1007 Guerrero Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tubarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (415) 826-8822
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Special Events: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
A word from Tuba Restaurant
Authentic Turkish Mediterranean Vegetarian and some Middle Eastern Cuisines combined together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuba Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (27)romantic (22)good for groups (20)notable wine list (11)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great birthday spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2014We chose Tuba on a whim for my birthday dinner. The place was quiet on a Monday night. The staff was so friendly and on their A game. The food was wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Turkish food outside of Turkey!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014My husband is from Turkey and has stated, unequivocally, that Tuba is by far the best, and most authentic Turkish restaurant in the bay area. Having spent quite a bit of time in his country, I have to agree. I suggest trying one of the listed Turkish wines as well. Overall, there is not one thing we don't like about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's wonderful, it's marvelous!DiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 10/29/2014another evening with a friend celebrating her birthday. again - the food was exquisite - the service was welcoming and wonderful - all in all, another fine dining and celebration experience at what has become one of my most favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Nefis!bcvanooDined on 10/27/2014I treated my husband to a birthday dinner to re-create our incredible honeymoon in İnstanbul...Tuba did not disappoint! Right away, we spotted Efes (our favorite Turkish Pilsner) on the menu and knew we were in for a treat. We started out with the İçli Köfte (pan fried meatballs with crushed wheat and walnut) and then each chose a signature entree. He had the Karnıyarık (stuffed eggpalnt) and I had the Sarma Beyti Kebabı (kebab wrap topped with the most incredible tomato yoghurt sauce), both were perfectly seasoned and reminiscent of the meals we so enjoyed in Turkey. For dessert we split the Künefe (think baklava meets cheese danish) and had two glasses of Turkish tea, which really made us feel like we were back in İnstanbul. Just lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a joyTubasajoyVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food at Tuba is fresh, beautifully served, and tasty, always (this was maybe my tenth meal there.) If you go early (1000 points!) you have a serene, attractive place that is quiet and welcomes you. This was where I chose to go for my 75th birthday!Special Features:
- If you Love TurkishVeganifficDined on 10/19/2014This is a Great Place for Turkish Food. The Ohnesorg are wonderful to every guest. They will accomodate vegan Top. Hands Down the best Turkish Restaurant in the bay area.Special Features:
- Exquisite, Excellent, ExtraordinaryDiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 10/16/2014after a journey abroad, including 8 days in turkey, i returned to tuba - and once again - the food was exquisite - the service was excellent - the ambiance was good- and the entire dining experience was extraordinary - so that i'll have to go back time and time again. such a pleasure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014My dining companion and I liked Tuba but next time we will try their vegetarian and/or vegan dishes. She had the chicken kebab and I had the lamb, both were somewhat overcooked, but the appetizer was great. We also tried Turkish wine and really like it. When we are in the neighborhood we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- badinerVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was good and had unique flavors. A bit too much garlic in the food left an aftertaste in the mouth, however.Special Features:
- Great Experience!lnoimanDined on 10/1/2014Food was delicious, fresh, portions not overwhelmingly large, and reasonably priced. I had the Adana Kebab which was well-flavored -- I've had this dish before and sometimes the meat is over-salted, Tuba's is not! Saving room for the Knafeh was probably the best move of the night -- cheese had a little stringiness to it, pastry was not over-saturated with honey, and it came with a side scoop of vanilla ice cream, which surprisingly worked well and didn't make the dish too sweet (as long as you use the ice cream sparingly!). Service was friendly, attentive, but not over-bearing. I would definitely return for another group dinner, or on a date - the ambiance is warm, verging on romantic, with low-lighting and warm color scheme.Special Features:
- Turkish DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Great neighborhood spot....prompt, knowledgable and friendly service without being intrusive. Food is excellant. Presentation is professional, seating is comfortable. Only downside is having to use street parking, but we were lucky.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful mealLisbetDined on 9/20/2014Tuba is consistently great, with a selection that will please any dining requirements, a fun wine list, and friendly wait-staff. I cannot recommend this place enough; it makes a cuisine which might be new to many people very accessible -- you will fall in love with Turkish food!Special Features:
- Great place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014I was recommended to come here by my Turkish roommate. When I made the reservation online, I wrote that it was my friend's birthday (I always add in the comment without any expectations). The staff were all very friendly from the moment we stepped into the restaurant. Our waitress made some very great recommendations to wine and food and were tentative throughout. The food was amazing! Our entree, the eggplant stuffed with ground beef was phenomenal! At the end of the night, we were offered dessert which we refused since we were both stuffed but the staff brought out a cake and sang happy birthday to my friend without prompting! It was a great addition to the night. I highly recommend Tuba for a formal or casual dining experience!Special Features:
- Tuba on GuerreroDiscriminatingpalateDined on 9/8/2014Our innkeeper recommended that we go to Tuba at least once during our family's week-long stay in San Francisco, and thank heaven we were able to get a reservation on Monday night. The sampler appetizer platter is absolutely outstanding. Everyone was very happy with his or her main course as well. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- EllenVIPDined on 9/6/2014From the reviews, was expecting something really great, but it turned out to be good rather than extraordinary. We still had a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumXyzlmnopDined on 9/5/2014We were so happy with everything. We loved the lamb and the lentil soup was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Turkish CuisineBk97Dined on 8/27/2014My dinner at Tuba was amazing, the hummus and red pepper spread was incredible and my Kebob was perfectly seasoned and grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthieDined on 8/23/2014so yummy, such great service...would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Always been happy hereYamoDined on 8/22/2014Food is beautiful flavorful and served nice and hot. Truly one of my favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/21/2014If you want to try new things, have some good food and amazing service, it's the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TubaTubasajoyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always quite wonderful. Good food and good people.Special Features:
- DelightVIPDined on 8/20/2014Having been to Turkey last year, we wanted to try a local Turkish restaurant. A bit unsure what to expect as we drove by this very small, storefront, walked out after dinner with smiles on our faces, having experienced a real neighborhood gem. The food, the service, and the entire staff were wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Turkish foodSFFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Authentic Turkish food with some SF updates! Lamb dishes are a specialty and cooked well. Staff are efficient but not pushy and give you time to enjoy yourself and your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/13/2014Everything on the menu looked so delicious it was impossible to choose! With help from our server, we especially enjoyed the dolma special and a warm baked Turkish dessert with ice cream. Yum!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!!Rusry11VIPDined on 8/12/2014I have heard about Tuba through a couple of friends who live in SF. So, I decided to give a try on my recent trip to SF. The food was excellent and service was definitely great. Glad that we made it there this week.Special Features:
- Great foodcaliforniaveganDined on 8/9/2014Even as a vegan I had some great choices and was served a great meal. The flavors were an excellent blend spices and fresh produce, the food was served quickly and hot. We dined on the early side so don't know how busy they are later in the evening, but it was pretty full by the time our meal was served. I look forward to my next visit in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesEdddDined on 8/8/2014The mezes were delicious and were very filling. When I go next, I'll probably just order a few of them and leave full and happy. Might leave room for dessert, definitely worth it.Special Features:
- Tasty and friendlytaliDined on 8/2/2014The food was delicious. It is the perfect place to eat family style and taste a variety of the menus offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 438 reviews are from the Tuba Restaurant reviews archive.
- decent food with high price tagYalekVIPDined on 7/17/2014Heard a few recommendations about Tuba. We tried it. The service is friendly but unattentive. We waited for a long time for the entrees. The conclusion is that the food is a decent Mediterranean food but the quality of the food does not match to the high price tag.
- Delightful EveningKathyDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I visited Tuba for the first time for an early dinner before the Marsh show. It is a beautiful room and the staff were attentive and pleasant. The meal was delicious -- we have visited Turkey and enjoy the cuisine a lot. We hope to go back.Special Features:
- Fun place for turkish foodluv2dineVIPDined on 7/1/2014friendly service, great selection of mezes, entrees were delicious, will come back again.Special Features:
- YUMMY!!!BobbiVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were wanting an authentic dinner, something unique and out of the box. We stumbled upon Tuba via open table. We couldn't have been happier!! Easily one of the best dinners we have had in a long time. Every dish we had was made with love. The service was fantastic! The manager Ishmael was working the room, chatted with everyone and was incredibly pivotal in maintaining the positive energy in the restaurant. The desserts are to die for!!! You'll leave with a muffin top, so be prepared to workout hard the next day.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePetitePearDined on 6/28/2014I have eaten here twice recently. Both times the food was delicious. Robust flavors, friendly service, and decent prices. The level at which you are tended to makes it feel like a family run restaurant. I highly recommend the Cevizli Ezme as a starting appetizer. The fresh pita bread is irresistible and the red pepper spread is phenomenal. Our group also enjoyed sharing the Sigara Boregi and falafels, before rounding out the meal with a well seasoned kebab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceLisa0416Dined on 6/27/2014I've walked by Tuba for years and finally tried it. Boy, I was glad that I did. The food was so very fresh, with distinct flavors. The Turkish Wine that was recommended was amazing. I had asked a friend who is a chef had recommended many great dishes. My favorite items besides the wine was Icli Kofte- spicy ground beef with crushed walnuts- we loved the Tava Shrimp with garlic and aspargus, olive oil, rice and veggies. They recommended a fila dough with crushed pitashios with vanilla ice cream. Everything was amazing and overall a great experience. I will be back for sure!Special Features:
- TubaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Pretty decent Turkish fare for someone who ordinarily doesn't like Turkish food. Staff was friendly without being intrusive and efficient. We had a nice meal in less than an hour. Certainly worthy of a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always great!DiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 6/24/2014a wonderful adventure in dining. awesome turkish food - good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely DeliciousDaudiDined on 6/23/2014Service was very friendly relaxed; made our party of 6 feel comfortable. The Food was incredibly delicious as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!yohoyoaHobbitslifeformeVIPDined on 6/23/2014I'm sure the neighbors in the Mission have known about Tuba for years but for us it was an oasis of delicious. We loved the cute setting, our waiter was adorable, but the star of the experience was the amazing food. We had an appetizer called Sigara Böreği which was filo dough wrapped around potato, feta and parsley, accompanied by a creamy dipping sauce--heaven. Next a falafel salad where the falafel was stuffed with goat cheese, great dressing and crunchy vegetables. We were essentially full by then but that didn't stop us from loving the tender chicken kebabs served with veggies, rice and more creamy sauce that made everything divine. We had a Turkish wine that we really liked after our waiter brought out some samples to help us choose.Special Features:
- Terrific!EssieDined on 6/21/2014Very delicious food....an unusual cuisine. Everything was absolutely wonderful and we had great service. Everyone at our table agreed that Tuba's is a FIND! Don't miss the Boregi...all the Mezze were especially good. parking can be difficult but we lucked out and parked directly in front of the restaurant. That made the meal even more wonderful!Special Features:
- still good, but not at its bestDiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 6/19/2014still one of my favorite restaurants - but tonight was an off-night - though the food was still good, the service good, but the noise level more energetic before and the food is usually outstanding and exqusitie - tonight it was merely good.Special Features: