Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan
10722 South Riverfront Parkway
South Jordan, UT 84095Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tsunamiutah.com/
- Phone: 8017481178x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Saturday: 11:30am-3pm:
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 3:00pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a beautiful private party room. We have AV hook-ups and the capacity for up to 25 people. Book your party today!
- Private Party Contact: Kimber Llewellyn 8017481178x
A word from Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan
Tsunami - Riverpark is a "one of a kind" restaurant. We continue the Tsunami tradition, but also offer a unique atmosphere which includes a sushi lounge, private party room, patio, sake bar (full service), large party capacity (6-25), and beautiful interior design. We have a passion for great, fresh food and exceptional service. Please come visit us today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan - Best Restaurants in South Jordan ›
Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (36)great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (21)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Consistently stellarksuwildcats97Dined on 8/23/2014We have dined at Tsunami for several years and each time the food is great, service is meeting every need and the we leave feeling satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional As Usual!!RRENTLERDined on 8/22/2014The measure of a great product depends greatly on those delivering the product. We've come to know Brandon, Damon, and the Staff very well over the last 6 months and can say that had it not been for their quality of work and passion about what they do, I wouldn't be writing this review! Tsunami SoJo is by far our favorite place to go and the people and the product make that so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent sushi!dan2Dined on 8/22/2014I was very pleased with the quality of the food. It's sushi so it is a little costly but it is comparable to other sushi places. We really enjoyed the decor as well.Special Features:
- Excellen as AlwaysRRENTLERDined on 8/9/2014Great service, sushi, selection and better yet prices!! Brandon is the man. Let him decide for you, you won't be dissapointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regularLunchDateVIPDined on 8/4/2014I'm a regular at the SJ Tsumani location and am never disappointed. The selection of veggie rolls impresses anyone I bring from out of town and I have friends who never eat sushi who love eating here. Try the combo lunch box. You will be back!Special Features:
- Thanks for Being Kid FriendlyStandUp8Dined on 8/2/2014Many thanks! My wife we're aware that we made a reservation at a peak time, but you're team successfully accommodated us.Special Features:
- Better than costal spendy joints!LoveMyFoodDined on 8/1/2014Great food and service. In my profession, we have people taking us to lunch regularly, and who are eating out all the time, and more than one has told me that the food here is every bit as great as the very spendy sushi restaurants in the costal areas they visit... Plus they're paying a third the price. It's still about 50% more than what we pay at one of those chains, but it really is a higher dinning experience without the higher dining cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatImaFoodieDined on 7/28/2014We love Tsunami. It never disappoints! Great, fresh sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LunchDateVIPDined on 7/21/2014Tsunami is consistently my favorite Japanese spot in the SLC area.Special Features:
- Slow and poor servicePocketVIPDined on 7/20/2014Part of our order was forgotten. When they finally brought out what was supposed to be rest of our order, they were still missing some of the food we ordered. Then the waitress disappeared, without bringing the rest of our order. After waiting for 20 minutes with empty plates and empty glasses, I asked the hostess to find our waitress. 5 minutes later, the waitress showed up with the rest of our order. I asked for the check and got out of there. The mediocre food is not worth the indifferent service.
- Really good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The Chicken Katsu was wonderful. The Vegas Roll was delicious. We think this is a really good restaurant!Special Features:
- Food is AmazingsubbiepopsDined on 7/16/2014If you are into Japanese Seafood (sushi rolls, sashimi, tempura), then this is THE place for you! Great variety, excellent taste, great presentation and a really nice finish. The service was very good, however got a little slow as the place got busy. I would recommend getting there early-ish dinner as it does fill up and get busy quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food everytimedinealotDined on 7/12/2014One of my favorite restaurants. You can always count on excellent quality. I've never been disappointed--other than an occasional long wait. Open table made things a lot easier. YeaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, outstanding serviceLoveTsunamiDined on 7/9/2014Menu options were diverse enough even for kids who were in our party to find something they could enjoy. Food quality was great for everything ordered from appetizers to deserts. Service was outstanding, felt like dedicated, individual attention from the server.Special Features:
- Great place`OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/9/2014Love this place it was great. Get the Negima with asparagus you won't regret it.Special Features:
- Forgot our ordercbeeVIPDined on 7/2/2014I took a business group of 9 people. They had a great large table but when our susushi order came they had forgotten to bring the cooked ribs order for the one member of our party that didn't eat raw fish. And they never showed up with it or apologized for not bringing it. So one person basically never ate. We cancelled the ribs and left. And they brought me the bill and never spoke if the screw up. Not very professional.
- Great Time!GlennDined on 6/20/2014I took my son for his 10th Birthday. We sat at the sushi bar and had a FANTASTIC meal and experience. Staff was friendly and engaging...SUPER restaurant.Special Features:
- YumImaFoodieDined on 6/14/2014We love Tsunami! It never disappoints. They have a great menu and the service it wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our number one restaurantCrwhiteDined on 6/11/2014Tsunami is a great restaurant. They take care of us with or with out our two young children. The restaurant has a pretty relaxed, happy, and professional atmosphere. Besides those key points, the food is amazing. Our favorite is getting the Bento Box for lunch with the awesome edamame for an appetizer. I usually get the nice tender steak and chicken combo. My wife usually gets the sushi and chicken combo. Those with the great tempura vegetables and sauces make for our number one restaurant. On top of that, it really isn't that expensive. We love it, give it a shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as usualAntzDined on 6/6/2014This was my second time in Tsunami and as usual, their Sushi menu was great. I tried a few different things and was impressed. That being said, I was not really happy with the wait. I reserved the table through OpenTable for 8:45PM and had to wait until about 9:15PM before I got a table. The restaurant must coordinate with OpenTable if specific reservation times are unavailable. It defeats the purpose of reservation.Special Features:
- Lovely place with great vegan sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014I love coming to this place for special occasions because the vegan sushi rolls are fantastic and the servers are always fun. I even had a chance to meet the manager in person this time, and she was delightful and SO helpful. My only gripe: I wish you had a true vegan wine to offer in a few different flavors. I recommended Kung Fu Girl's riesling and I'd be more inclined to come here on a regular basis if you carried a good vegan wine. Organic would be even better, but that's a lot to ask for. With sensitivity to animal treatment, herbicides, and GMO's in today's society, I hope to one day see the restaurants offer at least one type of wine to accommodate lifestyle changes like mine. It could also be a good marketing angle for you. :)Special Features:
- My favorite place for sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014I am very picky about what I put into my mouth. I love that I can pick and choose what goes into my sushi at Tsunami. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrequentIlovefoodDined on 5/22/2014We frequent Tsunami in South Jordan and have never had a bad experience. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on UtahOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My Husband and I just love this place. Best sushi in Utah. Please don't ever change!Special Features:
- Favorite Sushi placeKristag99Dined on 5/12/2014This is our favorite sushi restaurant. The sushi bar is my favorite. We always have great service and the food is superb.Special Features:
- My Teenagers love Sushi!Momwith4hungryteensDined on 5/11/2014Not so much a sushi fan....however, I found the teriyaki jalapeno burger and it is awesome. So, everyone is happy all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodSushiAlDined on 5/10/2014It's nice to have a quality, innovative sushi bar here in south Jordan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi AroundhikerandbikerDined on 5/10/2014I'm typically not a sushi lover, but Tsunami's food is great. Whether you're eating the edamame, the pot stickers, or the Executive Suite (one of the best things on the menu), you won't be disappointed. The service is always very good, whether you're there with two or 15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiJennililyVIPDined on 5/5/2014Great sushi, reasonably priced. Server was nice, but was a little slow to respond to requests.Special Features:
- The following 213 reviews are from the Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan reviews archive.
- New Favorite Sushi PlacekariDined on 5/3/2014I have been to Tsunami 4 times now, and have had a great experience every time!! They have something for everyone. They have non-sushi options as well as a decent selection of vegetable rolls, which my vegan friend absolutely loves. They have been busy every time that I've been there, and in my opinion, a busy restaurant means a good restaurant. We will be back often.Special Features:
- JPNMTDined on 4/29/2014Outstanding experience, as usual!!!! Simply: Thank you to be here.Special Features:
- Amazing!shlickDined on 4/26/2014Absolutely amazing food and excellent service! Waiter was outstanding, the whole menu is great, the atmosphere is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See Sue Sushi Sue SeegronlyDined on 4/25/2014Great sushi joint with good service and a nice atmosphere. The sushi tasted good and seemed fresh but could have been assembled better. Several pieces fell apart when they were picked up. I especially enjoyed the KP roll. I believe that its the spiciest roll they offer. It was perfectly spicy with Thai chilis. I had to drink water with it but it was not at all overwhelming. I recommend making reservations if you plan on showing up for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchDMacDined on 4/16/2014I needed a place to take a colleague to lunch and this place was perfect. THANK YOU!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost fit for foodiesPavoDined on 4/9/2014The food was good the ambiance is ok but this particular time the service was outstanding. The server's name was Lincoln and his service was presidential.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi delight!thought4foodDined on 4/5/2014Had a party of 10 on a Saturday night. Table was ready when we got there, service was great and the food was fantastic. Sushi chefs had no trouble keeping up with our group.Special Features:
- Delicious but Seating is slowCassiebDined on 4/4/2014Again Tsunami doesn't disappoint in the quality and taste. Unfortunately we arrived on time and had our opentable reservation but waited 20 (maybe 25) minutes to be seated. That's just poor service. Obviously a reservation isn't the advantage you would hope it to be. But then again I don't know how long walk ins waited. The wait staff was attentive and all other service and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDennisVIPDined on 4/4/2014Tsunami is always great. The core staff is incredible and very service oriented. If you like creative rolls with a some great heat, don't miss the KP Roll with Thai Chili's or go mainstream with the incredible Jenny.....they keep me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDinDinDined on 4/4/2014I am not an experienced sushi eater. However, my wife and I make an effort to find restaurants that serve quality and well-prepared food. We feel the food here is of high quality and it reasonably priced. The service is usually pretty good, and we always have a good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fav...SushiLoverVIPDined on 4/3/2014Tsunami is my favorite sushi restaurant. I have never experienced 'fishy' sushi here. Every roll is always fresh and fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.