1290 Bower Pkwy
Columbia, SC 29212-3706Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tsunamicompany.com/
- Phone: 8034073873
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Tuesday & Wednesday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Tuesday & Wednesday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Glenn Pana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tsunami-Harbison
Tsunami is an authentic Japanese sushi restaurant and bar where providing an exceptional dining experience is our priority. The freshest ingredients ensure exquisite meals from the fun, creative atmosphere of our sushi bar to the intimate tabletop dining in our exotic interiors. Tsunami also offers traditional Japanese tempura, pot stickers, tataki, and hibachi. We slice our fish to order and create artful presentations to please both the eye and palate. Whether on a date or with a group of friends Tsunami is the perfect place for a night out. Come experience Tsunami, a new approach to hip, sophisticated Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tsunami-Harbison reviews from OpenTable diners
- SLOWmisshopeDined on 7/5/2013Went twice this week. service was very slow both days even though they weren't crowded.calamari was overcooked and rubberySpecial Features:
- Pricey, average food, lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013If you don't mind paying a lot for average sushi, this is the place for you. If you don't mind waiting 45 minutes in a half-full restaurant for your appetizers, this is the place for you. If you have an infant or toddler with you and don't mind having to find your own high chair because the staff is oblivious, this is the place for you. If you order entrees rather than sushi, and don't mind getting your food 10-15 minutes after the people who DID order sushi, this is the place for you. Needless to say this is not the place for us, ever again.
- The sushi was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013The sushi was excellent. There are so many choices it may take you awhile to decide what you want.Special Features:
- great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013This was a great choice for the night. There was wonderful food, service and atmosphere. We truly enjoyed every moment. We will tell all our friends and return again ourselves.Special Features:
- We went with a group and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013We went with a group and had a great time. Some had sushi, some had a cooked entree, and others just had appetizers. Everyone enjoyed their food and I was happy people could have a variety of food and price points. Would go back again!Special Features:
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I travel a lot but when I dined at Tsunami Harbison, this was the first time I've ever eaten Sushi and it was great! From the food, to the libations, to the servers, to the ambiance....everything was on point and I will be back!Special Features:
- Awesome varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013They a huge variety of sushi rolls and they're food is delicious! The wait staff was super friendly and attentive. Will definitely come back here.Special Features:
- We have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We have been to this restaurant on several occasions and the food was great each time. We made dinner reservations there for NYE because, according to their website and subsequent confirmation email, they would still be serving food at the time we were able to get there. We arrived on time to the restaurant and was informed that they had decided to close the kitchen early that night after all. We were not notified ahead of time and did not receive an apology or explanation as we were being told this new in person.
- Disappointing ServiceSRiversDined on 12/31/2012This place has gone down hill. The service was SOOOO SLOWWWW. We had to wait on everything from our drinks to entrees. I would not recommend this Tsunami location to a friend, hopefully the location downtown is better.
- Okay...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012This was my second time dining here and it was nowhere near as good as the first but I will return.
- Good and would go againOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2012Food was pretty good. We thought the sushi menu was a bit lacking and the two specialty rolls we ordered ... well we wouldn't order them again. But we would go back and try other options - just we're not in any rush to do so.Special Features:
- Food was OK, lighting wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012Food was OK, lighting was way too bright, ran out of my favorite beer.
- Enjoyed myself as did theChefAPCDined on 10/16/2012Enjoyed myself as did the rest of my dining party. I'd definitely return.Special Features:
- Not What I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012A sushi lovers dream restaurant. However, if you are more into the hibachi style food, the food was not as flavorful as other Japanese restaurants I have tried. The seafood was little overcooked and somewhat rubbery. Each piece of my steak had chunks of fat, which was discarded. A knife to cut up large vegetables was definitely needed. The fried rice was excellent. The atmosphere was very nice, and our waitress was extemely attentive.
- Very good with great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012sushi was very good, server was great, scallop entree was great except scallops were overcooked taste was great, others commented the food was very good party of 7 with out of town guestsSpecial Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012first time and it was great, everything was above what we expected. will go back again, .Special Features:
- This was my first time hereflanancyDined on 7/9/2012This was my first time here and I had read other reviews. I agree with the other reviews. The service was slow and my party of 3 did not get any refills on water or any silverware. The waiter was very nice but the service could have been a little better. Food was average. I like Miyos much better.
- Typical Monday night, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012Typical Monday night, very little business. The server paid very little attention to filling drinks, asking if anything was needed, etc. If he had several tables rather than just our one we probably would not have seen him at all.Special Features:
- Good quality Japanese food,SRrDDined on 6/15/2012Good quality Japanese food, I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012The sushi was phenomenal! The hibachi though was probably the worst hibachi I have EVER ate! If you go there go for sushi and that's about all.
- Honestly...just a bit coldPTeatsDined on 5/18/2012Honestly...just a bit cold in atmosphere, and the food struck me as similar to a much lower priced asian chain...the "hibachi" chicken and shrimp tasted like all dark meat and the veggies were a bit overcooked. It tasted fine.... I think I would choose a chain where it's cooked fresh at the table.Special Features:
- Small portions. Food was barleyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2012Small portions. Food was barley warm on arrival. I do not plan to go back.