Tsunami - Mt. Pleasant
1909 Hwy 17 N
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Tsunami - Mt. Pleasant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tsunamicompany.com/
- Phone: 8438817061
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 4:30pm - 12:00am
Nightly: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Shin Komatsu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: MONDAYS: Derek Cribb 10:30pm–1:00am WEDNESDAYS: David Higgins and Joey Tran 10pm–12:30am
A word from Tsunami - Mt. Pleasant
Tsunami is an authentic Japanese sushi restaurant and bar where providing an exceptional dining experience is our priority. The freshest ingredients ensure exquisite meals from the fun, creative atmosphere of our sushi bar to the intimate tabletop dining in our exotic interiors. Tsunami also offers traditional Japanese tempura, pot stickers, tataki, and hibachi. We slice our fish to order and create artful presentations to please both the eye and palate. Whether on a date or with a group of friends Tsunami is the perfect place for a night out. Come experience Tsunami, a new approach to hip, sophisticated Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tsunami - Mt. Pleasant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent!!!!Mr2JayeDined on 5/17/2013The atmosphere was great and the sushi is excellent. My Friday night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewDomiDined on 5/9/2013Not much to say. It was pretty good. The rice was extremely good and complemented the vegetables well, but could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was wonderful asOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Everything was wonderful as usual. Our food arrived late though so that was kind of a bummer but, it's usually on time. Went on a Saturday night, may have hit the server at a very busy time. The food made up for it though. The manager is always gracious and the wait staff are very friendly. :-)Special Features:
- Food waitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The food was good and the waitress was nice, but the food took a really long time to get to our table, so it made us late for other things we had planned.Special Features:
- Rocking---RollsDocTorVIPDined on 4/12/2013Sushi and Shms was very good. Especially the specialty rolls and the Eel (which we had 4 pieces). However, due to a large party, sushi was slow coming out of the kitchen. Waitress was on top of things, but we did wait almost 30-minutes for the food. However, that being said, it was very good! Would rather do without the TVs at either end, it would be a nicer place without the ''bar feel''.Special Features:
- Slow Kitchen but Nice Meal...jayski45VIPDined on 3/24/2013Were seated promptly for our Open Table reservation on a Sunday night for my daughter's birthday dinner. Reservation not really necessary as the place was virtually empty. Our server Christina was outstanding. Sushi appetizers were fresh and tasty. Entree orders of Hibachi Chicken, Hibachi Shrimp, and the Tilapia were all excellent. My wife had a chicken dish that was overcooked and dry. Only real complaint: the kitchen was extremely slow. Again we were practically the only diners so why our entree orders took almost an hour to arrive is puzzling. But the meals arrived hot and aside from the aforementioned chicken dish, it was all very good. A nice touch by the restaurant was presenting my daughter with a complimentary birthday dessert.
- We enjoyed everything thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013We enjoyed everything that we had, the sushi was excellent and the prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)timtDined on 1/21/2013My wife and I spent a week in the area, this was the best dinner we had all week !Special Features:
- Lackluster sushi, decent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Lackluster sushi, decent service. Overpriced for what it is, much better Japanese places in the area.
- Hostess didn't have our reservationERdinerDined on 8/7/2012Hostess didn't have our reservation And had never heard of Open Table. We were seated anyway which was good. I tame issue with restaurants that say they have crab in their sushi and it turns out to be imitation crab. Overall food was ok, but wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Not a quality sushi restaurantCharlestonDiningDined on 7/19/2012My fiancé and I arrived 20 minutes early, because we were hungry and waited to order an appetizer before our friends arrived. Due to the restaurant staff, we ended up waiting 45 minutes until the appetizer was served. Once we were able to eat the appetizer, it was good. It took a while to order our meal, and once it was ordered, it took a long time to be served. Our waitress seemed to be missing most of the night. My fiancé’s filet minion teppanyaki was not very good. The steak was fatty and tough like a rib eye. My sushi is over-priced and bad. The spicy tuna roll contained minced tuna. The rice seemed to be the same type served with my fiance’s teppanyaki. Maybe they ran out of sushi rice, but it was not good rice.
- Great spot!!! I asked forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012Great spot!!! I asked for a drink that was not on the menu and the staff went out of thier way to accommodate my request.Special Features: