Tub Tim Thai
4927 W. Oakton St
Skokie, IL 60077Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Tub Tim Thai
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tubtimthai.com/
- Phone: 8476758424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Party trays available for any occasion. Please call at least 24 hours in advance.
A word from Tub Tim Thai
Tub Tim Thai Restaurant offers Chicagoans and Chicagolanders alike a gateway to unique and authentic Thai food in thriving downtown Skokie. Opened in August 2005, it is already known for its casual yet luxurious atmosphere, and loved for its menu featuring not only Thai favorites but regional specialities. We are a Michelin Guild Recommendation restaurant for 2012, as well as on an ABC 7 Hungry Hound.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tub Tim Thai - Best Restaurants in Skokie ›
Tub Tim Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We love this place. Freshly prepared food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Fast, high-quality, great serviceMoldyFoodieDined on 7/28/2014Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, despite handling multiple phone orders while we were in the restaurant. Our water glasses were never empty for long. The food came out quickly and was plated well. The portions are ample and the flavors were unique. Some Thai food is just greasy noodles, but Tub Tim Thai is several cuts above the norm.Special Features:
- A Different Thai ExperienceBillVIPDined on 6/10/2014This was our first visit to this Thai Restaurant. The menu had a variety of offerings and we enjoyed trying some new dishes for us as suggested by our server. We will be back.Special Features:
- The following 36 reviews are from the Tub Tim Thai reviews archive.
- Great little restaurant!AlanVIPDined on 4/12/2014Noise level was high due to several families with kids. We did dine a little early so not sure about how it would be around 7pm or so. Great food! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great selections, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2014Great selections, wonderful flavors! Delicious! Service was very good! Tops on the list of Thai food favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai Food in SkokieCarrieDined on 3/4/2014Who would have thought you could get great, authentic Thai food in Skokie? It's right at Tub Tim That, with a diverse selection of entrees - noodles or rice, chicken, beef, tofu. The Thai iced tea was a great new experience, too. Service is friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Favorite North Suburban Thai PlaceAlonaVIPDined on 2/26/2014This is our favorite north suburban Thai restaurants. We come often because the food is great, the service is consistently good, and they honor our reservations no matter how crowded they are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai Food in SkokieReviewer34567VIPDined on 1/18/2014This is a great place to go before going to the Northlight Theatre or the North Shore Center. There are complete dinners for 2 for $35. We ordered ala carte and enjoyed the green curry, healthy rice (a must!), crispy crepe, and yum woon sen salad (delicious!). There are interesting seafood options as well. Try any of your old favorites or something new. Portions are generous and ingredients are fresh. There are lots of interesting, refreshing deserts.Special Features:
- Brilliant, as ever!Ann2014Dined on 1/17/2014Brought in friends for first visit. One requires glutein-free and soy-free food. She was happily accommodated, and reported having a lovely meal. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great.PaulBDined on 12/24/2013I have been to Tub Tim Thai many times and can't say anything bad about it. Try the Thai crispy crepe and the sizzling salmon curry! It is a neighborhood gem for a long time and will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the punch I used to expereinceSweetWillieDined on 12/14/2013Our family has been to Tub Tim Thai quite a number of times. Almost every dish we've tried has hit the mark for our tastes. This last time every dish was off, just not the pop/punch that we used to experience. We will return, hoping that it was just an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality ingredients andgoogDined on 10/19/2013Top quality ingredients and preparation go into the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!EatThai2Dined on 10/19/2013Their food is not drenched in sauce, like other restaurants. The staff are friendly. They ask you how hot you want your food. My family has been going there for awhile and love the paad Thai. Can't wait to go back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!EatThai2Dined on 10/7/2013The excellent food here, reminds me of my recent trip to Thailand. Not overloaded with hot sauce, servers ask you how hot. Go with number 2. Lots of traditional food, different curries, and Thai beer. I will come back again and again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tub Tim ThaiNicknameDined on 10/4/2013Very good Thai. Nothing you'll rave about for days but a stand up place w/decent portions, reasonable prices & quite tasty. Sea scallops were excellent. You'll leave glad you went but I'd not drive out of my way for it.Special Features:
- You've come to the right place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2013With its modest storefront, along a busy suburban-Chicago village street, you might not think much of Tub Tim Thai. But when you enter, and look around, noticing the neatly set, cloth covered tables, you feel you're in for a Thai treat. Picking up the menu, you know this will be so! And looking over the variety of traditional Thai offerings, your mouth begins to water as you make your selection. And as you enjoy your meal, you will be most pleased that you came to the right place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok.AndrewVIPDined on 8/23/2013The food is on the sweet side. I have had many Thai dishes even in Thailand and they were not as the dishes we had in Tim Tim Thai. I prefer my savory dishes to be salty not sweet.Special Features:
- TubTimThai-riffic !TolerBear1VIPDined on 7/22/2013Great authentic food, big menu, great service (pleasant, accommodating, & quick), cool ambience. Cost-friendly too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One server during lunch. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/3/2013One server during lunch. Very slow. Others seemed to be available but no one helped the server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Suburban FavoritePhoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2013Generally, we think that north suburban restaurants are average at best. Tub Tim Thai, however, is one of the exceptions. We love this place. It is such a little gem! The decor is not fancy. The food is well presented and always delicious. Portions are decent and are always full of fresh herbs and garnished with fresh vegetables. We started by splitting a shrimp salad with a vinaigrette. For dinner, we had the scallops...One of their smaller entrees. Also had the chicken Penang curry and the chicken basil fried rice. Both were loaded with chicken. The curry was nicely spiced with a little heat and nicely complemented the scallops. The staff is very friendly and kind. The food is reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableLoriDined on 5/11/2013My son took me out for a Mother's Day dinner and we had a wonderful evening. This was my third time at Tub Tim Thai, and as always, I really enjoyed their signature appetizer. My green curry entree was also excellent and my son's beef with peanut sauce was good as well. The service was helpful and expedient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my lunch and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Enjoyed my lunch and the service was great. Really enjoyed that it is a quiet restaurant for lunch, something not easily found these days. Read the review in Chicago magazine and did not agree with the comment about the decor. It's a neighborhood restaurant and quite nicely decorated -- love the peach walls. The only disappointment was the Pad Thai. Chicago magazine raved about it, but it was not what I expected. Otherwise would recommend it to anyone in the area. Will go there again.Special Features:
- Great for big groups!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Great place. We had a group of 13 people for dinner, and the people there were very accommodating and helpful. Food come pretty quick too, and was delicious. I saw families and couples at other tables, so it's a pretty good spot for lots of types of people.Special Features:
- What a great Thai restaurantIdoLVIPDined on 2/14/2013Very good Thia food! Fresh ingredients. Tasteful and special.Special Features:
- Fresher, a little more upscaleBigTerVIPDined on 1/19/2013Fresher, a little more upscale than most Thai food in this area. We'll definitely be back!
- It was okay. Not bad forRomaDined on 1/12/2013It was okay. Not bad for a little place like this, but wasn't impressed as I thought I would be. I've had better Thai food at other places to be honest, but for Skokie, it wasn't bad. Service was very good, portions were decent for the money paid. Food taste was alright, but nothing to get thrilled about..Special Features:
- Excellent and moderately pricedGerryVIPDined on 11/27/2012Excellent and moderately priced Thai food. A place that actually gives you very spicy food if you ask for it. Actually, they ask you to rate how spicy you want it on a five point scale.
- Though a neighborhood restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012Though a neighborhood restaurant, the quality, taste, and appearance of the food was comparable to, if not better than, other Thai restaurants in fancy locations with higher prices. The ambiance may have been on the plain side, but the cooking was great!Special Features:
- I love Thai food and thisLisaVIPDined on 8/31/2012I love Thai food and this is the most mediocre Thai food I have ever eaten. My spring rolls were served in thick, tasteless tortilla-like wrap; the plum sauce was an unappetizing gray color and the beansprouts were also gray, probably old. My main dish of tofu and vegetables was blah. I won't be back.
- Busy Night!LovelyLunchVIPDined on 6/20/2012We were there on a promotional night (20% off your bill) so they were super busy, and seemingly not prepared for the crowd. Every table was taken and people kept coming. Usually they're not this busy, so I forgave the slower, less than attentive service. The food was great as usual.Special Features:
- This is probably the bestInvernessFoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2012This is probably the best Thai food I have ever had. The restaurant is listed in the Michelin guide, enough said. Don't miss out on this restaurant.Special Features:
- The food seemed very authenticallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012The food seemed very authentically Thai and that was quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- Our go to ThaiLovelyLunchVIPDined on 5/11/2012Tub Tim Thai has become a regular spot for my daughter and me when we want Asian, and specifically Thai. It is minutes from our home, with great prices and quality, well prepared dishes. The sizzling salmon is my favorite entree. I've had it many times and it's always equally delicious. Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- A real find for Thai Food! Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Tub Tim Thai is a find for us! Some friends too us there, and we were happy to introduce our cousins to it, so we are repeaters. Some of the best Thai food around, the server made modifications to some of the dishes with a smile, service was fast the everything was delicious. Recommended.Special Features:
- Good Thai food. Service spotty-weDrjayVIPDined on 3/17/2012Good Thai food. Service spotty-we all got our meals at different times. We've eaten there before and this was the first time this happened, so would give them a second chance.
- New restaurant (to us)LovelyLunchVIPDined on 3/6/2012This place has been here 5 years, but for some reason I didn't know about it. I was pleased to see that the Hungry Hound had been there, and we ended up trying two of his recommendations, which were great! Will definitely be back...soon.Special Features:
- New Yummy Rice!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Tub Tim Thai is the perfect dining location to take a poetry judge out to dinner after a local competition. The food is always fresh and delectable, and includes many healthy options. The new "healthy rice" is worth the extra $2 per serving. It's a tangy blend of red and brown rices, cooked to a just right chewiness. Perfect.Special Features:
- They handled my reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012They handled my reservation perfectly as requested. The food was great and the service was polite and prompt.Special Features:
- What a delightful find, inBird1218VIPDined on 1/7/2012What a delightful find, in Skokie! Delicious dishes, beautifully presented!Special Features: