Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan
10722 South Riverfront Parkway
South Jordan, UT 84095Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tsunamiutah.com/
- Phone: 8017481178x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Saturday: 11:30am-3pm:
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 3:00pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a beautiful private party room. We have AV hook-ups and the capacity for up to 25 people. Book your party today!
- Private Party Contact: Kimber Llewellyn 8017481178x
A word from Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan
Tsunami - Riverpark is a "one of a kind" restaurant. We continue the Tsunami tradition, but also offer a unique atmosphere which includes a sushi lounge, private party room, patio, sake bar (full service), large party capacity (6-25), and beautiful interior design. We have a passion for great, fresh food and exceptional service. Please come visit us today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan - Best Restaurants in South Jordan ›
Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (32)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (23)romantic (19)kid-friendly (19)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The steak was awesome. Anything tempura taste more like oil then batter. Needed more batter veggies especially they tasted like fry oil. Rice was good. Shrimp same issue to much oil taste. Teriyaki sauce wad delicious. Miso soup needs to be slightly larger.
- Exceptional Restaurant for BusinessRyBen3Dined on 9/29/2014If you register early, you can request to seat in a private area with minimal walking distances. It was extremely helpful that they had these particular locations in the restaurant. It allowed us to eat some great food and have an effective business discussion. Our waitress was exceptional. She was knowledgeable about the sushi and she didn't even feel like she was there. Some waitresses are so distracting, she did a great job.Special Features:
- Love this place!993adamDined on 9/26/2014Went there for our anniversary. Sat right on time , server was great, good was superb!!!! We always leave there happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love TsunamiChanel337Dined on 9/23/2014Been here many times and love it. We keep inviting more and more of our friends and business partners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try the Ribs!EmilyWDined on 9/20/2014Tsunami never gets old…we love it! Our favorite restaurant. MUST TRY THE RIBS!Special Features:
- Food and staff are excellent!Vole182Dined on 9/19/2014Fantastic sushi and great service. The stack of ribs are amazing! ... I said that correctly. Ribs from a sushi place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as UsualTHoffyVIPDined on 9/10/2014We dine here fairly regularly since coming to this location for the first time about a year and a half ago. They do a very nice job and the wait staff is always friendly. When we use open table to make a reservation we have been seated within minutes of our arrival even when we make a reservation as soon as 15 minutes before arrival. The food has always been solid across the menu and their specialty appetizers are top notch. Will continue to come here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodus2enjoiiDined on 9/5/2014service was welcoming and it was all around fun...a place that has enough to look at and enjoii while waiting for foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently stellarksuwildcats97Dined on 8/23/2014We have dined at Tsunami for several years and each time the food is great, service is meeting every need and the we leave feeling satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional As Usual!!RRENTLERVIPDined on 8/22/2014The measure of a great product depends greatly on those delivering the product. We've come to know Brandon, Damon, and the Staff very well over the last 6 months and can say that had it not been for their quality of work and passion about what they do, I wouldn't be writing this review! Tsunami SoJo is by far our favorite place to go and the people and the product make that so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent sushi!dan2Dined on 8/22/2014I was very pleased with the quality of the food. It's sushi so it is a little costly but it is comparable to other sushi places. We really enjoyed the decor as well.Special Features:
- Excellen as AlwaysRRENTLERVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great service, sushi, selection and better yet prices!! Brandon is the man. Let him decide for you, you won't be dissapointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regularLunchDateVIPDined on 8/4/2014I'm a regular at the SJ Tsumani location and am never disappointed. The selection of veggie rolls impresses anyone I bring from out of town and I have friends who never eat sushi who love eating here. Try the combo lunch box. You will be back!Special Features:
- Thanks for Being Kid FriendlyStandUp8Dined on 8/2/2014Many thanks! My wife we're aware that we made a reservation at a peak time, but you're team successfully accommodated us.Special Features:
- Better than costal spendy joints!LoveMyFoodDined on 8/1/2014Great food and service. In my profession, we have people taking us to lunch regularly, and who are eating out all the time, and more than one has told me that the food here is every bit as great as the very spendy sushi restaurants in the costal areas they visit... Plus they're paying a third the price. It's still about 50% more than what we pay at one of those chains, but it really is a higher dinning experience without the higher dining cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatImaFoodieDined on 7/28/2014We love Tsunami. It never disappoints! Great, fresh sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LunchDateVIPDined on 7/21/2014Tsunami is consistently my favorite Japanese spot in the SLC area.Special Features:
- Slow and poor servicePocketVIPDined on 7/20/2014Part of our order was forgotten. When they finally brought out what was supposed to be rest of our order, they were still missing some of the food we ordered. Then the waitress disappeared, without bringing the rest of our order. After waiting for 20 minutes with empty plates and empty glasses, I asked the hostess to find our waitress. 5 minutes later, the waitress showed up with the rest of our order. I asked for the check and got out of there. The mediocre food is not worth the indifferent service.
- Really good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The Chicken Katsu was wonderful. The Vegas Roll was delicious. We think this is a really good restaurant!Special Features:
- Food is AmazingsubbiepopsDined on 7/16/2014If you are into Japanese Seafood (sushi rolls, sashimi, tempura), then this is THE place for you! Great variety, excellent taste, great presentation and a really nice finish. The service was very good, however got a little slow as the place got busy. I would recommend getting there early-ish dinner as it does fill up and get busy quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food everytimedinealotDined on 7/12/2014One of my favorite restaurants. You can always count on excellent quality. I've never been disappointed--other than an occasional long wait. Open table made things a lot easier. YeaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, outstanding serviceLoveTsunamiDined on 7/9/2014Menu options were diverse enough even for kids who were in our party to find something they could enjoy. Food quality was great for everything ordered from appetizers to deserts. Service was outstanding, felt like dedicated, individual attention from the server.Special Features:
- Great place`OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/9/2014Love this place it was great. Get the Negima with asparagus you won't regret it.Special Features:
- Forgot our ordercbeeVIPDined on 7/2/2014I took a business group of 9 people. They had a great large table but when our susushi order came they had forgotten to bring the cooked ribs order for the one member of our party that didn't eat raw fish. And they never showed up with it or apologized for not bringing it. So one person basically never ate. We cancelled the ribs and left. And they brought me the bill and never spoke if the screw up. Not very professional.
- The following 226 reviews are from the Tsunami Restaurant - South Jordan reviews archive.
- Great Time!GlennDined on 6/20/2014I took my son for his 10th Birthday. We sat at the sushi bar and had a FANTASTIC meal and experience. Staff was friendly and engaging...SUPER restaurant.Special Features:
- YumImaFoodieDined on 6/14/2014We love Tsunami! It never disappoints. They have a great menu and the service it wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our number one restaurantCrwhiteDined on 6/11/2014Tsunami is a great restaurant. They take care of us with or with out our two young children. The restaurant has a pretty relaxed, happy, and professional atmosphere. Besides those key points, the food is amazing. Our favorite is getting the Bento Box for lunch with the awesome edamame for an appetizer. I usually get the nice tender steak and chicken combo. My wife usually gets the sushi and chicken combo. Those with the great tempura vegetables and sauces make for our number one restaurant. On top of that, it really isn't that expensive. We love it, give it a shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as usualAntzDined on 6/6/2014This was my second time in Tsunami and as usual, their Sushi menu was great. I tried a few different things and was impressed. That being said, I was not really happy with the wait. I reserved the table through OpenTable for 8:45PM and had to wait until about 9:15PM before I got a table. The restaurant must coordinate with OpenTable if specific reservation times are unavailable. It defeats the purpose of reservation.Special Features:
- Lovely place with great vegan sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014I love coming to this place for special occasions because the vegan sushi rolls are fantastic and the servers are always fun. I even had a chance to meet the manager in person this time, and she was delightful and SO helpful. My only gripe: I wish you had a true vegan wine to offer in a few different flavors. I recommended Kung Fu Girl's riesling and I'd be more inclined to come here on a regular basis if you carried a good vegan wine. Organic would be even better, but that's a lot to ask for. With sensitivity to animal treatment, herbicides, and GMO's in today's society, I hope to one day see the restaurants offer at least one type of wine to accommodate lifestyle changes like mine. It could also be a good marketing angle for you. :)Special Features:
- My favorite place for sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014I am very picky about what I put into my mouth. I love that I can pick and choose what goes into my sushi at Tsunami. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrequentIlovefoodDined on 5/22/2014We frequent Tsunami in South Jordan and have never had a bad experience. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on UtahOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My Husband and I just love this place. Best sushi in Utah. Please don't ever change!Special Features:
- Favorite Sushi placeKristag99Dined on 5/12/2014This is our favorite sushi restaurant. The sushi bar is my favorite. We always have great service and the food is superb.Special Features:
- My Teenagers love Sushi!Momwith4hungryteensDined on 5/11/2014Not so much a sushi fan....however, I found the teriyaki jalapeno burger and it is awesome. So, everyone is happy all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodSushiAlDined on 5/10/2014It's nice to have a quality, innovative sushi bar here in south Jordan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi AroundhikerandbikerDined on 5/10/2014I'm typically not a sushi lover, but Tsunami's food is great. Whether you're eating the edamame, the pot stickers, or the Executive Suite (one of the best things on the menu), you won't be disappointed. The service is always very good, whether you're there with two or 15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiJennililyVIPDined on 5/5/2014Great sushi, reasonably priced. Server was nice, but was a little slow to respond to requests.Special Features:
- New Favorite Sushi PlacekariDined on 5/3/2014I have been to Tsunami 4 times now, and have had a great experience every time!! They have something for everyone. They have non-sushi options as well as a decent selection of vegetable rolls, which my vegan friend absolutely loves. They have been busy every time that I've been there, and in my opinion, a busy restaurant means a good restaurant. We will be back often.Special Features:
- JPNMTVIPDined on 4/29/2014Outstanding experience, as usual!!!! Simply: Thank you to be here.Special Features:
- Amazing!shlickDined on 4/26/2014Absolutely amazing food and excellent service! Waiter was outstanding, the whole menu is great, the atmosphere is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.