Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge
100 Lafayette St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70801Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.servingsushi.com/
- Phone: (225) 346-5100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Blake Crawford
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: We will be serving a pre-fixe menu for New Years Eve. 5 courses @ $65 per person.
A word from Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge
Sister restaurant to Tsunami Lafayette, we offer a diverse menu which focuses on obtaining the freshest seafood and all around ingredients available. Our menu has remained water cooler conversation with its Japanese and Eastern fare, striving to add innovative new dishes as we travel the globe sampling ideas and bringing them back to our beloved customers. Food offerings include standard sushi rolls, nigiri and sashimi. In addition to our fresh Japanese tempura and teriyaki dishes, TSUNAMI also offers delicious Asian inspired specials on Friday and Saturday evenings, ranging from duck to wahoo to ribeye steak prepared by our award winning chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (90)special occasion (73)romantic (61)great for outdoor dining (56)hot spot (53)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful Sushi with great friends!SushiDined on 11/21/2014Wonderful Sushi!! Great ambiance and awesome beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert MayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed our dinner in every regard. The only (and minor) thing I could complain about was the level of the music. It made it unpleasant to carry on a conversation and I believe there was a problem with the system as the music level kept going up and down,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date location!MaxwellDined on 11/15/2014Went on a first date, definitely thought the view was an good way to impressive her. Great food and the prices weren't great but reasonable. Overall I definitely enjoyed my dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, too close to eavesdrop..MichelleDined on 11/14/2014First of all, for an experience like that, the food was not pricey and was incredibly reasonably priced. The service was so wonderful and not sloppy, our waiter was extremely attentive and had a great positive attitude, which as a former server myself, I really appreciated. Even other waiters who weren't assigned to our table would stop by and check on us. The food was delicious and came out in a timely manner. The only thing I didn't enjoy, however, was that we shared seating with other tables on either side of us. I know that's how the restaurant is set up, and that you'll have to be a bit closer to other groups, but I was at dinner for a special anniversary, so it was hard to enjoy my spouse's company on our special night when the table next to us was being unnecessarily loud and making extremely rude comments about the service (they were so wrong and ungrateful). So I suggest this especially if you like to sit at the bar and just hangout, or if you enjoy places with scenery, because the river looks beautiful at night when you're viewing it from their terrace. But I wouldn't suggest going there if you want some privacy unless you go before the dinner rush hits. The only thing that made the experience bad was being closely in between two groups that were both making loud and rude comments to each other and about the restaurant. But this one experience doesn't mean it'll happen to everyone, and not all the seating is so close to other tables. So go check it out! We will definitely be visiting again for such great food, service, and scenery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/12/2014Per usual. No surprises. Had a chance to hop up for a quick lunch rather than the box lunch offered at the Smart Growth Summit on the ground floor. Glad I did! Grand lunch of eggplant miso & seaweed salad overlooking the river. Couldn't have been happier.Special Features:
- Great SushidinnerdivasDined on 11/7/2014The atmosphere is very electric and romantic at the same time. There is a beautiful view overlooking the Mississippi River. Great place for dates or gathering with friends. Service was excellent and food was delicious. The best calamari I've ever had! Definitely recommend reservations, very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TsunamiJudyKDined on 11/4/2014Always love Tsunami - best sushi and best view in Baton Rouge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi anyone?ConnieDined on 11/1/2014Tried it for the view since we are not sushi eaters. Our dishes were good but the industrial decor is not what I expected. The night view was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and foodTsunamiDined on 10/25/2014The Tsunami has been a favorite of ours for a long time. We lived in Baton Rouge years ago and now live an hour away but we still make a trip to Baton Rouge to eat here since the food is that good. My wife loves this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningarp7737Dined on 10/11/2014Great experience! Sushi: extremely delicious & fresh, ambiance: upbeat & pleasant, service: fantastic. The rooftop view is also a huge plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in Baton RougeLuv2dineDined on 10/10/2014Always a great place to go whether it's a girl's night out, date night with your man, or a family occasion. I've never had a bad meal here and the specials for ladies night on Tuesdays are great! Highly recommend for people visiting Baton Rouge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!TsunamiDined on 9/26/2014View was amazing and the food was fabulous! Hung lo sushi the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerkcdr1Dined on 9/12/2014Tsunami is a great place to go on a date or for special occasions. The service is wonderful, and the overall vibe of the restaurant was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE!!miller10Dined on 9/6/2014I LOVE this restaurant! The view is AMAZING and so is the food!Special Features:
- still a great viewvisitorfromBRDined on 9/3/2014The one reason to visit Tsunami is the spectacular river view. it can't be beat. That said, the quality of the food is not what it used to be, and the ambience, which used to be incredibly chic, is now looking shabby (lots of holes and tears in the bench seating upholstery). Sushi is good--Lava Rolll is a favorite), but with so many sushi choices now in Baton Rouge, it does not rank at the top for me any longer. Of the 3 entrées we ordered, the Shrimp Ebi and grits was good, the Sea Bass, not so much. Service was friendly but not timely. Save Tsunami when the view with a good cocktail is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningjoshuawakleyDined on 9/2/2014Decided to book this restaurant on the day, was really after a nice view overlooking the mississippi and was not disappointed. We ordered three types of sushi and all tasted amazing, the atmosphere was pleasant to make a beautiful evening. The service was a little slow at first but nothing to have effected our evening, will definitely be coming by again when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014They NEVER let us down! What a grand spot for a wonderful dinner before a show at the Manship Theater. By all means, enjoy the shrimp & eggplant appetizer. If you enjoy fried soft-shelled crabs, don't miss the Norman Doumit roll. We'll be back again soon & fully anticipating another stellar (pun intended) review.Special Features:
- Great PlacefoodadventurerDined on 8/23/2014It has an amazing atmosphere with the small bar area and the dinning room around the corner. You just feel apart of something special when you're there with the incredible view of the river and the food, drinks and service add to the feel of it all. The only thing I might have a down point on is the hostess. There was a very rude male hostess that was soon forgotten though.Special Features:
- Great scenery!ViviDined on 8/22/2014It's one of my favorite spots! It was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodGabi2daniDined on 8/9/2014It was my third time dining At Tsunami and the food it's always amazing. The quality of the fish (always super fresh), the way they make everything... Just so delicious. Service has always been great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great food and serviceViviDined on 8/8/2014Its my favorite spot in downtown we like to go there for special occasion. We like to seat out side if isn't to hot. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceSgb4116Dined on 8/6/2014While we were dining, the lights flickered off, no big deal, but when they came back on the air did not and the staff didn't notice it until about an hour and a half later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing the traditional spicy tuna!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Great service and great sushi. My only complaint is that they do not have a traditional spicy tuna roll! The dynamite roll is marinated white fish and tuna, but it is just spicy and bland. It had no flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- merrycatDined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed our table near the window with a great view of the Mississippi River and the Baton Rouge port. We appreciated the non-sushi items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 462 reviews are from the Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge reviews archive.
- River Viewgal522Dined on 7/29/2014Food was great and our waitress was great. Hostesses could dress with more classSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerzacharycookiemanDined on 7/26/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday with our best friends at Tsunami in Baton Rouge, LA. This is my wife's favorite sushi restaurant. The service is always good and the food is great! Tsunami also has one of the best steaks in Baton Rouge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home girlOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014As a "southern" girl who moved to NYC as fast as it takes to make grits, it is delightful to find that gem of a restaurant in your home town that let's one come home without sacrificing the palate! Great food, relaxed atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great2cutebballDined on 7/22/2014Great food, great vibe, great people. Will be returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tsunami never dissapointsDanaVIPDined on 7/17/2014Always a great meal! Of course the view is always beautiful!Special Features:
- jrjrVIPDined on 7/15/20141st time there...every aspect was outstanding!!! Pleasantly pleased and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grate sushiirtishDined on 7/12/2014Grate sushi and wonderful service. The rooftop view is magnificent.Special Features:
- UnsatisfiedEatmorsushiDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I decided to spend our 6 month anniversary with Tsunami. We love sushi and Tsunami is one of our favorite places. Our server was pleasant and well informed. Our food was beautifully prepared and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserved table?RichardDined on 7/10/2014It is unacceptable to have a reservation at a restaurant of this caliber and have to wait 15 minutes for the table because they did not save a table by the window as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food was outstanding. Service was just as fantastic! Very attentive but not overly!! We saw the manager on the way out and he checked in with us. Very polite. I brag on this restaurant all the time and it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi with a view.ScrumdittilyumptuousDined on 7/5/2014If you get there enough to see the sunset, you're in for a treat. It's absolutely gorgeous. Try to take your eyes off the tasty rolls, gyoza-pan fried dumplings (my mouth is watering), mochi, etc. just for a moment, look out the window and for a moment feel that all is right with the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed the sushi and the view of the Mississippi tremendously! We will definitely be back to dine at Tsunami again!
- Consistently greatwatsondinerDined on 7/3/2014Tsunami is always a great experience for us. Never disappointed with the food or service, great view of the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationTigerFan43Dined on 6/28/2014Great location for a birthday dinner for my son. We had a great view of the river and the food was terrific.Special Features:
- Restaurant with a ViewAnnKVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great food even if you don't care for sushi. Our waiter was helpful in helping us select food that we enjoyed. The portions are large. I would order fewer items next time. All in all we had a delightful evening and will return. The view is spectacular seeing the Mississippi River roll by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi with A Viewhittheroad10Dined on 6/20/2014Upscale atmosphere with views of the Mississippi River and Old State Capitol. Besides sushi, the Chilean Sea bass was exceptional and enough to split.Special Features: