Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge
100 Lafayette St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70801Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.servingsushi.com/
- Phone: 2253465100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Blake Crawford
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us email@example.com
- Special Events: We will be serving a pre-fixe menu for New Years Eve. 5 courses @ $65 per person.
A word from Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge
Sister restaurant to Tsunami Lafayette, we offer a diverse menu which focuses on obtaining the freshest seafood and all around ingredients available. Our menu has remained water cooler conversation with its Japanese and Eastern fare, striving to add innovative new dishes as we travel the globe sampling ideas and bringing them back to our beloved customers. Food offerings include standard sushi rolls, nigiri and sashimi. In addition to our fresh Japanese tempura and teriyaki dishes, TSUNAMI also offers delicious Asian inspired specials on Friday and Saturday evenings, ranging from duck to wahoo to ribeye steak prepared by our award winning chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (89)special occasion (75)romantic (58)great for outdoor dining (54)hot spot (50)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (34)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (21)late-night find (20)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great PlacefoodadventurerDined on 8/23/2014It has an amazing atmosphere with the small bar area and the dinning room around the corner. You just feel apart of something special when you're there with the incredible view of the river and the food, drinks and service add to the feel of it all. The only thing I might have a down point on is the hostess. There was a very rude male hostess that was soon forgotten though.Special Features:
- Great scenery!ViviDined on 8/22/2014It's one of my favorite spots! It was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodGabi2daniDined on 8/9/2014It was my third time dining At Tsunami and the food it's always amazing. The quality of the fish (always super fresh), the way they make everything... Just so delicious. Service has always been great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great food and serviceViviDined on 8/8/2014Its my favorite spot in downtown we like to go there for special occasion. We like to seat out side if isn't to hot. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceSgb4116Dined on 8/6/2014While we were dining, the lights flickered off, no big deal, but when they came back on the air did not and the staff didn't notice it until about an hour and a half later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing the traditional spicy tuna!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Great service and great sushi. My only complaint is that they do not have a traditional spicy tuna roll! The dynamite roll is marinated white fish and tuna, but it is just spicy and bland. It had no flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- merrycatDined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed our table near the window with a great view of the Mississippi River and the Baton Rouge port. We appreciated the non-sushi items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River Viewgal522Dined on 7/29/2014Food was great and our waitress was great. Hostesses could dress with more classSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerzacharycookiemanDined on 7/26/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday with our best friends at Tsunami in Baton Rouge, LA. This is my wife's favorite sushi restaurant. The service is always good and the food is great! Tsunami also has one of the best steaks in Baton Rouge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home girlOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014As a "southern" girl who moved to NYC as fast as it takes to make grits, it is delightful to find that gem of a restaurant in your home town that let's one come home without sacrificing the palate! Great food, relaxed atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great2cutebballDined on 7/22/2014Great food, great vibe, great people. Will be returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tsunami never dissapointsDanaDined on 7/17/2014Always a great meal! Of course the view is always beautiful!Special Features:
- jrjrVIPDined on 7/15/20141st time there...every aspect was outstanding!!! Pleasantly pleased and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grate sushiirtishDined on 7/12/2014Grate sushi and wonderful service. The rooftop view is magnificent.Special Features:
- UnsatisfiedEatmorsushiDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I decided to spend our 6 month anniversary with Tsunami. We love sushi and Tsunami is one of our favorite places. Our server was pleasant and well informed. Our food was beautifully prepared and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserved table?RichardDined on 7/10/2014It is unacceptable to have a reservation at a restaurant of this caliber and have to wait 15 minutes for the table because they did not save a table by the window as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food was outstanding. Service was just as fantastic! Very attentive but not overly!! We saw the manager on the way out and he checked in with us. Very polite. I brag on this restaurant all the time and it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi with a view.ScrumdittilyumptuousDined on 7/5/2014If you get there enough to see the sunset, you're in for a treat. It's absolutely gorgeous. Try to take your eyes off the tasty rolls, gyoza-pan fried dumplings (my mouth is watering), mochi, etc. just for a moment, look out the window and for a moment feel that all is right with the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed the sushi and the view of the Mississippi tremendously! We will definitely be back to dine at Tsunami again!
- Consistently greatwatsondinerDined on 7/3/2014Tsunami is always a great experience for us. Never disappointed with the food or service, great view of the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationTigerFan43Dined on 6/28/2014Great location for a birthday dinner for my son. We had a great view of the river and the food was terrific.Special Features:
- Restaurant with a ViewAnnKVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great food even if you don't care for sushi. Our waiter was helpful in helping us select food that we enjoyed. The portions are large. I would order fewer items next time. All in all we had a delightful evening and will return. The view is spectacular seeing the Mississippi River roll by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi with A Viewhittheroad10Dined on 6/20/2014Upscale atmosphere with views of the Mississippi River and Old State Capitol. Besides sushi, the Chilean Sea bass was exceptional and enough to split.Special Features:
- A lovely evening . . .mambeauxDined on 6/20/2014Tsunami is far and away has the best dining ambiance in Baton Rouge. The panoramic view of the river and the patio are inspirational. It is certainly an extraordinary environment for a romantic dinner. There are better sushi restaurants in town but they do not compare with Tsunami due to it's visual impact; however, the food was particularly good this time. Much better than it has been in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing!CoolBreesDined on 6/17/2014We were still sitting at the table (rooftop) and my girlfriend called it the "best date ever"! Enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant ever !!!mexicanladyDined on 6/17/2014It's my favorite place :) The food was absolutely wonderful, from preparation to presentation, very pleasing. The food was fresh, properly prepared and a great value for the price. We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveExpensive1Dined on 6/14/2014We eat here all the time and it always blows me away how expensive it compared to sushi inthe rest of Baton Rouge and most everywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationFoodieDined on 6/13/2014The staff at Tsunami was awesome. I requested an outside table, got one. The chef sent out an appetizer for my son's birthday. The view was amazing, as was the food. The waitress was very attentive. At the end of the meal, they sent out a dessert for my son's birthday. I was amazed. I'll be back and will highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in the Rouge!!Lsutiger59Dined on 6/12/2014I love everything about this place! The Bartenders are the best, I can sit at the bar all night and feel like I'm home. The Salmon on top of the Greens made my weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014Food and drinks were great, a good time was had by all! Server was attentive and knowledgeable and friendly. Had some trouble with our table not being ready but the manager on duty at the time was very accommodating and handled the problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to goSkeyDined on 5/30/2014I have been to tsunami many time and I have never been disappointed with any aspect of this restaurant!!'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingStefDined on 5/29/2014Everything was perfect. Sushi rolls were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereCwmorganDined on 5/17/2014Absolutely love Tsunami for special occasion dining. The view is breathtaking! The food and wait staff are excellent! We were waited on immediately and our needs were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableSkylerandAmieDined on 5/15/2014As a first time patron, I was very impressed with the food, view, ambience and service. Our waiter was kind enough to take a picture for us to remember the occasion.Special Features:
- Great foodNubbleDined on 5/15/2014Food is delicious. Great for groups to share good food. Beautiful view of the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014By far the best/nicest restaurant I've ever been too, looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious JokeNolaFoodieDined on 5/9/2014The quality of the food is low. The prices are high. Most of the sushi is cooked, comes with cream cheese, and is covered in heavy sauces. The fried calamari appetizer tasted like old oil. Miso soup was extremely salty. The hot tea is promoted as exotic gourmet tea and costs $4-$6, but it is Mighty Leaf. The place was so noisy and the other customers were so uncouth that we could barely converse at our table. In the end we spent quite a lot of money to be unsatisfied and put out by the dive bar environment and unaccountably snobby staff. Never going back. Will recommend that others do not try it.Special Features:
- The following 432 reviews are from the Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge reviews archive.
- ExcellenceBmoug15Dined on 5/1/2014Once again Tsunamis proved itself to be an outstanding restaurant for a romantic evening. The service was quick and friendly and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceJoelDudeDined on 4/25/2014This is our favorite place for good, atmosphere and view in Baton Rouge. Maybe best view on the river period. But the food and service are exceptional as well. A must try restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food + fabulous viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Seated right away at reserved time (Wednesday 7 pm). Ethan, our waiter, was prompt, attentive, and knowledgeable. The crunchy roll appetizer was delicious. I had the short ribs, my wife the salmon. All good. Sunset over the river was beautiful. With the right weather and timing an outside table would be the thing to do. One out-of-character oddity....the seat on one side of many of the tables is a very long, upholstered bench. At more than one location there were rips in the fabric; at our table the rip was about 5 to 6 inches long. We mentioned this to our waiter and to the hostess; the answer was that "LSU" (LSU has the lease?) would not let them fix it. Strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.