225 S. Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tsukurofl.com/
- Phone: (954) 523-1407
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Intimate private dining room; accommodates 12 ppl. Equipped with audiovisual facilities.
- Private Party Contact: Arianne Glassman 9545231407x
A word from Tsukuro
Located in the hub of Fort Lauderdale Beach,Tsukuro features seasonal ocean treasures from the raw bar and a variety of fresh sushi, sashimi and rolls, complemented by small and large plates for sharing, ranging from traditional favorites like Korean-Style Ribs ) to Chinese-style Roasted Duck to playful takes on classics with Slow-Braised Oxtail Spring Rolls and Thai-style Whole Fish. A thoughtful selection of wine, sake, tea, beer and signature cocktails brings harmonious balance to the umami (savory) culinary offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tsukuro reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- LaurenVIPDined on 11/1/2014Liked this place. Food was good but not great. The lighting up near the sushi bar wa very poor. I better lighting there would make it more pleasing to eat in the section.
- Good food & service, but overpricedrayray23Dined on 10/31/2014The food was delicious but expensive for sushi and pad Thai. Fun ambiance thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay.TBoneDined on 10/2/2014We went to Tsukuro for a birthday celebration and ordered many different things. The best thing we had was edamame. The Brussels sprouts were pretty good, too, but the sushi was not outstanding, pad thai just average, oxtail spring rolls were awful. Drinks were a little overpriced.
- "paging Gordon Ramsey"grayyakVIPDined on 9/26/2014will succeeed due to location. Raggae in a sushi place ?? wait staff aloof . food just passible.
- Great Place!BeachwatcherDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I went there for lunch yesterday after hearing some good reviews from my friend. We also crave for sushi and raw bar. They have good selections of oyster and sushi. Not sure the other Asian dishes were a good mix for the menu but then we thought maybe the restaurant targets out of towners and not so much locals. The service was slow consider it was Tuesday and not a busy day at all. It took 30 minutes to get our first dish and 45 minutes to get the Ceviche. But over all the food is good and the place is very nice. The raw Bar is excellent displayed with good varietySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceAureliVIPDined on 8/23/2014Have a nice group dinner and our waitress was superb. I remember his name is Iguan and is from Rumania .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantCrumbiesCrumbsDined on 8/17/2014The atmosphere along with the food and drinks were phenomenal! Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nicecancaDined on 8/12/2014besides the "tip included of 15%" . Food was superb and the ambiance really, really nice.Special Features:
- First time dinerPMB7Dined on 8/9/2014I read the reviews before we went and it appeared it could be hit or miss. Overall, the food and service was good. It is a bit noisy as you get music from the surrounding restaurants that bothered one of our guests. There are a lot of options and the sushi was very good. I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food too noisyRonibDined on 8/9/2014The service was great, they had great attitude. The food was excellent. The only bad thing is that they are too close to a spanish restaurant that played their music so freaking loud. It was hard to enjoy the experience with that next door. Ask for Maria, she was awesome.Special Features:
- The following 18 reviews are from the Tsukuro reviews archive.
- Eh...TommyVIPDined on 7/21/2014The restaurant was empty yet we had to flag down a server to take our order. Service was very slow. Food was average. I've never been to an Asian inspired restaurant where there is a $5 charge for rice. The 18% gratuity is added to bill - but was never mentioned when the check was delivered. When there is an added gratuity, the servers don't have any incentive to give good service.
- Not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Not worth the time. Sushi was nothing authentic. Service was terrible!!!!!
- warrenDined on 5/28/2014Waiter try to hit me up to increase the automatic tip by telling me it was not enough.Special Features:
- Scatterbrained serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The service was not very good. Everything came out at roundon times, 2 of our dishes didn't come at all until we asked about them, one of the items wasn't on the ticket at all. The server wasn't very friendly until the end when he brought the ticket and explained that he only got a small cut of the included 18% gratuity and that we could leave more for him if we wanted. Nice looking place right on the beach, we will probably not be returning. Unfortunately :(Special Features:
- Finally a decent beach restaurantVIP2VIPDined on 5/24/2014We live nearby and normally wouldn't set foot in one of the Las Olas Beach restaurants. Tsukuro wins!! A great table just inside from the street, wonderful small plates, a more than acceptable wine list and we were set. The fried oysters in lettuce wrap are outstanding. The satay combination is also really good. We'll probably become regulars.Special Features:
- Great overall experienceJonathanVIPDined on 5/9/2014Took a friend there for his birthday. We were immediately taken to our seat inside of the restaurant near the bar. The decor is trendy and looks even better at night when you can't really see the ocean. The food was good overall. Some interesting flavors like the baked oysters. We ordered uni sushi with quail eggs and it just seemed like the sushi chef cracked the entire egg over the uni. Other places just place the yolk on top and skim out the clear liquid. Our server was great, but check your bill! There is an automatic 15% gratuity added. She definitely deserved more than that, however, I feel a restaurant should always verbally tell the guests about the auto gratuity. They should not just rely on a tiny line written in the menu.Special Features:
- EnjoyableDSmithVIPDined on 4/3/2014The restaurant is right across the street from the ocean. A vibrant area. Exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced sushi on the beach!MargoVIPDined on 3/21/2014Overpriced sushi on the beach! Rolls are 15 dollars and so small we left hungry!Special Features:
- Great dining on the beach!TJMCCVIPDined on 3/20/2014If you are looking for some great seafood and sushi then this is a must try. They prepare some of their dishes differently (i.e. crispy sea bass) so definitely ask about the preparation before you order. Beautiful sushi and raw bar with oysters, crab legs, whole red snapper, etc.... Lots of small plate selections for sharing so you can try a variety of menu items. Roasted Brussels Sprouts were exceptional.. Service was excellent and views spectacular with indoor/outdoor seating. Restaurant is only a few weeks old but it should be around for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our most enjoyable evening!BoilerDined on 3/18/2014Loved the contemporary decor and lively atmosphere without being too loud. We sat inside but enjoyed the water view! Waiter was great and didn't rush us. We tried the square sushi and the California roll. Both excellent and fresh! Very interesting menu with a lot of choices. We were looking for sushi and very happy! Definitely a place on the beach to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant ExperienceBluezingaDined on 3/9/2014We were in town for a youth sports competition and wanted to have a team dinner. Several high school age athletes were interested in having Asian cuisine. This restaurant was excellent on many levels. The atmosphere was really nice. The service was efficient. Most importantly the food was excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Seal550Dined on 3/7/2014Perfect all around dining experience. Amazing look...one of a kind. Great staff and on the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best there is, on FLL beachTalyDDined on 3/5/2014We have dined at Tsukuro's for a birthday celebration. The service was impeccable, the food had a chic look and an unbelievable taste. The greatest thing was the ambiance and beauty of the place. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014It's new so needs a shake down. Food seems to be down (sushi was particularly awesome) but not much else. Our server was nice but very inexperienced and it showed. It's spot right next to Rock Bar makes it really loud the Saturday night we were there. Overall I just think it needs some time as it just opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We had a group that ate at this new restaurant , and we gave it a fair score. The service will be great once they get things figured out. This place has only been open a couple of weeks. Our waiter had a rough time getting things straight, but with help of the manager they were great. The food was good, the price are great and it is right on the beach. I would recommend this place to anyone who likes sushi, but that is the main thing on the menu. Overall I would say give it a try.Special Features:
- Awesome!NPExecDined on 2/15/2014It was my first time to dine at Tsukuro and I'm glad I did! The food was excellent! Service was a bit slow but probably because it was a day after Valentine's Day. The food presentation was beautiful and portions are just right. I'm also glad that they have valet parking although it still costs $10 even after validation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left something to be desiredCanadianPairDined on 2/14/2014We were excited to try this restaurant as the menu looked great, as well as the ambience looked like it might be something up our alley. The restaurant was extremely noisy so if you are looking for a quiet place to take a date, this is not it! Our food was great, however the service wasn't up to snuff. We had many dishes brought to our table that were not our own, and had to continuously ask for one of our dishes that finally showed up well after we had finished the rest of our meal. We would not go back to this restaurant next time we visit Fort Lauderdale.Special Features:
- Delicious sushi! Great rolls.buckheadgirlDined on 2/12/2014Delicious sushi! Great rolls. Great view right on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.