1007 Guerrero Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tubarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4158268822
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Special Events: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
A word from Tuba Restaurant
Authentic Turkish Mediterranean Vegetarian and some Middle Eastern Cuisines combined together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuba Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (32)good for groups (24)romantic (24)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014I was recommended to come here by my Turkish roommate. When I made the reservation online, I wrote that it was my friend's birthday (I always add in the comment without any expectations). The staff were all very friendly from the moment we stepped into the restaurant. Our waitress made some very great recommendations to wine and food and were tentative throughout. The food was amazing! Our entree, the eggplant stuffed with ground beef was phenomenal! At the end of the night, we were offered dessert which we refused since we were both stuffed but the staff brought out a cake and sang happy birthday to my friend without prompting! It was a great addition to the night. I highly recommend Tuba for a formal or casual dining experience!Special Features:
- Tuba on GuerreroDiscriminatingpalateDined on 9/8/2014Our innkeeper recommended that we go to Tuba at least once during our family's week-long stay in San Francisco, and thank heaven we were able to get a reservation on Monday night. The sampler appetizer platter is absolutely outstanding. Everyone was very happy with his or her main course as well. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- EllenVIPDined on 9/6/2014From the reviews, was expecting something really great, but it turned out to be good rather than extraordinary. We still had a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumXyzlmnopDined on 9/5/2014We were so happy with everything. We loved the lamb and the lentil soup was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Turkish CuisineBk97Dined on 8/27/2014My dinner at Tuba was amazing, the hummus and red pepper spread was incredible and my Kebob was perfectly seasoned and grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthieDined on 8/23/2014so yummy, such great service...would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Always been happy hereYamoDined on 8/22/2014Food is beautiful flavorful and served nice and hot. Truly one of my favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/21/2014If you want to try new things, have some good food and amazing service, it's the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TubaTubasajoyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always quite wonderful. Good food and good people.Special Features:
- DelightVIPDined on 8/20/2014Having been to Turkey last year, we wanted to try a local Turkish restaurant. A bit unsure what to expect as we drove by this very small, storefront, walked out after dinner with smiles on our faces, having experienced a real neighborhood gem. The food, the service, and the entire staff were wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Turkish foodSFFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Authentic Turkish food with some SF updates! Lamb dishes are a specialty and cooked well. Staff are efficient but not pushy and give you time to enjoy yourself and your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/13/2014Everything on the menu looked so delicious it was impossible to choose! With help from our server, we especially enjoyed the dolma special and a warm baked Turkish dessert with ice cream. Yum!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!!Rusry11VIPDined on 8/12/2014I have heard about Tuba through a couple of friends who live in SF. So, I decided to give a try on my recent trip to SF. The food was excellent and service was definitely great. Glad that we made it there this week.Special Features:
- Great foodcaliforniaveganDined on 8/9/2014Even as a vegan I had some great choices and was served a great meal. The flavors were an excellent blend spices and fresh produce, the food was served quickly and hot. We dined on the early side so don't know how busy they are later in the evening, but it was pretty full by the time our meal was served. I look forward to my next visit in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesEdddDined on 8/8/2014The mezes were delicious and were very filling. When I go next, I'll probably just order a few of them and leave full and happy. Might leave room for dessert, definitely worth it.Special Features:
- Tasty and friendlytaliDined on 8/2/2014The food was delicious. It is the perfect place to eat family style and taste a variety of the menus offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent food with high price tagYalekVIPDined on 7/17/2014Heard a few recommendations about Tuba. We tried it. The service is friendly but unattentive. We waited for a long time for the entrees. The conclusion is that the food is a decent Mediterranean food but the quality of the food does not match to the high price tag.
- Delightful EveningKathyDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I visited Tuba for the first time for an early dinner before the Marsh show. It is a beautiful room and the staff were attentive and pleasant. The meal was delicious -- we have visited Turkey and enjoy the cuisine a lot. We hope to go back.Special Features:
- Fun place for turkish foodluv2dineVIPDined on 7/1/2014friendly service, great selection of mezes, entrees were delicious, will come back again.Special Features:
- YUMMY!!!BobbiDined on 6/28/2014We were wanting an authentic dinner, something unique and out of the box. We stumbled upon Tuba via open table. We couldn't have been happier!! Easily one of the best dinners we have had in a long time. Every dish we had was made with love. The service was fantastic! The manager Ishmael was working the room, chatted with everyone and was incredibly pivotal in maintaining the positive energy in the restaurant. The desserts are to die for!!! You'll leave with a muffin top, so be prepared to workout hard the next day.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePetitePearDined on 6/28/2014I have eaten here twice recently. Both times the food was delicious. Robust flavors, friendly service, and decent prices. The level at which you are tended to makes it feel like a family run restaurant. I highly recommend the Cevizli Ezme as a starting appetizer. The fresh pita bread is irresistible and the red pepper spread is phenomenal. Our group also enjoyed sharing the Sigara Boregi and falafels, before rounding out the meal with a well seasoned kebab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceLisa0416Dined on 6/27/2014I've walked by Tuba for years and finally tried it. Boy, I was glad that I did. The food was so very fresh, with distinct flavors. The Turkish Wine that was recommended was amazing. I had asked a friend who is a chef had recommended many great dishes. My favorite items besides the wine was Icli Kofte- spicy ground beef with crushed walnuts- we loved the Tava Shrimp with garlic and aspargus, olive oil, rice and veggies. They recommended a fila dough with crushed pitashios with vanilla ice cream. Everything was amazing and overall a great experience. I will be back for sure!Special Features:
- TubaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Pretty decent Turkish fare for someone who ordinarily doesn't like Turkish food. Staff was friendly without being intrusive and efficient. We had a nice meal in less than an hour. Certainly worthy of a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always great!DiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 6/24/2014a wonderful adventure in dining. awesome turkish food - good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely DeliciousDaudiDined on 6/23/2014Service was very friendly relaxed; made our party of 6 feel comfortable. The Food was incredibly delicious as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!yohoyoaHobbitslifeformeVIPDined on 6/23/2014I'm sure the neighbors in the Mission have known about Tuba for years but for us it was an oasis of delicious. We loved the cute setting, our waiter was adorable, but the star of the experience was the amazing food. We had an appetizer called Sigara Böreği which was filo dough wrapped around potato, feta and parsley, accompanied by a creamy dipping sauce--heaven. Next a falafel salad where the falafel was stuffed with goat cheese, great dressing and crunchy vegetables. We were essentially full by then but that didn't stop us from loving the tender chicken kebabs served with veggies, rice and more creamy sauce that made everything divine. We had a Turkish wine that we really liked after our waiter brought out some samples to help us choose.Special Features:
- Terrific!EssieDined on 6/21/2014Very delicious food....an unusual cuisine. Everything was absolutely wonderful and we had great service. Everyone at our table agreed that Tuba's is a FIND! Don't miss the Boregi...all the Mezze were especially good. parking can be difficult but we lucked out and parked directly in front of the restaurant. That made the meal even more wonderful!Special Features:
- still good, but not at its bestDiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 6/19/2014still one of my favorite restaurants - but tonight was an off-night - though the food was still good, the service good, but the noise level more energetic before and the food is usually outstanding and exqusitie - tonight it was merely good.Special Features:
- Istanbul in Noe ValleySFDineretteDined on 6/18/2014How great it is not to have to travel thousands of miles for a delicious Turkish meal! Tuba is my favorite place to go to for the best lamb shish. The esme and haydari mezas bring back memories of happy times sharing food with good friends and enjoying Turkish hospitality.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!HausDined on 6/14/2014Great spot! Everything was delicious and waiter was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's wonderful, it's marvelousDiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 6/10/2014as always, the food is exquisite - the service is great and it's a welcoming place!Special Features:
- Turkish Delight!VincenzaVIPDined on 6/10/2014This casual, friendly little restaurant is a real winner! Owner and waiters are all very charming! Their food suggestions were right on target - i can't remember the Turkish names of all the dishes, but the stuffed eggplant with beef is amazing.... we ordered the prawns, along with many other appetizers on the menu and were not disappointed with any of them. I loved that they chilled my white wine glass too.... just a little touch.....signature dessert and baklava was also superb! If you like flavorful, sometimes spicy food...this place is very reasonable and fun- funky too in its decor....you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great local restaurantAmericanClicheVIPDined on 6/7/2014Good food, excellent service and a great atmosphere. A total neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceUeberEaterDined on 6/5/2014The recommendations of the knowledgable waiter were most helpful. The service was prompt and the food was delightful - this is the type of restaurant I would visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelysfociscoDined on 6/1/2014The food was delicious. The welcome and service were fantastic. It was overall a very enjoyable meal for 5 adults and one 5 year old. We will most certainly return.Special Features:
- luv2eatsDined on 5/30/2014Tuba was a great experience I will definitely be going back very soon! Food, service, and ambiance was great!Special Features:
- Great findKimeco510Dined on 5/30/2014We were going to the theatre on mission and 22nd and we're looking for a place to eat near by. One of our group didn't like Mexican food so we needed to branch out. Tuba was just the ticket. Delicious Turkish food. We had the big mezze platter and shared some lamb and chicken grilled skewers. Everything was delicious. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Suggesting some really tasty Turkish wine (who knew?) and did up our friends birthday dessert with a lovely special plating a song and when we left gave the birthday girl a card and a $20 gift certificate!! We couldn't have asked for a nicer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TubaGastroDocDined on 5/30/2014Friendly owners and staff. Truly authentic Turkish food. Red lentil soup as good as the best I had in Turkey. Desserts sinfully good. Go on Fridays! The lamb shank Friday Special is to die for. Really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingearihanDined on 5/24/2014The food here is absolutely amazing! I am from Turkey and if you are looking for traditional turkish food, this is the place for you. The staff is really nice and polite. It really is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Turkish DelightJohnKVIPDined on 5/23/2014This was our second visit to Tuba. We were even more impressed with everything. Having recently been to Turkey, we found the food at Tuba to be incredibly flavored, excellent presentation with generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.