723 7th Ave
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tsqbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 2123981118
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Chef Victor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
- Private Party Facilities: Times Square Brasserie is a Bi-Level American inspired brasserie and sushi bar located in the heart of Times Square. With its sleek decor and intimate settings TSQ is the perfect place for private functions, breakfast, lunch as well as a place to grab a delicious late night bite.
- Private Party Contact: Hafid 8776262069
- Entertainment: Jazz band:
Thursday, Friday Saturday & Sunday:
6pm - Midnight
DJ: Thursday, Friday Saturday & Sunday: Midnight - 3am
A word from TSQ Brasserie
This classic French American Bistro has been a landmark in Times Square since 1998. Friendly service with great food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TSQ Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance2.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (1)Show More
- grossOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014Food was cold and tasted awful. We had to pay for dinner then find somewhere else to eat.
- Decent Mealassante1Dined on 9/30/2014We've had breakfast at the TSQ a few times, which is fantastic. This time we decided to try dinner with a Groupon. For the Groupon value, we got a great deal as it includes appetizer, 2 meals and 2 alcoholic beverages. The food was a decent meal, not bad, but nothing to crow about either. Salmon was dry, but the sides were flavorful. Server was pleasant and attentive. I think we'll stick to breakfast though...I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingQueenBVIPDined on 9/16/2014I had an excellent Groupon and was pleased that there was no issue with accepting the Groupon. Don't get the sesame chicken app - it's chicken fingers. French onion soup was good. My daughter and I shared steak frites. Side salad was great, steak was good, fries were good - until my daughter says "what's that?" There was something unidentifiable underneath the fries. Asked the waitress and she looked concerned, took the plate to the kitchen and returned saying it was part of the bag the fries had come in, somehow it ended up in the fryer and then on our plate. They made another one. She handled it well but I expected a manager to come and speak to us at least. Accidents happen, we didn't freak out, but it sure was weird.Special Features:
- The food was terrible.BurrataGalDined on 9/2/2014The server was nice enough but you can't make up for horrible food that doesn't resemble what is described on the menu.
- The following 15 reviews are from the TSQ Brasserie reviews archive.
- Great location for a nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014Restaurant was in great location, close to Broadway and in Times Square. It was 5:30p, and not very busy, but the service was slow. Waitress was busy on her phone, not paying attention to her tables. Food was good, however we were expecting a larger menu for dinner.Special Features:
- You will be fullDoccindy88Dined on 12/22/2013French onion soup very good. The hamburgers were huge. Couldn't even finish. We enjoyed very much and was a quick place. To eat before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time Square LunchpmrthirdVIPDined on 12/13/2013conveniently located right near Times Square. Nice place to have lunch with a lot of energy and all the meals that I saw looks fantastic! A friend and I shared a bottle of wine and enjoyed the fried calamari and quesadilla. Would like to go back againto try the burgers and french onion soup which looked great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012Upon arrival at TSQ, they said they did not do reservations and were not on Open Table. After some discussion, they finally found us a table. The service was very slow, and we saw our server a total of 3 times. We never received refills on our drinks and no one came to check on us. My friend's food was okay, but my burger was completely undercooked.
- Bad managerial customer service.BurgerVIPDined on 5/22/2012I had no problem with my server Anna, she was great. It was the manager that I had a problem with. When I got there I someone that I had an open table reservation and to please check me in. The manager, Jimmy, came over and said that they not have a reservation for me, I told him I did, but let it go, thinking maybe the reservation didn't confirm. At the end of the meal I went to use a dining certificate and after waiting 20 minutes for Anna to find Jimmy, he told her to tell me that they do not accept the certificate. Later on I checked my confirmation email and I did indeed have a viable reservation. I had also contacted Open table to tell them about this situation and asked to also be credited for my points.
- They may have changed theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2012They may have changed the restaurant's name, but the menu still smacks of what it used to be - Maxie's deli. This is not a French restaurant.
- TSQ Brasserie in New York CitySusieVIPDined on 1/21/2012Good location for theater. The food was good and the servie was excellent, but it lacked an ambiance and I was expecting a french brasserie, but the menu was very eclectic and more on the American menu emphasis.Special Features:
- Great Location for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Great Location for a special ocassion like New Year's Eve or to see Times Square at night.Make reservations for New Year's Eve with ample time.Special Features:
- I was there for New Year´sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011I was there for New Year´s Eve, it was crazy! Wonderful Party!Special Features:
- Good choice in Times SquareCarolynAVIPDined on 12/29/2011We had 4 kids and 4 adults the week between Christmas and New Years. I was expecting to be crowded and rushed in Times Square at that time but couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. We were made to feel welcome. Service was very friendly, timely but not rushed. (and they were quick with both the hot chocolate and the wine!) Good kids menu and varied adult menu. VERY generous portions. Entrees could easily be shared. We sat upstairs which has a good view of the street action and billboards though not much atmosphere inside.Special Features:
- The only real plus is itsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/16/2011The only real plus is its proximity to the theater district!
- Great place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011Excellent service! Made reservation through open table & received the best table in the place. Great, attentive staff. Good crowd. Had french toast with fruit - incredible. Had steak & eggs - great. Yummy coffee. Thank you for a great dining experience!Special Features:
- great group spot to go to before aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2011The service was really great - and everyone in our group very much enjoyed their meal. I great group spot to go to before a show.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2011Waitress was really bad. Table was right next to sidewalk with open doors, which was fine except for the hot dog cart's smoke billowing right over our table. There were plenty of other seats available but the waitress just laughed about it when we asked to have a different table.
- The service was very slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/24/2011The service was very slow. The tables on both sides were also complaining. It took more than 20 minutes to get dessert and almost 2 hours total for brunch. The food was unremarkable to poor. The Reuben was dry and served without salad dressing. The sound on a couple TVs was turned on and music was being played over sound system. The AC was off and it was uncomfortably warm. The wait staff tried but there wasn't much they could do.