Tsunami - Lafayette
412 Jefferson Street
Lafayette, LA 70501Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Tsunami - Lafayette
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.servingsushi.com/
- Phone: 3372343474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are proud to offer any of our our menu items as a catered option. We can work with any budget and please any palate.
- Private Party Facilities: Our semi-private 2nd floor mezzanine level overlooks the bar and restaurant. It can comfortably seat 26 however it is capable of holding up to 40 cocktail style.
We also have an Art Gallery that you can host a reception or fundraiser that can host up to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Racca 3372343474
A word from Tsunami - Lafayette
Tsunami is Lafayette's culinary escape. It opened in 2000 in the historic downtown arts and entertainment district. It fancies itself as the hippest eatery in the 337. LA flare with southern care!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tsunami - Lafayette - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Tsunami - Lafayette reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (18)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- LOVE THE FOOD!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food! We had the Sushi, Seabass & Suma Ribeye......YUM!!! Awesome service! No waiting with open table reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodQuasiDined on 8/29/2014We've eaten there many times, and we've never been disappointed! Good food, good service, good times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014they seem to forget the basics (water) but deliver on quality sushi at a reasonable price although it's reasonable for Los Angeles!! two people 2 drinks 4 dishes and a large sake for $109 ? That's $80-90 in the Valley. Perhaps a bit too profit focussed. but good sushi.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSushi4lifeDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I had a fabulous date at Tsunami. The food and atmosphere was fantastic. It was our first time having sushi and we will absolutely come back. This was the best meal we've ever experienced! Thanks for such great service for a much needed night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect experienceRon1969Dined on 8/5/2014Location is right downtown with ample parking close by. First impression well presented restaurant with modern and authentic furnishings. Really enjoyed watching the chefs prepare our food. Waiting staff were excellent, giving us ample time to decide and help with our food choices. Food was outstanding and large portions, which in my opinion was great value for money. This restaurant was very popular and filled up quickly. We made our reservation online through ther website, seeing how quickly they became busy, we were glad for that option to book ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushi and sashimi!ChewbaccaNomNomDined on 8/2/2014Tsunami doesn't disappoint. From start to finish every dish we tried was very pleasing to the palate. The Miso soup, sushi,sashimi and speciality rolls were outstanding. I definitely plan on dining there in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceParkDined on 8/1/2014We took my sister in law and her son to your restaurant for the first time and they truly enjoyed the overall experience. It is her new favorite in Lafayette. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!JeanDined on 7/19/2014The food is always top notch but I feel like the service is not where it should be. My last few trips here, our service has been slacking. Now when you call for a res, there's an air of exclusivity & given issues when trying to book for parties over 4. This particular visit, just a party of 2 & I was glad to be able to book on open table & not make the call. My previous visit, I called for a party of 8 & it was like pulling teeth... I was put on hold, had to speak to a manager to make the res. Really? I wasn't booking a party. when we got there, the place wasn't even busy. I return here because the sushi is great & it is a fun place, but service is slow & I don't like the airs that are put on by the host staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Dined here for a friends birthday dinner. Great waitress. Great atmosphere, and good food.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrateGPasDined on 6/4/2014Celebrated anniversary with my wife. Had an excellent meal. Open table secured me a reservation which I believe would have been difficult to do otherwise. Sat at bar while waiting. Mojito was terrible, although bar tender did attempt to rectify. Tried new appetizer of shrimp and peppers which was ok. Sushi was on point, as was our server. Highly recommend Tsunami for special occasion or night out. It's always an electric atmosphere and a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!Nettie9Dined on 5/24/2014Best sushi dining experience we've had! Fantastic service-our server went above and beyond and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Tsunami - Lafayette reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We showed up 30 minutes early and were still seated which was great! Tsunami's food always good. Service is hit or miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSushiluvaDined on 4/25/2014Great food, great service, every time I go which is about 2 times a month...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love loveEmilyDined on 4/24/2014We can never get enough of this place. We went for a girl's night and had a blast! Great food and service as always. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushikeenesmomVIPDined on 4/5/2014This was our first time eating at Tsumani - Lafayette. We live in Baton Rouge and have enjoyed dining at the Tsunami at the top of the Shaw Building downtown so we thought we give Lafayette a try as well. We were not disappointed. Wait staff was attentive, food was prompt and delicious. Location was great as we'd never been to downtown Lafayette before and while the view was not impressive (Baton Rouge Tsunami is on the top of a building with outdoor space and view of the river), Lafayette's downtown seemed to be much more vibrant than Baton Rouge's downtown (kudos to the powers that be who were able to do that - Baton Rouge is still trying).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+EmilyDined on 4/1/2014Always a great experience at Tsunami. Our server, Arnia, was very knowledgeable of the menu and attentive to our table. We tried several of the new menu items and were impressed with each one. Thanks for another great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Datebeth122002Dined on 3/1/2014My date and I discovered that we both loved sushi. He's from Houston and asked that I find a restaurant here in Lafayette. I immediately thought of this place. The food was excellent, he gave me a gold star for picking a great place for our first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!Cnw12Dined on 2/14/2014Went to tsunami on vday with my boyfriend and had a wonderful time! Food was excellent and service was just as good! Looking forward to eating there again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb diningBLeBouefDined on 2/14/2014First time eating "Sushi", pleasant experience with knowledgeable wait staff, will return often.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushi!reeseDined on 2/12/2014We love this place, best sushi we can find in Lafayette for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy it each time we go!Hunter01Dined on 2/6/2014The food is great & the atmosphere is very relaxing. The menu is very appetizing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD EATSROCKYDined on 2/4/2014AS A COUPLE WE ORDERED ONE APPETIZER AND FOUR ENTREES, ALL AT THE RECOMMENDATION OF OUR WAITER. ALL FIVE DISHES WERE VERY GOOD AND WE WOULD REPEAT ANY OR ALL UPON ANOTHER VISIT. THE ENTREES WERE ALL ROLLS AND THE MOST DELICIOUS ONE HAD NO RICE. TWO OF THE ROLLS WERE THE HIGHER PRICED ITEMS BUT WELL WORTH THE MONEY. OUR SERVER WAS VERY ATTENTIVE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. ALSO HONEST AS I PAID WITH CASH AND TWO ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS WERE STUCK TOGETHER SO HE RETURNED THE PAYMENT FOLDER AND POINTED OUT MY MISTAKE. WE WILL DEFINITELY RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent Sushi! Good presentation!QuasiDined on 1/30/2014Excelent Sushi! Good presentation! Using the "Open Table" app is the best way to make a reservation at Tsunami's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in townSushilover23Dined on 1/17/2014I didn't really get in to sushi until I moved to Lafayette 6 years ago. I have tried other sushi places in town, but none of them match the quality sushi and atmosphere that Tsunami has. I love coming here. This is the only place in Lafayette that I get sushi.Special Features:
- Best sushi experience in LafayettePhilDined on 1/3/2014I have been going to Tsunami since it opened and have never been disappointed. Great and consistent food and solid service! Our favorite rolls include the Green Monster, Candy Cane, and Spicy Tuna. Would recommend to anyone in the Lafayette area looking for a good sushi dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service not so much.Lafayette2013Dined on 12/3/2013Enjoyed the food but after ten minutes waiting at my table and still no waiter in sight I had to get up to the bar to ask for something to drink and a waiter. Also, as soon as I had my last bite the waiter came and hurried to get us the check. We felt very rushed. Food is greta but their service lacks. A LOT!
- perfect sushilovenola0217Dined on 11/29/2013There aren't too many restaurants in Lafayette that make you feel like you're in a big city. That ambiance is nice with the abundance of local Cajun seafood. The food and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceMichaelDined on 10/12/2013The cocktails were amazing, the appetizers were delicious, and the sushi was fresh. It was a fantastic dinner and ALL staff was quick to pick up an empty plate or refill our glass. It's a great place to eat and I recommend it to anyone in the Lafayette area.Special Features:
- Good food, bustling atmosphereLuv2TeachDined on 10/2/2013Food is very good. Atmosphere can get a little loud because the main dining area is one large, open room. The service is fantastic and the menu is full of wonderful things. The Beef Cisotaki is great as an appetizer but the portion is very small. The Sashimi dinner is great and typically comes with four different selections of fish.Special Features:
- first time experiencecourtneyDined on 9/21/2013It was both my boyfriend and I's first dinner here and we were both thoroughly impressed with everything. Everyone was very kind and the restaurant is gorgeous. I felt like royalty and really enjoyed the dim lighting for a quieter and more romantic evening. The food was delicious and we have told everyone we have seen just how great it was and how impressed we were. The restaurant is beautiful and I really enjoyed every aspect of our evening. Thank you guys and we cant wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2013Have never had a bad experience here. Food is always great!! Employees are always friendly and ready to give you great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- asked to leaveRudeDined on 7/30/2013Everything with our night was enjoyable until the manager asked us to leave because they had other reservations to fill this table. Yes, I had made the reservation for 5 people and at last minute had some cancellations. I had told this to the host that we could be sat at a smaller table. When we were sat she still sat us at a big table. I was appalled at how we were asked to leave. We were still waiting for a round of drinks and dessert at this time. I am a manager at a local restaurant and would never ever ask a paying guest to leave because of other reservations. I did not book a party room and a table time limit was never told to us at the beginning of our dining experience.
- Awesome Experiencefoodie4lifeDined on 7/27/2013We go to Tsunami quite often and have never been disappointed. The customer service is consistently spot on and the food is always exceptional!!! Tsunami has always been our first choice for all of our special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress wasnt very attentive.tinkDined on 7/11/2013Waitress wasnt very attentive. Bus boy and other waitstaff handle a few things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The eye did not eat firstcollegeFoodieDined on 7/6/2013When I think about American sushi I think about sushi as a delivery system for food, not a culturally accurate cuisine. See, for me I don't expect exceptional taste or quality.. I know before I get there that I'm paying for a flashy meal with American accents on rice and seaweed. I expect a big fancy plate with showy designs and excessive garnish. What I got was not what I payed for. The price far exceeded the quality or the taste. Again, if the presentation had been other than five rolls on a plain white dish, no garnish, no bells and whistles I would have been happy. All that being said, the service was great and there were a few pretty interesting rolls. If they improve the presentation I will gladly return.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerDanielleDined on 6/28/2013Have visited this restaurant many times within the last 5 years. This was the first time I wasn't impressed with the food. The Miso soup was cold and didn't taste fresh. We normally are fighting for the last sushi roll, this time we had over 10 rolls left on plate. The rolls did not taste fresh, I will not be dinning there for a while.Special Features:
- Food, service and atmosphereMedia1DebDined on 6/28/2013Food, service and atmosphere is consistently very good. Hands down, the best sushi I've ever eaten...must try the "Trans-Best-Bite" sushi. A great place for meeting friends beforehand at the bar and enjoying a great meal and dessert later. The Chocolate Box is "to die for"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They know sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2013Their fish/seafood is always very fresh. The sushi rolls are creative, delicious, and expertly done. All very delicious. The entrees are also delicious, our favorite is the sea bass which can easily feed 2 after sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeVioletDined on 6/18/2013The sushi was and is always awesome. Better than anywhere else in Lafayette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Sushi Lafayette has to offer.CitizenDined on 6/15/2013This is definitely the best sushi place in Lafayette. Seated in the heart of downtown, you are sure to have a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.