Tsunami - Annapolis
51 West St
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Tsunami - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kapowgroup.com/tsunami
- Phone: 4109909868
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, sushi bar until 1:00am (If interested in requesting BOOTH dinner seating, please note that booths are generally only available at 6 / 6:30pm or 8 / 8:30pm. Otherwise we will do our best to accomodate your request.)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Bobby Massa and Jonathan Hsu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room available for up to 22 people. Special, customized menus available. Room Fees or Guest Minimums apply for private events held Thursday through Saturday.
- Private Party Contact: Any Manager 4109909868
- Entertainment: DJ (alt rock) many nights after 10pm. Individually scheduled theme parties, art shows, release parties and fundraising events.
- Cross Street: Calvert/Cathedral
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Best spot is Gott's Public Parking Garage located on Calvert St. between Northwest St. and West St. Once parked, exit garage near ticket dispenser and pass through small walkway and you will be right across the street from Tsunami.
A word from Tsunami - Annapolis
From fresh sushi to chef prepared steaks and seafood, Tsunami caters to all appetites. Surrounded in a modern, intimate, and lively atmosphere Tsunami welcomes all to enjoy anything from a creative drink, to a quick snack to a night of dinner and dancing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Tsunami - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Tsunami - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- 25th BirthdayMissCaliforniaDined on 8/16/2014The Sushi was great, the drinks were great, they were accommodating when more people joined the group than I had made reservations for, and the server was attentive and even offered to split checks without us asking. Overall I was very happy with the experience! The only criticism I ever have for this restaurant is that it is too loud. Great for friends, not for an intimate date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing servicebillduggan81Dined on 7/15/2014For the past 2 years having been saying we were gonna try this place.....wow it was worth the wait. Incredibly attentive staff and waitress and well the food surpassed our expectations. Safe to say this is gonna become a go to for us :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GoodKittyVIPDined on 7/2/2014This restaurant used to be very good, but not any more. The sushi was tasteless and did not seem fresh. There was no sushi chef in the restaurant so I suspect the sushi was not freshly cut. All in all a bad meal. Aside from the food, the restaurant is in need of updating.
- Loved Bartender Jeff!ShannonVIPDined on 6/28/2014Jeff was super! Friendly, knowledgeable and fast! All the qualities of a great bartender!Special Features:
- Great sushi @ new cocktailsDTAloverDined on 6/21/2014A cozy spot for groups of 2-4. Great service continually filling our waters and checking in. Loved the new cocktail menu - recommend the Mermaid Daiquiri to anyone who loves coconut and a mini trip to paradise. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentKMinMDDined on 5/25/2014Great location, nice for a dinner before a Rams Head show. Decor a little tired (cracked booth cushions). Staff in t-shirts and jeans; not terrible but adds to 'tired' feel. Staff nice enough but also seemed...tired. Food was a little pricey but good and decent portion. We were out for a rare evening without our kids...showed up dressed nicely with wife and not thrilled to be seated next to a table with little kids... But staff didn't know that...and family was nice, but kills any thought of a romantic evening. Would go again but for a regular dinner, not on date night.
- Interesting findMacbabsDined on 5/20/2014This was our second visit and the food and service was very good both times. If you are a sushi lover they have a large selection. Entre selection is very good. Nice blend of Asian and continental flavors. Ambience/décor needs a little freshening up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tsunami Rocks !!DayTrippersDined on 5/11/2014In the age of consumerism, here you are a true customer. Great people, great food, amazing service and in a great spot.Special Features:
- Mediocre sushiSushiLoverVIPDined on 5/9/2014Tsunami does not have a sushi bar, which is the first clue that the sushi would not be good. The sushi tasted like it came from a grocery store. Our server told us that most of their business comes from late night dining, which means you have to be drunk to enjoy their food - second clue. Third clue was the restaurant was empty at 7pm on a beautiful Saturday night. Needless to say, I will not be eating there any time soon.Special Features:
- Rubber fish?kevdiddyDined on 5/3/2014If you enjoy your fish rubbery, you'll love it. If you enjoy your dishes overpriced, you'll love it.
- DeniseDined on 4/26/2014The food at tsunami never disappoints...from sushi selections to the main dishes, everything was perfectly prepared and presented. While the noise level is high, the food and service are more than worth making a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 401 reviews are from the Tsunami - Annapolis reviews archive.
- Sushi AnnapolisNaptownianDined on 4/18/2014Good spot for sushi and drinks.............................,,,,,,,,....................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistencyDisappointedDined on 4/12/2014I have dined their many times. I had a reservation, they seemed to be rushing the food out. Usually they provide a bottle of water, this time they didn't, don' t know why this time was different. The place was about 20% full! many tables were available. I was seated in the back. Very, very disappointed. The waiter did not bring out all that was ordered, had to remind him. The one thing that is good is the food. I will start using carry out.Special Features:
- I ordered the scappols andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I ordered the scappols and only got 4 of them. My plate was like a childs portion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesBignbaldDined on 2/15/2014Able to have a great convo while enjoying excellent food. Coctail was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The seating was very tightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014The seating was very tight but the food and drinks were great. The restaurant has a nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Trading on past gloryCP14Dined on 1/28/2014This was my first (and last) visit here. Other reviewers have noted that it no longer lived up to its prior glories. I found the Asian "fusion" menu very limited and usually a fusion of elements that left me shaking my head in wonder. The dish I had was bland and somewhat odd; it would have been perfectly acceptable acceptable in a Chinese carry-out, but not in a place whose prices promise, but do not deliver, much more. Perhaps it has become a tourist spot, where diners do mot return because they were just visiting. I live here and will not eat there again. The only bright spots were the wines by the glass, which were good, and the service, which was attentive.
- A place to rememberZoninVIPDined on 1/26/2014This is my go to restaurant in Annapolis. The food is fresh and wonderful. The bourbon drinks are creative and awesome .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi riceLove2EatDined on 1/20/2014I've been to Tsunami a few times before and had an amazing time. Last night, I was less than impressed with the food quality. We ordered a few rolls and and some apps. The rice seemed either old or under cooked, because it was hard and very dry.Special Features:
- Love this place! Food is alwayssomewhathappycustomerDined on 1/19/2014Love this place! Food is always awesome. Stay away from the brussel sprouts though. I love brussel sprouts, but these were a big, soggy, stinky swing and a miss. The sushi is top rate though!Special Features:
- A menu that thinks outside the boxTEAMODined on 1/19/2014Just a fabulous, interesting, enticing menu. Bison short rib with sirachi mac and cheese and braised brussel sprouts with bacon is delicious. Tandoori salmon is a clear winner. Cocktail menu is fun. Best Manhattan (357) in town to be honest. They did not have it this time but they made one just as special. Sushi menu is a twist from what you see elsewhere. Just a happening place. Get the Living Social deal when it comes around, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we wentdss123Dined on 1/18/2014Though not a family restaurant, we took our kids and we all loved it. Food was excellent. Noisy and small, but we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiJoeloDined on 1/17/2014The food(sushi) was great as always and we also had a good bottle if chilled sake. I made reservations for 5 people and they squeezed us onto a table for four by adding a chair. Meanwhile a boot just across from us stayed empty for most of the time we were there. 2nd time that has happened to us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningIcemanVIPDined on 1/16/2014Food, service, ambience were all excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- eclectic and generally consistentWatssonDined on 1/16/2014At Tsunami we tend to make a small plate meal out of sushi and starters. The sushi -- very fresh. A spinach salad -- delicious. Kobe sliders -- my wife, the beef-eater, loved them. The mussels were okay -- not the best in Annapolis. But the curry soup just didn't live up to expectations -- not the hearty, warming dish we envisioned for a cold and windy night. The noise level -- they should turn down the volume just a bit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level was outrageousWayFoodieVIPDined on 1/16/2014The music selections and noise level chosen by the restaurant overpowered the food which was quite tasty. I would return again to give the restaurant another try. The couple seated beside us were also unimpressed with the music choice and volume. They assured us it wasn't usually like this.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceDebbieMDined on 1/10/2014We had a wonderful time at Tsunami. The sushi was beyond expectations and our server, Brian, did a wonderful job. A must see whether you live here or are just visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts to die forlinnyDined on 1/8/2014We shared the Neopolitan Brownie with coconut icecream. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, music too loud!JtcramerDined on 12/31/2013We had dinner on NYE. The food was great, the service was very good but the music was way too loud! We couldn't carry a conversation at our table without yelling at each other. It was our first time there, so I don't know if it's always that loud or whether it was because of it being New Years Eve. Overall it was a good experience and I'd go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but noise levelaussiegirlDined on 12/31/2013Food was great but noise level was way over the top. Turn it down. Will not return.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Each time I go here, I leave having had great food and excellent service. Everyone working there shares the responsibility of ensuring their guests are being taken care of. Kudos to the Scott, Matt and Josh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SpotChesapeakeVIPDined on 12/22/2013Having lived in Annapolis for 20 years it still surprises me how few good restaurant options we have. Tsunami's is one of the good ones -- although it depends on what you order. They have a grilled Chilean sea bass which is great - every time I order something else I regret it. Their soups, including the coconut curry one on the menu are usually very good. The sushi -- not so much. But this place has some energy, some very good and innovative dishes and they are nice and accommodating. And it's in a good location downtown on the edge of the historic district.
- Tsunami ExperienceSteveDined on 12/20/2013My wife & I had a great evening at Tsunami. The service and ambiance were perfect for us. I had the miso glazed sea bass & my wife had the bison short ribs.....both meals were very tasty & wonderfully presented. The atmosphere was fairly loud/noisy so if you're looking or a quiet, romantic evening, then this restaurant may not be for you. Overall, however, we enjoyed our night & experience.Special Features:
- Great place to dine!ToddDined on 12/19/2013Tsunami is a cozy place with great food. Great for all occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in AnnapolisBayGal1954Dined on 11/23/2013Tsunami is small, tables are very close together, it's noisy, but...the atmosphere is cool and the food is amazing! We had several small plates: lobster and scallop potstickers, edamame with chili and garlic, tuna sashimi, Tsunami roll, cauliflower, spinach and chick peas (veggie side), and beef tataki. Plenty of food for 2 people. The sashimi and the roll were really fresh and delicious. The edamame was the best I've ever had. And the potstickers were awesome. Really, everything was good. They have a good drink menu, but we opted for hot sake. Service was very good. This is our second time at Tsunami and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tsunami!!KateDined on 11/11/2013Tsunami is fabulous and never fails to impress! The sushi is amazing, and so are the special drinks and entrees. The West Street Cocktail is not to be missed. We started with some edamame (splurge on the chili & garlic, they are amazing!) and two very fresh, yummy rolls. Highly recommend the avocado salad, mussels(!), the salmon entree as well as the scallop entree. The entire night was topped off by excellent waitstaff. We had a waiter who clearly had half the dining room area, and still managed to stay on top of our drinks, plates and food. We'll be back soon ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE love LOVESkypagerDined on 10/19/2013I love this place! The food is fresh and fabulous! This was the first time I took my Husband. He have compliments to the chef while we were there. The drinks were great! I recommend this to anyone that wants to go to a hip spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiLoLo0406Dined on 10/18/2013Love the sushi here - especially the Garden Roll. It is the best! Although the sushi list is smaller than going to a typical sushi restaurant everything is great. Never had a bad meal. We called ahead of time to have a bottle of champagne at the table when we arrived (suprise for a friends birthday). When we arrived it was on ice at our table and someone was there to pop it immediately. The gentleman who served the champagne was super friendly (maybe he is the manager?) and has been this way everytime I have dined here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure we would return.LuvsushiDined on 10/18/2013Not sure we would return. We dine out frequently in Annapolis and decided to try Tsunami for our 17th anniversary. We were seated in a dark corner behind the bar. Very disappointed. My husband was facing a wall so in the end he sat next to me kind of made conversation a little more difficult. The food was good. Service was fair.Special Features:
- First VisitSlowVIPDined on 10/15/2013Outstanding Sushi! So good I wanted to go back the next nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.