Tsuru Japanese Cuisine
413 King George Rd
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Tsuru Japanese Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tsurujapanese.com/
- Phone: (908) 580-0666
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday 11:00am- 10:00pm
Friday 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday 12:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Takeout
- Catering: Please call us for your Party Platter needs - we will prepare and you pick up.
- Private Party Facilities: Our upstairs Tatami Room is truly a unique experience with sunken seating.
A word from Tsuru Japanese Cuisine
Tsuru Japanese offers the freshest in Sushi and Japanese Cuisine served with a smile and japanese hospitality. Come bring your family, or book your event with us, and experience our upstairs Tatami Room where you can feel the true spirit of Japan and even take off your shoes. We offer BYOB and are conviently located in the Dewy Meadow Village Center .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tsuru Japanese Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Very Good and Very FreshwineanddineVIPDined on 8/4/2014That about sums up my lunch experience. The Miso soup and garden salad were fairly plain (but good), but the assortment and the presentation of sushi and sashimi were both very good.Special Features:
- Always Great ExperienceKozaamDined on 8/1/2014Best sushi around by far. Me and friend split "the Boat", assortment of sushi was outstanding. Great staff too.Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Tsuru Japanese Cuisine reviews archive.
- Consistently GoodChefGGDined on 6/25/2014I've been here many times and have never been disappointed. Possibly best sushi in NJ and the Best Shumai anywhere ! Try the red bean ice cream for dessert.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedLove2DineOutDined on 5/10/2014Did not get to see upstairs room due to private party, but did get to watch the amazing preparation and see the beautiful presentation of the party's sushi. Enjoyed our delicious dinner downstairs. BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great presentationRichVIPDined on 5/9/2014Always a great place for some sushi! When you arrive you are greeted with a friendly smile as well as your server. We had the Sushi/Sashimi for two and the presentation was awesome. It can be a bit noisy so I would not consider this a romantic dinner out but if you want GREAT Sushi you have the right spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014quality sushi place with decent price tag. Presentation is good. Service attentive. I am a regular patron.Special Features:
- nice surpriseabsolute0Dined on 2/14/2014sushi was excellent except for the blue fin toro which was marginal. apps were nice, the gyoza had a nice texture to it. all and all i'll go again if you live in the area it's worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good sushiyummynessVIPDined on 2/1/2014Don't have much to say, but we had to make a movie and the service was very prompt and the assortment of sushi rolls was very extensive. Everything was very good.Special Features:
- DisappointedRichVIPDined on 1/10/2014We have been going to Tsuru for some time now and we are always pleased with the service and the outstanding presentation of the food. On our last visit we were greeted immediately and seated. It took some time for a server to come to our table and take our order. We brought our own Saki and we asked 3 times for a refill and no one returned. Also our tea was not filled in a timely manner. The food and presentation was great but this go around the service was not up to the standards that we have been accustomed to in the past. I guess it's time to find another local place for a while and try at some other point in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RichVIPDined on 12/21/2013Service and the presentation was wonderful. The sushi / sashimi for two is a great dish for that nice evening with your special person. The service is also just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!RichVIPDined on 11/23/2013We have been going to Tsuru for a number of years now but as of recent we have noticed as significant change in the presentation of the food. It is absolutely outstanding! We have been bringing our friends here and they are always very impressed with the service and the presentations. The wait staff is always very friendly and makes for an enjoyable night out. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Always greatRichVIPDined on 11/8/2013You can't go wrong going for sushi here. The service is right on point and the presentation was picture perfect. We had the sushi for two which was awesome! It you have that craving for Sushi make this your first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a pleasant setting!Run2eatVIPDined on 5/18/2013Our group of 2 couples chose Tsuru as a midpoint location between our households that also offered BYOB services. We were extremely pleased with the results. The location offers easy access from Route 78. A positive sign was that all of the employees were Asian. especially the sushi chefs - that's re-assuring! We were seated promptly - the service through the dinner was attentive without being intrusive. After edamame and gyoza appetizers, I had the crispy duck dinner, my wife the sushi and sashimi, and our friends had the sushi deluxe and the steamed flounder. All came with soup, salad and rice and were very reasonably priced. The others enjoyed their meals equally as much - we will be repeat customers in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all respects.weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2013Excellent in all respects.we have tried several others in the area. This one is by far the best.Special Features:
- Tasty food, excellent selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/16/2013Tasty food, excellent selection with nice presentationSpecial Features:
- Great Sushi - why go to Japan.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2013We have eaten Sushi in Japan and the US, but the best Sushi we have had has been at Tsuru. The new chef is fabulous and all the dishes look like a work of art. The hostess always makes you feel at home, and the waiters are attentive and full of personality. The fish is always fresh, and many of the dishes are inventive and unique to Tsuru.Special Features:
- Excelleng. Sushi and presentaionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2013Excelleng. Sushi and presentaions always many stars