215 E. Bay St
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tsunamicompany.com/
- Phone: 8439655281
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:30pm - 12:00am
Daily: 4:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
- Entertainment: Thursdays and Sundays: DJ Phamtastic
A word from Tsunami-Charleston
Tsunami is an authentic Japanese sushi restaurant and bar where providing an exceptional dining experience is our priority. The freshest ingredients ensure exquisite meals from the fun, creative atmosphere of our sushi bar to the intimate tabletop dining in our exotic interiors. Tsunami also offers traditional Japanese tempura, pot stickers, tataki, and hibachi. We slice our fish to order and create artful presentations to please both the eye and palate. Whether on a date or with a group of friends Tsunami is the perfect place for a night out. Come experience Tsunami, a new approach to hip, sophisticated Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tsunami-Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
- serviceWhynotVIPDined on 7/23/2013Waitress was very nice and friendly, but also VERY VERY slow. She would show up and we would ask for something and then it would be forever before we saw her again.Even when she just went to get us silverware. I was so ready to leave at the end that I left cash rather than have to wait one more time to get my card back.
- Great foodChucktowndinerDined on 7/6/2013I would highly recommend. Food was great! Served quick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different than it used to be...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2013This was always one of our favorite places to eat when we lived in Charleston, so when we came back to Charleston this weekend we made sure to come back. As always, the food was amazing!! The sushi was great, they were very accommodating to making something for our two year old. Everything we ordered was delicious. Oh waiter was obviously new. He kept saying, "I'm not sure, I'm new, I'll ask" to all of our questions. He forgot our appetizer and messed up our sushi order...twice. The bathrooms were probably the most disgusting bathrooms I've ever seen in a restaurant. I guess that should be expected as the place becomes a very active bar at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereellchr3Dined on 5/18/2013This was our first time to Tsunami. We had reservations for 5:30 and when we got there the place was still almost empty. I would assume because of the bar up front that they don't get busy until later. The food and service was great. The only complaint I'd have is that I made a comment on the reservation that I preferred a booth and we got sat at a half table/ half booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service. MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Outstanding service. Mark our waiter was great at his job!H delivered food properly and efficiently. I was very pleased with the bar service!Tsunami is a place were you or anyone can come and strike a conversation because the place is very friendly. The atmosphere inside makes people want to converse!Special Features:
- I've already recommended itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013I've already recommended it to several people! Our good was excellent. I'd been to the one in Columbia and this one was just as good.Special Features:
- Food & service was great.KristaDined on 4/13/2013Food & service was great. But the place was noiseySpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the food, wine, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013Enjoyed the food, wine, service and drinks. I will return.Special Features:
- I was not impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013I was not impressed with the ambiance or the service. I was with a bachelorette party group and I think we should have found a more fun restaurant.Special Features:
- One of the freshest sushi I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013I used to live in Charleston 3 years ago and came in town for business and went to Tsunamis, which in the past was one of my favorites. Wow what a change this place has turn out to be. My business partner and I sat at the sushi bar and notice the head chef(Masa) who was working here last time I ate here and suggested us Uni(Sea Urchin) and other selections. The fish here is one of the freshest I have eaten in any sushi restaurant. The sushi chefs were amazing with their craftsmanship and service was outstanding. They also mention about Wednesday All you can eat sushi for $14 Wow!! I will make sure to plan my trip back here on Wednesday and let others know as well. Great time and will surly miss it when I head back to Chicago.Special Features:
- Fresh and amazing list of Cold SakeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013This was one of the best sushi restaurants I have been too. When we arrived we notice it was busy and that made us believe this was a hot spot. The service was fantastic and very knowledgeable of the menu and fast. We ordered the My My Roll and another roll which I cannot remember the name but it was one of the freshest roll I had in while. They have a huge selection of cold sake and we never been to a sushi restaurant that had sake flights and it was amazing especially the asian pear. Great food and amazing time we had. We will definitely be back!!!!!Special Features:
- The food is phenomenal atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013The food is phenomenal at Tsunami. Definitely the best sushi in the Charleston area. The bartenders were fantastic, while we had a couple cocktails at the bar. Our server was awesome. Very helpful and friendly at the same time. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone. A wonderful experience!
- Bad food, worse service, don't go..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2013The service was bad - I've had more accomidating servers at IHOP. The server neglected to tell us that bottles of wine were half off until after we had already ordered a glass, making two glasses of wine more expensive than a bottle. The plum wine tasted like prune juice. I asked the server if that particular type of plum wine always tasted that way he just told me he didn't know. He didn't offer to replace or even ask the bartender if this should be expected. The Chicken Hibachi was not good - fatty dark meat with sauce that was way too sweet. Atmosphere has potential, but they played loud rap music and were replacing the refrigerator in the middle of dinner. It was loud - power saws, hammer banging. We were 110% disappointed with Tsunami.
- LOVE Tsunami. I make it aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/9/2013LOVE Tsunami. I make it a point to stop by each time I visit Charleston. The sushi is great, and the energy is fantastic. I nice restuarant turns into quite the scene. Mark is the best bartender, too!Special Features:
- Stay away!!! When I walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013Stay away!!! When I walked in the door the overwhelming bleach smell should have told me everything. Our server was rude and SOOOOO slow, the food was HORRIBLE (the three of us eating all got something different and nothing was good) it all tasted frozen and cheap, but the bill wasn't cheap for how nasty it was. Charleston is beautiful, there are plenty other restaurants to try!!!Special Features:
- The food was good but wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2013The food was good but was all brought at random. The rice was brought with the soup rather than the meal. My friend got his entree before his appetizer. Not sure if it was the waiter or the cook. The food was tasty but the experience was ruined by poor service :( Give it a shot though because maybe you'll be better service!
- Great Date night spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2013Great place for date-night! First time to the downtown Tsunami and now its our favorite spot. We ate at the sushi bar, and was given a on the house salad plate for a starter which was a surprise. We went for happy hour, we think its the best proce in the city. 3 sushi rolls for $8.95 were delicious. The Teriaki combo with rice was great for only $8 and change.Special Features:
- Some of the best sushi I'vesushiloverVIPDined on 12/30/2012Some of the best sushi I've had. We will definitely go back. If the Fish N Hot Water is one of the specials, be sure to order it. It was outstanding!Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed a mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2012My wife and I enjoyed a meal at 6:30. We enjoyed the sushi we had ordered and the atmosphere was wonderful. Our server was smiling and seemed excited to be working with us. Thank you.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2012The food was very good and a full selection of sushi for restaurant week is awesome! The service left a lot to be desired. It was not busy and it took a very long time for food, bill etc. I would for sure go back again for the sushi though!Special Features:
- We all had a great meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012We all had a great meal and enjoyed the food and service. The decor is contemporary with an Asian flair that suits the place very well. However, the music was too loud for casual conversation, so that hurt the "ambiance" score (above).Special Features:
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Great place to hang out with girlfriends!! The food was very good, the energy was high, the service was a bit slow but it was a Saturday night so this was expected. Had a great time and will be going back soon.Special Features:
- I had a great time at TsunamiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012I had a great time at Tsunami Charleston. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact I was with a group of nine of my friends. Arbor did a good job waiting on our rowdy group.Special Features:
- Needs better mmanagementOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/1/2012We felt that there was no obvious manager on site. We frequently saw staff duck behind a curtain and use their cellphones.
- The food was bad. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2012The food was bad. The service was worst than the food. At least they were rude.
- The service was not that great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012The service was not that great, but the food was amazing. This was a good spot to go and have a few drinks, listen to some music, and enjoy delicious food. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere with friendlyTaeHDined on 4/7/2012Great atmosphere with friendly staff and delicious food!Special Features: