Tsunami - Annapolis
51 West St
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Tsunami - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kapowgroup.com/tsunami
- Phone: 4109909868
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, sushi bar until 1:00am (If interested in requesting BOOTH dinner seating, please note that booths are generally only available at 6 / 6:30pm or 8 / 8:30pm. Otherwise we will do our best to accomodate your request.)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Bobby Massa and Jonathan Hsu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room available for up to 22 people. Special, customized menus available. Room Fees or Guest Minimums apply for private events held Thursday through Saturday.
- Private Party Contact: Any Manager 4109909868
- Entertainment: DJ (alt rock) many nights after 10pm. Individually scheduled theme parties, art shows, release parties and fundraising events.
- Cross Street: Calvert/Cathedral
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Best spot is Gott's Public Parking Garage located on Calvert St. between Northwest St. and West St. Once parked, exit garage near ticket dispenser and pass through small walkway and you will be right across the street from Tsunami.
A word from Tsunami - Annapolis
From fresh sushi to chef prepared steaks and seafood, Tsunami caters to all appetites. Surrounded in a modern, intimate, and lively atmosphere Tsunami welcomes all to enjoy anything from a creative drink, to a quick snack to a night of dinner and dancing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Tsunami - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Tsunami - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (8)special occasion (7)late-night find (6)good for groups (4)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The food here is great. Big selection and everything is good. I plan on going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portions!coloradomomDined on 10/10/2014The food here is good and the atmosphere lively. We ordered a combo of cooked items and sushi and everything was delicious, just not enough of it in some cases, especially with the sushi. Very small portions compared to other area sushi restaurants. Server was very friendly!Special Features:
- Great Food !deckedoutDined on 10/9/2014Dinners consisting of sea bass and salmon were very tasty. Dressing on avacado salad was also tastefully sweet. Lighting is so low it is difficult to see and noise level is high. However, the delicious food is well worth overcoming these smaller issues.Special Features:
- Tenderloin!Fiamma11Dined on 10/8/2014The sushi was terrific, the pot stickers very good but the beef tenderloin was beyond delicious. Beautifully prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my go to restaurantCatRDined on 10/4/2014Tsunami never disappoints! Love the renovations and atmosphere. The sushi is creative and delicious. I am a frequent customer and will always be. My only complaint over the many many yrs I have been a customer would be the music volume is a bit loud for dinner time. Try the Yomamoto tofu its delicious. I get it without the fish flakes, Spicy tuna roll and Metropolitan roll are my favorites. The waitstaff are always amazing and attentive and the prices are fair for the quality of food. I rate Tsunami 10/10Special Features:
- Always a Great Eating SpotYorkmanDined on 9/29/2014We usually order off the appetizers part of the menu, and Tsunami never disappoints us. We had Edamame, Popcorn Shrimp, Mussels, Avocado salad, and Fried rice with Beef. Fantastic!Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANTseptembergalDined on 9/20/2014It was my birthday and everyone from the beginning till the end of our dinner went out of their way to wish me a happy birthday I even received a free dessert. Both our meals were excellent. I had the steak and my husband had the scallops. We would highly recommend either meal. Our waitress Racine was wonderful. We love the ambiance of this restaurant and have always enjoyed our dining experience at Tsunami.Special Features:
- Always our favorite.!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014Our favorite!!!!! You can get good hot and spicey everything! Hamachi Sashimi, Deluxe Sprng rolls and a Regalo Verde with tequila ,jalapeño sour mix and lime and basil. Yum! Great Woodford reserve manhattan's UP, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clearly under-ratedAnnapolisdinersDined on 9/5/2014Clearly the most under-rated restaurant in Annapolis. Great, creative food, great drinks and wonderful service. My wife and I go there at least once a week and always have a great meal in a fun setting. More SOHO, than Annapolis, in vibe. Sushi is really better than Joss's. Probably the best bar in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th BirthdayMissCaliforniaDined on 8/16/2014The Sushi was great, the drinks were great, they were accommodating when more people joined the group than I had made reservations for, and the server was attentive and even offered to split checks without us asking. Overall I was very happy with the experience! The only criticism I ever have for this restaurant is that it is too loud. Great for friends, not for an intimate date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing servicebillduggan81Dined on 7/15/2014For the past 2 years having been saying we were gonna try this place.....wow it was worth the wait. Incredibly attentive staff and waitress and well the food surpassed our expectations. Safe to say this is gonna become a go to for us :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GoodKittyVIPDined on 7/2/2014This restaurant used to be very good, but not any more. The sushi was tasteless and did not seem fresh. There was no sushi chef in the restaurant so I suspect the sushi was not freshly cut. All in all a bad meal. Aside from the food, the restaurant is in need of updating.
- Loved Bartender Jeff!ShannonVIPDined on 6/28/2014Jeff was super! Friendly, knowledgeable and fast! All the qualities of a great bartender!Special Features:
- The following 408 reviews are from the Tsunami - Annapolis reviews archive.
- Great sushi @ new cocktailsDTAloverDined on 6/21/2014A cozy spot for groups of 2-4. Great service continually filling our waters and checking in. Loved the new cocktail menu - recommend the Mermaid Daiquiri to anyone who loves coconut and a mini trip to paradise. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentKMinMDDined on 5/25/2014Great location, nice for a dinner before a Rams Head show. Decor a little tired (cracked booth cushions). Staff in t-shirts and jeans; not terrible but adds to 'tired' feel. Staff nice enough but also seemed...tired. Food was a little pricey but good and decent portion. We were out for a rare evening without our kids...showed up dressed nicely with wife and not thrilled to be seated next to a table with little kids... But staff didn't know that...and family was nice, but kills any thought of a romantic evening. Would go again but for a regular dinner, not on date night.
- Interesting findMacbabsDined on 5/20/2014This was our second visit and the food and service was very good both times. If you are a sushi lover they have a large selection. Entre selection is very good. Nice blend of Asian and continental flavors. Ambience/décor needs a little freshening up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tsunami Rocks !!DayTrippersDined on 5/11/2014In the age of consumerism, here you are a true customer. Great people, great food, amazing service and in a great spot.Special Features:
- Mediocre sushiSushiLoverVIPDined on 5/9/2014Tsunami does not have a sushi bar, which is the first clue that the sushi would not be good. The sushi tasted like it came from a grocery store. Our server told us that most of their business comes from late night dining, which means you have to be drunk to enjoy their food - second clue. Third clue was the restaurant was empty at 7pm on a beautiful Saturday night. Needless to say, I will not be eating there any time soon.Special Features:
- Rubber fish?kevdiddyDined on 5/3/2014If you enjoy your fish rubbery, you'll love it. If you enjoy your dishes overpriced, you'll love it.
- DeniseDined on 4/26/2014The food at tsunami never disappoints...from sushi selections to the main dishes, everything was perfectly prepared and presented. While the noise level is high, the food and service are more than worth making a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi AnnapolisNaptownianDined on 4/18/2014Good spot for sushi and drinks.............................,,,,,,,,....................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistencyDisappointedDined on 4/12/2014I have dined their many times. I had a reservation, they seemed to be rushing the food out. Usually they provide a bottle of water, this time they didn't, don' t know why this time was different. The place was about 20% full! many tables were available. I was seated in the back. Very, very disappointed. The waiter did not bring out all that was ordered, had to remind him. The one thing that is good is the food. I will start using carry out.Special Features:
- I ordered the scappols andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I ordered the scappols and only got 4 of them. My plate was like a childs portion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesBignbaldDined on 2/15/2014Able to have a great convo while enjoying excellent food. Coctail was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The seating was very tightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014The seating was very tight but the food and drinks were great. The restaurant has a nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Trading on past gloryCP14Dined on 1/28/2014This was my first (and last) visit here. Other reviewers have noted that it no longer lived up to its prior glories. I found the Asian "fusion" menu very limited and usually a fusion of elements that left me shaking my head in wonder. The dish I had was bland and somewhat odd; it would have been perfectly acceptable acceptable in a Chinese carry-out, but not in a place whose prices promise, but do not deliver, much more. Perhaps it has become a tourist spot, where diners do mot return because they were just visiting. I live here and will not eat there again. The only bright spots were the wines by the glass, which were good, and the service, which was attentive.
- A place to rememberZoninVIPDined on 1/26/2014This is my go to restaurant in Annapolis. The food is fresh and wonderful. The bourbon drinks are creative and awesome .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi riceLove2EatDined on 1/20/2014I've been to Tsunami a few times before and had an amazing time. Last night, I was less than impressed with the food quality. We ordered a few rolls and and some apps. The rice seemed either old or under cooked, because it was hard and very dry.Special Features:
- Love this place! Food is alwayssomewhathappycustomerDined on 1/19/2014Love this place! Food is always awesome. Stay away from the brussel sprouts though. I love brussel sprouts, but these were a big, soggy, stinky swing and a miss. The sushi is top rate though!Special Features:
- A menu that thinks outside the boxTEAMODined on 1/19/2014Just a fabulous, interesting, enticing menu. Bison short rib with sirachi mac and cheese and braised brussel sprouts with bacon is delicious. Tandoori salmon is a clear winner. Cocktail menu is fun. Best Manhattan (357) in town to be honest. They did not have it this time but they made one just as special. Sushi menu is a twist from what you see elsewhere. Just a happening place. Get the Living Social deal when it comes around, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we wentdss123Dined on 1/18/2014Though not a family restaurant, we took our kids and we all loved it. Food was excellent. Noisy and small, but we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiJoeloDined on 1/17/2014The food(sushi) was great as always and we also had a good bottle if chilled sake. I made reservations for 5 people and they squeezed us onto a table for four by adding a chair. Meanwhile a boot just across from us stayed empty for most of the time we were there. 2nd time that has happened to us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningIcemanVIPDined on 1/16/2014Food, service, ambience were all excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- eclectic and generally consistentWatssonDined on 1/16/2014At Tsunami we tend to make a small plate meal out of sushi and starters. The sushi -- very fresh. A spinach salad -- delicious. Kobe sliders -- my wife, the beef-eater, loved them. The mussels were okay -- not the best in Annapolis. But the curry soup just didn't live up to expectations -- not the hearty, warming dish we envisioned for a cold and windy night. The noise level -- they should turn down the volume just a bit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level was outrageousWayFoodieVIPDined on 1/16/2014The music selections and noise level chosen by the restaurant overpowered the food which was quite tasty. I would return again to give the restaurant another try. The couple seated beside us were also unimpressed with the music choice and volume. They assured us it wasn't usually like this.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceDebbieMDined on 1/10/2014We had a wonderful time at Tsunami. The sushi was beyond expectations and our server, Brian, did a wonderful job. A must see whether you live here or are just visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts to die forlinnyDined on 1/8/2014We shared the Neopolitan Brownie with coconut icecream. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, music too loud!JtcramerDined on 12/31/2013We had dinner on NYE. The food was great, the service was very good but the music was way too loud! We couldn't carry a conversation at our table without yelling at each other. It was our first time there, so I don't know if it's always that loud or whether it was because of it being New Years Eve. Overall it was a good experience and I'd go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but noise levelaussiegirlDined on 12/31/2013Food was great but noise level was way over the top. Turn it down. Will not return.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Each time I go here, I leave having had great food and excellent service. Everyone working there shares the responsibility of ensuring their guests are being taken care of. Kudos to the Scott, Matt and Josh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.