchy skin, but rather microwaved with orange cheddar and bacon bits, looked similar to a boiled potato....We will return to our standby the Black Whale
- the new Tucker's...not so newDanJacDined on 8/29/2014Big improvements inside. Like how they broke up the very large back room. Menu is better as well. Trouble is that if you are not careful and get placed in the back room, it is oriented toward large groups and children, thus very noisy and hectic. Biggest issue was that the food was middle of the road. Also concerning is that the main course came out in under five minutes from the order. We had chicken and crab cakes. Obviously the chicken was pre-cooked and just waiting to be warmed up and served. This might be a common practice but your meals should never be served that quickly. Place is okay, but would recommend more for vacationing families.Special Features:
- What a missOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Boy we were excited to try Tucker's but it was very noisy! It's great for kids but parents seated near us let their kids run a-muck and yell. Our server was slow and the menu seemed very limited. I got the steak frites but they were just steak fries and a steak, nothing special. Kids burger was the adult burger. A real shame. Bottom line noisy, service lacks and the food is nothing special.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Not enough food choices and very expensive. Old Tucker's was much better. Disappointing experience.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Loved Tuckers. Food was simply amazing as well as the service. So glad we went and would recommend over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperiencefishloverDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I heard about the "new" Tucker's restaurant and looked forward to checking it out while on our once a year LBI vacation. Our corn chowder soup was very good. The rest? Really bad food. The mahi mahi (sandwich) was dry and fishy tasting. The seared tuna salad was inedible...gray, flat piece of raw, cold, uncooked rubbery fish not even resembling tuna. The salmon salad served as a replacement (waitress apologized and said it had never looked like that before) was very fishy, not fresh. Service was slow. Such a disappointment for our first night on vacation.
- Good foodJenLovesFoodDined on 8/25/2014Used to be Tucker's, which had a casual menu. This place is fancier, weird items on the menu. The appetizers (octopus, fried pickles and clams) left something to be desired. The entrees were excellent. Crab cakes have lots of meat. Tuna was cooked to perfection. Portion size was good. Good cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Renovations Turned Out GreatRaymoDined on 8/24/2014We tried Tucker's while down in LBI. Great Gastro Pub style food. Good selection of beer and cocktails. Loved the appetizers. Will go back sometime to try lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Improvementsaln13Dined on 8/23/2014In the past, Tuckers was always a place you could get a reservation because the food was OK, but, I went here with the family last weekend and the experience was our best in LBI! What can I say-it's new management, new menu, great food and great service. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same anymoreKeithDined on 8/19/2014Tuckers used to be our favorite restaurant in LBI. They had a more diverse menu which was much more kid friendly. Now it is way too overpriced with a limited, more "gourmet" menu. One step forward, two steps back. Bring back the old Tuckers!
- Nice family dinner for 17!MaureenLBIDined on 8/17/2014Had all the kids for dinner out on LBI and had 2'tables...17, counting the grandkids. Very good service and food also good.Special Features:
- LizLBIDined on 8/16/2014I live a few blocks away, so I have been there a few times since they re-opened. My overall rating for the food so far is fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!Jocko606Dined on 8/15/20146 of us on a Friday night. Outstanding service from start to finish. Seafood dishes were all top shelf, including the yellow fin,salmon, and oysters. Sure to return next time were in LBI!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the same tuckers but ok!BAM5Dined on 8/15/2014Tuckers has reopened but don't expect the same tuckers you used to know and love. The food is more upscale and trendy and the prices are higher. It also is not exactly kid friendly. Seems they are more interested in the bar crowd. The menu is rather limited, but the food is excellent. The service is impressive! I had a child with me that was unhappy with the meal and Christina the manager noticed and came over and suggested another menu item to replace it and it was perfect! There meal was taken off the receipt without any discussion. Great customer service. We love sitting outside on the deck, but the high tables are a little awkward. We will be back to try again and hopefully the menu selection will increase after being open longerSpecial Features:
- Nice to see Tucker's open again!!JohnjoeDined on 8/15/2014Tucker's is a must stop while on LBI. The food is great, the scallops were out of this world, but at a price! The oysters were very fresh as well, I went East Coast. The makeover inside is tremendous, and the food is right there in terms of excellence. We went with our four young kids, the kid's menu was perfect for them.Special Features:
- kitchen closes at 10coldfrenchfriesDined on 8/13/2014We ordered at 9:45, an AWESOME fried pepper app....ALSO a burger with fries and a Mahi Mahi sandwich with fries. Our fries were cold. We asked for hot fries ( too much to ask ? ) We were told : " I can warm your fries in a microwave if you want soggy fries " THANKS - BUT NO THANKS **** Burger - Awesome ! Mahi Mahi much less than awesome
- LaurieDined on 8/12/2014Fourth time at Tucker's, always accommodating, friendly and enjoyable. The Brussels sprout salad is great for something a little different. Fun drink menu too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlymDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant is very nice but unfortunately the food is horrible!
- Good foodGoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed the homemade French onion and lobster bisque soups. Sandwiches were plentiful. We had crab cake and pulled pork sandwiches. They fries were hand cut and savory. The sandwiches were $16 and $15 but worth it. I've heard the raw bar is great. The entrees are pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horray! Tucker's is back!broadwayboundDined on 8/7/2014Having dinner at Tucker's has been a long standing family tradition, it's wonderful they're back. The food was delicious, the service outstanding, beautiful décor and the best part is they now take reservations! More restaurants on the Island should do the same. You won't be disappointed relaxing at Tucker's!Special Features:
- Glad they're open againJakeswmrDined on 8/6/2014Food s very good and different - I had the crispy Brussels sprout salad for an appetizer, entree was Barnegat scallops with brandy lobster sauce. It was served on a bed of sweet corn and sun-dried tomato risotto. Very tasty! My dining partner had the Caesar salad and opted for two appetizers as an entree - oyster sliders and mussels in a curry corn sauce. Both were deemed very good. Dessert was chocolate banana bread pudding and mixed berry crisp - both also quite good. The service was quick - perhaps a bit too quick - entrees came before we had finished our appetizers. The restaurant was very busy so I was impressed with the speed and efficiency of the kitchen. We ate out on the deck - nice view of the bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014good service and liked the decor at hostess stationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New Tucker'sanonymousVIPDined on 8/5/2014Tucker's has just reopened following Hurricane Sandy, and we were eager to try out this reincarnation of one of our favorite restaurants on LBI. I was underwhelmed. The menu has been greatly reduced, with lots more attention given to the beer menu--something I care nothing about. The room was extremely noisy, making it difficult to carry on a conversation. Worst of all, the service was about the slowest I've experienced anywhere. We waited more than 30 minutes between placing our order and getting our food, even though several neighboring tables who had come in after us were served before us. We will have to think long and hard before returning to Tucker's. Insult to injury? No Open Table points!
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Our server, Isabelle, was awesome and very attentive. We had lots of 'special' requests that were met quickly and cheerfully, e.g., we changed our seat, asked for music to be lowered a bit, etc. Drinks were great and food was particularly awesome. We cleaned our plates. This was the best dining experience I've had on the island.Special Features:
- Terrible, terrible, terribletrixieDined on 8/4/2014The (sticky, dirty) menu here must have been written by someone smoking crack. Rocket and arugula are both used to describe salads, but last time i checked they were two words for the same thing. The tuna they use is previously frozen. "Little neck" clam appetizer were sized more like top necks, and came to the table with empty shells--kind of a bummer when there were only 10 clams to the order. The mark up on their wine was WAY out of line and didn't even make sense on the glass to bottle prices. Waiter was a jerk and handled the situation poorly. Manager took 2 entrees off check but (with 2 outrageously priced glasses of wine) was still over $60 for 3 people. And there isn't a good table in the entire ridiculous place.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Very limited menu. Very expensive. Appetizers were great but dinner was greasy (fish and chips). I would go back to sit at the bar or outside for drinks and appsSpecial Features:
- Great RebirthLindaDined on 8/2/2014We were worried about what would happen to Tucker's, but no worries now! They did a great job on the interior and added a new bar inside and outside. The outside seating is great with a view of the bay. The whole interior looks great, they really dug in and cleaned it up, adding some nice beachy touches. Food was great and our server Caitlin was knowledgable and personable. This restaurant has been in this location for years and it's nice to see that it will be there for many more!Special Features:
- Good Food, Nice AtmospherehlthygrlDined on 8/1/2014We heard that Tuckers had re-opened and decided to give it a try. We were seated in the Mary Poppins (for lack of a better description) room off the bar area. It was very nice and cozy, great atmosphere for conversing without having to raise your voice even though it overlooks the bar (which was packed by the way). Our server Brian R. did an excellent job of describing the dishes. My husband had the pork chop, which although pricey, was delicious. My father and his wife ordered the fish and chips and the scallops and were both pleased. I however didn't take my servers advice and ordered the orriechetta pasta dish. I couldn't eat it due to strong unknown flavors. Everyone else licked their plates clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotJulienDined on 8/1/20141st time dining here. Overall a wonderful experience. Server, a young lady, was fantastic. Food was excellent. Overall vibe was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ravioli dishbarbDined on 7/31/2014The pots bello ravioli were an excellent choice..service was great..manager made sure to stop by and be sure everything was ok..being able to make an open table reservation was also helpful with two small kids..kids menu was high 12 for hamburger that was too big maybe 2 smaller options should have been made availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodLBIbeach1515Dined on 7/30/2014We ordered Salmon, it was very dry and the beet salad was over salted. Very pricey for what you get. Would not go back unless they Changed things. Too many other places to go for the price where you get a vegetable and salad. Only good thing is the place was renovated Nicely.
- staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014from the host to the busboys and everyone in between all were courteous knowledgeable and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LBILOVERDined on 7/25/2014Arrived 15 min. before our reservation brought to a table that was short by 2 seats, waited 10 minutes finally our waiter got us chairs but still had not received menus, which we got ourselfs. our server & appetizers were great, it was all down hill from there. we waited more than 45 minutes after appetizers for our meal, which we watched the runner go to three different tables with our meals trying figure out what table they should go to. 3 out of 7meals were luke warm at best 1 (Fish and chips) was sent back - extremely oily,sides of asparagus was COLD, loaded baked potato came plain- no butter, sour creme. crab cake sandwiches & side of brussel sprouts were good. Overall the entire dinner experience was disappointing.
- Welcome Back, Tucker's!tuckersDined on 7/25/2014Tucker's is an LBI landmark. After repairing from Sandy, Tucker's recently re-opened better than ever. There isn't one critical comment I can make about it. Everything about the experience is beyond any expectation a diner may expect. They've added a fresh raw bar which is the perfect first course. Not even a spoonful of their French onion soup will be left in your crock. We've had most of the entrees and recommend all of them. (Honestly, we've dined there 3 times in one week!). Dessert?? Impossible to resist (especially the warm brownie/ice cream)! They are so accommodating to children. Their bar scene is a culture in its own. All this AND they're open year round. One caution-----make reservations!Special Features:
- Dinner with FamilyGolflinks77Dined on 7/25/2014Food and service was vey good. A bit noisy inside by the bar. Food is a bit pricey, but I would definitely go back on next years LBI shore vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKboz07Dined on 7/25/2014Many LBI locations are a bit slow with service. Tucker's was speedy but not rushed. Accommodated kids meals with apps. Restaurant was awesome. Food was great. Will definitely be going back with and without kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time ....againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Having been to the original Tucker's 6 times .... We decided to try the new redesigned Tucker's .... While the convenience of on line reservations was a welcomed change ....the experience went down hill quickly ...Overpriced ,noisy and a table that took way too long to clear between courses . Our server worked hard but clearly lacked the training that seasonal usualky help brings to the experience ... A perfect example would be the following ....after an apology from the waiter about the 41munute delay between the conclusion of appetizers and main course ....his helpers arrive with the food ...but not certain what entree goes where ...I offered my assistance and was told NO We paid our $649 bill. ....9 people ...and left underwhelmed